Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:15 am

Post by Maximumum »

Hello everyone!

Let's get the day started with a random vote for...

vote: rajrhcpfreak

Because voting for a freak in a horror movie game just feels so right.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 am

Post by Maximumum »

(Just curious, did anyone else read the night scene then check to see if "Someone" was in the game? :P )
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:17 am

Post by Maximumum »

Nightfall, calling people out for cluttering the game thread on the second page? At this point we are hoping for posts. I think everyone knew that StrykkerVerde's vote was a joke because of the question I asked in the first post. Voting for him because of it is kinda silly.
unvote Vote: Nightfall
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:18 am

Post by Maximumum »

Nightfall, calling people out for cluttering the game thread on the second page? At this point we are hoping for posts. I think everyone knew that StrykkerVerde's vote was a joke because of the question I asked in the first post. Voting for him because of it is kinda silly.
unvote Vote: Nightfall
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:32 am

Post by Maximumum »

Is that your only power? You can't be killed at night and therefore must be lynched in order to die in this game? Doesn't Dracula sleep during the day and only come out at night? So the deal is that the killers are supposed to target you at night and waste a night kill, something that isn't going to happen now.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by Maximumum »

unvote: Nightfall
for now.
Nightfall wrote: but since my role is I would think, one of our more powerful
Now that the role has been revealed I would think his usefulness is pretty much gone, no? If he is telling the truth then no night killers will bother targeting him now.
If he is telling the truth his role's usefulness is totally blown, however, that doesn't mean that we can't keep him around for pro-town numbers later on. If he can't be killed during the night and we don't lynch him then that's one pro-town vote we will always have (again, providing he is telling the truth).

Unfortunately, we will never be able to substantiate this claim unless we lynch him, but that can probably wait.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:27 am

Post by Maximumum »

StrykkerVerde wrote:d_rouge, I know that because the mod told me and she told me that she was going to tell the whole town. You guys can ask her yourselfs if you want to confirm this.
She did tell us, in the opening posts. The flavour for the game hints that it might not be a good thing in this town to be "good". The fact that she has given scum safe claims is also in there.

"Since MASS-CLAIMING destroyed my Final Fantasy Game, Guess what guys? Don't even think about it here. ALL ANTI-TOWN role have safe claims. So hah! You gotta do it the old fashion way."

What Strykker based his observations on is available for all to see.

What I don't understand is if Strykker guessed that the "innocent" characters are the bad guys why does he find it hard to believe that Dracula (one of the ultimate bad guys) can be pro-town here. How does Jack Torrence being a townie make the Dracula claim less believable? I think I just need some clarification on that point.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Strykker, maybe you aren't understanding who Jack Torrence was is his movie. In "The Shining" he was the guy that went whacko and tried to kill his family. He was hardly a "good guy" in the movie. Him being a good guy in this game would seem to support that a character like Dracula would definitely be a good guy.
You don't believe the claim and that is a totally different can of worms, but using the death of the Torrance Townie doesn't really support that position.

(thanks for taking the deadline back! :) )
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:09 am

Post by Maximumum »

StrykkerVerde wrote:The Number 1 reason I don't believe you claim is because it feels to me like a role you made up yourself as opposed to a role that was given to you. All the scum have safe claims and to me that feels like one of them.
Again, I don't understand your reasoning.
You are the one that pointed out that the mafia got "safe claims" but you don't believe his claim because you think he made it up himself.
If he is indeed a bad guy he wouldn't NEED to make up a claim himself...he would have been given one, right?

It seems to me like you are trying really hard to get the guy who says he can't be night-killed killed during the day.
vote: StrykkerVerde
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:23 am

Post by Maximumum »

Wow! Claim-fest.

If Foolster is lying about his claim it is a very risky move for a mafia guy to make, especially if we lynch based on his claim. If we go for Roland and he is found innocent it would pretty much end Foolster's game right there. I'm inclined to believe his claim.
Personally, I would prefer to leave Nightfall alone for now just in case he is telling the truth about his role. Of the three claims right now I find Roland's to be the most doubtful and if he is being framed than the role he has claimed would be the least devastating to lose.
vote: RolandoftheWhite
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:27 am

Post by Maximumum »

Going strictly by the night flavour I don't think that killer is Ripley ("Aliens" is my all-time favourite movie). Ripley is hardly soft-spoken (
soft female voice cooed
) and I don't recall her ever using a large knife to decapitate an alien, especially with their acid for blood, dangerous exercise.
Beside, what are the chances a Ripley character actually targeting the Alien character at night?

Stykker is my first choice for today. Unless we have any other info to go on.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:55 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Ok, nothing new to go on yet so I'm going to
vote: StrykkerVerde
based on his actions of yesterday.

