Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by xvart »

HackerHuck wrote:
Vote: xvart
He was scum in the last game we played together and I can't see why he wouldn't be scum again.

Just a warning, but I had to do some unplanned travel for business so I may not be very active this week.
Scandalous! Following that logic, and since he won't be around to defend himself...

Vote: HackerHuck :lol:

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:51 am

Post by xvart »

I find the discussion about Gehrad's vote removal and justifications entirely uninteresting. I probably would have done the same thing had I been on the wagon, although I probably would have waited until L-2. I also agree that Gehrad's not responsible for the bandwagon stopping as anyone else could jump on it at anytime; but I do think Gehrad's action, or rather the questioning of his action, that made it not a day one (page one) shenanigans wagon any longer.
Nachomamma8, 21 wrote:In addition to Ectomancer's reasons, I am voting you because you seem afraid to remain with a bandwagon very long.
I think it is a little premature to decide about someone's general dedication to bandwagons, don't you think? Is the set of one bandwagon (especially one during "RVS") a good representation of all bandwagons? I think not. I think this "additional" justification for the vote is ridiculous.

Nachomamma8 - pursuing the course you are, it appears to me that you are most concerned with the behavior and not necessarily whom the vote was cast on (you). Is this true?
Nachomamma8, 28 wrote:@raider: Why are you trying to extend the RVS when it's obviously already ended? What is your opinion on what's happened so far?
This is a good question, especially considering the response.
raider8169, 37 wrote:Why not? There is no official ending for the RVS so I thought it would be fun to change my vote a few times. Besides, if the RVS has officially ended wouldnt all the votes casted during the RVS be removed?
raider8169, 37 wrote:I thought what was going on was stupid but I wasnt about to say something as it was sparking conversation which is always good. I saw the third vote as a null tell as well as the unvote.
You thought the conversation was stupid, yet it was good because it was conversation; but you did not want to participate? You felt the best move was to just ignore the good, stupid conversation and let everyone else participate while you switched your "vote a few times"?

Vote: raider8169

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: forgot the unvote...

Unvote: HackerHuck
Vote: raider8169

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 am

Post by xvart »

raider8169 - I lost my train of thought, let me regain it and I will get to your question.
kikuchiyo wrote:1. What is your experience level?
2. Do you prefer scum roles or town roles?
3. Favorite color.
4. How many players in this lineup have you played with before?
1. completed two games so far on this site and in a couple others. Played a handful of games at another forum where there was less concern with balance, etc. and a strict 2d day/1d night.
2. I prefer scum roles.
3. the yellow in the natural green when the sun shines off of trees and bushes.
4. HackerHuck, kikuchiyo, Ectomancer, 5cvm, Gerhard Krause

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by xvart »

Jesus. In this game, too? 5cvm is the alt of Milkshake and is an account to just play like a dickhead. His play is going to be calling himself scum and then naming scum partners over and over. Don't expect anything worthwhile from him.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by xvart »

Gerhard Krause wrote:Role information? So what, you're a day cop?
No. He's implying that he is scum and the role information is his scum buddies.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:32 am

Post by xvart »

kikuchiyo wrote:At the very least it helps us find out whose going to be helpful and polite and whose going to be assholes.
Hilariously classic.
kikuchiyo wrote:I think you're missing the point that 5cvm might just be an asshole.
This is what I agree with.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 am

Post by xvart »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And I also think that kiikuchiyo's comment + xvart's reaction to it was a bit immature; after all, this is still a game, and you don't have to call people assholes in order to play it properly.
I also apologize for my comment. I never said I endorsed any implication in it and I read it as a joke. I really thought it was a funny thing to say regarding asking a series of questions during the "alleged" RVS "phase." Of course, since I've played a game with kikuchiyo before I might have a little more experience discerning that. But I agree, let's all be friends... at least until someone turns up scum.
5cvm wrote:Sometimes I think people on this website get so caught up in being belligerent and accusatory that what they're actually talking about goes right out the window. In my first game here, I got really caught up in a entirely useless and unneccesary argument with one of those people, so needless to say I decided I'd never let
that
happen again.
So you have since decided that being totally unhelpful is the better strategy?
5cvm wrote:Ok, while I admit that my "gambit" (which hardly deserves the title) was anything but inpenetrable, several people accepted it, and in the process of making it I made a second post with much more convincing wording.
Who accepted your soft "role claim" and what did they accept about it?
Unity wrote:
xvart wrote:No. He's implying that he is scum and the role information is his scum buddies.

xvart.
ok. I understand what you're saying but not why he would do such a thing. Is that a common role element in these alternate games? You seem very familiar with it.
I'm not familiar with what you are suggesting. I'm somewhat familiar with 5cvm.

So, since 5cvm "claimed" to have a power role that suggested Nochamama was scum and now thinks Nochamamma is definitely town he is lying either about his "power role" or he is lying about information in his "power role." Either way, he is lying; plus, why would someone claim to have a power role in his first post? Maybe because he isn't worried about being NK'ed?

Unvote: raider8169
Vote: 5cvm

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 am

Post by xvart »

HackerHuck wrote:This is close to what I was thinking. 5cvm's information claim did not at all seem genuine, so I didn't even take it at face value when I voted. It became scummier to me when he confirmed that he was really trying to imply that he had inside knowledge of Nacho's alignment, but was doing it as a gambit.

