Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Vi »

Darkness, the shadow of the light.

Fifteen feet beneath a mountainside hotel, a complex of twisted corridors sprawls toward hidden recesses and gloomy caverns.
There is no luminescence here - the emanations felt are of heat. Heat, and fear of the abject darkness.

These halls eventually merge into a central hall, originally built to accomodate savage initiation rituals with an audience of cultists that could not see their new comrades transform, but lapped up every wail and shriek. Today, the hall serves a new purpose...

A pale aura - decidedly not darkness, but the milky column certainly wasn't light proper - emanates from the center of the room, illuminating nothing but visible from any point in the room.
Ominously pulsing somewhat, the vapor seems to take on a life force of its own as a low chanting ceases to reverberate through the room.

This energy - Luxomen - is the forbidden power. Capable of filling the emptiness of the dark and capable of corrupting the energy of the light, from the perspective of the soul it destroys from the inside out. This pillar is composed of the concentrated force - those skilled enough to wield its might personally projected a color onto their energy waves.

Among those gathered, there is no need for an explanation. It is already known that assassins from above had infiltrated this complex. Their goal... to force the Luxomen to destroy itself.
And to do that, they needed to destroy those who controlled it...

Important Links:

--------
----------

Those Shrouded In Obscurity:
(bold -> confirmed)
1) Nachomamma8
replacing Nikanor I1
replacing Nachomamma8 I1
replacing BloodCovenent I1
-
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!

2) Jahudo -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

6) Porkens -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

10) SpyreX -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

11) VP Baltar -
Dark Eminence
- Survived I2!!!

12) Gammagooey
replacing zoraster I1
-
Tarhalindur, Garo Master over Mafia
(Dark)
- Survived I2!!!

Those Shrouded In Discorporation:

-1. CryMeARiver - Self-Aligned Object of Derision -
Modkilled and Autolossed
I1.

7) Rhinox -
Light Assassin
- Purged I1!!!

8) SerialClergyman -
Dark Eminence
- Purged I1.

9) Sotty7 -
Dark Eminence
- Purged I1...

4) Herodotus
replacing Juls I1
-
Dark Eminence
- Killed I1...

5) Mighty Orbots (Papa Zito+Zorblag) -
Light Assassin
- Killed I1!!!
3) Jazzmyn -
Light Assassin
- Purged I2!!!
Last edited by Vi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when I send out Role PMs and when everyone confirms by posting "/confirm" (or something like it) in this topic.
Pregame is for Confirming.
Any votes, etc. made during pregame
do not count
. Please do not clutter the topic with off-topic posts before the game starts.
Can we start yet?
When at least ten of the players have confirmed, I will move the game to the first Incantation.

--Incantation (Day):
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Dark (Town) wants to find and Incant (vote) the Light (Mafia) (see below). The Light wants to avoid getting so many Incants that they are Purged (lynched).
What is Incanting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Incant: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold. You can say
Vote: PLAYERNAME
if you're not feeling creative; however, you may be openly mocked for doing so.
What is a Purge?
When a player has enough Incants that they meet the Purge threshold, they are Purged (removed from the game). If the threshold drops to the number of Incants a player currently has, they are immediately purged. This can be used to Purge multiple people at once.
What is unvoting?
I'm not sure either. You can't Unvote in this game. If you try to Unvote, your vote will move to No Purge.
Do we have to Purge?
You are allowed to vote to No Purge (
Vote: No Purge
). This requires a majority vote to take effect, just like an actual Purge would. However, No Purge does not take effect until the Purge threshold drops to 0. If No Purge has enough votes to meet the Purge threshold, the threshold will go down by 1 each day to speed things up.
Can the Mafia talk to each other?
Yes, at all times.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods will only be done by request in this game, and only on players that have been absent for 48 hours. Players that do not respond in-thread within 48 hours will have their player slot open to replacement. If you know you are going to be on vacation or away from a computer for a while, please let me know and I will see if arrangements can be made. This is not a "friendly" game toward replacements, so honor your commitment to play if you come in.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines and the Purge threshold:
There is no deadline per se. However, at the beginning of each Incantation the Purge threshold starts at the number of living players; i.e. it will take every living player Incanting the same person to Purge someone. Every three real-time days, that threshold decreases by one player. The Incantation ends when someone reaches the Purge threshold or the Purge threshold drops to zero (No Purge).
Role-based Abilities:
You may send in an ability (as specified by your Role PM) at any time during each Incantation. All actions resolve as soon as possible unless otherwise stated (see next rule). You may change any submission that has not yet resolved.
Morning:
Actions sent during the first 48 hours of each Purge will resolve simultaneously at the end of that 48-hour period according to natural action resolution. This is to prevent the sorts of fiascos that go along with stalking the mod and sending PMs as soon as the Day begins.
Role Overlap Policy:
If there is ever an issue with getting actions to resolve cleanly (i.e. mutual Roleblocks), priority is given to the first action submitted.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
This is a modified Deep South setup. After someone is committed to being Purged, there will be a 24-hour period for all outstanding actions to be submitted before the game moves on to the next Incantation. If an action is not submitted, it doesn't go through.

--Other:
Word of Mod:
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass.
Advice to Live By:
Don't do anything that would cause me to blacklist you or otherwise cause me to RAGE. You should know what you're not allowed to do. Don't do it.
"Bah!" posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Go away and don't come back until the endgame. You are allowed one informationless "bah" post provided you only use the letter 'H', then any number of 'a's you wish, then a single 'y'. No tags, no spaces, lowercase 'a's please. It's quite a
fabulous
way to go out.
Did I forget anything?
I may have to add to or change these rules during the game. I will tell you if I do so.
Etc.
Etc.

