Mind Screw Mafia 4 (Day 4, Two More Dead!)

Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Hey look, the game's started! I can't wait to see what crazy mind screw Tar has in store for us this time.

Well, besides the obvious that is:

Oh, and
Vote: Chairman Mao
. Finding Chairman Mao would reveal the rules in the last three games, so surely lynching him here will do the same!
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Azazel wrote:Now, I've never played a Mind Screw game before, but why was lynching the mod profitable in other Mind Screw games? Pardon my ignorance.
Mind Screw 1: Lynching Tar would reveal that Tar wasn't in the game and wouldn't end the day.
Mind Screw 2: Tar was Chairman Mao, so lynching him = removing Rule 0.
Mind Screw 3: Tar = Mod SK.

Tar lynch is a very good idea - only question is, should we lynch him or his Chairman Mao alt first?
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Seraphim wrote:Hey, FJ, this is Mind Screw, get used to it.
How about not, considering that incessant setup speculation was a big reason why Town lost Mind Screw 3 so horribly.

Just because this is Mind Screw doesn't mean that we shouldn't be hunting scum.
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Candle Jack »

hp [leaves] wrote:I personally think that it will have a negative effect on town, just like in Mind Screw Gaiden, where Nat was a Super Saint Beloved Princess.

Also I'd like to add

DON'T SAY MY NAME!
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Kinetic wrote:This is a majorly scummy post because of all the assumptions that are made, half of which are baseless:
Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:First off, it's just about guaranteed that either Tar or Mao are lynchable.
Assumption: The mod and mod backup account are lynchable.

Fact: It is true, based on previous Mind Screw Games the mod account was a player and lynchable. This is the first time with such a back up account. Saying that one of two might be lynchable maybe correct, except what happens if you lynch the wrong one? Does the town lose a lynch then?
Now, I'm not sure lynching Tar is a good idea because of the message I got. But Mao, on the other hand, is fair game. At the very least, by lynching or trying to lynch Mao we will gain information.
Assumption: Tar is a bad lynch, thus Mao is a good lynch.

WRONG. There is very little likeliness of both Tar and Mao both being players and the game being balanced.

Additionally, "information" is vague. Finding out "Hey, lynching Mao doesn't work and loses us a lynch" is technically information. Its also information we don't need to confirm at the cost of a lynch RIGHT NOW.
So can we all just lynch Mao and see what happens from there?
Claim: So, hey, we might gain something. I haven't proved we will, or even if its a good idea, so can we do it anyway?

NO! Emphatically. If these are your reasons they are BAD!
Only scum can gain from keeping the rules secret.
Assumption: The Chairman Mao account = the Chairman Mao character-

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

This is NOT confirmed.

Assumption: The scum know the rules, and thus gain a benefit for keeping them secret.

WRONG WRONG WRONG, Scum are as blind as we are, and sometimes the town roles can make rules to mess with the scum.

Assumption: Secret is always bad.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. Information is at a premium right now, but we cannot do stupid things to gain morsels of information. We need to be smart about what we do. Blindly lynching a secondary mod account is frankly idiotic.

Unless you know something we don't, you're making insane scummy assumptions a townie should not be making.

MFoS: MMM
A valid point, now that you mention it - Chairman Mao makes too much sense as a herring to be Mao. (Unless Tar was counting on this line of reasoning...)

Tar lynch is still probably a good idea, Cobalt feels scummy (at least one of my main accounts - no, I can't tell you who - has played with him before, and he's not playing like I remember), MMM is a village idiot - I'd say newbscum, but Cobalt pushing for that lynch makes me wary - Fraction Jackson is probably like me, and I'll look into Azazel.

Unvote, Vote: Cobalt
for now.
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Kinetic wrote:Its ok, honestly I don't think it matters if you say Candle Jack's name, I mean wha....
What part of DON'T SAY MY NAME do people not understand?
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

dramonic wrote:
Unvote

0_o

This item is the devil I swear.
Comptina Daemonia is the item me and DT have been discussing. I sent it back to him in post 426.
Also, Kinetic, scything people like that is evil.
Do you still have the scyte?
Hmm, that's the second or third time that an ability seems to have mysteriously gone off-target. I wonder - are we dealing with a bunch of redirectors here? Would explain the odd dramonic result and the Comptina Daemonia going missing...