I'm really surprised that no one else is bothered by it.
I'm bothered by it, too. As I noted, I'm especially bothered by the fact that he said he had inside knowledge saying Nachomama was scum and now Nachomama is a solid town read.
Green Crayons wrote:
·
Would love to have 5cvm response to 105 and 110. I'm also curious as to what extensive professed insight as to players' alignment 5cvm has apparently gleaned. Something other than names would be nice (hint: explanations!).
I would love to hear those responses, too.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Can everyone please be sure to properly attribute the quotes in their messages, please? Ahem... Nacho...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by xvart »

Nachomamma8 wrote:120 was a pretty useless post, xvart. Got some sage advice to share with us?
Nope, no sage advice at this point. I'm waiting on 5cvm to respond, which was why I posted my "useless" post.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am

Post by xvart »

5cvm wrote:Xvart, I don't believe you and I will ever get along. <3
lol. I truly hope that isn't true. :D
5cvm wrote:"It's not you, it's me." :)
You're giving me the "It's not you, it's me" speech?

5cvm wrote:You should be happy I got off of it pretty quickly, compared to our other game. ;)
In all honesty, and without speaking about ongoing games too much, I like you just fine in this game. Your first post, right out of the bat, seemed like exactly the same thing from the other game, only a little more passive aggressive about self claiming scum. I now realize that was my mistake and I shouldn't have jumped so high so fast. However, I still think you are scum
this
game.
5cvm wrote:Although, if it ever comes time for me to claim, you will see that my randomgambitclaim was inspired by my real role.
I look forward to reading your role when the time comes.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:43 am

Post by xvart »

Happy holidays. I'll post before COB today.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 am

Post by xvart »

Ectomancer wrote:I'm not getting over this, coughing up blood this morning so I'm headed back to the doctor.
Dang. I hope you get better soon.
Budja wrote:
wolframnhart replaces Ectomancer
Welcome, wolframnhart. Happy hunting.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
but for that "scumtell", I don't think you can really say that. you've never played with me before.
I know a scumtell when I see one, despite whose name is to the left of it.
Is the scumtell you are talking about the not knowing the votecount or misrepresenting the votecount?
kikuchiyo wrote:Competing wagons are good for town.
Especially when they both may very well be scum. My vote tomorrow is heavily leaning towards MrSuave tomorrow unless he posts something incredible. I believe we have legitimate cases on both 5cvm and MrSuave.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by xvart »

MrSuave wrote:Happy new years everyone!
I would be willing to switch votes from 5cvm to MrSuave based on this post alone.
Gerhard Krause wrote:Also I don't have my probabilities wrong. If you want me to discount myself, that's reasonable. 1/11 of hitting scum. Happy?
So you think there is only one scum in this game? The odds of randomly hitting a scum member is probably around 25% - 33% (if there are three or four scum respectively).

@5cvm
(when you return): are you going to give us the details of your role inspired gambit if you are forced to claim?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 am

Post by xvart »

Unvote: 5cvm
Vote: MrSuave

That's five, L-2. My only concern is MrSuave just gave up and isn't interested in the game anymore; but lynching a lurker isn't a bad thing either way...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:28 am

Post by xvart »

I'm here. Sorry I needed a prod. I'll answer Peanutman's questions and post some other thoughts later tonight.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:41 am

Post by xvart »

peanutman wrote:@xvart, am I correct in thinking you don't feel that Mr Suave or 5cvm are scummy, but rather badly playing townies?
I definitely think 5cvm is scummy. I'm fencesitting on MrSuave, and switched my vote based on his responses to the increased pressure. I was hoping some increased pressure (up to L-2) would get some answers, content, responses, etc. and would be satisfied returning my vote to 5cvm but with the lackluster response by MrSuave I can't tell if he is just a townie who doesn't know what to do to get out of his current predicament or a resigned scum member.
peanutman wrote:If so, who does strike you as scummy currently?
I'm going to keep my vote where it is for now, but I would switch to 5cvm or even raider when the deadline approaches and their responses. I think I was the first one all over raider and my pursuit of him went nowhere; but since others are chiming in now I would be happy to go back and put some more pressure on him. My top clear scum reads are 5cvm and raider.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 am

Post by xvart »

Gerhard Krause wrote:@Xvart - What did you find scummy about MrSuave in the first place?
I initially did not like his "happy New Year" post, especially when he had not commented on the vote on him, nor provided any discussion. He did not mention anything of the sort about posting later. It appeared to be an obvious posting as not to get prodded or possibly active lurking. Then, when another vote (or couple votes, can't remember) were placed on him the only thing he said was "le gasp." So I put my vote on him to put him at L-2, which I was comfortable doing to see if that would make him take the votes more seriously. As I've said, I'm not sure if he is resigned scum now that he has so many votes or just a townie who doesn't know how to get out of the place he is in.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 am

Post by xvart »

I am fine was also fine with the hammer prior to Green Crayons posting; and now that he has, it is even less issue.

I am also happy with pressing Raider a little harder tomorrow, but we'll see after the NK.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by xvart »

Good game everyone. I have been following this game ever since I was replaced and really enjoyed it. I also wanted to apologize for my need to be replaced and my lack of activity prior to that. I was really hating my job at the time of my low activity and was about to go on a much needed vacation where I was super excited to get to read through and post so some serious content but then when I arrived my hotel did not have internet connection which it had advertised it did. I wasn't even able to contact Faraday to tell him which is why I fell of the face of the planet.

I'll be anxious to hear if Gehrad explains his claim.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”