--Hawt New Game Mechanic Rules:
Theme Game Disclaimer:
This game is not obligated to make sense until it's over. I may include Jesters, Lynchers, Cults that can kill, Cops, Watchers, unlabeled Self-Protecting Doctors, Bus Drivers, multiple Serial Killers, Mafia Recruiters, ex-Traitor Vigilantes turned backup Roleblockers, Vanilla Townies, and other such evil roles in this game -
and you will like it
Semi-Open(?) Modular Setup:
All of the possible Win Conditions and abilities are in the next post. You are guaranteed that no abilities or Win Conditions outside those listed will appear in this game.
Modular Reveal:
All of a player's abilities will be revealed upon death, with names redacted.
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Vi »

Win Conditions:

The following Win Conditions can be in this game:

(Dark - Town) You win when all other factions have left the game and one person who shares this Win Condition is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Light - Mafia) You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Lyncher) You win when _______ and _______ have left the game and you are alive; at least one of them must die by a Purge you are on. If any of your targets are endgamed or your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Moychandiser) You win when everyone alive has an item of SpaceballsTM-themed moychandise, even if you are dead. However, if your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Reporter) You win if you are alive when #### unique abilities have been confirmed to exist in the game - either by using them yourself, receiving them as investigation results (via Third Eye, for instance) or by public moderator confirmation (Doublevote, Condemn, Prominence, Luxomancy, Dissolution, Vindictive Being, Liquid Being, Inverse Lyncher Penalty) - at which time you will leave the game. However, if your removal from the game would cause the Dark Win Condition to be fulfilled, you will exit the game and lose.

(Researcher) You win if there is No Purge at any time before your removal from the game would cause a factional Win Condition to be fulfilled. If you fulfill your Win Condition, you will immediately leave the game.

(Devourer - SK) You win when all other factions have left the game and you are alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

(Survivor) You win when your removal from the game would cause a factional Win Condition to be fulfilled, at which time you will leave the game.

Abilities:

All of the possible abilities in the game are listed below.
Each ability will be preceded by "Once during the game" or "Once during each Incantation".
You may not use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.

(A)
Doublevote.
You may place an extra vote against someone. You may not move it once placed, and it will disappear at the end of this Incantation.

(A)
Foresight.
You may choose a player to examine their heart of hearts and determine their motive (Win Condition). This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Sixth Sense.
You may choose another player to learn who (if anyone) they target during the Incantation. This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Third Eye.
You may choose a player to examine their mind and learn what (A) abilities they have. This ability resolves at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Protect.
You may choose a player to protect them from a single killing ability during this Incantation.

(A)
Seal.
You may choose another player to block any abilities that target them. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Reflect.
You may choose another player to have them redirect any abilities (except killing abilities) that target them to their origin during this Incantation. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Redirect.
You may choose two players. All actions that target the first player during this Incantation will be redirected to the second player. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Halt.
You may choose another player to block any abilities that they use. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(A)
Condemn.
You may choose a player to cause them to immediately die. This ability can only be stopped by abilities that have already been used during this Incantation. Use of this ability will prevent every other player with your Win Condition from using any other killing abilities during this Incantation.

(A)
Prominence.
You may choose an additional player to be killed by the Purge at the end of the Incantation, regardless of whether how many votes they have. This ability fails if there is No Purge.

(A)
Gepenst.
You may choose a player to be killed at the end of the Incantation.

(A)
Light Arrow.
You may choose a player to be killed at the end of the Incantation. This bypasses roleblocks and protection. Use of this ability will prevent every other player with your Win Condition from using any other killing abilities during this Incantation.

(A)
Luxomancy.
You may choose a player to stop any Purge against them during that Incantation.

(A)
Echoing Voice.
You may post a message in place of the moderator, as long as it is 100 words long (or less) and does not identify you personally.

(A)
Summon.
Prior to each Incantation, you will receive three potential abilities from the mod. You may give a maximum of one of these abilities away to either _____ or _____ during the first 48 hours of the Incantation.

(A)
Telepathy.
You may choose a player with whom you would like to open private communication following this Incantation. Each time you do so, you will gain (P) Telepathic Bond.

(A)
Dissolution.
You may post
Dissolve: Self
to remove yourself from the game, but retain the ability to post inthread.

(A)
Marketing.
You may force someone to wear a piece of SpaceballsTM themed moychandise from the list below. Depending on what you give out, your target may gain an additional ability. Your target will be informed that they have been pressed into receiving the item, they cannot get rid of it, and upon death any item they may have had will be included in their flip.
List of Moychandise goes here

(P)
Liquid Being.
You are immune to being Purged.

(P)
Transparent Being.
You are immune to being killed by Aureola.

(P)
Reflective Being.
You will reflexively reflect all abilities (except killing abilities) used on you during an Incantation back to their origin.

(P)
Vindictive Being.
Should you die, you will kill whoever is most directly responsible for your death.

(P)
Inverse Lyncher Penalty.
You will die if both ________ and ________ die.

(P)
Antihero.
Upon investigation you will appear to be one of the Dark Eminences.

(P)
Telepathic Bond.
You may speak with ______ at any time in this QuickTopic.

(P)
Destiny Bond.
Pregame or immediately upon receipt of this ability, you may choose players to fit any ______s in your abilities. You may not choose yourself.

(P)
Multitasker.
You may use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.

(P)
Moychendising.
You have in your possession a copy of Spaceballs: The _____.
Associated abilities, which may not necessarily appear elsewhere on this list, go here where applicable

(F)
Still, Small Voice.
You may speak with each member of your faction (____, _____, _____, and _____) privately at any time in this QuickTopic.

(F)
Aureola.
One player in your faction who is not using an (A) ability during this Incantation may kill someone at the end of this phase.

(F)
_____'s Falseclaim!
Once during the game you may send the moderator a flavor name and a list of abilities. A false Role PM that nearly approximates these specifications to you will be returned to you at the moderator's earliest convenience.

(F)
_____'s Safeclaim!
You know that all Town players in this game are Dark Eminences. Alternatively, you may try claiming _______.

Sample Role PM:

~NAME~

Welcome to Mafia Reverberation. You are a
Dark Eminence
. These are your abilities.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all other factions have left the game and one person who shares this Win Condition is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm in-thread. I wish you the best of luck.
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Vi »

Oh, last-minute changes~

I need to leave for a while, so Role PMs will go out later today. When I have sent them all out, I will unlock the thread.

---

All roles have been sent out. Please confirm in-thread.

If you have any questions about your Role PM, please PM me.

Rhinox has announced V/LA for the next few days, so for the time being I will count him as confirmed. The game will begin when nine other people have confirmed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Oookay, so post edition seems like it's fritzing. (Musical accompaniment by Rage Against the Machine.)

All roles have been sent out. Please confirm in-thread.

If you have any questions about your Role PM, please PM me.

Rhinox has announced V/LA for the next few days, so for the time being I will count him as confirmed. The game will begin when nine other people have confirmed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Vi »

The quiet, monotone whispering in the foyer ceased. For a brief moment, there was absolute stillness. Then, a harpy's shriek rended the silence as the pillar in the center of the room apparated. It undulated slightly, seemingly... pleased that it had been called up to judge those who worshipped it.

