Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

/confirmado. These games must begin.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
vote:Nicodemus
because if anything has been learned, it's safe to lynch him D1.
Lol.

Vote: Nacho
, for winning.

Question answering:
animorpherv1 wrote: # How much experience do you have playing mafia? Please include any off site forums which you play to.
Around 10 games completed and 4/5 ongoing, all here.

# What would you say is your scum meta is?
# What would you say your town meta is?
Don't think my meta differs. Have tended to be a bit lurky lately, but that's due to high number of ongoing games at once, trying to fix that. Some of my reads have a tendency to be based on gut feeling, but also supported by cases.

# Someone just got quicklynched, and is town. What do you do?
Review the wagon and conditions surrounding it. If they are obvscum for the hammer then lynch.

# Same situation, but quicklynched is scum.
Review the wagon for bussing.

# Your #1 scum read got NK'ed last night, and you have no reads on anyone else, and it's LYLO. What do you do?
Reread. If theres already a scumflip then look for interactions.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:42 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Animorpherv1 wrote:@Nikanor:

IMO, if you refuse to answer the question, you have something to hide. I'm thinking he's just hiding that fact because he's lazy.
In some situations yes, but I don't really blame Nacho at all because they weren't exactly the best questions, especially the last two which were only for specific situations, unless they provided you with some other insight into the players that we don't understand?

Looker, why no reason for your vote, regardless if its random or not? Same to muh316.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:11 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nikanor wrote:Who is opposed to an ani lynch today? I want
everyone
to weigh in on this. Failure to do so will put you at the top of my scumlist.
I don't understand exactly why Ani is ready for a lynch today. Basically I'm asking for a summary of the case against him.

I for one understood his original random vote, as all three of us have been in that game at some point. Its kind of pushing the borders of talking about an ongoing game, but still, I don't see how its enough to warrant a lynch.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Okay, something needs to happen.
The scum in this game are kunkstar7, Nachomamma8, and Stethoscope.
GG.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: animorpherv1

For the weak FoS comboed with a failure to vote change. Isn't my being the only person to refuse to answer your random questions a better reason than the one behind your random vote? If not, why the FoS?
Yo bro I'm reaching for a reason not to random vote because I want to take the moral high ground now so I can lead later!
kunkstar7 wrote: Looker, why no reason for your vote, regardless if its random or not? Same to muh316.
Yo bro I'm overreacting to a random vote but I have nothing better to do so hopefully this won't look like paranoia!
Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Stephoscope replaces The1fifi. Please welcome him to the game!
Yo bro I haven't even posted acknowledging my presence in this game, I'm just going to be the lurkerscum of this game!

Any questions?
unvote, vote: kunkstar7
Awesome, follow Parama and we got this game in the bag! <- Not sarcastic.

I view random votes as a way to generate discussion that starts the serious part of the game. By not giving a reason along with your random vote you deny town something to discuss. Since both Looker's and muh's votes went against this tenet I called them out on it.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Random votes can still have a reason... even if its silly. That extra comment is what prompts the discussion in my view.

For example:

1) Vote: Slaxx.
2) Vote: Slaxx because his obvious buddying with Looker is scummy.

Now, both of those are random votes. Yet the second has a reason, even if it is completely bogus and just for lulz. Which would you be more likely to respond to? I would argue that single votes can generate discussion, so you final assumption is incorrect.

Now I see you are going to probably object that the second example is not a random vote. Yet in many mafia games if this was put on the first page it would not be taken seriously, thus is technically a random vote within the context of a game.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:^ This is why I like this guy.

Anyway, I obviously want to hear opinions on the newly formed kunk wagon, specifically Nicodemus and Ani.
My issue with the wagon on myself is overreaction is a subjective view, same as overdefensive. In any case, why are you condoning Nacho's votes without explanation and also don't ask for opinions from Nacho when he hasn't commented either?

Nacho, care to explain yet?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:That is just the way Nacho plays. I have played with him before and he is pretty good at picking out mafia. He is a very striaghtforward player who isnt afraid to throw around his vote and use it to his advantage.

