Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Plum »

/confirm
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Plum »

I sent you a Syreen smooch, Zito.

Vote: Porkens

It's been way too long since we've played, my friend.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Plum »

- I still know nothing about the source game except what I picked up in the first iteration of Spy's game-series.

- Why are you talking about Millers/ship-Millers now?

- I don't find that actually scummy and am wondering why my gut does. This time it's really something not formulating itself into even coherent words so I'll save it for a rainy day or something.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Plum »

I just don't think it's a profitable line of thought until . . . okay, I guess if people are warned now they might be less likely to reveal themselves with guilty investigations, although in that case it's not like there's any truly right play. It's not that I disagree that there's a very good chance of that being the case, just that I saw no profit from bringing it up now and now I see very little profit in it.

PREVIEW EDIT: I prefer Zito's approach of letting people ingest info > declare stuff openly in thread, but that's more a matter of utility than of your alignment. And was not involved with what affected my gut read on you, either, Kast.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Plum »

Porkens wrote:You can trade crew members for fuel with the Thraddash :P
How does that work? You put them in a distiller and welp, out comes fuel? Like in Dune where they distill their dead for their water (dangit, if I don't know enough to geek out to Star Control I'll get my fix some other way)?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Plum »

Nah; I didn't realize until about this point last game and I did fine.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Plum »

I've enjoyed playing with Porkens and Zito and Kast and also with Ani and Dry and if I've played with you and didn't mention you it's not because I disliked playing with you.

Not random voting might be statistically alignment-indicative; I haven't done the research, because it's easier to do a general analysis of the specific instance and the behavior surrounding it.

I have no idea why you're voting Dry-fir and I'm not into mindgames.

I don't know Zito's alignment but because he's behaving this way I'm inclined to believe he's not scum; don't think scum would act as he has.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Merkabah: In this specific situation I think it's not scum-motivated behavior. In other cases I would not equate this with Townieness. Here I do. There's a method to this madness but it's not productive to get into it right now.

Also your username makes Sabbath morning prayers start going through my head. It's uncanny.

I dunno, I see the pros of both styles of votecounts. If you're willing to put in a little more time, every page votecounts give you more info for your effort on how bandwagons shift.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Plum »

CF, why dja like your Zito vote so much, eh?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Plum »

Gamma - To make a blanket statement about that sort of behavior you need statistics. Personally I don't have any strong memories of scum getting caught because they were not voting, but that doesn't say very much. If I were a stats enthusiast, I'd have actually gone through a bunch of games and looked at correlation of pointedly not random voting and frequency of actually being scum. There are plenty who would d that, but not me.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Plum »

Fun fact of the day:sorry, cobbling together both the time and attention span for stuff overall has been hard this week, case in point the fact that I ought to be finishing the conclusion of an English paper right now. But anyway.

... RBT. I'm tempted to just say lynch all claimed bulletproof. Well, not quite; I rarely believe in absolute policies, but the conjoined early info claim followed by early actual claim combined with the fact that the claim
has nothing to do with the claimed info and indicates no way RBT got this info
. Yeah. That.

Skimming for anything useful here.
Porkens wrote:I say we cut Zito open and see how he knows that Plum is town.
I say that we cut you open, stuff you with onions and a bit of rosemary and serve you with an apple in your mouth (though I'll pass on the feast, religious mandates &c.). Really, if I could read you (have I seen you as scum? Crud, I think I have and you're like a few other players. Dang scummy looking simply by playstyle, that's what. I was going to switch my vote to you in this stream-of-consciousness just for that, but I'm already voting for you. This isn't poking around "are you serious, Zito?" This is basically an intent to pressure into revealing information without accompanying general suspicion of Zito stated.

And yet somehow I or my gut is swayed by Gamma's early mini-case against Dry-fit. The vote on Bouncy is rather harsh and . . . self-satisfied? No, I'm not certain why I'm getting that vibe, might have to do with the fact that he doesn't refute Bouncy's reason for why he didn't answer Gamma's questions. Hm, CF, I see, feels similarly.