Twelve elders took their position on Luxomen conduits placed in a circle all around the pillar. The time had come.

----

Incantation:

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent, Jahudo, Jazzmyn, Juls, Mighty Orbots, Porkens, Rhinox, SerialClergyman, Sotty7, SpyreX, VP Baltar, zoraster

-The first Incantation has begun!

-I missed a few things in my final review >.> Check your abilities against the master list; I (slightly) changed one or two.

-When you first Incant someone, please choose a color for your representation on the vote count. This is only for flavor.

--At Intensity μ, it will take 12 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, January 27, 2010...
---If there is an alternative name you would like to be called on the vote count, please say so. Don't get too crazy with it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #19 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Vi »

A low growl could be heard from one of the conduits... From that direction, a piercing green beam shot toward one of the other platforms.
Now vaguely lit by the Luxom glow, the figure inside the targeted pod seemed to cast a watchful gaze around the hall.

Incantation:

:arrow: VP Baltar (P-11) ~
Jahudo

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn, Juls, Mighty Orbots, Porkens, Rhinox, SerialClergyman, Sotty7, SpyreX, VP Baltar, zoraster

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #27 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Vi »

In the greenish glow of the malevolent power, one might think that the incanted being was dressed in a rescue jacket...
The people here are just that - people - or they were at one time, anyway. They either live double lives while paying silent service to the cult of Luxomen... or have simply disappeared from the outside.

Several other incantations could be heard, and a criss-crossing array of beams soared through the hall.

Incantation:

:arrow:
VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo
Porkens

SpyreX (P-11)
~
VP Baltar

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

zoraster (P-11)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

Sotty7 (P-11)
~
zoraster

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Jazzmyn, Juls,
Mighty Orbots,
Porkens,
Rhinox, SerialClergyman,
Sotty7,
SpyreX,
VP Baltar, zoraster

-I'll treat Porkens 25 as an Incant. :P

---Cyan was a good FF6 character? That's news to me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

SpyreX (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo
Porkens,
SpyreX

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

zoraster (P-11)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

Sotty7 (P-11)
~
zoraster

BloodCovenent (P-11)
~ Mighty Orbots

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Mighty Orbots,
Rhinox,
SerialClergyman, SpyreX

-All of my deadlines are effective at 2100 EST.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

SpyreX (P-10)
~
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo
SpyreX

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

zoraster (P-11)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

Sotty7 (P-11)
~
zoraster

BloodCovenent (P-11)
~ Mighty Orbots
Porkens (P-11)
~
SerialClergyman

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent, Rhinox

-All players have confirmed!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Vi »

The pillar of Luxomen waxed in the center of the room, ushering an air of tangible tension into the dark room. It was still contained, but in due time it was sure to grow beyond control...

Shortly after a cry pealed through the hall, one of the consoles fired a second bolt of sanguine energy. There was no turning back now...

---

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-7)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SpyreX (P-10)
~
VP Baltar
Porkens

Porkens (P-10)
~
SerialClergyman
VP Baltar

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo
SpyreX

Juls (P-10)
~
Sotty7

zoraster (P-10)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-10)
~
Juls

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~ Mighty Orbots
Jazzmyn (P-10)
~
BloodCovenent

Mighty Orbots (P-11)
~
SpyreX

-No Decision-
BloodCovenent,
Rhinox

-Executive decision: Rhinox is now Gold.

--At Intensity λ, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, January 30, 2010...
---Happy birthday, SpyreX (c:
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-7)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SpyreX (P-10)
~
Porkens

Porkens (P-10)
~
VP Baltar

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo

zoraster (P-10)
~
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-10)
~
Juls

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~ Mighty Orbots
Jazzmyn (P-10)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-10)
~
Sotty7

Juls (P-11)
~
Sotty7

-No Decision-
Rhinox

--At Intensity λ, it will take 11 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-7)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

Porkens (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Porkens
Juls

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo

zoraster (P-10)
~
Jazzmyn

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~ Mighty Orbots
Jazzmyn (P-10)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-10)
~
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

-No Decision-
Rhinox

-Rhinox has reverted to yellow in spite of it being unreadable on SubSilver.

--At Intensity λ, it will take 11 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Vi »

As debate continued, everyone couldn't help but notice that the pillar in the center of the room seemed to be waxing larger...
Even though everyone suspected it COULD get much more intense in due time, it already felt too close for comfort...

---

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Porkens
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~
Mighty Orbots

--At Intensity κ, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Tuesday, February 2, 2010...
---If you have any questions about the references, etc. made in this game's flavor, you *could* just ask...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #151 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

--At Intensity κ, it will take 10 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #154 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Vi »

Replacing BloodCovenent. Please hold...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #160 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
Nachomamma8 (BloodCovenent)

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

-Nachomamma8 replaces BloodCovenent. Please welcome him!

--At Intensity κ, it will take 10 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #173 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Vi »

The vague ripples of apparitions could be felt in the fabric of the room's being...
It's unclear whether those had to do with the growing, consuming power in the center of the room, or anything going on aside... In the expanse of the darkness, it mattered not.

---

Incantation:

zoraster (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Nachomamma8

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster,
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

Porkens (P-8)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-8)
~
Herodotus (Juls)

SerialClergyman (P-8)
~
Sotty7

Mighty Orbots (P-8) ~
zoraster

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
Nachomamma8

-Herodotus replaces Juls. Welcome him!

--At Intensity ι, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Friday, February 5, 2010...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

zoraster (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Nachomamma8

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

Porkens (P-8)
~
Rhinox

SerialClergyman (P-8)
~
Sotty7

Mighty Orbots (P-8) ~
zoraster

Rhinox (P-8)
~
Herodotus

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Herodotus

--At Intensity ι, it will take 9 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #207 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

zoraster (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Nachomamma8

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

SerialClergyman (P-8)
~
Sotty7

Mighty Orbots (P-8) ~
zoraster

Rhinox (P-8)
~
Herodotus

Nachomamma8 (P-8)
~
Rhinox

Porkens (P-9)
~
Rhinox

--At Intensity ι, it will take 9 Incants to Purge...
Last edited by Vi on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Vi »

The disturbances started to seem exaggerated as the Luxomen pillar gained strength.
Noises that didn't seem to belong to the group occasionally crept into the few pauses in the conversation.

