Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

/ohhai
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Good day everyone. This is the Zorblag head of the Mighty Orbots hydra posting. It'll be easy to tell which of us made any individual post as I always sign mine. If it doesn't have the Zorblag R`Lyeh at the bottom it was made by Papa Zito.

I've played with a good number of you before and this promises to be a fun game. I like that we're looking at mechanics already. I'm still trying to make sure I'm ready to handle twists and turns but here are a few thoughts.

We do have the ability to speed up deadlines if we want using no purge votes. Anytime we're ready for the game to go to triple speed we can safely vote no purge without worrying about it going through (unless we're getting down to the 0 threshhold.)

The idea being tossed around of confirming one or more townies has a couple potential ways to be broken. The ones that spring immediately to mind during the purge itself are double voters, Prominence, Luxomancy and liquid beings. If the scum (either the light or other potential third parties) have access to various combinations of those abilities they could make potentially turn any strategy of those sorts into an automatic loss. There's also the danger of kills outside of the purge. It seems likely that the light or at least some non-dark player/players will have either individual killing abilities or the faction killing ability so we might not have next days with which to deal with people who flinch at the last minute. Finally there's the trouble with actually confirming town players. There are potential godfathers (anti heros or reflectors) or redirectors that cut down on any faction cop ability's potential for success.

I do agree that we'll probably want to keep in mind our ability to purge multiple players on a single incantation but we shouldn't expect that we're going to be able to try to win the game with one mega purge near the start.

Like I said, I still need to think about how things potentially work together to get a feel for the game.

For now,
Incant: BloodCovenent
for being the first player alphabetically by name not to have posted since the game started. I imagine Papa Zito will override that but it'll do for now.

Mighty Orbots can be represented by the color
black
in the vote counts.

Mod, at what time of the day will the intensity increase? Will it be consistent from increase to increase in a given incantation? How about from incantation to incantation?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

I don't have much time just now but this seems worth answering now to make sure things are clear. Either Papa Zito or I should hopefully be able to get on later today and add some actual content to the game.

@Jahudo, Papa Zito and I will both be playing as full time as we've got time to. Thus far that's been very little for either of us as evidenced by the lack of posts. We do have a quick topic where we will be discussing game issues but there is no requirement that either of us run anything by the other before posting here. You shouldn't assume that one head of the hydra necessarily speaks for both but we are going to make an effort to sort through any disagreements in private rather than here; if we strongly disagree about something we'll try to make it clear that we hold different views on that particular issue from the start.

Papa Zito and I do have very different play styles; the reason that we decided to run this hydra again was to try to capitalize on that; if we know that we're both working towards the same ends we know that we can fully trust each other which gives each of us better access to more ways to view the game. Needing to speak as a combined individual would hamper that to some degree. We're aware of the potential confusion issues that stem from hydra's in general and we are going to be working to avoid them cropping up but we'll also be retaining our individualities as that gives everyone access to both lines of reasoning. A consequence of that is that we're more open to attacks (i.e. attacks on either of our reasoning at any time) but that's a tradeoff we're willing to make.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, the advantages to the hydra with regards to finding scum are that we've got two different lines of reasoning that we know that we can rely on. The disadvantage that comes into play from having that going on publicly is that we will be more open to attacks. I think that's what I said in my previous post. It's curious that you're focusing on the acknowledged consequence rather than the benefits that were mentioned and that you're interpreting what I said with my last sentence to be an indication that I find it to be a topic of high concern.

The only other experience that I have playing in a hydra was in California Trilogy: City of Angels where, in the post game discussion, this was an issue raised for hydras in particular. That experience certainly colors my expectations for what others will expect from hydras to some extent.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Happy birthday SpyreX. WTF did you just do? And why did you do it to Sotty7?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Oh hai SpyreX.
Mighty Orbots wrote:And why did you do it to Sotty7?
This was the point of the post really. Please to be answering question.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hai guyz. Did you know zoraster was in this game?

True story.

incant: zoraster
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Jahudo wrote:Did you know BloodCovenent was in this game too? It's hard to see his color in tigers tho.