Porken's explanation for above pressury rolefishery sounds rather like him as Town. I'll go with enough of a Town-gut to balance out the more empirical scumminess of the action because that's just how I'm rolling there.

Am keeping an eye on CF Riot. Bad vibes. Overexplainy is one word for it; I've known that flaw in my own scum play in the past. Also, leaping ahead, he dissects my lurking, and Cruelty's, providing bolded links for impression value but not mentioning that the latest posts he uncovered were both extremely short and the three earlier ones were in a game approaching deadline. He seems to have done what might be called research but not given the Town with his empirical results any analysis or evaluation. Ehhhh.
Porkens wrote:I'll hammer anyone at L-1.
As per usual, captain? Want fries with that?
Riceballtail wrote:
Unvote; Vote:Ani

Gamma is not a threat to the town.
I take it this is new to you, as you were previously voting Gamma? What changed, if you don't mind? Are you trying to mimick Zito for bizarre Town cred?

Cruelty, why vote RBT in Post 140? As opposed to anyone else?

Unvote; Vote: CF Riot

RBT, finish claiming or bad things will happen to your intestines. How fond are you of them?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Plum »

CF, I wasn't uber-concerned by the lurking-tabs post (as evidenced by the 'Ehhhhh' thing - not great but not a hugely concrete scumtell). The long post you make in defense of this point is also ehhhhhh. I read it as very explainy and somewhat more defensive than was called for. Impression value is the 'look, pretty links, see, I'm doing such good scumhunting!' when . . . well, basically what Merkabah said.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm perfectly interested in your real estates, Gamma.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Plum »

Unvote; Vote: RBT

Fight fight fight!

Show up and claim already, RBT.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Is the juice good, Porkens? Squeezed it myself.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Porkens wrote:I didn't get any plum juice :(

my power is now 0/3

were you on either of those ships gamma?
Okay. If anyone did anything which would have prevented me sending some juice to Porkens, I want to know now. If no one responds, scum did it. Because you should have got a wopping four units, man; I certainly lost the amount I was supposed to.
Papa Zito wrote:That's excellent. Not other suggestions atm.
I agree.

Continuing to read here, looks like Cruelty might have blocked my energy shift to Porkens. I guess it's bad on his end, but it's nowhere near a big deal here, and in exchange for possibly exposed scum . . .

Hmmm. Zito, I was planning on something else, but yeah, pick Gamma up if you would.

Cruelty, why protect Porkens? Looking at you, you had a neutral read on him.

I'd lynch Dry-fit or maybe Cruelty at this point, want to let things stew in my mind first though.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Plum »

Nice nice nice catch, Kast.

Vote: Cruelty

Then let us have some answers.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Plum »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 6

cruelty
- 4 - Dry-fit, Kast, Plum, Merkabah - (L-2)

Players not voting: animorpherv1, bouncy.bouncy, CF Riot, cruelty, Gammagooey, Papa Zito, Porkens

Most people are looking extremely Townie; if we have Cruelty here, and I think we do, it'll just be a matter of lynching off the people who don't fit the prob-Town mold.

EDIT: Let's just let Cruelty say something, please. Probably a formality, but I see no downside with an off chance of stuff got messed up realization.

Then, to victory, UNBREAKABLE
ALLIANCE
HIERARCHY!

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, something like that.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay, the Mod corrected my misconception and I apparently only sent you 2 units last Night; I tried to send you more than I had because I didn't realize that something else going on with me used juice too. Anyway. So you got my energy and that's brilliant.

Wanna lynch Dry-fit?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Plum »

Reasonable answer, Cruelty; the Mod corrections seem to absolve you from everything and why didn't I unvote you again?

