Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 am

Post by Soundwish »

I confirm that I have read and understood my role PM.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Vote: Exemption

Exempt yourself from
this
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Unvote, vote: Katsuki

Post 31 just rubs me up the wrong way. Makes me angry every time I read it.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Soundwish »

Empking - why is Katsuki more likely to call me an "angry child" as scum than town?
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by Soundwish »

I do not know why you would interpret it as a random vote. For one thing, I had already made a random vote, and making second ones is flat-out anti-town, and for another thing, my post clearly does not read like a random vote at all. Your post really did rub me up the wrong way, and it still makes me angry every time I read it. I find it strange that you assumed it was random.

I should clarify that I think the case that Empking is making against you is not a very good one, and I will probably move my vote when I get a chance to thoroughly read the thread (weekend access is a little restricted).
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Sun May 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by Soundwish »

unvote, vote: Me=Weird
for bringing up the idea of a policy lynch on page 3.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Soundwish »

I am getting the impression that Me=Weird is drifting a little. The whole thing about checking out pman seemed like it was only said so he could be seen to be doing something, especially as he didn't really provide any real thoughts on pman. I am happy with my vote.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by Soundwish »

No post from me today, studying for my last exam tomorrow. Free as a bird after that.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #8) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 am

Post by Soundwish »

Hey, my exams are now over for the summer, so I am going to reread the game and give a more thorough post on my thoughts at this stage.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Soundwish »

So, first thoughts upon looking over the Me=Weird wagon, considering he is closest to lynch with 3 days to go, is that while I still have issues with the policy lynch post and the empty promise of a pman investigation, Exemption and deadjoker's positions on the wagon look scummy.

Mod:
I would like to fourth the request for a deadline extension. If it is granted, I will move my vote to either Exemption or deadjoker (have not decided which one I dislike more yet). If it is not, then I would not object to a Me=Weird deadline lynch.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #10) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Soundwish »

Thanks Hrezs for replacing and Mod for the deadline extension.

unvote, vote: Exemption
for post 89. Looks like an opportunistic jump on my Me=Weird vote.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Soundwish »

Limited Access: my computer refuses to let me onto the internet. Trying to fix. (Am on a friend's computer to post this)
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #12) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by Soundwish »

LA fixed. Disappointed at the lack of support for an Exemption wagon.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #13) » Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Hang on, what is the AC case? Seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. At this point I would go back to Me=Weird for a deadline lynch, but I would really much rather go for Exemption or deadjoker, as I have mentioned before.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #14) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Unsight wrote:
Soundwish wrote:Hang on, what is the AC case? Seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. At this point I would go back to Me=Weird for a deadline lynch, but I would really much rather go for Exemption or deadjoker, as I have mentioned before.
Lots of things will seem to "spring up out of nowhere" when you only post once every two days.

Why Exemption or deadjoker?
That's quite funny, you suggest that my posting rate implies I am not reading the thread, when in fact, you are clearly not reading the thread if you have to ask that question. I have already said that Exemption and deadjoker joined the Me=Weird wagon scummily. I found it curious that this was ignored.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #15) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Soundwish »

AtE = Appeal to Emotion

I probably will not have access again later today, so
unvote, vote: Me=Weird
. This is a pretty frustrating lynch for me, though, as Exemption opportunistically jumped on my original Me=Weird vote and deadjoker's shift from being fine about Me=Weird to damning him for V/LA basically seemed feigned to sound like the majority opinion.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Vote: Exemption

I still think his jump on Me=Weird was highly indicative of opportunist scum.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #17) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Soundwish »

Exemption wrote:At soundwish is there any other reason that you think am scum? You just keep saying the same thing again and again
Repetition doesn't make it any less valid. And you haven't given me any reason to doubt my suspicion. The fact that you chose to attack the circumstances of my allegation rather than the allegation itself is noted.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #18) » Sun May 30, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Soundwish »

Exemption wrote:I doesn't make the accusation less valid no. But it makes the amount of scum hunting you do less valid. All you have done for ages is just say about how you believe me and Deadjoker to have gotten on that band wagon opportunisticly (if you can even call someone with a random vote and one serious one a wagon). surely if you think I am scum there must be more than one dodgy thing I have said/done.
Well, lucky for you that I also find your current attempts to discredit my accusation by saying "all right, but what else have you got?" scummy.

And your point about whether you could call it a wagon is a bad one because your opportunistic vote makes it 3, which with 7 votes to lynch
is
a wagon of note.