But why unvote him now and switch to another lurker?
A couple reasons. One, that was Troll's RVS vote, and RVS votes can be misconstrued. Two, that vote was doing absolutely nothing where it was, while I had a feeling the move would draw attention and thus be more productive.

As it has.

Jazz, who's scum?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

y halo thar zoraster.
zoraster wrote:Now for the "good" stuff:
I like how you put it in quotes. XD
zoraster wrote: 1. SpyreX is town for now. He may claim he'd do this as scum, but I don't buy it. Also, odds are high in this setup for a single double voter to be town. If we've got another double voter out there, we may have to reevaluate.
2. Juls is either playing the confused townie or actually is one. I haven't decided yet.
3. Sotty7 is feeling town more than scum to me right now.
4. SerialC comes across as scummy to me, but right now it's a visceral reaction.
5. Porkens is feeling a bit off to me.
I mean, there's fluff, and there's this.
zoraster wrote: 6. The Hydra (Mighty Orbots) is scummy. A few long posts, but little in the way of content. Yes, he's tried to get some lurkers active, but other than that the content of his posts is almost all "I'm a hydra" related and some generic questions that don't take a stand on anyone. Active enough to escape notice for lurking, inactive enough to escape notice for anything else. Mighty Orbots is the scum.
So, um, lawl.

1. I guess it's also a coincidence that you're attacking the one who started your wagon.
2. I also guess we were supposed to ignore the questions people were asking us about how the hydra was going to work.
3. I also also guess I'm not taking a stand on anyone by advocating for your wagon.

We're hemorrhaging players. :(
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

zoraster wrote:This is the extent of your "stand" on me (no mention of me after or before). While I don't think pushing lurkers is bad at all, saying that you're somehow taking a stand on me or even "advocating my wagon" is nonsense.
My stand is that I've lynched too many scum lurkers to stop now, and your contributions thus far haven't done anything to sway me.
Herodotus wrote:I'd like Troll to comment on it when he can. I'm also a little burned out from this long reading/writing session.
Welcome in.

If you see Troll tell him to come home.
Herodotus wrote:2. The scum win scorched earth. This is important to remember.
? What's this mean?
VP Baltar wrote:Actually, I think zoraster's point about you being in the background was one of his better because I feel the same way.
Well, there's a couple reasons for this. One, this game feels awfully
dense
somehow and hard to get a handle on. Second, Troll's run off somewhere and I don't want to go gallivanting off too far without his input.
VP Baltar wrote:I'd like your opinion of Sotty and the wagon on her plz.
I'm always cool with wagons.

Opinion on Sotty is she's rather reactionary, more active when under scrutiny and attacking her attackers mostly, but I dunno if that's scum or just Sotty. I go hot/cold when reading her posts, some stuff is reaching and some is okay. I'm keeping an eye on that quarter.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Herodotus wrote:The town WC requires a townie to survive. The scum WC doesn't require a scum to survive. So if the scum can arrange that all players die, they win, even if they are dead themselves. ("scorched earth" is a term that means everyone is dead, or everything in an area is destroyed.)
This is an excellent point.

OH GRATE POWRFUL WIZERD SPRYEX
SpyreX wrote:However, this zoraster wagon while starting on the right feet seems to be pushing under its own weight and that bothers me.
SpyreX wrote:I would lynch the following as of this point

Zoraster
What happened between these posts?

@VP, while apparently I have caught your attention - SerialClergyman is scum y/n?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Sotty7 wrote: Look again. MO asked Spy a question twice and then completely dropped it. He never added any opinions of his own to the debate even after Spy ignored his question the first time.
Did I drop it or was I satisfied with the answer?

Easier to assume than ask amirite?
Sotty7 wrote:MO just seemed to be waiting to see what everyone else had to say, as exhibited by his echoing of “sotty is reactionary”
So... much.... irony!

You ARE reactionary. You just made this gigantic post after I said your name.
Sotty7 wrote:If MO had explained his thoughts on me or Spy's double vote that wouldn't have been fine. It wasn't until he was point blank asked did he regurgitate what others had already said well after the time. The initial “wtf” reaction from him makes me think he didn't agree with what Spy did. Now his reaction after the time is like he is cool with it all.
You're complaining that I answered a question? o_O (<- anime smiley)
Sotty7 wrote:I really want to here Serial's latest thoughts.
Ohnoes! You're echoing VP! Scumz0r!