Unvote; Vote: Dry-fit

Among my no-Town-read-on-him-negative-vibes. Will reread soon and check whether he's the best lynch here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Plum »

If no one takes him by Day 3 dawn. Pro-Town ship =/= pro-Town but it's a good sign and Gamma reads very Town to me. Problem is I don't think I can be the one to pick him up. But I'd be glad if others would make sure it gets done.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Plum »

I contest that Merk's last post made me feel less confident in him than I was previously.

Dry-fit has been unproductive, wishy-washy on the whole RBT thing yesterday, his Cruelty vote was not so super-impressive as to erase this feeling from me. Scummiest-looking guy here, I think. I ought to look up CF Riot in iso, too, but that's most of my major suspicions right there - oh yeah, not especially fond of CF, either.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Plum »

COME ON PEOPLE LET'S NOT BE LAME AND NO-LYNCH.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Plum »

Rocks fall?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Plum »

Mhm. Zito willya make sure to get Gamma - such that your action goes through first, if at all possible?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Plum »

At this point, could it hurt?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Plum »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 5

Merkabah
- 1 - CF Riot - (L-4)

Players not voting: bouncy.bouncy, Gammagooey, Kast, Merkabah, Papa Zito, Plum, Porkens

Wasn't bunking with anyone (bunking?).

Nice to see you draw the scumshot.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay, I know what you mean by bunking. Don't be too confused - I Jettisoned of my own volition.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Plum »

Yup, I ran out of energy. But I don't need more energy to help out the cause. Because you know how happy you were to draw the scum shot, Zito? I can make another Townie have the potential to feel that same rush of euphoria merely by getting picked up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Merk at L-1 but I'm sure Porkens would appreciate having a better shot at hammering than he got yesterday. I'm primed, holding fire for now.

PREVIEW EDIT: ZITO DID YOU GRAB GAMMA LIKE I ASKED? IF NOT, SCUM SHENANIGANS.

Again, need someone to pick me up. Preferably Porkens or maybe Kast (Town/null reads who have room on their ships as far as I know).

That's all.

GREATEST PLAN, DUR.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay but be carful, because last time I came up with a pretty-close to auto-win idea which ended up falling into the worst case scenario for the idea and nearly screwing the Town.

Gamma, any indication as to who picked you up?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Plum »

That was an amazing shot. Should have seen it coming, between Murphy's law and Kmd's proclivity for being scum when he plays with me and me always dying.

/tangent

Glad you got Gamma.

Kast or bouncy or whoever, if you have a bit of energy
to spare
, please pick me up; if not, it's not a big deal but then Porkens is my top townread of the eligible.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Plum »

Porkens, can you be ready to pick me up, please?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Plum »

Porkens wrote:Why isn't your ship blowed up plum?
I think I know what's gone on with my ship, would rather save it for tomorrow, okay?

Gamma - bouncy???

Zito - quicklycnh yea or nay? I'll concede to your judgment here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Plum »

I
know
that Zito's ship was shot at. Unless he actually shot his own ship . . .

I was supposed to have known this yesterday, actually, but Spy forgot to send the PM on time (not a big deal, I've done worse).

Need to run to school, will be on hand to explain other things soon, okay?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Plum »

Wait hold on. We're ignoring Kast why? I mean, I know he's V/LA, but I heard through the grapevine that there's precedent for Spy allowing other Mafia team members to submit their partner's actions in certain situations.

But then that would rule out Kast-SK unless he presubmitted a few Night's worth of actions. Which isn't impossible either, I suppose.

Okay. I
think
I want CF Riot to go first if we massclaim now and Kast still isn't around, but I really am fairly sure that everyone else here (Zito, Gamma, Porkens) is Town.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Plum »

When's Kast going to be back, anyway?

I'd be happy with the above, I guess, but just as happy with you or Porkens after Kast instead of Zito, Gamma.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Plum »

I've explained to Porkens in our QT (so yes I am on his ship) what happened to my ship. I'll explain further when we massclaim; it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but would have been an unnecessary distraction yesterday.

