Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Vi »

1. Titles should be an expression of the wearer's individuality. They are certainly not an entitlement, for long-standing scummers or otherwise. If you want a title, get noticed (and not for "hey I don't have a title yet").

2. The Title Fairy should be a passive administrator, willing to suggest better titles if the nominated one isn't up to personal par but only ready to veto blatantly harmful titles. *griping about KittyMo's title goes here*

3. 100 game posts is fine. People who don't have 100 posts are rarely worthy of a title. Not everyone who has 100 posts gets a title anyway. And the base requirement keeps random newbies from showing up expecting something.

4. I don't think a limit is necessary. The people who make spammy or insulting title nominations are the same people who make spammy or insulting posts in GD, etc.; they should therefore already be "dealt with".

5. Removing titles after a certain length of time seems like an unnecessary duty, as the title isn't hurting anyone on an inactive account and people are still likely to say "oh that title has already been done". Removing titles after bans, etc. would be considerable.

6. The person who has to wear the title should have to accept it. (not referring to JDodge's brand of
ACCEPT IT
)

7. It's a place to suggest titles. If discussion of some kind arises out of it, that's no different from your average GD topic. If some of that "discussion" is utter garbage and needs to be split into a mysterious garbage thread invisible to the ordinary user, that's no different either.

8. Titles should be given for stuff that happens onsite. Everyone visits mafiascum. Not everyone visits scumchat. I would be fine with GD-based titles.

9. I like the title thread in Site Ideas simply because n00bs likely won't look here and ask for a title.

10. The Title Fairy was chosen for a reason and theoretically can do what they want within mith's good graces. This topic was a thoughtful idea.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:I don't have nearly enough mental energy to discuss this, but my quick suggestion is that you suspend all nominations until a conclusion is reached ITT.
Is it really that serious? There are no nominations to suspend, anyway.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Player Titles”