The time for decision was edging closer...

----

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens
Jahudo

zoraster (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Nachomamma8

Rhinox (P-6)
~
Herodotus
Porkens

SerialClergyman (P-7)
~
Sotty7

Mighty Orbots (P-7) ~
zoraster

Nachomamma8 (P-7)
~
Rhinox

--At Intensity θ, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Monday, February 8, 2010...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #241 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Jahudo

zoraster (P-5)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Nachomamma8

Rhinox (P-6)
~
Herodotus
Porkens

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster
Sotty7

Nachomamma8 (P-7)
~
Rhinox

SerialClergyman (P-8)
~
Sotty7

No Purge (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity θ, it will take 8 Incants to Purge...
Last edited by Vi on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #260 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Jahudo

zoraster (P-6)
~ Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Nachomamma8

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster
Sotty7

SerialClergyman (P-6)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn

Rhinox (P-7)
~
Herodotus
Porkens

Nachomamma8 (P-7)
~
Rhinox

Porkens (P-7)
~
Herodotus

No Purge (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
Jahudo

-Nachomamma8 put in V/LA a few days ago, and will continue to be absent through the week. I'm going to ask around and see if I can get a temp. replacement.

--At Intensity θ, it will take 8 Incants to Purge...

---

The Luxomen pillar was almost at a viable strength at this point.
Of course, it was far more interesting to test it than it was to simply say as much... And a suitable sacrifice was found easily.

--- CryMeARiver ---
Self-Aligned Object of Derision
--- Modkilled and Autolossed I1.

Incantation continues as is.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #277 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Vi »

At last, the Luxomen column was at its full (controllable) strength. The gathered cultists averted their eyes in half-reverence, half-fear of the milky, tumbling mass stretched high in the center of the room. Those that were standing in the conduits across the room started to quiver noticeably as they started to feel the brush of death, disintegration blowing across their faces.

Judgment - unstoppable fate - was coming. Quickly.

---

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SerialClergyman (P-4)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Nachomamma8
Jahudo

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-6)
~
Porkens

Nachomamma8 (P-6)
~
Rhinox

Porkens (P-6)
~
Herodotus

No Purge (P-7)
~
Jahudo

-The Lynch threshold has normalized.

--At Intensity η, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Thursday, February 11, 2010...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #289 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Vi »

Nikanor temporarily replaces Nachomamma8. Welcome him!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #302 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SerialClergyman (P-4)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Nikanor (Nachomamma8)
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Herodotus
Rhinox

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster

Rhinox (P-6)
~
Porkens

Nikanor (Nachomamma8) (P-6)
~
Rhinox

--At Intensity η, it will take 7 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

SerialClergyman (P-4)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Nikanor
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Herodotus
Rhinox

Mighty Orbots (P-6) ~
zoraster

Rhinox (P-6)
~
Porkens

--At Intensity η, it will take 7 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #364 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Vi »

A tangible feeling of dread started to simmer from the floor as the pale, bloated pillar started to rock back and forth from its base. The hooded figures started to twitch as the conduits of forbidden energy started to lose their resistances to the Luxomen force aimed upon them in so many colors.

The Incantation would not end until the lethal power claimed a victim. At least one. The question was... how long would it take?

---

Incantation:

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-3)
~
Porkens
SpyreX
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Nikanor
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Herodotus
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman, SpyreX
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-5) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-5)
~
SpyreX

Jazzmyn (P-6)
~
Nikanor

--At Intensity ζ, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Sunday, February 14, 2010...
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #381 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-3)
~
Porkens
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-5) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-5)
~
SpyreX

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge...

Jahudo 376 wrote:@Mod: Did you know zoraster went on V/LA?
Actually, no. (I don't check the V/LA thread, ftr.)
VP Baltar 378 wrote:It's not dangling Spy, he'll explode into a million molecules of light.
Pretty close to the right idea, flavorwise.
VP Baltar 378 wrote:which is a bit
hohum
I laughed.
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #396 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-3)
~
Porkens
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-5)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-5) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-5)
~
SpyreX

-I'll do a general massprod
this once
-Prodding zoraster again...

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge...
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #404 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

The pillar in the center of the room had now expanded to cover a little less than half of the great hall. A few of the cultists were starting to shake visibly as they felt the pulsing, maleficent energy seem to radiate a pressure that only strengthened the resolve to draw the Luxomen purge somewhere, anywhere else. Dying in service to the cult was a good thing, but only if the cult survived... and dying would get in the way of that...

---

Incantation:

SerialClergyman (P-2)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Porkens
Nikanor
Herodotus

zoraster (P-3)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

Mighty Orbots (P-4) ~
zoraster

Jahudo (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman

Nikanor (P-4)
~
SpyreX

-Jazzmyn has put in emergency V/LA.

-Replacing zoraster. Please hold...

--At Intensity ε, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, February 17, 2010...
Last edited by Vi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #421 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow: Mighty Orbots (P-2) ~
zoraster
Jahudo
VP Baltar
SpyreX

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Porkens
Nachomamma8 (Nikanor)
Herodotus

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

zoraster (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Jahudo

Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

Jahudo (P-4)
~
SerialClergyman

SpyreX (P-4)
~
SpyreX

Nachomamma8 (Nikanor) (P-5)
~
SpyreX

-Nachomamma8 replaces Nikanor...

--At Intensity ε, it will take 5 Incants to Purge...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #433 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Rhinox (P-1)
~
Porkens
Nachomamma8
Herodotus
SpyreX

:arrow: Mighty Orbots (P-1) ~
Gammagooey (zoraster)
Jahudo
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman

SerialClergyman (P-3)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7

Gammagooey (zoraster) (P-4)
~ Mighty Orbots
Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

Jahudo (P-5)
~
SerialClergyman

SpyreX (P-5)
~
SpyreX

-Gammagooey replaces zoraster. Welcome him!

-Rhinox is at P-1!