I almost want to join the SottyWagon for the lulz.
SpyreX wrote:Ready for this?

Nothing. :O

The wagon bothers me. However, the play also bothers me.

When in doubt, let God (OR POWERFUL WIZARDS) sort it out.
:(

So what happens when POWERFUL WIZARDS can't seem to make up their minds?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Sotty7 wrote:You still didn't comment on the vote yourself though, that is my sticking point.
Ok then. I asked what he did because he posted two bolded thingies and I wasn't sure if one of them was just vote moving or something else. I asked about the target because that seemed entirely random. Before SpyreX goes all Harry Potter on you he doesn't even mention your name, so to do that out of the blue was bizarre and needed explanation.
Sotty7 wrote:My post was not directed at you but a valid question brought up by Jahudo . Also I have posted pretty much every day (apart from after my busy spell) so saying that I only post after people mention me is utter bullshit. Add onto the fact now you have forced me into the situation of whenever anyone else mentions me, which will be a lot seeing as I am a lead wagon, I am going to look bad if I post a response. Scummy move.
Bah, no. Here's a timeline of events:

0. Sotty7 doesn't talk about MO.
1. VP asks MO's opinion of Sotty7.
2. Jahudo makes a point about Sotty7 being hypocritical.
3. Sotty retaliates by saying MO is scummy. (wut?)

I mean, you made several posts after the whole double-vote thing, but this issue apparently wasn't important enough to talk about then. But then you get called out on it and suddenly it's a huge deal.
Jahudo wrote:Is this scummy and not misguided town focusing on you?
I don't think "misguided town" attempt to discredit their attackers by twisting their words.
Jahudo wrote:This is straight-forward, but do you think he's the biggest offender as of right now?
Let me ask you something. Now that Zoraster's wagon has (unfortunately) died down, have you seen any posts from that direction?

---

Parsing Jazz's novella's gonna take some time.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Jahudo wrote:
Mighty Orbots wrote:Let me ask you something. Now that Zoraster's wagon has (unfortunately) died down, have you seen any posts from that direction?
Not since Friday when he had 4 posts. But I find it more telling that in those 4 posts, he only talked strategy.
:( You done stole my thunder. Stop skipping ahead.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

The meta talk is really making me cringe.
Herodotus wrote:@Mighty Orbots - can we expect Zorblag to post
I don't know. I honestly don't.

Here's a paraphrase of his last post (Jan 28th) in our QT:

I'm swamped with RL stuff and only caught up in my other games. I'll try to post some stuff here tomorrow but you'll need to keep flying solo for a while.

-Troll
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

EBWOP: Ohnoes it's Nikanor. We're doomed.

I said "Welcome him" *smack* ~Vi
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Herodotus wrote:
Mighty Orbots wrote: Here's a paraphrase of his last post (Jan 28th) in our QT
You admit to having a QT? SCUM SLIP!!!11!! :lol:
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Porkens wrote:I love the idea of lynching 3 people, among other reasons, just to see how it affects day two.
Jeez you're a bloodthirsty lot. Can we look at this for a second?

Let's say we lynch 3 and all 3 are town. Scum get their NK. Typical setup in mini theme is 9 town 3 scum. So tomorrow we start with 5 town 3 scum, aka Lylo.

Why the hell are people so gung-ho for this?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Wow, things have happened. Twists and turns galore.
Sotty7 wrote:But I have decided to just announce that I to have a double vote.
So we have a doublevoter and a one-shot doublevoter?

Eh.
SpyreX wrote:Since I can't vote for Zor right now,
?
SerialClergyman wrote:Incant Jahudo
Really? Why? Jahudo is one of my strongest townie reads.
Herodotus wrote: I've learned that moychandise exists in the game. As I said earlier, the moychandise stuff is not a cult. It does not change the recipient's win condition.
You learned this just now?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:So you're sayingg that you knew for sure that it was in the game? When did you learn this and why didn't you tell the town?
wat? No. I'm asking if he learned it during the day or not.

