angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 am

Post by angelmouse »

Col.Cathart wrote:We have one?

In addition, Tracker seems to be convinced Hito lynch will be a mislynch actually, and I'm curious why he thinks that.
surely it was a joke. We're only on page two, game barely started and with 12 players it's hardly a lynch situation.

Jumping the gun a bit and voting on it?? Strange play

fos, cot.cathartic
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 am

Post by angelmouse »

Col.Cathart wrote:
And how is it related in any way with the fact, he called wagon on Hito 'early
mislynch
'?
I can see what you mean, now. i missed the fact it was mislunch and not lynch. I still feel you acted strongly so early on.
a) It's called 'getting us out from RVS', and there's nothing strange with it
there had been little to no RV, but its got the coversation started so thats good.

b) FoSing instead of voting at the point when you don't have any other suspect mentioned, and no vote is gonna kill instantly anyone? Now THAT'S a strange play.
not really seeing as I don't find you overly scummy yet, just interested in keeping an eye on you. Jumping the gun isn't always a scum tell, you could be an eager town so hence no vote. I tend to vote on the person i see as the scummiest at the time. The game had barely started and some people hadn't even posted yet, so for me, its too premature for a serious vote

c) Please refer to me as Col.Cathart or other more common abbreviations like CC, Col.C, Cathart, Colonel etc. instead of this abomination you just used :P
So sorry for that. i used my phone to type the last post and the stupid keyboard tries to guess what you are typing and my proof checking obviously sucks. You will be Col.C for me from now on, well if i train my phone that is!

RedCoyote wrote: This seems... off. This seems borderline defensive of The Tracker rather than just a general disagreement.

Like, I would've thought nothing of this post if it was just the first two sentences, but the last part of the post sticks out to me. It's one thing for angel and the Colonel have completely different early game philosophies, but to speak for The Tracker like angel is doing here could point to treesaw defending or possibly buddying?

angel, if not for something he suspects, what else would you rather the Colonel vote on?
I wasn't defending tracker, i just read it as a joke and thought it strange that Col.C had read into it so harshly and voted on it. I haven't said anything in defence of tracker anyway, more just my interpretation of it. I think mislynch is the wrong word and a slip up, but is a scum slip up, I don't know yet, more time required to work that out. I agree that voting on something he suspects is def the best play, but it was flimsy reasoning in my opinion. We had barely entered RV stage and im all for getting out of it quickly, but to find someone scummy on their first post and put a serious vote on it is strange and something to mention and watch. I might be wrong in my game theory, but i like to get a flavour for everyone and the way they are playing. Hats off to it though, game has properly started.
quagmire wrote: hi im here
nothing to say?
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 am

Post by angelmouse »

I'm not what you would class as a heavy poster, but I do dislike a game slowing down and discussion dying as it allows time to pass till the deadline. I have little to nothing to say since my last post though.
Quagmire wrote:
No not really, I don't see any scumtells yet.
surely you have some sort of comment even if it's not scum tells, even a flavour for the game? Saying nothing is hardly helpful.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 am

Post by angelmouse »

FYI: my laptop had gone out on loan to my family so can't post tonight and can't really get away with a big post at work today as boss in and watching over computer. He is out tomorrow so will post then :D

Would like to say a couple of things about the claim, but my initial thoughts are that it isn't fake. I am still concerned about it though. Reasoning for this will follow.

Quagmire there is now things to discuss, please comment or my vote will land with you.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by angelmouse »

Guys i am here, sorry for the weekend off, laptop never arrived so was completely without net. I have it in my hands now. Have the evening off tonight so will do a mega read through and post huge amounts.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by angelmouse »

Ok first things first, sorry for the absence. re-read done and some comments on the main things to happen so far.

Hoopla's miller claim. Interesting. Not totally convinced either way on this. She has guaranteed herself almost a free pass to day D1 and N1 whether the claim is real or not. If it is, I doubt scum will focus on her tonight nor push for a lynch today, if she is indeed scum then she gives herself time to plant and get townies lynched. I'm willing to believe it for D1 and watch closely.