-Mighty Orbots is at P-1!
---The disco balls have aligned to create an aura of unspeakable funkadeliciousness!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #465 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Porkens
Nachomamma8
Herodotus
SpyreX
Herodotus

:arrow: Mighty Orbots (P-2) ~
Gammagooey
Jahudo
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman
Porkens

SerialClergyman (P-2)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7
VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-3)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Gammagooey

Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Herodotus

---Definitely tell me if I messed this incantation count up; I put it together in a hurry <.<
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #498 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Nachomamma8
SpyreX
Herodotus

SerialClergyman (P-2)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7
VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-3)
~ Mighty Orbots,
Gammagooey
Porkens

Mighty Orbots (P-3) ~
Jahudo
SerialClergyman
Porkens

Porkens (P-4)
~
Rhinox

Sotty7 (P-4)
~
-INCANT-

Jazzmyn (P-4)
~
Gammagooey

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #569 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Nachomamma8
SpyreX
Herodotus
, Mighty Orbots
Sotty7 (P-2)
~
-INCANT-
SpyreX
Gammagooey

Mighty Orbots (P-3) ~
Jahudo
SerialClergyman
VP Baltar
Sotty7

Porkens (P-3)
~
Rhinox
SerialClergyman

SerialClergyman (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7, VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-4)
~
Mighty Orbots,
Porkens

--NO PURGE-- (P-4)
~
VP Baltar

SpyreX (P-5)
~
SpyreX

Jazzmyn (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
VP Baltar

(Specifically, in one hour or so)

---
SerialClergyman 531 wrote:a night shift of captioning the Olympics
!? Cool @.@
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #659 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Five minutes, and I have
a cold
an official update

SerialClergyman (P-2)
~
Jazzmyn
VP Baltar
Porkens
Nachomamma8

Sotty7 (P-2)
~
-INCANT-
SpyreX
Gammagooey

Rhinox (P-2)
~
Nachomamma8
Herodotus
, Mighty Orbots,
Porkens
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #687 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Vi »

The deadline hit as of Gammagooey 677.
Mod scene forthcoming.

Those of you who suspect you are dead may stop posting; HOWEVER, you are entitled to submit an action for today.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #695 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Rhinox (PURGED)
~
Nachomamma8
Herodotus
, Mighty Orbots,
Porkens
, -INCANT-
Sotty7 (PURGED)
~
-INCANT-
SpyreX
Gammagooey
Jahudo

SerialClergyman (PURGED)
~
Jazzmyn
VP Baltar
Porkens
Nachomamma8
-INCANT-

Porkens (P-2)
~
Rhinox
SerialClergyman

Mighty Orbots (P-3) ~
Jahudo
Sotty7

--NO PURGE-- (P-4)
~
VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-4)
~
Porkens

--At Intensity δ, it will take
Incants to Purge...

-Rhinox, Sotty7, and SerialClergyman have been lynched.

-You are in Twilight I. If you have any outstanding actions, please submit them to me in the next 24 hours. If you were not Purged, you may continue posting as you like.

-The alignments, etc. of all those Purged/Killed/Whatevered during Incantation I will be revealed immediately before Incantation II begins.

EDIT: You can post much more easily when the thread isn't locked :oops:
Last edited by Vi on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #733 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

I just got in.
Your flips, which may or may not have scum among them, will come after I eat dinner, etc. I apologize for the wait.

Also, happy birthday Jahudo! Your avatar went from adorable to Cool since the last time I saw it~

And for VP Baltar, Orbots, and whoever else--This should be of use.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #736 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Vi »

The Luxomen pillar had grown to the point where it was starting to blaze out of control. In a panic, the high cultists channeled and rechanneled their sinister powers toward each other and even themselves in a mad rush to prevent the forbidden force from consuming them all...

And all at once, the milky tornado seemed to lash out toward three of the conduits, seemingly reaching for and grabbing the hapless leaders who could only stand and watch as...

---

Not all of the figures in this void were completely restrained by the light of day. The constituents of a nearby church would arrive this coming Sunday and wonder what had possibly happened to their guest preacher, one who was known to travel from town to town and hold unannounced revivals. They would never have guessed his true affinity, but perhaps that was for the best...

To contrast, the world and history itself would mourn the loss of one of its most outstanding athletes; a multitalented superstar in his eclectic fields of high stakes engineering, full contact Mafia, and the extreme sport he brought to fame and is now wildly popular in Africa, rhinocross. A large reward was posted for any clues that could lead to his whereabouts, and many leads were presented, but none checked out save the ones that pointed him to a fringe religious group.

The third of the purged turned out to be one of the cult's matrons, cheekily dubbed Madame Reactionary by some. Her Purge came as a huge blow to morale, as while she was not the most liked of the cult's hierarchy, she was certainly one of the most experienced.

---

Most of the high cultists came to their other senses a few feet away from their conduits. It appeared that an explosion had occurred. The smell of burning flesh and metal filled the air. It wasn't the Luxomen; that killed rather cleanly. Something else had happened...

The charred body turned out to be that of a famous historian, one who secretly sought to write the story of the Dark takeover of the unsuspecting world. Alas, he would now only be a minor author credit in the books he helped to write.

The burnt metal belonged to a cultist whose robes had been incinerated, leaving a giant mecha behind. It was clearly deactivated from whatever had hit it, and was clearly NOT one of the cult's machinima. A heroic sense could be felt even from its lifeless corpse, but alas, it was only to be scrapped.

The Luxomen pillar still stood in the center of the room... almost beckoning as it pulsed in place, promising to be gentle for a while longer...

---

---
Rhinox
---
Light Assassin
--- Purged during Incantation I!!!

--Rhinox possessed the following abilities:
(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(P)
Multitasker.

(A)
Redirect.

(A)
Marketing.

---
SerialClergyman
---
Dark Eminence
--- Purged during Incantation I.

--SerialClergyman possessed the following abilities:

---
Sotty7
---
Dark Eminence
--- Purged during Incantation I...

--Sotty7 possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Third Eye.

(A)
Gepenst.

---
Herodotus
---
Dark Eminence
--- Killed during Incantation I...

--Herodotus possessed the following abilities:
(P)
Destiny Bond.

(P)
Moychendising.

(A)
Summon.

--- Mighty Orbots ---
Light Assassin
--- Killed during Incantation I!!!

--Mighty Orbots possessed the following abilities:
(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Telepathy.

(A)
Echoing Voice.

-----

Incantation:

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn,
Porkens,
SpyreX,
VP Baltar,
Gammagooey

-Incantation II has begun!