Also, suffer not the claimed Neutral to live.
Vote: animorpherv1
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

After reading over Mind Screw 1, I think I know what's going on here.

We've seen a bunch of abilities that appear to have gone off-target so far. I think that Tar may have revived the Ozmodiar from Mind Screw 1, or at least the auto-redirecting part... in which case the reason abilities have been acting so weird is because they've been redirected.

This is easy to test - we'd be targeting the person two player slots below our target on the player list, so the next person to send an ability (I can do so if needed) should consider targeting the person two player slots above his or her target on the player list.

Oh, and Cobalt? Animorph can wait - I think Maemuki just claimed Cult, probably the recruiter to boot. (I have rolebased that there is a Cult in this game and that its win condition is related to Kamina avatars.)

Vote: Maemuki
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Okay, before I forget: Seraphim/Plum/ortolan/Haylen/anyone I missed who was stupid (sorry Tar, but there's too many idiots in the thread for me to be sure I spotted them all) - DON'T SAY MY NAME. Just... don't say it. Period. How clear do I need to make it?

Now, about that requested fullclaim... considering that a confirmed Townie appears to be responsible and one of my abilities is confirmable, I'll go ahead and do so.
I have always been a bystander.

Back in elementary school, the other kids would ask me to play with them, but I would always decline all of them.

With nothing else better to do, I started writing a diary without realizing it. Recording everything I see from a bystander's view... it makes me feel at ease.

Welcome to Mind Screw Mafia 4,
[REDACTED - DON'T SAY THE ACCOUNT NAME]
. You are
Yukiteru (from Mirai Nikki)
, a diary writer who found himself in a game of survival with godhood at stake. You won that game, and tried to remake the world... but instead you found yourself here, in this mindfrak of a reality, with more people trying to kill you. Maybe... if you help... if you win... you can bring your parents back?

You are a
Townie Oracle
. You have the following special abilities:

At Will Abilities:

Vote
- You may vote other players by posting
Vote: PLAYERNAME
in the thread.
Grab Item
- You may grab a loose item by posting
Grab: ITEMNAME
in the thread. If two or more players use this action for the same item, only the first works.
Change Avatar:
You may change your avatar by posting
in the thread. Changing your avatar without posting this will result in [REDACTED - RULE 0].
Change Location
- You may change your location
(your location can be found under your avatar and is set via Profile)
by posting
Location Change
. Changing your location without posting this will result in [REDACTED - RULE 0].
Change Signature
- You may change your signature by posting
Signature Change
in the thread. Changing your signature without posting this will result in [REDACTED - RULE 0].

Passive Abilities:

[REDACTED]
Inheritance
- You know that you have at least one latent ability that can be activated by reaching a specific game state.
Contigency Planning
- Abilities that target you take an extra 400 posts to resolve.
(Abilities on the stack can be prevented by roleblocks, redirects, or other things that alter how abilities resolve.)

Triggered Abilities:

The Wheel of Fate Is Turning
- At the beginning of each day, you will be told a number. You don't know what this number means, but you know it's important.
Function
- You know that the function (8x-7)/(2x+5) has some effect on the game.
Future Diary
- Whenever an ability targets you, you will be informed that it has targeted you and be told its ability class. In addition, when an ability targeting you is prevented you will be informed of that fact.
(The targeted ability types are roleblock, redirect, protection, kill, investigation, and special action.)

Activated Abilities:

Literature Review
- Each day, you may target a player. You will learn that player's flavor text. This is a Rapid Action
(it resolves immediately upon receipt)

Please note that you can use one activated ability of your role and any number of activated abilities of items you control each day.

Win Condition (Town):
You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
I can't expand on the redacted, sorry... but I think there's enough info there for you guys to make an educated guess. (Especially since my role name ISN'T that of He Who Shall Remain Nameless.)