Nacho's thought pattern is clear. He was using his vote as a means of pressuring people who haven't contributed or contributed in a while. He was satisfied with the answer and moved on to the next person. When I feel his vote is uncalled for or I start feeling he isnt contributing, then I will ask him why.
I got Nacho's vote after he posted that, I'm an idiot...
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote: I find the subtle but nevertheless existent concern for the random vote on him unnerving.
I still feel like this is being misrepresented. I am/was not worried about the random vote on me. It was a matter of me seeing two players who simply voted with no reasoning expressed, implied or stated, and asking for their reasoning to generate discussion from those players, who have subsequently avoided talking.

@Nico, I felt like Nacho was just voting randomly without reasoning, which I also called muh and looker out for earlier....,but with Nacho's response, I discovered there was actually implied reasoning, as Slaxx has pointed out.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:50 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

After coming into suspicion I have tried to defend myself against an attack that I believe unjustified, and its active lurking?

In any case, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which side I'm on without bias. Parama was just trying to start discussion, but was reaching with his suspicions. The main point is Parama's sureness of his reads.

@Parama: regarding your 3man scumteams you have called, the intent I get from that post is you are set in your opinion that those are the three scum, lynch them, game over. Yet how can you be so sure of your reads this early into the game with such little interaction?
Nacho wrote:Did anyone else notice Ani's active lurking?
I don't like Steph's posting either, his last response really just shows he's not interested to me. I liked Nico's posts when he's around, but don't like his lurkiness.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

unvote;vote: Looker

Slaxx wrote:Looker is not allowed to do what he just did. Nobody is. FoS: Looker

(if you don't get it, *lurk* *lurk* *lurk* *bandwagon vote without a reason* *lurk* *lurk* *lurk*)
QFT.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Blah, your avatars get me messed up. This whole game I have to constantly keep checking which one is which. Weirdly, I think I directly quoted the post when I wrote that, so I don't know what went on there.

EBWOP:
Parama wrote:Looker is not allowed to do what he just did. Nobody is. FoS: Looker

(if you don't get it, *lurk* *lurk* *lurk* *bandwagon vote without a reason* *lurk* *lurk* *lurk*)
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:The only "defense" he's provided is that my sureness makes me scummier even though I didn't imply absolute sureness.
Honestly, I'm confused at what you are really driving at here. My only defense to what exactly? The rest of the sentence implies that I said you are scummy for something completely unrelated to your reason why I am scum and that was my defense for your suspicion on me?

While I do think that it is suspicious that you can somehow manage to maintain a notion that you have all three scum "nailed" within these pages, I never used that suspicion as a defense against your suspicion of me(which would have basically been OMGUS).

I still believe Looker is a better option right now, until at least he is replaced and shows up/ or shows up himself and explains why he did that last vote and disappeared.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:I seriously can't believe Ani and Parama haven't already been lynched. And I trusted this town too.
Slaxx, I'm not seeing the Parama wagon, so far despite a little reaching I think overall he has been leaning town.

Well, I still wish Looker would show up better, he's one of my top choices. Actually, reviewing my choices for lynches, most would be lurkers, because the more active players all seem townish, Parama's buddying points on Slaxx are poor, if anything it seems to me that Parama is trying once again reaching.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:I'd love to hear Kunk's opinion of the Ani wagon.
It seems to me that ani's play is kinda standard coming from him lately, so for example I've got more of a nulltell from what Nikanor last stated about ani's play. Imo the ani wagon is building more out of a neccessity for a wagon at deadline rather than anything truly scummy.

@Nikanor, why Parama?

Starbuck, your clutching at straws on your attack on Parama now. Nacho was asking a legitimate question, and you avoided it in favor of using it to build your Parama case. I say answer his question, because he probably has some point to make regarding it.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote: Oh one thing.
Stepho is probably town.
Carry on.
Thanks. You say Steph is probably town, but he isn't trusting of CMAR's case on Nikanor, whereas you seem to agree with it. Why the discrepancy?
Stephoscope wrote: His case on Nikanor admittedly makes some sense, but my gut is telling me I shouldn't trust it.
Is this purely a gut feeling or is there something within the case that triggers this response?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:
Starbuck wrote:So you are going to ignore any and all cases on you?