--At Intensity η, it will take 7 Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Sunday, February 21 2010...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #777 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-5)
~
SpyreX
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-6)
~
Gammagooey

Gammagooey (P-6)
~
Porkens
VP Baltar

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn,
Porkens, SpyreX, VP Baltar, Gammagooey

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #806 (isolation #42) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-4)
~
SpyreX
Porkens
--INCANT--

Gammagooey (P-5)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo

VP Baltar (P-6)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jahudo,
Jazzmyn

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #828 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 am

Post by Vi »

The cult of darkness had already lost almost half of its members, and seemed to be eager to stop at nothing to eliminate the remaining intruders among them. At this point there was no turning back, and indeed, the ever-enlarging pillar in the center of the room silently(?) insisted that the way forward be at the very least painful.

---

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-2)
~
SpyreX
Porkens
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-4)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Nachomamma8,
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ζ, it will take
Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Wednesday, February 24 2010...

VP Baltar 812 wrote:Mod: If one were to use the Gepenst action, could the kill choice be submitted during Twilight?
There are only a few actions that
cannot
plausibly be submitted during Twilight; Doublevote is the most obvious one.
Nacho 823 wrote:Ohai guys, remember me???
you're who again
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-3)
~
SpyreX
Porkens
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge.

Gammagooey 830 wrote:Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
It wouldn't be against any rules.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #871 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-3)
~
SpyreX
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ζ, it will take 6 Incants to Purge.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #891 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Vi »

The Cult of Darkness respected the Light - insofar as they could their enemy - and welcomed the shadows that they dwelt in. But to a one, each cultist feared the Pillar in the center of the room.
The unlucky priests still alive were now starting to feel the force of its radiance for the second time, something that virtually nobody had done and survived...

----

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (P-2)
~
SpyreX
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Porkens

VP Baltar (P-4)
~
Gammagooey

---NO PURGE--- (P-4)
~
Porkens

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ε, it will take
Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, February 27 2010...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #902 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Jazzmyn (PURGE)
~
SpyreX
--INCANT--
Nachomamma8
Gammagooey
Porkens

Gammagooey (P-3)
~
VP Baltar
Jahudo

Nachomamma8 (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

---NO PURGE--- (P-5)
~
Porkens

--No Decision--
Jazzmyn

--At Intensity ε, it will take 5 Incants to Purge.
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, February 27 2010...

---

The Cult's treatment of suspected interlopers was swift and quite painful. Enraged, two of the elders slammed their conduits almost simultaneously to force their energy to channel toward a single target.
The sheer amount of energy aimed toward that hapless victim was enough to cause the entire pillar to reach out and surge through its victim.

The force of the wave of abominable energy knocked over a handbag near the conduit. Somewhere in there was a picture of its former owner smiling...
A former member of the Olympic hockey team, she appeared to be a regular contact of the deceased rhinocross star.

The POWERFUL WIZARD put the picture down and looked up in anticipation.
Within two tense minutes, a low, unearthly growl filled the room. This was what in the world underneath the blessing of the light constituted laughter...

---
Jazzmyn
---
Light Assassin
--- Purged during Incantation II!!!

Jazzmyn possessed the following abilities:
(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(A)
Sixth Sense.

(A)
Seal.

-A win condition is impossible to not attain!

---
VP Baltar
---
Dark Eminence
--- Survived Incantation II!!!

VP Baltar possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Summon.

(P)
Destiny Bond.

---
Porkens
---
Dark Eminence

Porkens possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Redirect.

(A)
Doublevote.

---
SpyreX
---
Dark Eminence

SpyreX possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Doublevote.

---
Jahudo
---
Dark Eminence

Jahudo possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Protect.

(A)
Sixth Sense.

(A)
Echoing Voice.

---
Nachomamma8
---
Dark Eminence
--- Survived Incantation II!

Nachomamma8 possessed the following abilities:

---
Gammagooey
---

Gammagooey was aligned with the
Dark Eminences
and possessed the following abilities:
(A)
Dissolution.

Game Over!

Dark
Wins!

Light
Loses...

---Commentary, etc. to be revealed shortly.

----
Gammagooey 899 wrote:Vi: How many Snackoos is an appropriate bribe for an early flip?
Hey! Are you trying to bribe me?

*KA-THONK!*

(She Snackoo'd you...)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #908 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Vi »

Setup in brief:

1) Light - Seal | Unlimited Tracker
2) Light - Multitasker | Unl. Marketer | Redirecter
3) Light - Doublevote | Neighborizer | Modposter
4) Dark - Doublevote | Doublevote
5) Dark - Unl. Inventor (False Inverse Lyncher)
6) Dark - Redirect | Doublevote
7) Dark - Doublevote | Unl. Role Cop | Unl. Vig
8) Dark - Doublevote
9) Dark - Unl. Track | Modposter
10) Dark
11) Dark
12) Dark - Dissolution

---
~NAME~

Light Assassin

(F)
Still, Small Voice.
You may speak with each member of your faction (____, _____, _____, and _____) privately at any time in this QuickTopic.

(F)
Aureola.
One player in your faction who is not using an (A) ability during this Incantation may kill someone at the end of this phase.

(A)
Sixth Sense.
Once during each Incantation you may choose another player to learn who (if anyone) they target during the Incantation.

(A)
Seal.
Once during the game you may choose another player to block any abilities that target them. This only applies to abilities that resolve after you use this.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

----------
@@@ TWO
----------
~NAME~

Light Assassin

(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(P)
Multitasker.
You may use more than one (A) ability during each Incantation.

(A)
Redirect.
Once during the game you may choose two players. All actions that target the first player during this Incantation will be redirected to the second player.

(A)
Marketing.
Once during each Incantation you may force someone to wear a piece of SpaceballsTM themed moychandise from the list below. Depending on what you give out, your target may gain an additional ability. Your target will be informed that they have been pressed into receiving the item, they cannot get rid of it, and upon death any item they may have had will be included in their flip.
*Spaceballs: The Toilet Paper
*Spaceballs: The Action Figure
*Spaceballs: The Flamethrower
*Spaceballs: The Best Of

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mod note:
Spaceballs: The Toilet Paper and Spaceballs: The Action Figure do nothing.
Spaceballs: The Flamethrower gives the recipient a one-time (A) roleblock.
Spaceballs: The Best Of gives the recipient an avatar of Yogurt. Wearing it is compulsory. Seriously. Refusing to wear it will force a modkill.

----------
@@@ THREE
----------
~NAME~

Light Assassin

(F)
Still, Small Voice.

(F)
Aureola.