Also, please do something other than talk meta with SC. I'm not getting anything useful from that.

SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.

@Jazz: Post or purge.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:Did you actually look at it or you simply don't like meta? I think it is quite useful in this case, as tunneling like he has done on Sotty is atypical for him. Additionally, I don't think his own explanations for it (change of playstyle) quite add up.
I'm not a huge fan of meta, no, because I do believe people's playstyles change over time. Sometimes I'll use it if I know a player well enough, but only for myself and not to base a case on.

I'll be honest, while I read the first couple hundred posts my eyes started glazing over later. Also tunneling on him about tunneling is irony++.
VP Baltar wrote:
MO wrote:SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.
I use that dressing on spinach salads all the time.
Omnomnom.
Herodotus wrote:Maybe secrets, but... vinegar?
His posts have a definite vinegary tang to them.
Nikanor wrote:I'm totally serious about that incant, too. Think how I accused Sotty7, Kreriov, and Col.Cathart in Picking Simplicity, for those of you who have read it. That's the same thing as this here.
What about for those of us who haven't?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Nikanor wrote:
Zito wrote:What about for those of us who haven't?
Ask SpyreX, Sotty7 or SC about it. I'm not allowed to talk about my own meta.
Yes! Because this game need moar tunneling and meta talk!

Ahem.

Dear POWERFUL WIZARD, Madam Reactionary and Captain Meta,

Explain plz.

Love,

PZ
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:Sure, definitely. However, what I think is important in this case is that Serial was self supplying this meta to back up his play in this game. It's not me going out there hand picking examples to prove my point. I think if you look at the games he chose, you'll see that the argument he is making (that he would tunnel as town) does not hold water in comparison to this game.
I think part of my problem is that I see tunneling as a towntell. I'll go look at the games tho.
VP Baltar wrote:Oh come on now, I have done plenty of questioning and looking around this game, but when I think I found scum I have to do my best to prove my point.
Oh I know, I do that too. Not faulting you, just thought it was funny.
Nikanor wrote:Okay, Rhinox and SC then. ^5 compromise!

Query: Where did everyone else go?
Sup.

This kinda sucks. Zoraster + (Porkens/Jazzmyn) FTW.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Nikanor wrote:
Zito wrote:This kinda sucks. Zoraster + (Porkens/Jazzmyn) FTW.
*Sigh* Okay. Jazz+SC purge. Now everyone will be happy (except Jazz and SC, who will be dead(?)).
Gah. Zoraster is still alive in this scenario. Zoraster needs to be thrown into the big scary glowing fire column thingy.

Zoraster + SC?

(this is weird)
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hmm, it appears that I have been missed like Papa Zito said in the quick topic. Let me handle a couple other things in other games and then come back and get re-oriented. Based just on this page I can say that Mighty Orbots will be able to cast a meaningful incantation before the intensity level rises. The Rhinox claim is somewhat fascinating but I'll have to look at a few things before I decide how fascinating. If anyone wants to let me know what other than not being about has been suspicious from Mighty Orbots I'll see if I've got a take on it (though I imagine that I'll figure that out when I'm looking at what's been said.)

I guess for now I can say that one problem with putting three or more people at L-1 and then letting the intensity increase to hit them all is that it likely gives any potential scum in the group the chance to simply finish the purge on non-scum which would be a poor way to end the day even if it did make them an obvious target the next day. If we're going to try to manage something like that we should be doing it for at most two players and they should be cross voting.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

OK, looking at the possible ways in which Moychendising can be included in the game I don't see any great reason to keep him around. He's either a distraction or a detriment and I've got no qualms about him being purged today offhand. I'm not going to incant him with this post to avoid any P-1 shenanigans just now.

With Zoraster/Gammagooey it seems that Papa Zito disliked some of Zoraster's reactions when he was about more than I do but I wouldn't have had any problem with the Mighty Orbots being there as a day one vote previously. I am more leery of how Gammagooey is treating the hydra now but that's probably because I don't trust people who give me a town read when I've been attacking them for what seem like somewhat marginal reasons. I'll need to talk with Papa Zito to see what his take on their mutual experience is like.

