Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:04 am

Post by kelyn »

/confirm
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by kelyn »

The game hasn't started an already a lot of posts :-p.

I guess I will get an avatar since you requested and because it seems like the "cool" thing to do.

Maybe one day I can be as "Cool" as Ray, or should I call you captain Jack from here on? :wink:
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by kelyn »

Question: If we hit 5 votes does the day automatically end?
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by kelyn »

Thanks!

@RayFrost - What scum tells should I specifically be looking for day 1?

@ jmurph - Glad you could join us. Does your avatar signify that you are Mafia?

@ redbox - Do you like watching movies?

@ PranaDevil - Dick Devil seems like a good character to be in the Mafia. What do you think?

@ Apathy - How apathetic do you plan on being this game?

@ Skill006 - Are you as good as James Bond (007) at taking down bad guys?

@ PaltryExcuse - Do you have any advice for me going into my first game here?

@ fuzzylightning - What is the difference between IC and SE?

@ Ray AGAIN! - Is this a proper questioning stage?
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by kelyn »

Just found this quote on Ray's Wiki article
roflcopter wrote:he's proven to me that he is among the elite group of players who are a detriment to their own win condition no matter what role they get
@ Skill - Let's hope you are right and Ray really is in the mafia AND that the quote is true. Maybe it will give us townies an advantage. :-p
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by kelyn »

LoL, my quote was a joke :-p. He has already been helpful in a few ways, pointing some good stuff to read in the Wiki as well as answering my questions.

I won't take some one's word for it that has only played with you twice, nor was it my intention to do so. If you are role aligned with me I will make my own decision (or if you are mafia for that matter).
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by kelyn »

Thanks for the advice Paltry.

vote: PaltryExcuse

This maybe should have been on Ray, but I am putting it on you. Ray has been very talkative and is an SE. While you are an SE and aren't being very talkative maybe it is to "Stay under the Radar". I don't know which is more common for SE's since I have never played on this site, but maybe it is just a personality thing. Anyways, thanks.

----------

Sorry for this mistake jmurph. I never know Carmen carried a gun. The only exposure I have ever had to her was the TV show on Nickelodeon I think.
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by kelyn »

I never *knew*, sorry for the grammatical error.
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by kelyn »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@kelyn: Answer my question from before: Who's response were/are you looking forward to the most?
Also, do you believe lurking to be a scum tell?
Sorry I must have missed this question.

I was looking forward to yours mostly to be honest. I am all about learning as much as I can about this game, especially since it is my first here. Getting good ideas to find mafia is a big help.

I think ACTIVE lurking is a scum tell, especially if people are helping the town at all with short posts. If people just don't get on that may mean that they are just not interested in the game (IMO), which could be a tell of a Vanilla.

Going to bed. Be back tomorrow night after classes. Good night.
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 am

Post by kelyn »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Why should your vote have been on Ray?
When I made the vote it was because Ray's hyper active posting style was the only thing that really stuck out as scummy so far in the game, and since you both are SE's the totally varying play styles seemed a little off color as well.

I now realize that my second argument is a bad one (That you all vary in play styles so one of you could be mafia). The first one (RF being a very active poster) probably is not a scum tell either, since like stated before he always posts a lot. That was my logic then, now I am not convinced it should be on him.

@ Paltry - Why do you ask? Do you agree my vote should be with him?

unvote, Vote: PranaDevil

luzzylightning wrote:@kelyn: What about a person who might not have a lot to say in the beginning because they are trying to figure out what it is they want to say? Would you advocate lynching a player because they may be "actively lurking" on D1 but have shown in the past that in later days they are more active? If the answer to the above question was no, what if it was close to deadline and it was that or a no-lynch?
I would say that lurking is more of a scum tell later on in the game, more so than day 1. If some one is just skating by without saying too much, not trying to actually catch scum. You are right, Day 1 lurking is not always a scum tell, but if it continues it may be. If it came down to that or a no-lynch after 2.5 weeks, I would say lynch the lurker. They aren't helping us find the scum, they very well could be scum.
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:11 am

Post by kelyn »

PranaDevil wrote:I'm also loath to say this as part of me thinks you are extremely new (though I would strongly advise reading up on some games prior to play personally) and therefore want to just get information, but you could also have done lots of reading up and have taken the "I'm extremely new and know nothing about the game" to try and take us all for a ride to perhaps cover any tracks you may be leaving.
My proclaimed "Newness" is to this site, and online play at all in general. I have hosted a few online games on another forum i visit frequently (Introduced it there really), and have played IRL MANY times (around 100-150 at a camp I am a councilor at as well as in high school drama classes). Most of the games I have played have been based on "gut feelings" and getting facial reads off of people. The psychology behind posts is still very new to me.

@ PranaDevil - Do you really feel I have been playing the "new" card that much? I don't plan on doing it the rest of the game... I just wanted to get as much advice as I could from our IC's and SE's.
PranaDevil wrote:Hold on kelyn... why have I suddenly been given your vote? Either you're chopping and changing for no reason, or you have a reason which you're not sharing with the town.
My vote was to evoke response, like I was advised to do (By one of our SE's). It did so in a way, but more so brought your attention me so you could go dig up whatever you could from my previous posts :-p.

Based off of your response... "OMGUS" basically, I will assume you are a defensive townie; however, you could be a scummy player trying to cover up my amazing first day vote of you :-p. I will keep both in mind for later postings.

@ Apathy - Your arguments against RayFrost are interesting and seem fairly logical. Regardless of his role he is getting people to talk which is very important. Though this may get him lynched (if he is a townie) he is still digging up valuable information for the rest of us. If he is mafia... it may get him lynched which helps us out too.
Do you see anything else in the first 4 pages that seems scummy (Possibly something from other players)?
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 am

Post by kelyn »

Oh yeah forgot this
unvote

I will vote after a while. Time to go to classes. Be back tonight.
-Kelyn
kelyn
kelyn
Townie
kelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:49 am

Post by kelyn »

You simply stating that you are thinking about voting for me because I voted for you and you go Fishing for some argument against me. IMO that is an OMGUS response, covered up by a fairly weak argument. Is my logic flawed there?
-Kelyn

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”