StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:40 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I wasn't voting for someone the player I was voting for someone the reference made in the nightkill description.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I'm gonna be gone until sunday, if I can find an internet portal to communicate then I shall do so.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:49 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Nightfall that is such BS, I found an internet portal at this damn hotel.

I'm cloging up the thread by letting you all know that I'm not going to be in town for a while and probably wont be able to post?

That's freakin stupid.
FOS: Nightfall
for the worst, and by far the scummiest, accusation I've heard all month.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I was gonna have a bunch of stuff to say about Nightfall's trying to shift attention to me but I get back and find everybody else shares my sentiments already.

I'll say it right now, I think Nightfall is scum, not because of what he's tried to pin on me as scummy, but because after he gets questioned instead of continuing his campaign on me, as a true member of the town would, he instead focuses on saving himself, just like a member of the mafia would.

Vote: Nightfall
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:56 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I don't buy it at all. Dracula is only up and about during the night which is why he's only accessible to kill then. I've never seen a dracula movie where he's been defeated during the daytime. It would make more sense if you said that you couldnt be lynched because your character doesn't come out into the daylight or something like that. My vote stays.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:16 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

The Mod set up the game so that the town is comprised of killers and the scum would be the innocent characters in the storyline. Notice the first guy dead is Jack Torrance.

rajrhcpfreak, I'm sorry if my two posts against Nightfall mean that I'm pushing the most for his lynch. I just don't believe his claim. If you have a problem with that then it's fine but it doesnt mean his death is on MY hands by any means. We lynch as a town, not as one guy. Or have you forgotten already how mafia works?
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

d_rouge, I know that because the mod told me and she told me that she was going to tell the whole town. You guys can ask her yourselfs if you want to confirm this.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:17 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

besides that. JACK FREAKING TORRANCE IS A TOWNIE. WE HAVE SOMEONE TRYING TO CLAIM DRACULA AS A GOOD GUY.

The setup is OBVIOUS.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

zu_faul,

Stick Thug Makes Hard fast tired on the street.

That made no sense. Does that mean you should lynch me for it?

Your logic is flawed sir.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:52 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

ok perhaps I've gotten a little confused as well in this situation. Let me answer your guys questions.

1. I too would like to hear Stryker's Explination. He keeps saying that nightfall is scum, but keeps spouting information to the contrary.

The information to the contrary I assume means my explination of how the setup of the game is. This isnt what it seems, I believe that NightFall is scum because I don't believe his claim. I think it sounds like a safeclaim that he wasnt absolutely sure what to do with and it has some holes in it.

My using it in the explaination of the game is simply a point that if the game was setup with the bad guys being the bad guys then Jack Torrance would not make sense as a townie, and Dracula would be suicide to claim.

I'm not seeing any more direct questions aimed at me but if there are more please ask them and I will have no problem clarifying.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:26 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

The Number 1 reason I don't believe you claim is because it feels to me like a role you made up yourself as opposed to a role that was given to you. All the scum have safe claims and to me that feels like one of them.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:16 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I really don't like the cop coming out this early but a guilty investigation is a guilty investigation.

I'm not going to vote yet however until everyone checks in. We can't just trust him cause he says he's the cop, he probably is but I'd still like to hold back and wait for a counter-claim.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:56 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

ok so far all the people voting me are voting me for "yesterday's actions" seeing as I am the one who performed these actions I am not going to find them scummy, so before i post any more i would like someone to actually tell me what I did that was scum-like in nature.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:50 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Maximumum wrote: First, his total refusal to consider Nightfall's claim of Dracula. He starts poking holes in it as soon as it comes out. He started that whole confusing "JACK FREAKING TORRANCE IS A TOWNIE WE HAVE SOMEONE TRYING TO CLAIM DRACULA AS A GOOD GUY The setup is OBVIOUS" reasoning for not believing the claim even though Jack Torrance being a townie in this game would support Dracula being a good guy.

Not believeing Nightfalls claim had nothing to do with the setup of the game. I used my Setup is obvious speech to explain why I thought it would make sense for scum to try and claim a role such as dracula, where as in any other game setup Dracula is almost automatically scum. This does not say that I believe Nightfall it says that I understand why he claimed Dracula. I believe this was brought on by somebody asking about Dracula and speculating that he should be a badguy.