That's pro-town :roll:
You idiot. I can't argue against both cases if arguing against one makes me more guilty according to the other. That's my point. Once you and Nik agree on which of your cases is better, then I'll gladly tear it to shreds, because I have arguments against either case but no argument against both.
CMAR continues to own Nikanor.
If you can argue against both, then argue against both seperately.
Parama wrote:Meta attacks aren't scummy, they're just worthless.
I disagree in this situation, its shown a hipocrasy from Nikanor, one of which he has admitted to.

CMAR wrote:Also, this might be our last ML so I suggest we use it on a scummy target so we don't mess up if we are in lylo tomorrow.
This sounds like you aren't sure of Nikanor's scumminess. If you are willing to push him to lynch then why do still consider that he is a probable mislynch? Some more fencesitting here.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ok, back from my trip.

Some thoughts on whats happened since I left (like the bottom of pg. 15):
Nikanor wrote:We can always just vig him, I suppose.
Awesome rolefishing.
Nikanor wrote:If anyone wants to know why I think that is the scumteam, it is because I drunkenly wrote that in my notes last night, but I can't remember why.
I trust my drunken reasoning, though.
I hate how you copped out of responsibility for your reads with this.
Stephoscope wrote:I don't like your apparently judging posts as to whether or not they're "scumhunting". I am scumhunting every second that I am in a game as town. Every interaction provides something else to analyze. "Anti-town" moves can often win games for town.
Stephoscope wrote:If you're scum, just say so and then we probably won't need a replacement.
Its nice of you to show up. If this is your definition of scumhunting then I find it very poor. Seems more like just commentary than anything. Any reads today? I see a vote on CMAR, for the stated reasons of his case seeming poor and a scummy predeccesor. Why is his predeccesor scummy? What do you think about Looker having flipped town? From your ISO:
Stephoscope wrote:If anything, I'm more convinced he's scum. I'm willing to take the heat tomorrow if he is lynched today and flips town.
How do you think this reflects on you? I'm undecided if this was meant to be so blatant we would ignore it or if you really thought he was scum.
Parama wrote:Conclusions: ~~WIFOM about NK~~
In this case I don't find it productive to speculate about the NK(s) as there are too many possibilities in this situation.
CMAR wrote:I realize that possibly two of the probable 3 scum were likely on the animorph wagon since it was easy to blend in there because it looked like town just trying to get a lynch in. I would like reasons for why you voted animorph and which post(s) you show this reasoning in.
Why do you believe that there are 3 probable scum?
Slaxx wrote:CMAR....How come 2? Could it not be all 3?
Same line of thought, this sentence seems like you know for certain that there are three scum.
FOS: Slaxx & CMAR
, there's no way you can know what the scum setup is unless you are one.

Parama wrote:Also, stop saying the word "meta". There's a new rule - if you say it you get modkilled.
*meta meta meta meta meta*
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:Lol kunk. GENERALLY a 12 person setup has 3 mafia. Are you sure that wasnt a cheap shot because I have expressed some suspicion on you?
No, my statements are detached from the fact that you are voting me :)
I FOS'ed CMAR for the same reason and he hasn't voted me.

Maybe the setup does, maybe it doesn't. Generally isn't enough in my mind to explain the fact that your statement was written as if you were certain that that is the setup, or at least have some hint as to what the ratio is in this game.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nikanor wrote:ALL ABOARD THE STARBUCK EXPRESS! ANYONE WHO HAMMERS GETS A FREE NICKEL!
Vote: Starbuck
<-- Wants a nickel!

Unvote.

I'd say CMAR is probably my top suspect at this point, with lurking, avoiding responding to Nikanor's rebuttal and seeming undue knowledge of the setup.

Vote: CMAR.