More Exemption votes please.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #19) » Sun May 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Soundwish »

AC:

1) I find it funny that a player with the title Goon is throwing out words like "newbscummery".
2) I'm actually an outed alt of a player with over 2500 posts.

I really do not understand why you guys don't want to put more pressure on this guy.

Exemption:

My opinion on deadjoker is the same as it was at the end of yesterday. He is my second suspect.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #20) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Soundwish »

I want to stick up for Empking, his play in this game is
much
better than I have seen from him in previous experience. He is one of the most town players to me at the moment.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Soundwish »

Nearly 24 hours without actual posts. Well played guys.

@deadjoker - what do you think of Exemption attacking the circumstances of my point against him rather than the point itself?

Actually, if everyone could answer that it would be great.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Soundwish »

Exemption wrote:@soundwish: what's the difference between attacking the circumstance instead of the point than attacking the newb part of newbscum rather than the scummy part?
Touché. I didn't address the scum part of the statement because, as I will explain in detail just below, the "newbscum" tag is applied specifically to newbies and so if he realised that I am not a newbie, he may not have reason to think me scummy anymore (I'm not saying he
won't
, just that he
might
, and I can respond to that when he has reconsidered the circumstances.)
Stef wrote:I am surprised that nobody noticed the fact that there was only one kill although the first post says there are two factions.
Noticed, sure, but there is nothing productive to say about it at this time. It's not like it's totally inconceivable that with two factions there can be only one kill. Speculation about last night's kills should be nipped in the bud right now.
Stef wrote:@Soundwish: your postcount is irrelevant. It is not an indicative of skill at mafia. Some have over 5k posts and still play bad. I find it funny that out of all that happened D1 you only find Exemption scummy and evenmore so that while claiming to be an experienced player you go ahead and do something like defend Empking based only on meta and your "impression" that he is being one of the most pro-town players while I don't see it as being the case at all. Also, making a case solely on the Me=Weird wagon without adding anything else is awful considering Me=Weird WAS a decent lynch given his play. He played awful as town and could have been scum just as easily.

I just don't see you having any good cases. Just a few flimsy reasons to try and start a wagon.
I want to be clear, I am
not
saying that "I have over 2.5k posts and therefore I am a great player, so follow me whatever I say". My point is that the "newbscum" label is used to denote things that newbie scum players might do that more experienced players might not. So I was asking him to re-evaluate his thinking based on the knowledge that my actions are not coming from a newbie, seeing as the "newbscum" tag cannot accurately apply. Do you understand what I mean now?

Also, in case you missed, I am also suspicious of deadjoker, which I have mentioned more than once.
Stef wrote:@soundwish: Are you asking me why Exemption isn't defending himself against your point that the vote was opportunistic? That is a circumstantial reason for voting and he defended against it as such. Don't see your point.
Go back and read the post in which he voted for Me=Weird again. He hasn't expressed suspicion about him previously, but just happens to jump on with gusto immediately after I bring up his policy lynch statement and vote to ask about it?
The post reads opportunistic.
It's there in the text, not just the circumstances.

---------------------------

I genuinely don't get why people aren't willing to investigate a hunch by using their votes and instead just assuming that I need cast-iron proof before I can place my vote. My vote is there to dig deeper into it, not to say "that's enough, just lynch him now".

Gah. This is frustrating. I will reread.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Soundwish »

Amish_Charney wrote:Oh, and Soundwish, your point is taken, I'll drop the prefix.
So, what you're saying is that your point stands, even though you called it "newbscummery" originally and now it's just scummy? The whole point of "newbscum" as a term is something that newb scum do that more experienced scum are not likely to do, so if your point applies to me as someone who is not a newb, why did it apply before when you thought I was a newb?

At best here you're ignorantly using terms you do not understand and therefore can't be trusted to know what you mean, and at worse you're actively throwing anything that sticks at me without really caring about what you're trying to say. This makes me want to go back and take another look at the case against you, because this is potential scum behaviour.

@Hrezs: which post did you find forced? In what way?
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Soundwish »

AC, I will respond to the content of your post tomorrow when I have more time, but I haven't insulted you and so I'm a little hurt that you decided to insult me. I don't play mafia for that.

Mod:
please note AC's post 337.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Hey, sorry for needing a prod, I kind of got into a huff about this game after reading AC's post at a bad time. I'm catching up.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Soundwish »

Hey, I am going to reread. I'm sorry but the World Cup is sucking away most of my free time at the moment. (Ooh! Aah! Cote d'Ivoire!)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”