Papa Zito was interested in what SpyreX and Sotty7 were saying about being a double voters of potentially different strengths in large point because Might Orbots has a one shot double vote as well as another ability. If it comes up I'll use that double vote to lynch Rhinox today rather than getting lynched if the game state doesn't change in a way that prevents it, but I think the other ability will be the better one to use today all other things being equal. I say this now so that it won't be a surprise later if it comes up and to allow people to react if they'd like to.

I don't want that to get lost in a huge wall so I'll stop there with this post and continue with another.

TL;DR: Might Orbots is yet another (one shot) double voter who wants to give you a chance to react to this information now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So the other player who seems to be a popular lynch candidate now is SerialClergyman. His play doesn't particularly offend me here; I don't see the super tunneling on Scotty7. For day one in a game this complicated he seems to be looking about enough. I don't think that I'd be willing to cross vote with him to get us both purged at an intensity increase on the grounds that it seems a bit too likely to just kill off two members of the town.

Papa Zito seems to have a town read on VP Baltar based on our quick topic despite the last exchange in the game thread which seems to indicate some frustration (though that was back on the 4th so perhaps it changed after that.) I find the transition of his stance on Mighty Orbots to be odd and I don't love his take on SerialClergyman at all.

Post stopped mid-way through to respond to SpyreX's last post.

@SpyreX, clearly you think that in some way that shouldn't be possible or some such thing. I've looked at the opening post. I've looked at the ability description both in my PM and in Post 2. Do you think that only one double vote per day can happen for some reason? I can't see any reason to think that should be the case. Assume I'm an idiot here and help me see what's missing.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Er, well, clearly that break ended up addressing the post before SypreX's last post. Ah well.

@Gammagooey, that's a really good question. You should ask Vi when the game is over. I know that SpyreX isn't lying and I don't particularly think that Sotty7 should be so for now I just think that it's the case, not that I know why.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, that vote for Gammagooey must be a fairly serious one if you're dropping your try to get a couple people ready to be purged at an increase in intensity and end the day soon plan in favor of someone with just two votes which probably won't be staying there for too long based on the overall state of the votes (i.e. mine and the self-vote.) Or am I making poor assumptions somewhere here?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, I do like that you're being consistent about wanting multiple purges today but the disliking of the cross voting is pretty poor planning. If the wagons don't cross vote each other then if one of the two is scum and the other isn't there's no reason for the scum not to move their vote and cause the single purge. I think it becomes impossible to manage if you want to purge more than two. For this to work safely (or at least something that approximates safely) you need to have two players who suspect eachother enough to be cross voting from the start.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, if scum is going to get purged if they don't mess up a multi-purge then it's certainly worth them looking scummy in the future to avoid being purged right then and ending the incantation (barring some crazy combination of abilities being used I suppose.)

Pretty much what SerialClergyman and Gammagooey are saying. The any player thing that you ask about does make an interesting question though. Offhand I'd guess that usually the answer is no. If you're town and you've got a chance to be lynched with others who might be scum or letting them get lynched without you why would you want to get lynched? Unless somehow you were sure that your staying alive was detrimental to the town or that the other candidate for the lynch was not only town but actually more valuable than you alive (and then I suppose you'd want to self hammer) I can't see why you'd let the multi-lynch go down if you weren't already cross voting.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, you're almost certainly mixing up something there and I think I might see what it is. I'd suggest checking with the mod to see if your understanding is correct if you haven't. We can fail to talk about it further now if you'd like but I do now know that you're not talking about anything that I haven't seen.

@Herodotus, Papa Zito thought that SpyreX was doing something in addition to double voting because of how he named his incants.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Porkens, breaking a multi-lynch that was expected to go through by lynching one of the others about to be lynched would be scummy (and clearly a good move for the scum.) Town shouldn't have a desire to get into a position where they're letting both them self and someone else they consider town get lynched nor should they let them self get lynched with someone they think is likely to be scum if they've got the option to lynch the other person individually (unless they're sure they'll be lynched later anyhow.) In general the way that a multi-lynch makes sense is if you've got two candidates who both suspect eachother cross voting and bring them to P-1 (or P-2 if the other one is a double voter who hasn't used the ability yet) and let them either get purged alone at the change in intensity or take the other down with them.