Not really seeing the whole Starbuck lynch, want to either give a quick rerun of your case on her or just point me to a post where you did? So far I see some distraction regarding Navy, but I think much of your suspicion on Starbuck Parama stems from her being the main opponent of you early on.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Actually, new plan that makes everyone happy.
Lynch someone like CMAR or kunk, then have Starbuck get vigged tonight. Personally I think we can get more info out of a CMAR or kunk lynch than a Starbuck lynch, and both are nice and scummy anyways.
CMAR get that quote out of your sig

Vig: shoot Starbuck tonight

unvote, vote: kunkstar
This is backtracking to a certain degree(Its backtracking because you said you weren't changing your vote, then you proceed to change your vote and present a plan that leaves your target alive till night). In the previous post you state that Starbuck is the scummiest player at the moment but you are willing to let her go and lynch a lesser suspect because you believe there is a townvig? Some things wrong with this. One, you chose to leave the player you just called scummiest alive for night, and two, you base your decisions on an unproven belief of a vig. There are way too many possibilities in a closed setup for you to be willing to give up your scummiest lynch because you hope there's a town PR that'll kill them off for you. I could see asking a vig to kill your lesser suspect, but the way you stated your plan is bad in my opinion.

Regarding Starbuck's claim, the only problem I have with it is its emotional wording. I for one find the early part of the VT claim as more of a nulltell, considering I have done that myself. I still believe CMAR is a better lynch right now (He's been hiding too much, and I find Nik's side in their argument better), but Nico brings up some interesting stuff on Nikanor that I didn't consider. CMAR > Nikanor > Starbuck.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote: Your assumption is that I suspect you less than I suspect Starbuck, something which I haven't explicitly stated. You were the first strong scum read in this game and definitely right up there with Starbuck. I believe you're scum. The reason why I'm voting you over Starbuck now is because Starbuck's claim makes for a better vig target, plus honestly there's more information to be gotten from you.
For starters, I now believe that if we lynch kunk and he flips scum then Starbuck is probably town. Because kunk is pushing for a Starbuck lynch even though he's never had much reason for it just to save himself.
Parama wrote:I'm not going to backtrack because on the odd chance that you aren't scum you're still the scummiest player here.
I'm not sure how you can get much more explicit than this...

Also I would like to know when I started pushing for a Starbuck lynch, if I recall correctly, I didn't understand the Starbuck lynch to begin with and have expressed at least two other players I wish to see lynched before her.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Your post implies that I should be voting Starbuck over you, which implies you want a Starbuck lynch because you want my vote to be on Starbuck and not you.
My post was implying that following your stated logic you should be voting Starbuck because you stated her as scummiest, yet you turn around and propose a plan that leaves her alive based on, as I said, an unproven belief in a townvig. This has no bearing on who you are voting over Starbuck, you could have voted CMAR instead and the situation would have remained the same. This is more of "your logic is suspicious" rather than "vote starbuck" as you viewed it.

Also you reason for leaving Starbuck alive, because her role is a better vig target, why didn't you mention this in the proposed plan? She had claimed before you made these posts.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:You guys are freaking idiots. A mass claim on day 2. Lmfao. LMFAO.
Shamelessly stolen from Haylen in Mafia 103:

Claim: Double Voter Tree Stump Duck Fire Fighter Backup Flavor Cop.

Slaxx wrote:Lmfao. Okay, so I just ISOed steph and he has done next to nothing the whole day. He threw a little flak around but never really commited to anything behind a CMAR lynched based on the fact that what he says makes sense but his gut says otherwise.
What say you to Parama's earlier comment that Steph is town?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm back.

Unvote, Vote: Nikanor
I know you've been on a roll this game with unexplained votes...but this one can't be explained with "calling out a lurker", so I'm calling enough. Reasons please?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #25) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:So, kunk. Nikanor's miller claim gives you a townier read on him, then?
Why couldn't you just state that in your vote post then? It just seems you are voting then finding reasons to substantiate it.

Regarding the miller claim, I'm more inclined to believe claims, so yes its probably more of a townish read seeing the role. It makes sense in my mind for a miller to claim early.