Foolster, who is Samus?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:52 am

Post by Maximumum »

Here are the Strykker's action's from yesterday that makes me vote for him today (since he asked)

First, his total refusal to consider Nightfall's claim of Dracula. He starts poking holes in it as soon as it comes out. He started that whole confusing "JACK FREAKING TORRANCE IS A TOWNIE WE HAVE SOMEONE TRYING TO CLAIM DRACULA AS A GOOD GUY The setup is OBVIOUS" reasoning for not believing the claim even though Jack Torrance being a townie in this game would support Dracula being a good guy.
Strykker knew that the bad guys were given safe claims but contradicts himself in this post about the claim...
Strykker wrote: The Number 1 reason I don't believe you claim is because it feels to me like a role you made up yourself as opposed to a role that was given to you. All the scum have safe claims and to me that feels like one of them.
He says he thinks Nightfall made up the claim himself then in the next sentence says sounds like the mod gave it to him...which is it?

Second, his reaction to the cop claim.
StykkerVerde wrote: I really don't like the cop coming out this early but a guilty investigation is a guilty investigation.
I'm not going to vote yet however until everyone checks in. We can't just trust him cause he says he's the cop, he probably is but I'd still like to hold back and wait for a counter-claim.
Again, contradictory. He doesn't like the cop coming out this early but encourages a counter-claim, essentially asking any other cop to come out.

There ya go.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:26 am

Post by Maximumum »

StrykkerVerde wrote: The cop came out early. That's bad. Who else agrees? On the plus side, he had a guilty investigation. This is good. However any asshole could say "I'm a cop he's guilty" so I would rather wait until most people have checked in because if he isn't the cop. Or if he is and scum try and counter-claim. We have then found ourselves some scum instead of just listining to the one guy blindly and letting the wolf lead the sheep to the pack.

In the end I wasn't trying to get more roles out in the open, I was just trying to stay on the side of caution. The cop has been revealed. There is now no way that that's not true. Because if he is the cop then that's that, and if he's not the cop and the real one doesn't come out then we're following a wolf and the cop would not be smart to let us do that.

And if Foolster did in fact investigate Nightfall, and he is in fact the cop, then I guess I was wrong about his role being bogus. My bad.
See, the problem I have with this explanation is the assumption that there is only one cop role in this game. How does anyone know that?
A mafia member coming out on day one with a false cop claim when there was absolutely no lynch pressure on him is HIGHLY unlikely. No one was suspicious of Foolster at the time but he came out because of Roland's role claim and the effect it may have had on the first lynch. You were afraid Foolster's claim was bogus and wanted to make sure by having someone else come out with their role? What if that had happened and there were two cops in the game? It could have been disasterous.
Your defense doesn't change the fact that you wanted to check the claim by having others reveal their role on day one, something you said you didn't like to see.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:26 am

Post by Maximumum »

Double post to add:
Mod, WAY to much information. :P
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:40 am

Post by Maximumum »

Waiting to hear if Strykker will come up with people he blocked during the night.

Does anyone know what movie roland's "Ben" came from?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:20 am

Post by Maximumum »

Mod, could you please let us know which movie the "Ben" character is from?
I just want to check if there is a relationship between the character roland claimed and his actual character...although I checked and there is no "Ben" in
The Ring
It could be helpful when looking at the Strykker claim.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:09 am

Post by Maximumum »

I don't think you look like a demon in that one, just reallly giddy. I imagine you giggling....no tittering....when I see that.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:55 am

Post by Maximumum »

I believe d_rouge to be innocent but I won't reveal anything until he checks in here. With zu_faul, Nightfall and Foolster pretty much all cleared that leaves just HezLucky and BabyJesus as possibilities and they were both high on Foolster's scum-o-meter.
BJ's confusion about the GGs being the BGs in this game is like a deja vu from day one. Since you are willing to claim character I think it would be a good idea.
I'm also going to but pressure on the other guy I'm unsure of and
vote: HezLucky

Anyone have any ideas about the "sexy silhouette" in the night scene? It really doesn't sound like Ripley from Aliens. She was never seen carrying a "tiny bag" and never "cooed".
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:53 am

Post by Maximumum »

I think I know where Nightfall is going with his request so I'll claim my character. I'm Michael Myers of the Hallowe'en Movies.
Does this help you, Nightfall?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:24 am

Post by Maximumum »

We're masons. He is Leatherface and I'm Michael Myers. That just leaves HezLucky, right?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:23 am

Post by Maximumum »

Were just normal masons, no special abilities.
Ok, looking at the safe claims that our scum were given they were all from more recent horror films

roland: Samara, The Ring
Strykker: Ghostface, Scream

Now HezLucky is claiming to be from the Blair Witch Project. That fits with the "new horror" theme.
Mod said noone counter-claimed cop, so Foolster probably was a cop. Were there any other doc roles out there?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:38 am

Post by Maximumum »

Thanks Sapphire!

It was a fun game. I loved the "busty blonde" SK role. That was great.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”