I do think that Rhinox is a good enough candidate for scum or third party that he's worth lynching today above me alone if I've got the chance. It's not clear to me how that would contradict anything included in my view there.

@SpyreX, I have now confirmed that the game mechanics work in the way that I believed they work. I'd strongly suggest that you make sure you're right about what you think is the case for the game. If you are then I have no idea what you're trying to get at but you seem to think that something that's apparently perfectly possible couldn't happen. It'd be better if one of the two of us was clear on at least some part of the mechanics here.

@Rhinox, if you've got the moychendiser win-condition then you might have some desire to find scum to hand your moychendise to but you can't afford to help the town find them in the situation you're describing. If you did then you would be defeating the purpose of wanting to hand them the moychedise in the first place. Also, do you really claim that you didn't think of the possibility of there being someone with a moychendiser win condition in the game before someone else brought it up given that you've got the ability? I have trouble with that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, I regret to inform you that if your role PM says you've got the double voter ability once per game then you've sqandered it and it is no more. The modular nature of the roles gives Vi the ability to make individual (A) abilities either once per game or once per incantation. It very specifically now says that the abilities will be preceded by either once per game or once per incantation. Both of my abilities are once per game. It seems that yours and Sotty7's were as well. Rhinox can likely share whether his says once per game or once per incantation but with moychendising it would almost have to specify the once per incantation option. I am sorry to hear about your misunderstanding though really the system as stated is pretty clear at this point.

Of course you don't need to believe me about this. You can clear it up by checking with the higher power in these parts if you'd like. Perhaps I've mis-interpreted what you've got to say but everything does fit together nicely now.

@Gammagooey, as I've already said, right now I have the ability to cause Rhinox to be the only lynch rather than both Rhinox and I being lynched. At this point that is still what I would do; this isn't a spot where self hammering would be useful for town in a normal game. Right now letting myself get lynched with Rhinox would be the equivalent of that from what I can see. Despite what others are now saying (and I'll address that in a bit) I don't think that his claim of the moychendiser ability should be used as a reason to keep him about.

@VP Baltar, the transition of your stance on Mighty Orbots that takes you from not being concerned about my being about and engaging in exchanges with Papa Zito to our being a necessary lynch today because we're only showing up to answer questions or when we've gotten attention (especially as others are in the same category it seems.) Perhaps I'm not seeing how the motivation changed and you could clear it up. I compare it to someone like Jahudo who seems also to have gone from a neutral read on Mighty Orbots to thinking that we should be lynched in a way that gives me access to his reasons much more readily. I don't agree with the reasons but they're there to look at.

SerialClergyman has been giving his opinions on what's happening in the game (and has been since the start) on a variety of players. He's asking questions, he appears to be examining motivations. If you want names of people that I think he's paying attention to nicely beyond Sotty7 I'd say Jahudo, Porkens, SpyreX and you as a start.

@everyone re: Rhinox, why is it exactly that we're letting a claimed ability that has every potential to be or help a non-town faction stop him from being a lynch target? Why are we assuming that if he's not a moychendiser himself that he's more likely to be town than scum (I let it go when it was said the first time but that seems to be the concensus reaction for reasons that confuse me)? Claims shouldn't stop lynches in general unless there's actually some good pro-town benefit to be had from them. The argument we should leave him around if he's third party because we can purge him anytime we want is as foolish as keeping a survivor around. In this case it's probably worse. A survivor doesn't inherently have a victory related motivation to hinder scum hunting; the moychendiser on the other hand can't win if the scum are all eliminated before all the town has moychendise.

Unless I see a strong reason to believe that either Rhinox needs to be telling the truth (i.e. has the ability and is specifically town aligned) or he's a third party that it's more beneficial to keep around for the benefits of the moychendise despite the fact that we don't want him to hand out more he should be lynched today.

This close to the increase in intensity I'm going to go ahead and

Incant: Rhinox

That should put him at P-1.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VP Baltar, the trouble isn't the declining comfortablity on it's own so much as it is that I don't see the transition like I do with Jahudo. I'm not sure how saying that Jahudo seemed to have a neutral read on Mighty Orbots would imply that I think you had a town read on Mighty Orbots; why would you think that I thought you had a town read? For SerialClergyman yes, I think that he was paying attention to the players both before and after what you're calling the tunneling. If you don't think that he was interacting with them pretty much from the start I'm not quite sure what to tell you.

