Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Hello everyone, this is one of my first games on this site. (Enrolled for 2 other games at the same time as well) Pleased to meet you all.

Anyway, just to check a few things. Icerint is the guy that claimed death miller in the inn right?

If so, in case someone else has a similar (miller) role, he/she should speak up now. There are usually no 2 miller roles in 1 game as far as I know. Unless someone speaks up, I would at least hear more from him before he'd get my vote.

I also don't particulary get the case on Dramonic, but thats mostly because I'm not very familiar with Final Fantasy (except part X). However, I do agree that "Something tells me flavour isn't just flavour in this game." caught my eye as well and at least gave me bad vibes. (thats how you guys call it on this site right?)

I would also like to point out this post:

"I have played with both. I know DLA and Iece have also played with ABR in games I modded. Off the top of my head that's all I can remember "

Seems to me that Dramonic is trying to frame DLA and Iece.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Ohh forgot.

vote 17. dramonic
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 am

Post by FC Groningen »

dramonic wrote:
FC Groningen wrote:I would also like to point out this post:

"I have played with both. I know DLA and Iece have also played with ABR in games I modded. Off the top of my head that's all I can remember "

Seems to me that Dramonic is trying to frame DLA and Iece.
Alternatively, it's just a fact?
It just feels unnatural to me that you answer that for others (the others just answered that question for themselves).
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

In this case, I'd be willing to rely on other's information about Final Fantasy, because the only part I've ever played was FFX. Does anyone else agree that this "Ultros" guy might not be evil? I believe someone said that Ultros was an evil boss. Also a death miller claim also seems a relative easy way out and such a claim only works if claimed early.

About Dramonic, keep in mind that he also might have lied about either his role (name).

I also don't really get the votes on Prana by the way.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Glork wrote:Okay, the point I'm trying to get at is this.

If you think he is scum, it shouldn't matter when we lynch him.
If you don't think he is scum, then you shouldn't want him dead at any point.

There are NO grounds for "let's wait a day" or "let's wait until a scum flips" or anything like that. If you are confident enough to want to lynch him on D2 or D3 or whatever, then you should be confident enough to want him lynched NOW.

Devotress wrote:Frankly, the idea of someone who can make someone not have a vote and put us in lylo sooner is very scary and I do want to lynch him, but I'd still rather here the full description of what blind does. It could be something confirmable for all we know..
That doesn't answer my question.

Do you believe Iece is protown?

There MIGHT be an advantage in waiting 1 day. (Assuming we lynch scum today as well.) In case we lynch a death miller today and shows up as scum, we have no information based on who voted for who today. If Iece would be lynch tomorrow (and in case we do lynch scum today), we can either see who jumped on the bandwagon today for a relative easy misslynch or see who protected scum today. That won't be possible if he dies today.

About Iece's role. I think it would be fair to ask him to at least come up with other similar characters that could "blind" as well. And from what I've heard about Ultros so far, I have a hard time to believe that he is vanilla, although I've also never heard about a death miller with other abilities as well.

unvote

I want to hear more before we hammer someone.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:39 am

Post by FC Groningen »

JPSalazar wrote:I think the notion of "waiting a day" is like playing russian roulette, and, thus, not a worthy method of logistics. The fact that as it stands, if all non-votes were tacked on in any which way, a lynch would not be possible, more specific arguments need be brought forth as opposed to pure throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I don't want to hop on a bandwagon yet, though I know some are prodding for some action for those who do not have a vote put in just yet. I'm going to provide a couple bits of introspection.

I still feel that PranaDevil's whole process of explanation is WAY oscattered, and I've yet to have any reason or convincing that they're not scum. Seriously, it was all over the place, and to me, it feels like backtracking. Also, taking into consideration what Devotress said about PranaDevil previously believing Glork was the scummiest person in the game, then swiching over to Iecerint. The one thing that make sense that was posted by PranaDevil, however, were that votes on Dram were simply the fact that he was lightning based and a lightning attack was used.

On the other hand, Iecerint is the most argued point for the Octopus Ink of Blinding attack (yes, I know it's only poorly dramatically named). Groningen mentioned that it would be fair to ask Iecerint to come up with similar characters that could blind as well.

And as a random side note: Did anyone notice Groningen's sig quote by Ghandi (an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind)? How long has that been there? Clue? Or am I reading WAY too much into this?

My sig has been there since I joined the site, which was at the start of the month :wink:

About the bandwagons, I'll see about that tomorrow when less tired.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Iecerint wrote:Devo, do you think I'm mafiascum, SKscum, or any of the above?

For what it's worth, I was well aware that Ultros uses Blind when you fight him. You can be pretty sure of that because my N0 post includes some quotes from the Ultros fight. Consequently, I wouldn't have used Blind having claimed Ultros unless I were forced to (i.e. must use Blind to perform your kill, or something similar), in which case I wouldn't have claimed Ultros, anyway. [/WIFOM]
Meta argument anyone?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

hmm maybe the mod would randomly assign him a team then? Don't know if its common here.

