Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

shaft.ed wrote:1. Titles should partially be a way of informally cataloging something interesting that happened to or because of a member of the site. And partially as a badge of honor that the recipient is somehow a significant member of the community.

2. The Title Fairy is "a way to make sure crap titles don't get through by his own judgment as an appointed official."
I could not have said these two better.

3. Between 1 and 3 games on site seems fine with me.

4. TF should be free to ignore any and all 'insulting' titles from people who continually suggest them. They should also have editing powers on the thread to reduce spam. Any problems above and beyond that probably needs mith's interference.

5. They can be removed anytime the recipient requests, and can change as needed, but probably not more than twice a year. If it has to change more often than that, it probably wasn't a very good title to begin with.

6. Recipients should have carte blanche to refuse titles, no reasoning necessary. Anyone badgering people to accept them should see #4.

7. I currently treat the Title Fairy thread as I would any thread in the GD. So I think joking around in it is acceptable as long as it doesn't get offensive. That can and should be changed if the Title Fairy so desires it to be.

8. I vastly prefer titles that have to do with behavior on the site; scumchat/IRC behavior deserves to be recognized there, not here. Name-based or avatar-based titles have to be exceptionally clever to make me approve of them.

9. Not picky, but not MD. News? Site Ideas seems fine.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ether wrote:
Ether wrote:I forget what I was going to say second, but I think it was a shout-out to the "here is a quirk of this person that might be title worthy; let us all try to come up with a witty-sounding spin on it and drop it if we can't" approach.
Update: that wasn't the second thing at all. It's that when someone has a great new gimmick, people should
wait
two weeks or so and see if it can stick even that long. I think a lot of title nominations jump the gun. (Titles for funny things in completed games are a different story, of course.)
I *really* am beginning to like this idea. [/downer]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oman wrote:I was thinking about some sort of title review period. A month after a title is approved, a post is made "hey guys, what do we think of X title for Y?" just to check whether or not the title has had staying power over that month.
I think it'll be more of a pain in the butt than the benefit it'll give.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, I just dredged up this epic post by newbOman.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 673#966673
:lol:

Return to “Player Titles”