Quagmire not reading his claim. this seems to have dominated the thread so far. My opinion on it is that its neutral read for Quagmire, if it's his playstyle, it's his play style. There are far far worse play styles out there and he is now contributing. I can understand how distancing yourself from the game and your role is often useful when looking at the game. I'm not for a quagmire lynch today. Thing is though, i do see it as pro scum though.

Let me explain. The only people here that know quagmires alignment is scum, (or at least they know he has die for their win condition as he could be a third party role), so they are in the very unique situation here of having all the information. Quag is getting some heat for this and i am totally convinced there is at least one scum on the wagon for his lynch and will be one of those pushing for it. Imagine Quag is scum, if quagmire gets lynched then the scum partner(s) have been distanced from him and they would turn on those not on the wagon and so forth. If he isn't, well they have managed a townie lynch on day one and the "not reading his role" will cover their excuse for being on the quag wagon and the town will be left with little information on day 2. I don't like this situation as this doesn't benefit the town, but only because people now know quagmire hasn't read his role and scum can use this to their advantage either way. Quagmire if i was you i would now read your role, to eliminate this bias, but that is up to you and how "town" you feel.

Since i have been away for so long and posted infrequently i will give a suspicious list. Maybe im giving away too much of what i think, but only fair as i haven't been here:

Flare:
I need more information to get a read on flare either waiy. Leaning scum, but that is only in my gut at the moment as too quick to go with the consensus of the crowd especially on the quagmire thing.

cruelty:
Not much to go on right now. pushing for a quagmire lynch on the basis that his play style is bad, which is fishy as explained before. Hmmm. cruelty isn't showing any agreement with players or thought. i am always careful on those how distance themselves from all players, maybe a little scummier than town.

Col.C:
Before he asked for a replacement i was leaning town, will wait for replacement. I found him jumping on tracker early is strange at first, but the more i thought about it the more i understood why and saw him as actively scum hunting.

Cyberbob
Liked his read into the miller claim and the way in which hito backed up the hoopla claim. Liked the way he has conducted himself in the game so far, so town for me just now.

Hito:
Neutral. he has good game play and neautral posts. Loking like he is scum hunting and asking questions, but i get the feeling he doesn't like to rock the boat. Can't tell either way, think i have to read his posts again.

Mindgamer:
Nothing to get a read on. Will wait with baited breath till tomorrow for his post as he has missed a lot.

Quagmire:
See above. Neutral for me and i think he is a better candidate for day 2 when he has read his role.

Nach:
leaning town here. Was keen on tracer lynch, but reluctant on quagmire. That will prive useful depending on the outcome to day 1.

Hoopla
Pushes for a lot of information rather than giving a lot out (other than the miller claim!!). I'm not convinced as she seems to be quite good at planting the seed of though in players, but i'll believe the claim for now so therefore town. re-read on her posts needed and a wee thought.

RedC:
I totally agree that we should stop talking too much about quagmire's non read of role and more on to other things. His arguments are just, town just now for him.

Tracker:
Little to no comments on quagmire, nor the possible pro town/pro scum comments. I did read his comments alone outwith others and noticed he has always been on the defence since the start. The only thing he has picked up on throughout this is when Nich brought him up as an exchange lynch. Don't like this. Not commenting on the biggest thing to happen in the game so far, but still staying active in the thread, defending yourself instead, smells like you are trying to get yourself out of the limelight. I am beginning belive your "joke" wasn't a joke but a slip and you are indeed scum, sitting back letting quag get lynched which (if you are scum) would help you either way despite quags alignment. So for that reason
Vote: Tracker

sorry if post doesn't make any sense or my spelling sucks, but its late and im tired and reading this thread over and over has left me cross-eyed
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by angelmouse »

hoopla wrote: I think you're mistaking critical thinking for 'guesswork'. By sheer probabilities alone, any random 5 players will more likely than not contain one scum member. This is a policy based wagon. If Quagmire is indeed town, I'd expect scum to go the other way, and not add fuel to the fire, maybe even try to condemn it and gain town points. Is my guesswork good too?
This isn't "guesswork" it is my firm belief, my reasoning is posted before. Only scum have the information that Quagmire doesn't and i firmly believe that they would use it to their advantage. If they aren't, well they are playing a bad game and deserve to lose and quickly. Yes they could go the other way and not support it, but they would have to be certain that the quagmire lynch would happen without the vote(s) and not everyone in this game agrees with policy lynches so by 'sheer probabilities alone' there must be scum on that wagon whether he is town or not. Actually whatever quagmire role, for scum he is a good lynch target today as it gives the town little to no info on day 2 and if he turns scum, yes they have lost a partner but they can say "woohoo look at my scum hunting skills" and if he turns town they can say "well his play deserved it and it was a policy lynch".