Steph, do you really believe that CMAR's claim is scummy because of the way he claimed? I'm really seeing you just blowing it out of proportion to substantiate your case against him, that's scummy. Also tunneling on CMAR. What say you to Nikanor's miller claim? The back and forth between Parama/Starbuck?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #26) » Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:What makes an early claim more believable? Not exactly sure where you got that from. Plus, self-aware millers are supposed to claim ASAP.
The original sentence went:
Kunkstar7 wrote:It makes sense in my mind for a
miller
to claim early.
So you answered this with your following sentence by stating that they should claim ASAP. I think Nikanor's claim was within a reasonable time frame and he wasn't under pressure of lynch.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #27) » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

@Mod: Is deadline today Monday, or Wednesday the 5th?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #28) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:15 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Alright, I guess I'm claiming now to help this lynch out if deadline is today. I'm Santa Clara Vanguard, a doctor. I protected Nacho Night 1 as he seemed the towniest through Day 1.

Parama's bribing Starbuck and Slaxx with town cred is horrible, as is Nico's out of nowhere vote.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #29) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:44 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I vote we popcorn massclaim our regiments first, and see if anything interesting arises from that. Kunk would start in that scenario. Then yes, we'll no lynch.
There is only Nacho, Slaxx, Nico, and Steph left to claim regiments. Myself and CMAR have claimed in full.

I would like Steph to claim first.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #30) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:13 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:Does Everyone agree on Steph->Nicodemus->Slaxx->Nacho then?
I thought we were popcorn claiming. Therefore Steph would choose who he wants to claim next.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #31) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:Oh. I didn't know thats how it worked. 0_o

I thought town just agreed on an order.
The problem with town agreeing on an order is scum can influence the list to put themselves in a more favorable position. So each player after they claim chooses one of the remaining unclaimed players who they woud like to claim.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #32) » Thu May 06, 2010 8:11 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CryMeARiver wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Slaxx wrote:Oh. I didn't know thats how it worked. 0_o

I thought town just agreed on an order.
The problem with town agreeing on an order is scum can influence the list to put themselves in a more favorable position. So each player after they claim chooses one of the remaining unclaimed players who they woud like to claim.
But if Steph was scum, could he not still manipulate it?
He can only manipulate the next in line, and if he's scum then good because we want scum locked into the claim early, so they can't claim a random role that no one else has claimed to be safe.

In any case, we are waiting on Steph's claim.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #33) » Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

From the first page...where ToD posted a copy of the vanilla role pm?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #34) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:57 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Nicodemus, claim next. Role not flavor.
Nacho, in the original proposal you said just claim regiments. Are we claiming role only or regiments only, or both?
Steph wrote:There's nothing wrong with being tunneled when the plqyer you're tunneling on is scum. Vote CMAR, please.
I'm pretty sure today we are nolynching with the number of players we have.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #35) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:21 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Stephoscope wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.
Why are you so certain that CMAR is scum? I have yet to see
today
a reasonable explanation
from you
other than "he is scum." If you would kindly recap.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #36) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Stephoscope wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.
Why are you so certain that CMAR is scum? I have yet to see
today
a reasonable explanation
from you
other than "he is scum." If you would kindly recap.
Why do you highlight the word "today"? If I said it yesterday, why wouldn't it still apply?

In fact, it applies more so now that Nikanor flipped town. CMAR's attack on him seemed very much like what I would do if I were scum. Call it gut feel or whatever you want, but sometimes you just know scum when you see it.
Due to the fact that you may have stated it yesterday and I haven't read the past gamedays in a bit, therefore I would have missed it.

Actually, I just did a quick iso on you and I find your points on CMAR quite weak. Reasons I found from you that CMAR is scum:
Steph wrote:His predecessor was scummy. His case on Nikanor admittedly makes some sense, but my gut is telling me I shouldn't trust it.
The Nikanor case makes sense but you shouldn't trust it?
Also the explanation for scummy predeccessor is bad considering what I've seen of muh before.
Steph wrote:Riiight. You couldn't be bothered to check, you know, where townie PMs are normally posted.

CMAR IS SCUM
I still don't see how you believe this is a scum move. He claimed and even provided some flavor that went along with his claim, something that is not in the provided pm.

Wow, how are you even pushing that lynch on these reasons?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #37) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CryMeARiver wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:Alright, I guess I'm claiming now to help this lynch out if deadline is today. I'm Santa Clara Vanguard, a doctor. I protected Nacho Night 1 as he seemed the towniest through Day 1.

