Mini 925: Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Mafia: GAME OVER!

NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

/confirm
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Since we can vote for anything, what if I
vote: the Kakera
? =P

Do you really want to vote fate?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

I wonder if we would stop getting messages if we lynched UK. I also really want to know what would happen if we lynched the Kakera. Voting the Mafia doesn't seem like it would work to me, but it's a cool idea.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

So, see? The Mafia would be considered a player, which leads to nothing.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

TheLonging wrote:So lynching The Mafia would do nothing? What about voting the mod or The Kakera what would that help?
Probably nothing.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

All 4a really says is that we can waste a day on something that doesn't exist, except maybe the mod, but I don't see that ending well.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Going with the flavor, UK would be the 13th player (player 0) and confirmed town (as she is fully cleared). So you want to lynch confirmed town. It just doesn't make any sense to lynch her.
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

DisCode wrote:I was almost at the point of being irritated about who to vote between a few players. But then I saw Navy and he saved me from this aweful dilemma,
Vote NavyCherub
That doesn't make any sense, so far I seem to have been in full agreement with you.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

RayFrost wrote:'why are you voting me? I'm agreeing with you, so I'm obv not scum!' :/
That's not what I mean ("I'm obv not scum!"), I meant I didn't understand the vote because we seemed to agree so far. I want him to elaborate.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

magnus_orion wrote:Why do you suspect that your level of agreement is his reason for voting you?
I don't, but there's nothing about anything else in his post that I can respond to in relation to myself...and this is like the third time I've said this using different words. >.<
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

DisCode wrote:Navy seems FL (
UK will always be FL to me
) as ObvTown. Nothing wrong with that, except that it's wrong. But that's not the point. The point is the bolded.
Everytime I see that quote, I want to add 4 little words at the end of the bolded part: 'if you are town'
I thought it was implied to be quite honest, I'll be more blunt from here on out.
DisCode wrote:In other words, 4 players have done something scummy to him, of which 3 players did it before the quoted post. And he's letting it slip by. Vote worthy to me.
See, I know where you're coming from now. My voting habits simply aren't so aggressive that I would lay a new vote down every time I see someone do something suspicious. Aside from that, I didn't find it inherently scummy until recently, I was just trying to take some focus off of the idea because I didn't like it (that obviously backfired). The fact that it is still a major idea being tossed around is beginning to make me reconsider how to view the situation and the people who are currently voting. UK might not be clear (alibis mean nothing, I should have known this), but I still see it as a waste of a lynch right now.
DisCode wrote:If agreeing should make me look positive at you, does that mean that when somebody disagrees with you, you'll look negative at it or not? And why?
No, if someone disagrees with me I won't automatically see them in an entirely negative light, as you can see from my lack of a vote when I disagreed with the idea of lynching UK. But I never said that agreeing with me should make you see me positively; your post simply didn't contain anything that I could see as a reason for your vote on me (other than that you clearly found me scummy for a reason you didn't list).
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

magnus_orion wrote:Recently with respect to when? and why did your view change?
When the talk didn't stop. When it started growing ("it is still a major idea...")

Oh, and
unvote
vote: Leech
for starting the whole thing.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Maybe if her vote was on me? But right now my vote is there because of the UncertainKitten incident. How is that OMGUS?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

But this early? You don't think we could at least wait and not use a lynch on the first day to do something like that?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Ok, but you still have your vote there. What's with that?
o your issue is that its still around, but you suspect the person who started it? not the people who came later, prolonging it?
He was the first one to bring it up, with his first post as well.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Leech wrote:How is it scummy to bring up a topic for discussion? How is the "first post" specification you made relevant at all? It obviously started discussion, and brought forth a subject that we should be thinking about in this type of game.
Yes, you're right, it's not.
Unvote
magnus_orion wrote:I'm sort of getting the feeling you just made this vote because people were pressuring you about not voting. Can you dissuade me from this feeling?
I mostly did it for reaction purposes. If I had voted because I was pressured I would have done it right away.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Mmm no, I'm just answering the questions, I admit I had some pressure on me before but that was not the main reason for my vote and that post had no pressure influence, I can promise you that.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

