Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Ythill »

1. Agreeing with shaft. A title should designate someone who has become a well-known member of the community. Also, they should usually be reserved for main accounts.

2. I believe that the title fairy should play an active role in sifting through the title noms and preventing crap-titles. I also believe the role should be a committee rather than a single person.

3. I think limits should be minimal. With an attentive title fairy and responsible noming, limits become an arbitrary thing that works against the process: an obstacle to the scummer who actually deserves a title despite not yet qualifying for one and a false sense of entitlement for the scummer who qualifies but does not deserve one.

4. I think the site rules suffice.

5. I don't think we need to define the life of a title. It should remain until a better one is suggested, though I do think it should be easier to change someone's title if they already have one than it is for an untitled scummer to get his first.

6. People should absolutely be able to veto a title. Those who abuse this by continually vetoing perfectly acceptable titles should simply not get one.

7. Serious title business. But like all things MS, we should have leeway to make a joke or three as long as posts generally stay on topic.

8. I think titles can and should be based on all forms of content. However, I feel like a title should never be based on a single post or a username pun.

9. Site Ideas is good. I think it minimizes the spamming.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG

Return to “Player Titles”