Mini 219: Tom Cruise Mafia -- It's a Wrap!

halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:39 am

Post by halfpint »

Welcome! I don't feel like random voting, so I won't vote until I think something suspicious is happening.
Fuldu wrote:
Phoebus wrote:That's OK. My vote can stay there until further notice.

Glorious mod: Is the motivator the same as discussed in some of the setups I've sent to you?
Hey now. If he's going to answer questions like that, he ought to explain it to the rest of us.
I agree.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:51 am

Post by halfpint »

This whole conversation between Johnny and Tally seems weird to me.
Talitha wrote:Are you still with us Johnny?
Tally, why ask? It had only been 3 days since he posted. Why did you single him out?
Johnny wrote:Yeah. Been busy keeping up with other things. Don't worry. I have caught up.
Caught up with what? Not much had been going on.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:42 pm

Post by halfpint »

Astro wrote: unvoted DP because my initial vote was totally random, and added a silly comment about there now no longer being a bandwagon against him.
You can see how that would appear scummy though, right?

So, it seems that we have 2 people at the moment that are the leading candidates for scum: Johnny and Astro.

Johnny does seem a bit obliging but I'm thinking that it is more out of newbieness than scumminess. I'm not sure though; it's hard for me to get a good read on him. As for Astro, I can't seem to figure the reason for the cryptic vote of inhim. What is it about post #25? Can you elaborate a bit more?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by halfpint »

I too would also like to know where Windslicer is. It's been a while since he visited us ... I think that's deserving of a vote.
vote: Windslicer
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:51 am

Post by halfpint »

WindSlicer wrote:I read every day, just waiting for something to sink my teeth into.
With everything that's been talked about so far, you didn't find anything to "sink your teeth into"? :?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Post by halfpint »

Aaagh! This is so
frustrating
! Conversation seems to have come to a complete halt.
Talitha wrote:I'm sticking my vote with inHim who has nothing to say now that the attention is turned away from him.
I agree. I don't like the way that Windslicer has decided to participate in this game, but I really find this
really
suspsicious. Thus, I'll
unvote; vote: inHim
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Post by halfpint »

Okay, inHim, I'll give you a chance to post something.
unvote
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 pm

Post by halfpint »

After hearing from inHim, I really just don't get a scummy sense from him. For now, I'm content to leave my vote off of him.
Astronaut wrote:First, he throws accusations all over the place, next he defends inHim and then the Talitha/Johnny plot. Finally he votes one of the newbies and IGMEOY's the other. This behaviour is the opposite of what I've seen from Seol in my previous games with him.
What have you normally seen from Seol from previous games you've played with him?
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:23 am

Post by halfpint »

Wow this is tough. I'm having a hard time trying to parse through everyone here. The only thing I feel like I have a fairly good read on is that inHim is pro-town. So, for the near future, I can't see me voting for anyone else.

I think that I would like to hear more from Johnny.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:11 pm

Post by halfpint »

inHimshallibe wrote:Actually, I'm branching out here -
vote: halfpint
. She has really flown below the radar.
Nope, I'm right here, and have been active this whole time.

Like I said earlier, I'm having a hard time trying to go through and determine who I found scummy. The only person that I think I have a read on is inHim -- he definitely seems pro-town to me.

I was thinking early on about Johnny, but I couldn't really figure out if he was being scummy or just being a newbie.
Tally wrote: I thought you would be familiar with the relevant Jeep tell (when someone says that a player is town without saying "if").
Hmm - I did not realize that this was a Jeep tell ... I tried to get to the wiki page to look, but I think it's down to the move? Anyway, I didn't find anything wrong with his comment, but this is an interesting thing you bring up.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:17 pm

Post by halfpint »

inHim wrote:but, I am still satisfied with my vote.
Care to share why?

The Astronaut bandwagon seems to caught have steam, but I'm not still sure that he is acting scummy. Windslicer put together a summary of Astro's events, and I think it will be helpful to us to view it again.
Windslicer wrote:Astronaut
*vote DP (random)
*unvoted DP (to end bandwagon)
- some thought it was suspicious he unvoted DP
*vote inHim (scummy post #25)
*unvote, vote: Seol (post#93 odd that he ended voting a newbie and IGMEOY a newbie)
Add to that now:

-- had a what Tally calls a Jeep tell about asking Johnny to claim a name before he votes
--unvotes Seol because it didn't do anything but drawn attention to himself; revotes inHim (his original bandwagon)
-- unvotes inHim, votes Tally; can't understand why showing uncertainity about day 1 votes is scummy
-- says he is voting Tally because she is so sure of her vote

Okay, so that's the summary (I think ... someone should correct me if I've misrepresented the facts). I need to take a look at this in more detail and see what I determine.
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:39 pm

Post by halfpint »

After thinking it over and re-reading my summary of Astro's events, I don't think that he is acting scummy. However, I don't think that inHim is acting scummy either. To me it seems that he is reading over posts and trying to determine who is acting scummy. Sometimes his votes go against the trend, sometimes they don't. That doesn't seem scummy to me.

I'm worried, though, that both WindSlicer and Johnny have seemed to disappear again. They both come forward when they are called on not posting, post a little bit, and then disappear when the heat is off. Let's see if either or both come forward now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”