The first part was not affected by pressure at all, I just said that. What's wrong with accepting something as more town than you had found it before?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

I'll elaborate then. The first vote was scummy to me because it started it the whole thing (no way) and didn't say much other than that the mod might be a character. No indication of if the mod was a character we should be wary of, etc., just that there might be a Mod character. Leech then didn't bring it up again until I voted him for it. I was thinking he did this in order to draw attention away from his connection to the votes, so I voted. We had some exchanges on the topic, I do not find the idea of the Mod being a negative character a scummy thing anymore. I still don't think we should lynch her TODAY, though.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Tarhalindur wrote:Wait, so you're voting Leech for... a random vote? Care to explain?
Leech's vote wasn't random, as he's defended it. I'm also not voting for him right now.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Cobalt wrote:navy who's scum
You look like a good candidate right now, with posts consisting of "What?" and votes after a period of not posting with no reasoning behind them (usually followed by something like "more votes on xxx please"). No one else sticks out alot to me. You're the most scum looking person to me. I'm not voting because I don't feel strongly enough for your lynch yet.
RayFrost wrote:so your vote wasn't a reaction vote cuz you are defending it (same argument, diff. wording).

awesome defense there.

awesome defense on the 'not voting anymore, so you can't use it against me'
I wasn't defending it, I was clarifying that it clearly wasn't random. You can go look at what he's said if you want, I'm not saying this completely unwarranted.

Awesome sarcasm there.

That wasn't a defense, once again, clarifying since he seems to have missed that.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Voting for me before your vote can be considered OMGUS? Cool.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

magnus_orion wrote:but... I thought you said you didn't think it was scummy until you decided to vote leech on it, at which point you decided it was scummy... for some reason...

Now that you talked it over with leech... you changed your mind... again...

So what exactly changed your mind and caused you to unvote? Can you explain your reasoning?
I explained why I thought it was scummy when I voted for Leech in the post you quoted. I didn't think it was entirely vote worthy, but I wanted to see how he would respond (apparently this is scummy).

Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular. It isn't entirely unreasonable to consider the Mod an anti-town faction because of the situation (the game type, the flavor, possibly Tar's role but he hasn't elaborated on that, all these are points made in the discussion so far), so simply that idea isn't scummy.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Leech wrote:
Leech's post about how the lynch didn't need to happen today and how the topic was one that needed to be discussed changed my view on his first vote in particular.
Funny, I didn't say whether it needed to happen today or not. I never once stated whether it would be beneficial to lynch the mod today or not. You've been the one discussion a mod lynch. I simply voted for the Mod because the mod is a player in these games sometimes. Considering there was no one else to go for, I figured I'd at least be somewhat productive.
Leech wrote:I said it's not bad to suspect, I never said anything about lynching.
^ That is the quote I'm referring to.
Actually, it was pretty much a standard RVS vote. The mod could be a player, so voting for UK with nothing to go on as opposed to a guaranteed player with nothing to go on is pretty much the same thing. There was no meaning beyond "Random vote, maybe we should consider the mod might be in this game." It wasn't my vote I was defending, I was defending myself from your faulty logic.
My mistake, I was in the wrong to assume you were defending the vote, but I assumed that because that is the thing I was directing my action toward.
You still haven't answered how the first mod vote is more scummy than the 4th vote that was cast. Nor have you explained how the fact that it was my first vote is even remotely relevant.
The first vote got the wagon started; you could have information about the mod that we don't, hence your immediate direction of attention toward the mod.
Shouldn't you be suspicious of the people who ran with it? The wagon was up to four votes at one point. Why aren't you questioning them?
You are correct, I was thinking about this before starting to write this post. I should be scumhunting, not just defending myself. I will soon, but I have to leave for school right now.
Also if you want to get technical Tar was the first to mention it, not me. He made a joke about it in the confirmation stage. I just re-read the thread and noticed that. I must have missed it before, not expecting something to actually happen pre-game.
I never considered the pre-game, but I still don't think the pre-game is significant right now.