I did not poke holes in Nightfalls claim, I looked through the ones he left there himself.
Maximumum wrote:He says he thinks Nightfall made up the claim himself then in the next sentence says sounds like the mod gave it to him...which is it?
Both actually, in my experience with Safe claims the mod doesn't generally give you a whole extra fake role description. Just a name, then you should have to make up a role for that name. It sounds like the role name, i.e. Dracula was given to him, and the ability, i.e. all the stuff he said, was made up by him to try and sound believable.

Maximumum wrote:Again, contradictory. He doesn't like the cop coming out this early but encourages a counter-claim, essentially asking any other cop to come out.
The cop came out early. That's bad. Who else agrees? On the plus side, he had a guilty investigation. This is good. However any asshole could say "I'm a cop he's guilty" so I would rather wait until most people have checked in because if he isn't the cop. Or if he is and scum try and counter-claim. We have then found ourselves some scum instead of just listining to the one guy blindly and letting the wolf lead the sheep to the pack.

In the end I wasn't trying to get more roles out in the open, I was just trying to stay on the side of caution. The cop has been revealed. There is now no way that that's not true. Because if he is the cop then that's that, and if he's not the cop and the real one doesn't come out then we're following a wolf and the cop would not be smart to let us do that.

And if Foolster did in fact investigate Nightfall, and he is in fact the cop, then I guess I was wrong about his role being bogus. My bad.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Chill out chill out we're here.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

d_rouge wrote:Strykker was obviously fishing for claims.
I wanted to wait to see if he was counter claimed. I never once asked anybody to claim. I never said, hey lets all claim our roles. I waited. For 1 person to say he's not the cop. I didn't ask anybody specific because if nobody said that then he was cleared as the cop. If someone did come out, then we probably found a scum. In every game this size I've ever been in there has only been one cop. It's usually a safe assumtion. If I'm wrong about that I'm sorry.

Since I am so close to a lynch I guess I will claim.

I am Ghostface from the Scream trilogy. (scary huh?)

I'm a roleblocker.

Any other questions?
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:18 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I chose not to block anybody night 1, I had no real information about anybody and my odds of blocking a doc or cop were just as good as blocking scum.

As to my character not making sense with my role, what would you like ghostface to be? A Serial Killer like he was in the movie? That wouldn't really fit with the theme of the game now would it?
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:57 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Nightfall wrote:Why would you think Dracula would be a safe claim though, and not a real one?
Ignoring for the time being whatever I would say as my powers?
Is there a reason you would think Dracula would be a safe claim role for someone, as opposed to a real role?
Because the description you gave of the character did not seem to make alot of sense for the character you described. I'm pretty sure I've said this before (This is the question you've been begging me to answer right?)

I'm not sure there is anything left I can say in my defense. I didn't really do anything scummy I just voiced my opinion on things that were happening. Nightfall didn't like the fact that I thought his claim was bogus and turned it on me. He'd have done the same thing to anybody else who did that to him.

As for who I blocked night 2. I blocked Nightfall. I didn't look too deeply into this at first because I noticed that only 1 kill has happened each night. Now I can't verify that there is both a Serial Killer and a Mafia in this game but knowing the Mod (and I do) I would say that it's likely. I cannot explain what happened night 1 with there being only 1 kill, but night 2 I'm inclined to believe I blocked Nightfalls kill.

But go head and believe Nightfall if you guys will. I haven't heard anybody counter-claim roleblocker. It's not like it's the kind of role you really wanna keep a secret.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Honestly, If you had only claimed Dracula, nothing else, it would not stand out as suspicious to me in the least. It was the description of the characters role that stood out as suspicious to me.

I'll agree that the Scary Movie killer does fit the role of Serial Killer, but in a game where the bad guys are the good guys I doubt his SK qualities would be of much use. Being a roleblocker, I can't say that I understand the reasoning in it exactly. But that's the hand I was dealt and I'm just telling you guys how it is. Believe me or don't it's what the games about, I'm just saying that I believe that Nightfall is scum, based on his claim, based on his overdefensiveness, and based on the fact that I roleblocked him last night and there was only one kill.

But like I said, there was only 1 kill night 1 also. It's possible that there is only 1 kill group in the town. On the other hand the basic mafia setup includes a mafia, a serial killer, and a number of pro-town roles. So I think in the big scheme of things it;s more likely that there is an SK out there and that I roleblocked either him, or the mafia member responsible for doing the kill.
I miss Puzzle.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”