Just because i don't agree with you doesn't make my feelings and reasoning behind the game "guesswork".

@Red: the reason i didn't vote someone on the quagmire wagon is that i am not convinced on which one it is. After posting last time i did have a chance to re-read some of the game and think about changing some of my positions on players and will def be taking into account where peoples vote lie at this point in time.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am

Post by angelmouse »

@minder: I'm not defending his play style, certainly not, and I don't think it's a good tactic at all. That said, it seems to be his play style so what more can we say other than it sucks and live with it? I know I would have sneaked a peak at some point, maybe he has and kept quiet about it??
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 am

Post by angelmouse »

Hoopla wrote:
Of course - but her guesswork is inconsistent with where her vote lies, and irrelevant if she only thinks there is one scum on the wagon (as there is a better chance of scum being off it :roll: ). If she thinks there are multiple scum on the wagon she should be taking the 2/3 in 5 chance and placing her vote there, rather than taking the 0/1 in 6 chance.

It's silly.
I have no idea how many scum are in the game, do you?? I think there is scum on the wagon, but who is a different question. At the time I voted there was little in the way of chat other than the quagmire lynch so finding suspicious material between all the main players on the lynch is difficult. I found trackers sudden inactivety and hiding behind the quag chat suspicious, hence the vote. I don't gamble in life, why do it with my vote either?

Ok so I didn't realise the deadline was so close and the only highly debated thing quags non read of role. We have to come to a consensus and quick. I'm reluctant with a quagmire lynch as there is nothing more than his play style to lynch him for and I don't like that, but I also dislike a no lynch on day 1. Anybody elses thoughts?
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 am

Post by angelmouse »

i think there is valid points on flare, but im happy with my tracker vote for today.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by angelmouse »

I agree that a lynch is better than none. Tracker I think it's tine to claim.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by angelmouse »

I pushed for a tracker claim because how could Quagmire claim considering he hasn't read his role? I was simply doing a short post as was in a rush and new the deadline was looming and was using my phone.

Im not sure about the claim, actually very uncertain, but we will soon know by day 2 if he is what he says he is if he gets through D1.

I'm not happy with Quagmire lynch as i feel his play style just annoyed everyone and got some peoples back up hence the lynch, but its looking like its him or no lynch.

I wont be able to post much tonight nor tomorrow but will be around for the next 8 hours or so and able to post snippests from my phone afterwards. I would like coments from other players not already voting Quagmire. Nachomamma8, hitogoroshi and Mindgamer, do we agree a quagmire lynch is better than no lynch?
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 am

Post by angelmouse »

a) He's not lynched yet.
b) I'm positive he's said (possibly not in this thread) that he claims D1 if pressured.

I'm happy enough to shift my vote to Tracker or Flare following a Quagmire claim.
I would like a roleclaim from Quagmire as well, just assumed he wouldn't as he didn't know it. I missed the part about pressure your talking about, but would like to put the pressure on Quagmire to claim if this is the case.

Following a quagmire claim and depending on it, I would be happy enough to switch votes, but would have to way up the claim verus tracker. the more i think about it, the more i am not cinvinced with his claim.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

Post by angelmouse »

RedCoyote wrote:A Tracker flip does not bode well for our Miller claim.
Can you explain further? I have never played with a tracker before and a little unfamilure with the role and how that doesn't bode well for a Miller.
Hoopla wrote:How does the CPR doctor flip and lack of second night kill bode for our FBI Agent claim then?
it really doesn't bode well at all, unless a SK is setting Tracker up if there is one. I'm about 80% sure now that this a false claim. The other 20% is because there could be an FBI agent and no SK, but unlikely.

Vote: Tracker
you were scummy yesterday and your claim doesn't hold now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”