(A)
Doublevote.
Once during the game you may place an extra vote against someone. You may not move it once placed, and it will disappear at the end of this Incantation.

(A)
Telepathy.
Once during the game you may choose a player with whom you would like to open private communication following this Incantation. Each time you do so, you will gain (P) Telepathic Bond.

(A)
Echoing Voice.
Once during the game you may post a message in place of the moderator, as long as it is 100 words long (or less) and does not identify you personally.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ FOUR
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(A)
Doublevote.
Once during the game you may place an extra vote against someone. You may not move it once placed, and it will disappear at the end of this Incantation.

(A)
Doublevote.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all other factions have left the game and one person who shares this Win Condition is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

----------
@@@ FIVE
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(P)
Destiny Bond.
Pregame or immediately upon receipt of this ability, you may choose players to fit any ______s in your abilities.

(A)
Summon.
Prior to each Incantation, you will receive three potential abilities from the mod. You may give a maximum of one of these abilities away to either _____ or _____ during the first 48 hours of the Incantation.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ SIX
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(A)
Redirect.
Once during the game you may choose two players. All actions that target the first player during this Incantation will be redirected to the second player.

(A)
Doublevote.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ SEVEN
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(A)
Doublevote.

(A)
Third Eye.
Once during each Incantation you may choose a player to examine their mind and learn what (A) abilities they have.

(A)
Gepenst.
Once during each Incantation you may choose a player to be killed at the end of the Incantation.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ EIGHT
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(A)
Doublevote.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ NINE
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(A)
Sixth Sense.
Once during each Incantation you may choose another player to learn who (if anyone) they target during the Incantation.

(A)
Echoing Voice.
Once during the game you may post a message in place of the moderator, as long as it is 100 words long (or less) and does not identify you personally.

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ TEN
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ ELEVEN
----------
~NAME~

Dark Eminence

(W)
Win Condition.

----------
@@@ TWELVE
----------
~NAME~

Welcome to Mafia Reverberation. You are
. You are allied with the
Dark Eminences

(A)
Dissolution.
Once during the game you may post
Dissolve: Self
to remove yourself from the game, but retain the ability to post inthread.

(W)
Win Condition.

---

Mod Note on Summon: The Summoner is shown three random one-shot abilities, and is able to give one out to a Destiny Bonded player each Day. Each possible ability in the game has a point value from 1 to 3, and the total value of the three abilities cannot be greater than 5. Any ability that requires Destiny Bond will come with it.

(1) Doublevote
(1) Protect
(1) Echoing Voice
(1) Antihero
(1) Multitasker
(1) Moychendising
-----(4) Destiny Bond
(2) Redirect
(2) Halt
(2) Seal
(2) Sixth Sense
(2) Telepathy
(2) Prominence
(2) Luxomancy
(2) Marketing
(2) Inverse Lyncher Penalty
(2) Dissolution
(3) Investigate
(3) Reflect
(3) Condemn
(3) Gepenst
(3) Light Arrow
(3) Summon
(3) Third Eye
(3) Liquid Being
(3) Transparent Being
(3) Reflective Being
(3) Vindictive Being
(3) Telepathic Bond
(3) _____'s Falseclaim
(4) Still, Small Voice (impossible to get)
(4) Aureola (impossible to get)
(4) _____'s Safeclaim (impossible to get)

----

--PREGAME--
Juls (Destiny Bond) - Chooses VP Baltar and Rhinox (for Summon)
Juls (Summon) - Receives Summon+Destiny Bond, Antihero, Echoing Voice

--INCANT 1--
1) --Jazzmyn (Seal, U. Tracker, U. Aureola) - Aureolas Herodotus
2) --Rhinox (U. Marketer, Redirecter, U. Aureola) - Markets Spaceballs: The Best Of to Herodotus (3 left)
2) --Rhinox (U. Marketer, Redirecter, U. Aureola) - Redirects from Jazzmyn to SpyreX (successful; only Marketer remains)
3) --Orbots (2xvote, Neighborizer, Modposter, U. Aureola) - Doublevotes Rhinox (Neighborizer/Modposter remaining)
4) --VP Baltar (Doublevoter, 2xvoter) - Doublevotes Sotty7 (One Doublevote Remaining)
5) --Juls (U. Summon) - Gives Summon+Destiny Bond to VP Baltar
6) Porkens (Redirect, 2xvote)
7) --Sotty7 (2xvote, U. Role Cop, U. Vig) - Vigs Mighty Orbots
8) --SpyreX (Doublevote) - Doublevotes Sotty7 (NO ACTIONS REMAINING)
9) --Jahudo (U. Track, Modpost) - Tracks Herodotus
10) --SerialClergyman - NO ACTIONS REMAINING
11) --BloodCovenent - NO ACTIONS REMAINING
12) zoraster - (Stump)

4) VP Baltar (Destiny Bond) - Chooses Sotty7 and Jahudo

Action stack:
-Herodotus (Juls): Gives to VP Baltar
-VP Baltar: Chooses Sotty7 and Jahudo (P)
-SpyreX: Doublevotes Sotty7
-Rhinox - Moychendises to Herodotus (successful)
-Mighty Orbots - Doublevotes Rhinox
-VP Baltar - Doublevotes SerialClergyman
-Rhinox - Redirects from Jazzmyn to SpyreX (successful)

******-Jahudo - Tracks Herodotus (returns VP Baltar)
******-Sotty7 - Gepenst vs. Mighty Orbots (successful)
******-Jazzmyn - Aureola vs. Herodotus (successful)

----

--INCANT 2--
1) Jazzmyn (Seal, U. Tracker, U. Aureola)
4) --VP Baltar (2xvoter, 1xSummon) - Summons to Jahudo - 2xvoter remaining
6) --Porkens (Redirect, 2xvote) - Doublevotes Jazzmyn - Redirect remaining
8) --SpyreX - NO ACTIONS REMAINING
9) Jahudo (U. Track, Modpost)
11) --BloodCovenent - NO ACTIONS REMAINING
12) zoraster - (Stump)

4) VP Baltar - Receives Echoing Voice, Protect, and Gepenst - Gives Protect to Jahudo (successful)
6) Porkens - Doublevotes Jazzmyn
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #924 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Thoughts on the setup:

This was my first attempt at a modular semi-open game. Well, more modular than semi-open what with Summon and Moychendising, but etc..

