Newbie 893 - Newbieland! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

/confirm

been waiting impatiently for my first game :3
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

ThetaSigma wrote:
Vote: JarcLovesCinn

Because that username is completely tasteless.
But I do love my dog... : (. Could be concidered weird, but not tasteless imo :P.

Now about whats going on so far, I havn't figured out whats more suspicious ; Rizas quick second vote or Honest Ables desperate explinations and early (first post) roll call. Sure it was just explaining the origin of his name and all that but it kind of seems that he's already feeling some pressure? Maybe it's just me though....

I'll go ahead and
vote : Hetemens
out of random and hopefully get him to talk some more.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Hetemens wrote:
JarcLovesCinn wrote:
ThetaSigma wrote:
Vote: JarcLovesCinn

Because that username is completely tasteless.
But I do love my dog... : (. Could be concidered weird, but not tasteless imo :P.
What kind of dog is it?
She was a boxer / german shepard mix, imo the most awesome and calmest dog ever, I hate overexcited dogs, which is usually proof of a bad owner. She passed away 1 year ago.

Anywho, I wasn't excpecting this many people to jump on the Hetemens bandwaggon, I almost feel bad for the poor grounded guy :P.

I'll actually go ahead and
unnvote : Hetemens
since he hasn't proven as suspicious as other people, and before I cast another vote I'll start by saying that I'm putting a FoS on Honest Able. Not ready to cast a vote on him yet, but I'm expecting a (preferably) short explination on why Honest is being so nervous o_O.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

chauchaudotcom wrote:JarcLovesCinn - What's your view on Frost's argument about both Pomegranate and Theta?
I was getting the feeling the Frost was beeing quite agressive and didnt quite understand where it was all coming from. I dunno if this is how he usually is or how he types but I was kind of getting a bad vibe off of some of his posts. Then again the same went for Poms responses imo, again I might misinterprete forum typing but was detecting alot of sarcasm. I figured it was some sort of SEvsIC power struggle ;p. As for Theta I felt that Frost was just trying to argue for the sake of arguing. Playing with peoples emotions are we? :P. But it seems that things have cooled down between all of them.

If you want the shorter answer I didn't get any scummy vibes out of those clashes. Seemed more like a small group of people that wants to prove their superiority.

I'm not a big fan of the same 2 people posting right after one another it makes it harder to compare actions versus other people since the only imput we're getting right now is petty arguing imo.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

If I was 'forced' that would mean that I wouldn't be basing my vote on who I think is actual scum, since I still havn't figured that out and am currently not voting.
Rather, beeing 'forced' would make me try to vote someone out based on their personality, or who's rubbing me the wrong way. I really don't want to go down that road since alot of people rub me the wrong way IRL, so far in this game there are three people that have been doing that ; RayFrost, Pome and Theta.

With that in mind, I'd find it more appealing for the town to keep experienced players that could help us later in the game, reducing my vote to Theta.

But you won't see me cast a vote for him - or anyone for that matter - right away just with that reasoning. Currently there's just too little information to work on, but I must say that I like your posts, asking different questions to different people. It makes people stay on topic. The only positive posts I've read were answers to your questions.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

chauchaudotcom wrote:Jarc - Fair enough. Given that there is little information to work with, how do you propose we get more information out in the open?
I like the way you're doing it. Alot of players have comments to add or more questions to ask when other people answer your questions. One question from you sparks a discussion (or debate), one that is usefull for all of us to get better reads on everyone else.
chauchaudotcom wrote:I believe Pom already stated this. In the end, the chances of any of us being scum are the same. Hence, you need to learn to distinguish from actual game play and game mechanics. But you are correct about the dangers of ICs and SEs. Naturally, we are more experienced so we will be able to cover our tracks much better.
I guess that also means that you guys can be pretty good at not even leaving a track at all? I'm getting that vibe off of Pom after this :
Pomegranate wrote:
chauchaudotcom wrote:Pom, page five into the game and I have seen no scum hunting from you. What say you to this, particularly after your scumtell post?
What say I? Scumhunt!
Very very neutral answer, the rest of her post, again, talks about general game mechanics and simple observation on few players. You
say
Scumhunt yet you seem to
do
otherwise.
Pomegranate wrote:JarcLovesCinn seems a little indecisive, but I'm like that too sometimes.
I am, but you should be happy about that now that you're L-1, had I made up my mind on page 3/4 it might be nighttime right now.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Oups I counted Honest 2 times.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

JarcLovesCinn wrote:I am, but you should be happy about that now that you're L-1, had I made up my mind on page 3/4 it might be nighttime right now.
Pomegranate wrote:I don't get this. Could you please explain it?

(If what it means is that you feel ready for a lynch, and to go into night: You really feel that there is enough information to lynch a scumbag tomorrow?

FoS: JLC
.)
I meant that if I wern't indecisive, as you said I was, I probably would have casted my vote for you page 5, where I stated that I was suspicious of yourself, Frost and Theta.
So it's the exact opposite ; I'm not ready to lynch. Also note that I said that thinking that you were already L-1, but you are now so I guess the rest of my comment is still valid.

I don't enjoy the FoS out of a misunderstanding that you didn't get an explination for yet.
Vaporeonage wrote:My views on the game.

Pom and Frost seem to be clashing rather than hunting the Mafia. Frost seems to be of more assistance than Pom, so I
Unvote, Vote Pomegrante

... were you just reading the first 2 pages or something? Why would you vote with such weak reasoning to put someone L-1? Get in the loop man, seems like you didn't think twice before posting that.

Big FoS on Vapor.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Man I can't count.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 am

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
Jarc wrote:So it's the exact opposite ; I'm not ready to lynch. Also note that I said that thinking that you were already L-1, but you are now so I guess the rest of my comment is still valid.
Why were you prepared to L-1 Pom but not prepared to lynch her? To L-1 her puts her in a position to be lynched. You already claimed you were ready to do so had someone else not done it prior.
You're getting it wrong, I was under the impression that my vote would have L-1'd her back on page 5, I though she was in deep enough **** to go from L-2 to L-1 so I was "okay" with the L-2 thinking there no way she'd get 2 quick votes, which would be easy scumtell (a la vapor).

I was just answering her comment where she said that I'm hesitant, where I answered that, yes, I am hesitant, but that it's a good thing for her cuz I COULD have L-1 and then vapor came in with another vote.

I wanted to AVOID a L-1, I never was 'prepared' to L-1 her.

(To make things super clear, back on page 5 I though that if I had voted for for her, she'd be gone now due to vapors vote, but alas I can't count aparently.)
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Did our comments alone make you unvote? First you vote for her with weak reasoning, then you unvote suddenly because we question your vote? I have nothing against someones vote as long as there's some thought put into it. You don't seem too know or be interested in what's going. I don't enjoy the fact that you take your decisions without giving imput on why you're doing so, it makes me feel like you're distancing yourself from us.

vote:Vaporeonage

Why exactly did you unvote Pom? She doesn't seem suspicious anymore? You just pop in and pop out and barely say anything, share what you think is going on so far, especially when voting.
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

Is that some sort of "typical newbie town" reaction or something? Because I'm seeing it more as nervousness for attracting so much attention, now he's trying to follow the crowd as if nothing happened, that's not weird?

What's the real reasoning behind this?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”