Wait. You don't know whose ship you're on? No QT shared with the pilot? Ask Spy what happens if someone gets sent onto a ship while that ship's pilot jettisons/is killed . . . there may be some explanation there.

If Kast will be back Sunday I vote he goes first.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Plum »

It's not my ship you're on, I'll tell you that right now.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #38) » Mon May 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Plum »

CF Riot wrote:Do you have any explanation or speculation as to why Ani died the night you joined his ship, but you and the ship are still here?
I do.
Ur-Quan Personal Ability from SC Mafia Iteration I wrote:P.) Predator – If you are on a ship with any other players you will kill all of them immediately upon arrival. This includes Hierarchy races.
Definitely an Ur-Quan ability, definitely a scummy as heck ability, fits with everything. I'd bet decent money on this being the case here. And if so, Kast is definitely scum for not having mentioned this when he responded with his full claim.

Ur-Quan scum makes decent sense considering everything including last game, when we had so many Millers it wasn't even funny. And Kast's continued emphasis on "I'M UR-QUAN AND THAT'S A FACT" makes that feel the more right.

Vote: Kast

I'd lynch right now, but I wouldn't object to finishing the massclaim now either.
Kast wrote:I'm not sure what CF Riot is thinking; he apparently knows that I am Ur-Quan and if he really was talking with AM, then he should know that I will be able to prove that. My best guess at the moment is that he was hoping I would still be V/LA and could convince town to lynch me before I can say anything. This suggests lyncher independent.
Nice job insinuating someone else is scum for knowing your race and still believing you to be likely scum. Race =/= alignment, even if you
are
Ur-Quan. Green race can come with red or yellow win condition; red or yellow race can come with green win condition.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #39) » Mon May 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Plum »

OR ZITO.

WHOMSOEVER, REALLY.

Does anyone still want my massclaim stuff?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #40) » Mon May 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Plum »

IDENTIFYING LOTS AND LOST OF TOWNIES FTW.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #41) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Plum »

No, I believed you when you said SpyreX messed up; I just didn't believe you were Town. Mostly because of process of elimination; it wasn't really any bad play on your part.

I was a Druuge. I sent an Invention-thing off to Zito Night 0 and breadcrumbed it - I said I sent him a Syreen smooch, which was passed-off as RVS jokery about or roles in the previous game. Hence he had good reason to believe I was Town, and I didn't see a scumbag I targeted pushing Town-Plum that hard, relatively high risk/low reward maneuver. That helped start pinning down Town, which worked fine over the course of Day 1 (well, I was confident enough in Porkens to send him all my spare energy mostly because he was so candid asking for it) and somewhere along the line Gamma was also looking really good, and then cruelty . . . it became a matter of process-of-elimination. Just goes to show that decent Town-identification and trusting skills can be crucial elements of victory and are generally excellent techniques to develop and employ.

Scum didn't even know that a Traitor n their favor existed? Case in point that there's no standard for that role and there really ought to be.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #42) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Whaaaat?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #43) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Plum »

I knew it would be beneficial to send to someone Night 0 but obviously had no reads. I figured that if I sent it to you and was right (as opposed to everyone else) you'd be the easiest to coordinate with, as we've already had experience. And I was right, though I didn't expect you to go around declaring me Town, but it didn't end up backfiring (partly thanks to me reaching Crimson Corperation Level 2 (ship immunity for normal weapons) before the scum shot made it to me. As far as I can tell.

Did you notice the name of Decker's ship, Zito?

SpyreX - I usually round out an ability description in a Role PM with "This action is preferably submitted in the format
Whatever: Playername
". That way I'll usually get something along those lines which makes me confident enough that both the player and I are on the same page as to what he's trying to do.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #44) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Plum »

I wouldn't have let you lynch Zito though; I'd definitely have lynchied CF Riot first.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”