When I come back I will reread and begin to question some people.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

The thing is, it's hard to defend a vote that I never intended on taking to a lynch. You're right, I could have chosen the people who continued the discussion, but I chose the first vote with bad reasoning looking back. It was intended as a reaction vote, and that would not have changed with the person who I was voting. It was a pretty dumb mistake to vote for Leech. Now, onto my claim. I have a question before I do it - not being able to quote "factional abilities" doesn't mean I can't quote my powers, does it? I'm afraid of being modkilled so I just want to make sure. >___>

If a player has factional abilities, they will be labelled as factional abilities. Everything else is fair game.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

UncertainKitten wrote:
"Would you like some more cookies?"

Welcome to Umineko No
Na
ku Koro Ni Mafia,
NavyCherub
. You are
Ronove, Townie Jack of All Trades
. You have the following abilities:

Passive Abilities:

You have no passive abilities

Active Abilties:

Demonic Distraction:
Once per game, at night, you may roleblock all players.
Demonic Inquiry:
Once per game, at night, you may target a player. You will be sent that players alignment.
(Note: Your sanity is not guaranteed)

Demonic Trickery:
Once per game, at night, you may target two players. All actions your first target uses will be redirected to the second target.
Demonic Protection:
Once per game, at night, you may target a player. That player cannot be targetted during the next night phase.
Demonic Killing:
Once per game, at night, you may target a player. That player will be killed.

Win Condition (Town): You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
OMG ROLE PM QUOTE MOD-

Oh wait. Carry on :P
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:35 am

Post by NavyCherub »

StrangerCoug wrote:Will read when I come back, but NavyCherub, that claim is a tad premature...
I'm effectively at L-1, I wouldn't say it was premature.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

TheLonging wrote:learning someone's abilities... I've only gotten that ability as scum before in past games so idunno
As Cobalt said, alignment, not abilities.
TheLonging wrote:killing is like a vig ability then right? of course if it hits town/PR it'd be horrible
That's more of a comment on my potential vig choice than if it is a "scummy ability" or not.
StrangerCoug wrote:Cobalt's acting the way I've normally seen him
So he always acts like this? That explains alot I guess...
magnus_orion wrote:If no specific reactions were being looked for, what conclusions were drawn from the reactions that did happen?
Pretty town to me right now. He didn't go out of his way to defend anything he really didn't believe and he didn't become overly defensive.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Kai, I would like you to give a little bit more of a case before pushing a lynch with posts like
Kairyuu wrote:Because Col.Cathart was scum, and SC replaced him.
One post from someone who clearly did not care about the game does not make scum and does not justify posts like that.
UncertainKitten wrote:
I had to prod FIVE of you people. Get your asses back in gear and PLAY THE GAME.
I still have a couple hours before day 3. D=

Um...did you miss the fact that prods come every FORTY EIGHT hours, not 72?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 am

Post by NavyCherub »

vote TheLonging
- he hasn't contributed this whole game
RayFrost wrote:not good enough reasoning.
Does he ever post much reasoning? I'm starting to get a bit tired of those posts that just say...well, nothing.
Cobalt wrote:CSL, why did you fake a post restriction?
Is this a joke? His first six posts in this thread didn't have "Uu~!." In fact, if TheLonging weren't being a total flake and useless player all around my vote would be on you.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

magnus_orion wrote:
fos: cobalt

Explain.
Now.
I don't see how such a position isn't scummy.
I agree wholeheartedly. Cobalt's dancing around explanations for his actions is getting tiring, and I would love to see one for this vote. That post is not an explanation, that's a conclusion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”