I themed the game around doublevotes, which was a really cool idea... except it really wasn't, in retrospect. Those doublevotes were potentially more powerful than I anticipated - at LyLo, those would have been beyond invaluable for both alignments. My original draft of the setup gave slot ONE (Jazzmyn) a doublevote instead of Seal; I'm kind of iffy about whether that would have been a good thing (because two scum doublevoters I mean really) but it would have stopped a doublevote massclaim from completely ruining the scum.

When I put in the potential to multilynch, I didn't really expect almost half the player list to die at once, and certainly not two scum. Oh well~
I'm not sure I like this diminishing threshold idea. A lot of the drama I1 only occurred when the threshold was about to drop and was mostly bureaucratic; the time before only a few Incants were needed to Purge was a little slow. This was to contrast with Percy's incarnation of the game when the D1 lynch got >7 votes.

The major reasons Doublevotes had to be declared inthread:
*Flavor sense
*I thought about making it PM-only, but someone asked me pregame how they used their doublevote and I replied "inthread", and I really couldn't go back on that.
I like the idea of not being able to move your extra votes, but maybe not the public aspect of it so much.

The scum had a hard time showing up to play, and Jazzmyn recovered from her accident to find herself in a nearly unwinnable position. (Notice: Anyone who doublevoted on the day of an NK was confirmed to NOT be the person who made that kill.)

Summon was the major source of swing in the game as well as a confirmable action, and it just so happened that Juls drew another copy of Summon I1. I really like the concept of being able to choose ability targets at the beginning of the game and deciding which of them you should actually use later (Destiny Bond) - so you chose Yos2 and Shanba as the people you want to give things to, but how much do you trust they won't use them for evil purposes? I think it needs tweaking, but I would like to keep going with it. (Also for those who were there, Destiny Bond is a direct result of the failure of the Phantasmal idea from BoTaM.)

If there was ever a flavor where
Tarhalindur
would be Town, it was this :D The Garo Master with Dissolution was a great flavor idea for this kind of setting (in my humble opinion~). I was wondering if Jahudo or SpyreX or someone would raise a red flag because no Tar role had ever been Town before. Don't get used to it :P

I tried to balance the game such that scum were able to fakeclaim easily and held quite a bit of power, while abusing the modular nature of the setup to create interesting role combinations. Rhinox could have gotten away with a Moychendiser or even a Dark claim as a sort of pseudo-Inventor, but :\ . Mighty Orbots' role was blatant falseclaim bait. Percy saw Porkens' role as a detriment to Town. And for all the tricks I gave scum, look at Sotty and Jahudo's roles. I mean seriously. Those are the sorts of roles people talk about, but you don't ever see.
If I had to redesign the setup, I would make Rhinox's Redirect unlimited and given Jazzmyn... maybe something other than Seal. (arf, arf)

The point of that huge list of possible abilities was to fuel Summon and... well, at the time I was planning a Large Theme with more or less these parameters (and more abilities to allow for more potential third party roles, which may actually exist in that game). Right now... I'm unsure what I want to do. I have one or two ideas for Large Themes right now, and I'm also a bit on the burnt-out side so simply waiting is an option I'm considering too.

---

The turning point of the game was definitely Sotty's shot in the dark on Mighty Orbots. Had that hit Town, this game may have turned out quite a bit differently.

Nikanor is God Tier after this game. I mean reaching Burden of Proficiency levels. Seriously.

Gammagooey was new but sounded intelligent, so I let him in. That was a good decision; I'm pleased to have found another competent player.

Watching SpyreX go at this game made me so disappointed I couldn't play :(

And SerialClergyman, you weren't the only person who didn't have 3+ abilities :P

---
Jahudo 921 wrote:Vi, where does that "Tarhalindur over Mafia" flavor originate from?
Mafia Jailbreak.
Mind Screw II was one of the three games that, when I first joined the Mini Normal queue, I thought "I want to run something like that someday". As it turns out, that's much easier thought than done :(
But given that Tarhalindur developed his reputation for being a twisted bastard mod from that game in particular, I thought I would have fun with it, so as I decided on the kind of flavor I wanted for Jailbreak (itself a meta-breaking setup) I dreamt up an extended fantasy sequence where Tarhalindur showed up to completely mess with everyone's minds. Cthulhu was a cliche title to give him, but it worked for the flavor and I've changed it with each game, always to something
completely
outside the flavor to cement his position as Resident Anachronism. "over Mafia" is a much more dramatic, Germanic way of saying "Mafia Cthulhu" (or whoever).

Incidentally, Tarhalindur has responded by vaporizing a flavor representation of me in each of his games :?
I find it ironic that Tarhalindur has a better record in games he hasn't played than me in games I have played (the only game a Tar role has lost is BoTaM, and that's partly because Mufasa was the one who had it).
Jahudo 921 wrote:And what was I supposed to do with Echoing Voice? It seemed pointless to me to the point that I wouldn't have claimed it if pressed to.
Maybe if it didn't count as an action I would have had some fun with it. :twisted:
"Hi, I'm a Tracker. You don't know me, but I saw ___ target the person who just died. Check it out!"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #936 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 935 wrote:And I think cute avatars help make you look pro-town. :)
This is actually true.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #941 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Nikanor 937 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Jahudo 935 wrote:And I think cute avatars help make you look pro-town. :)
This is actually true.
Maybe I should try this....
I don't think that one's going to work tbh. Try going for something less otaku and with a higher image quality.
Herodotus 938 wrote:What if multitasker had allowed a player to use the factional kill along with their (A) abilities? Until I looked at multitasker more carefully, I assumed Rhinox had performed the kill. In that case, Jazzmyn could have really tracked a player.
I'm kind of iffy about completely free abilities like that in a game where restriction is a big part of balance - if that slot was Purged first; then scum would have been unduly burdened later.
Porkens 940 wrote:Will someone please just hammer Jazz?
She's married.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #943 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

Nikanor wrote:
Vi wrote:I don't think that one's going to work tbh. Try going for something less otaku and with a higher image quality.
Ugh. Okay.
How's this one?
It's a standard stock picture, so people who don't know you will think you're a newb (lol)
Quality isn't very good, but the original pic's quality wasn't that good in the first place. Two minutes in GIMP gives an avatar that's better, but kind of meh because of the grays and... I don't know, it feels artificial.
(consider flipping horizontally to create the illusion that the kitten is speaking your posts =o.o= )
Maybe another kittypic?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”