@SpyreX, the once per game was removed from Post 2 so that Vi could put either once per game or once per incantation into the role PMs consistently. Further, you're almost certainly town, right now I'd prefer if you went with incant (or vote) no purge rather than incanting yourself. It probably won't matter but there's no reason not to take the safe route.

@Everyone, that does change the game state, yes. I can no longer use my double vote to cause someon else to be voted and not myself. If we're going to multi-purge people that include a double voter this is the way that it should be done.

Let me look and think for a bit.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, if the original on post two was written as once per game then it was changed to remove the prefix (I don't know what the original post was; I don't know if the double voter ability was changed or not.) That gives the mod the ability to either make the ability once per game or once per incantation to different players rather than forcing the mod to make the strength of everyone's ability identical. You seem to be assuming that because the ability you got in the PM has that additional feature that isn't listed in post 2 that it must be one of the ones that was changed. How the ability works doesn't really depend on that at all.

Do you disagree that the way things are set up the mod currently has the ability to send a PM that specifies either once per game or once per incantation for individual abilities that will vary by player?

Really though, just PM the mod and get the question answered that way. It's not that hard to do.

Also, is there a reason that you don't change your incant to incant: no purge? It doesn't really matter right now but it'll potentially be important to remember that as an option in the future.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

OK, at this point if people are committed to purging me (there does seem to be some indication that this is the case) you've put me in the correct position to get me to cooperate with a double purge (though you should really get the other person that we want to purge to cross vote me; failing to do that just means that they'll hammer me before the increase in intensity if they're about and they're scum.) Who would people like to be a second purge at this point. Rhinox is my top choice but let's hear what people are looking at now that some dust has cleared. I'm not interested in it being either SerialClergyman or SpyreX just now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, I was wondering if anyone would ask about my other ability. I couldn't tell you why it's taken that long for anyone to even acknowledge it.

Of the two it would be more useful to use today while the double vote if anything gains in power if it's saved. If I weren't a prime lynch candidate I wouldn't have brought up either one but as I said, it was important to let people know what the situation was.

If people would like I could fully claim. I'd rather not unless we're pretty sure that I'm the purge but if we are then I don't have any huge reason to hold back anymore.

I'll also note that the trouble with potentially purging Sotty7 is the same as the trouble with potentially purging me if anything fancy needs to be arranged. I do like your vote on her more than your vote on yourself though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, fair enough. I've got a one shot telepathy ability. The plan was to use it during twilight today. If I'm alive and haven't used my double vote I still will. Actually if I want to look for a silver lining in some ways it's nice that I'm a pretty poor target for night kills from the scum just now as that means that outing my half of the potential neighbor pair doesn't damage it too much.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, and about the self vote, I clearly do understand the implications of double voters having had to think about them both from my own point of view as well as from others. My whole point was that a better placeholder spot for your vote was on no purge. It can't do any unintentional damage there. From here on out that should be the default placeholder for everyone.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Well, as I've said, a triple purge just isn't safe. If it's going to hit scum then they just purge someone who isn't scum instead. It's worse with a double voter. For what it matters I would rather have Sotty7 lynched than myself but not to to degree that I'd prefer Rhinox.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

And to be clear, you're not stoked about the telepathy ability or something else?

My point with it isn't that it's something super powerful, it's not. Rather it's more powerful if it's used early in the game than late in the game. It's something that gets used day one to set up a neighbor pair starting day two whereas the double vote is something that's used when a lynch is important (and the important lynches are more likely to happen towards the end of the game.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, the no purge can only happen with the threshhold has dropped to zero. If no purge has enough incants to get to the proper intensity then the threshold just starts dropping at a rate of one per day rather than one per three days (I'd need to go back and confirm I've got all the details there right but that's about it.) There's not really any danger at all of a no purge so it makes a safer placeholder.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SpyreX, it'd be surprising if I had something strong in addition to double voting. Well, that or the game would be even more high-powered than it seems to be from my perspective. It's already the strongest set of powers that I've seen anyone claim so far.