Anyway, it also works the other way around. If there are 2 mafia teams, it might also make having a death miller role in the game unlikely.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 am

Post by FC Groningen »

After reading back, can someone explain me the Prana bandwagon? something with a "stone cold lock"
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:12 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Zodiark13 wrote:
If you want my opinion, I'd say it was even slightly scummy.
Explain please.
I've overlooked this earlier, but why are you answering for Nautilius? You as well asked him how he came to the conclusion that you were town. Nautilius did the same with Glork and Him too by the way. (stating someone is (probably) town without saying why.

About Iece, I'm not sure what to think of him, but I think his death will give us more information if we wait for at least 1 scum to flip. Also, I think the attention was moved rather sudden to Iece on page 5, away from Zodiark.

Unvote. Vote Zodiark
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Devotress wrote:
bill1148 wrote:
Chronopie wrote: --

I think we should wait a day or two (until we hit scum).

Therefore
Unvote
Chronopie wrote:I agree with Dram here.

That flavour based defense sounds more like: "Oh shit, I've been rumbled. Think up an excuse."

Re-vote: Iecerint
unvote

vote Chronopie

When you flip-flop, try to be less conspicuous about it.
Chronopie. What changed to make you decide we shouldn't wait a day or two afterall? (note: the quesion isn't "why is icerint scum")
agreed. This came out of nowhere again.
FOS
on Chronopie
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:47 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Glork wrote:
I'm going to state this as clearly as I possibly can, because if you are protown, you need to understand it as soon as humanly possible.
The good/bad nature of ANY character from the video games has
NOTHING
to do with their alignment in this game. The only use for flavor is to figure out who committed what actions, or who may be lying about their own actions.

Can't it be both? (good/bad nature + flavor) It might be a bit premature to assume nature isn't part of their alignment.

Also, we've talked a lot about the "blind" and the "electrocuted" already, but what about the other night kill? The "Reduced to nothing"? Any leads on that?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 am

Post by FC Groningen »

There are still some guys that haven't voted yet, including Prana. How about we ask them to show a piece of their minds first? I would like to see who you expect and why Prana.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

inHimshallibe wrote:
FC Groningen wrote:There are still some guys that haven't voted yet, including Prana. How about we ask them to show a piece of their minds first? I would like to see who you expect and why Prana.
I think Prana has shown us plenty of his mind of late. :|
He did, but all he did was respond on the subject of flavor. I don't exactly get who he'd be willing to vote and why. Also, where is your promised reply "after work"?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

inHimshallibe wrote:
FC Groningen wrote:There are still some guys that haven't voted yet, including Prana. How about we ask them to show a piece of their minds first? I would like to see who you expect and why Prana.
I think Prana has shown us plenty of his mind of late. :|
He did, but all he did was respond on the subject of flavor. I don't exactly get who he'd be willing to vote and why. Also, where is your promised reply "after work"?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

wolframnhart wrote:@Prana
What is the difference between Zodiarks absence and bv310? or Killa seven for that matter? Is it just the topics that each have/haven't?
zodiark conveniently went off the radar somewhere on page 5 or 6 after being pressured and the focus went back on Iece.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Then again, it probably won't help a lot to have the vote on a guy that is V/LA for a week.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Kdub wrote:According to a search, Zodiark posted in this thread on the morning of the 13th (his OMGUS accusation of Glork), then posted in other threads that night, the following morning (he even /inned for a new game on the 14th), and at two separate times on the 15th. His next post in this game was yesterday (announcing V/LA) and then he posted in another thread again today.

Let's get some more Zodiark votes. I bet he "returns early" from his V/LA if we get him close to a lynch.
He is at L-2 already. Don't hammer him before he gets a chance to respond.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:20 am

Post by FC Groningen »

I might have missed it or forgot it, but where was Zodiark's element stated?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:25 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Actually, Zodiark might not post for another 5 days or something. Not saying that we should hammer, but in case we aren't, we should be prepared to wait 5 days or something before we'd get a reply.

About his claim, its as safe at it can be.

To Inhim: Put me in ISO and you will see I made both cases on people and had an opinion on the matter of Zodiark so I don't see how I didn't share my opinion.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Alright I've read up.

Couldn't have missed the red countdown. Now unless someone ninja'd a vote, I'm willing to vote now to get the count down to 1. (gonna refresh before posting to make sure I don't hit 0)

However, where is it established that the countdown means doom/death? As far as I see it, its pure speculation. (although I certainly don't dare to hit 0 myself right now)

To Glork:
First of all, what is a JOAT? Not common with the abbrevation.
Secondly, wasn't it you that wanted Tidus to claim yesterday? "Only good things will happen, I promise". Why was that? Also, do you have any other reason to believe that Tidus is an evil role except for Wolf's post in the Inn the first night?