My Wheel of Fate is Turning has spit out the following numbers: 2 (Day 1), 4 (Day 2), 0 (Day 3). No idea what that's all about.

I've used my Literature Review all three days. Tar hasn't gotten back to me with results for today, but I targeted SocioPath Day 1 and Fraction Jackson D2 (was trying to shift to raider D2; both were rather inactive when I targeted them) and got these results respectively:
Hello inner child. I'm the inner babysitter!
Hahahahaha! Isn't this fun? The harlequin dances with the seventh star, and all of you dance according to my whim...
In addition, my Future Diary ability triggered on Day 2 and told me that I was targeted by a Special Action (At Will ability) but that it was prevented. I assume that was whoever tried to pass the Comptina Daemonia to me?

The first quote is from Discworld, IIRC... it's the big reason I noticed the Ozmodiar shift. Not sure what the second one is from, though... got any comments, raider?

Also, before anyone asks: I haven't uncovered any latent abilities yet.

Game thoughts:

- I'm a bit paranoid about the Outsiders; from what I've read, they were townish in Legacy of the Ancients... but what are the odds that Tar made them a scum group or SK in order to screw with our heads?
- Flava Flave is scum and needs to die. Not as sold about SC being scum, but I'll take a second look.
- With the Cult Recruiter gone, I don't think we need to worry too much about DTMaster. (Especially since I'm not sure he's Cult - Maemuki's seemed a bit confused about him not being able to change avatars.)
- Cobalt STILL reads scum. And what's up with those FOUR votes of his, anyways? They've just been steadily increasing all game.

Vote: Flava Flave
for now.
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Fraction Jackson - After double-checking with Tar, I'm allowed to confirm that I am NOT a hydra account. I hadn't actually realized you are a hydra before you mentioned it, though it's kinda obvious now that I think about it.

I traded using this account for a guaranteed position in the game (my main account doesn't appear on the candidate list). Don't ask for more, because I can't provide it.
SocioPath wrote:I suppose so, I was kind of hoping finding flavor info of the people before such from your results so see if it matched up.

But everyone has been saying that everything has been shifted 2.
Then people were confused, saying they didn't know where things were going.
Then people seem to, while trying for the shift of 2, actually target the person they were aimed at.

Those numbers could very well mean the shifting player targets.
This... makes a lot of sense. Especially since it would explain why DTMaster got the Comptina Daemonia back; if Plum tried to send the Comptina Daemonia to the player two slots above me and it shifted down four slots, the Comptina Daemonia would have wound up with... DTMaster.

It would also explain the result Tar just sent me - I think I know what caused that Scumchat effect (though what character would have XylBot flavor text is a different question entirely).
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

First order of business: Wheel of Fate is turning yielded NO result (I was explicitly told that there was no number to give). Given DTMaster's claim, I think the Ozmodiar shift is out of play.

Second order of business: Shotty to the Body definitely used an ability on me. It's apparently a special action. It ALSO apparently forces the use of Kamina glasses as soon as it kicks in - Shotty, care to explain?

Speaking of that...

Third... Cobalt, series claim please.
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1901 (isolation #11) » Fri May 14, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Unexpected v/la ftl.

I'm dropping my investigation for the day on Plum (just in case) - I'll get back to you on that.

I'll catch up ASAP.
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (isolation #12) » Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Candle Jack wrote:Unexpected v/la ftl.

I'm dropping my investigation for the day on Plum (just in case) - I'll get back to you on that.

I'll catch up ASAP.
What do you know, Tar actually gets back to me quickly for a change... here's Plum's flavor text:
""Just a guess, Mr. Allan, but I'd suggest the word you're looking for is "door". Now, please notify the Captain that I'm here. I need to meet with him and the rest of the Command staff ASAP. I assume my usual quarters in the brig are available? I've grown so attached to the place..."

Wait... what the hell? This isn't Babylon 5? What the hell just happened?

How are you going to take over the universe now?"
Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's scum flavor text.
Vote: Plum
You said my name?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”