But of course I didn't distribute these things so what do I know.

As for making Sotty7 and Rhinox happen how exactly do you plan to do that? I don't oppose those two purges but I don't think you can force it to happen if they don't agree.

Well, unless my double vote can be cast at the same time as my normal one for a double hammer but I'd rather not do that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@SerialClergyman, if Sotty7 is scum and I'm wrong and Rhinox is town then there's no reason for her not to use her vote and her double vote to lynch the two of us today. It is true that you get her tomorrow but it should be strictly better from her point of view than her getting purged at the same time.

Or if you don't like the Mighty Orbots-centric version you can exchange my position with Sotty7's for the same danger from the point of view of others.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VP Baltar, I don't think that SerialClergyman is a good option at this time. I don't think that SpyreX is a good option at this time. I'm more open past that though Rhinox is still my first choice.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@VP Baltar, I've covered this with SpyreX and perhaps you haven't seen it yet. If you need a placeholder for your vote it's better to use incant: no purge rather than yourself. Everyone should be getting into that habit as of now apparently.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Jahudo, do you think that Rhinox could be town? If so then why not mafia?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

I haven't had a chance to focus much on Herodotus since I got back and was in the thick of things. I don't have a strong opinion about him which means that I don't oppose his purge as much as the others I've said I oppose but don't take that as anything like glowing support.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

I can live with Rhinox and Sotty7. I can use my double vote if I need to but I'd rather save it and use telepathy today during twilight.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So from those that are about I think that VP Baltar and Jahudo would like that combination the least.

I'll let them voice their thoughts about the process at this stage on their own though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

If we're picking between those two then I definitely prefer Gammagooey/Rhinox over Gammagooey/Sotty7.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Gah. Is the only other one who really wants the Rhinox purge Gammagooey?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hmm, Gammagooey's not on my list of purges I'm going to try to block. I do prefer Sotty7 to him at this point though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Don't we have enough support for Sotty7/Rhinox at this point?

We'd need 8 votes.

SpyreX, SpyreX, Gammagooey, Jahudo, Mighty Orbots, SerialClergyman, Herodotus (by default) and NachoMamma8? Or don't we have NachoMamma8? Porkens would work if we didn't and he'd go for it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Right so this must be happening without me then. Trading SerialClergyman for Rhinox is a terrible move.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Fine, if it hits Rhinox as well then I'll do it.

Double Vote Incant: Rhinox

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hmm, not seeing the flips till the twilight ends isn't that surprising but it's not ideal either. In any case, I need to cool down and get some work in on some other games. Papa Zito or I should be around regularly from here on out though. I was letting this game slide more than the others because I knew I had someone else on it; it looks like I was wrong about knowing that though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #57) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Mighty Orbots wrote:I was letting this game slide more than the others because I knew I had someone else on it; it looks like I was wrong about knowing that though.
:(

Things happened.

Apparently I have a lot to catch up on.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hmm, I can't say I like to see VP Baltar double crossing people. Though I don't know who fingers is so maybe it's OK given the context.

<insert drum roll here>

And if he really is intentionally being clever with that and letting us know that he's won in advance then I'll be particularly upset at myself for pointing out that someone gets it for him.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:I didn't double cross anyone...I said I was double crossing my fingers that SC flips scum.
That was an extremely bad Troll joke.
Herodotus wrote:The next best thing is to post it as late as possible so it might be too late for the scum to change their actions.
Twilight's over in 3 hours...

Gonna read this mess once the flips come in.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Jahudo, thanks you, rimshot was what I thought I was looking for. I typed drum roll and thought it didn't look right. So I went and did a google search for 'sounds denoting a punchline' and the first entry there was http://free-loops.com/download-free-loop-4262.html which was enough to convince me that I was just second guessing my memory for no great reason. Blasted memory and it's unreliability for me.

It makes me slightly sad that either VP Baltar didn't see the joke there (or he saw it and now he's playing it straight and has me thinking he didn't see it.)

Oh, and content is lacking in these posts I've been making. At this point that's intentional. Content will start again after twilight ends.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”