About Wolf:
I think its in his favor that he immediately "claimed" crybaby in his first post today. His "fluff" in the inn is noted though.

To Prana:
You've posted your reasons after I posted. I also had reason to suspect Zodiark back then, but you weren't related. Because I suspected Zodiark, doesn't mean I wanted to defend you. I do find it strange that you post something in close to "yeah, what he said" later on, when you had a different reason posted than me.

For the record, my reason was the fact that he "conveniently went off the radar on page 6". Your reason was "OMGUS vote and role speculation" and later the statement that he didn't contribute at all. Nowhere related.

vote Pranadevil

FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

PranaDevil wrote:
1 Name another countdown in the FF games that can happen through an ability (unless Kise deliberately was going to have a countdown day 2 and have something happen, in which case it's not an ability)

2 JOAT = Jack Of All Trades (various 1 use abilities).

And Glork's explained why he wanted Tidus to claim (the fact he'd claimed a Framer ability, and thus was scum). He said that right near the start of the day.

3 You quoted the question aimed at me, and answered it, my reason was given after your statement, so please don't go putting words in my mouth.

unvote; vote: FC

Considering you didn't read what Glork was saying fully, ignored the fact we were waiting in regards to the countdown, and then are trying to swing people onto my case through nothing more than "claiming" your reasons were different to mine.
1 No idea, not familiar with Final Fantasy, but that doesn't rule out other possibilities. Appeal to probability noted.

2 In the Inn yes. I wanted to know if there was more to it than that. I also don't get why you answer this in his stead, especially since you can't provide an answer.

3 So because I quoted the answer, aimed at you, means I couldn't post my suspicions? People would have called you out on it if you didn't answer that question yourself. My post had nothing to do with you. Also, I used your words (read back your own posts) so I don't see how I can put words in your mouth. (post 273) Read that post and see how it matches my case.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Glork wrote:EBWOP: Yes, FC, I said that only good things would happen. Did you expect me to coax a claim out of Tidus by saying "Hey, if you claim, I'm going to get you lynched because I know that you are scum"? I was hoping that if Tidus was dumb enough to blatantly state in the QuickTopic that he is anti-town, that he'd be dumb enough to believe some cock-and-bull story about me having to give him something, and he'd out and claim.
No, just wanted to know if there was more to it than that. Valid point about Wolf by the way. Want to see his reaction first.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 am

Post by FC Groningen »

I don't get it either. You want to tie Wolf and Glork together now?
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

unvote; vote: Antifinity

Can't do anything else now that he is that blatantly rolefishing.

However, despite the fact that BV's case on Chrono didn't make any sense, Chrono did make a very awkward WIFOM defence post after. I would have voted him if Antifinity didn't post something worse after. Its not the first thing that was noted against Chrono, like his tendency to jump on going bandwagons.

FoS: Chrono

Lets also not lose sight on Prana. Still a good back up in case we need to return laer.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Kdub wrote:
FoS: FC Groningen

His last post feels very much like him trying to "play the field", keeping as many options open as possible so he has an excuse for shifting to other wagons later on.

Still not seeing a good reason to move from Iec at the moment.
How so? I clearly ranked them in scummyness in that post. It was my way to summarise the last few pages, without writing another wall of text. (insert reference to other games) Besides, I don't see how its different with what I posted earlier about multiple people. I bet you have more than 1 suspect as well.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #26) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:14 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Kdub wrote:FC:
It was more the way your post was worded that seemed odd to me. It felt like you were trying to hedge your suspicions, waiting to see which wagon was going to take off so you could have an excuse to join any of them.
Antifinity wrote:Icerint voting on both lists is sort of understandable if he really is a "special death miller" since he wants to get any scum killed before himself, even if that means some town die while he waits for that event.
That's not understandable at all because it's a terrible way to play if he really is town. This seems like a weak excuse you are making for him.
Wouldn't I have to switch more often then? Although, I would be ok with more pressure for all of them. I haven't seen Anti respond to the main point (rolefishing) yet, just as Chrono's jumpyness and awkward defence where it wasn't needed. Also, there is Prana that seems to be a constant suspect.

I agree that it more or less appeared that he knew he wasn't going to die in the case he would be the one to cast the last vote, so Prana, in case I've missed it in the last pages, what made you vote? His vote on Glork feels OMGUS, especially if there are better alternatives available. Later admits to setup speculation "but others do it as well". Never been a good argument.

"Of course, when I eventually flip you'll all see that I was being honest. "

Appeal to emotion?

Long story short, I think that as long as we divide our votes over 3 or more people, this game will remain stagnant. Would like to hear from Anti before I'd move my vote. As it stands now, Prana would be my second guess.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #27) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:28 am

Post by FC Groningen »

sorry guys, forgot to post this 2 days ago:

V/LA until 8/5/2010

I'm in Hamburg (Germany/abroard) for a college project that takes a week. I'm afraid I can't post until saturday. Sorry again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”