Parama's bribing Starbuck and Slaxx with town cred is horrible, as is Nico's out of nowhere vote.
Your protection doesn't have a flavor name does it? (This question is only posed to Kunk)
Flavor please
QFT
I do have a protection flavor name. Asked ToD about outright claiming the actual name and he said that it wouldn't be allowed. It has something to do with like your body and spirit and such. Other comments in my next post.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #38) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:Kunk: What was the meaning behind your very first RVS on nacho when you said "for winning"?
This was a grudge vote from Open.. 209? Nacho was scum and I hesitated on my vote and I ended up getting lynched instead.

Open 185, I think - it was my other game, right? - ToD

Slaxx wrote:Kunk, you were pretty close to a lynch day 1. Explain why you did not claim doctor then, please.
I was at the most at L-2 in Day One. Had I been at L-1 and someone had shown the intention to hammer I would have claimed, but I felt that I wasn't close enough to lynch to claim then. Day 2 I was under pressure of a deadline lynch, where real intention was shown to follow it through.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #39) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote: Is anyone else seeing how EVERYONE's role PM flavor as well as the sample PM flavors are about the drum group itself while his is like an online dating ad? Lynch him please
I have both band flavor, and personal flavor. From the way you say this, you're acting like you don't. Is my assumption false, and if not, why would you say this?
Mine actually does now that I reread it. Something about how I don't care about rankings ever since the judges ranked me second in 1983 when the crowd felt I should have won and now I only care about how I feel after a performance. Now I'm on the biggest stage of my life and I have to improvise.
I don't like the backtracking from this. You attack Steph because of stating some personal flavor as if you didn't have any then when called on it you "reread" your pm and now you have more. At this point I find the reactions to the flavor more important than the actual flavor, (maybe because I know nothing of the DCI.)
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #40) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

:(
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #41) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Hi, I have my scum suspect, but it answers point B) and C) on the questions for Steph, so I'm holding off until he shows up with them.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #42) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Well, I find two options.

1)Steph and CMAR are bussing each other.

It took CMAR until today, and not even until late today to start acknowledging Steph. Now he starts in that Steph has a large chance of being scum:
CMAR wrote:Steth - Has tunneled me with pretty much no reasoning for the past 2 days. Has not provided flavor with his role claim. Has provided a fairly easy role claim. Has suddenly gone absent. Has not contributed much to the town as a whole. Large chance of scum.
On Steph's side, he's basically been tunnelling on CMAR heavily. His case on CMAR has been poor in my opinion, not something that you would be willing to stake the game on, and exclude any other suspects. He could be just hoping that a lynch on CMAR will be enough to clear him from suspicion tomorrow.

2)CMAR and Nico are partners.

CMAR's opinion of Nico:
CMAR wrote:Nico - Hasn't acted protown but based off two things which you will hate, I think he's town. His meta for the game makes sense. In every one of his games as town, he acts this way (unless he's a PR in which he's generally more helpful.) Also, the flavor he provided with his role. It's not something you can just google and it will pop up right away, I tried. But it's definitely true that Frameworks set records in 2002. Unless they got flavor names and descriptions with their fake roles, I don't think he's scum. There is one thing though. They have been the best DCI team of the decade, the Cavaliers. Therefore it is a bit odd that they are only a vanilla townie. Small chance of scum.
He clears Nico off of meta and flavor. As he even admits, these are both poor reasons to clear someone. Yet note the slight opening of his options at the end where he leaves open the chance of Nico being scum, just in case he needs to bus Nico at some point. Even the reason for this small chance of scum is contradictory, as it's the flavor/drum group that provides this opening.

I find it bad that CMAR puts so much into flavor analysis, which is most likely not going to be helpful outside of the reactions to these flavor claims. CMAR's hypocrisy and backtracking when he calls out Steph on the flavor claiming is scummy as well. He first calls out Steph for claiming something that was original, then proceeds to say that he had to "reread" his role pm to find this personal flavor, clearly backtracking. Overall I find one consistency between these two options, CMAR. So that's where my vote is going to be headed.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #43) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Hm, I need to consider a possible Steph/Nico pairing, but I find that less likely than the above two options.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #44) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:43 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CMAR wrote:I find that your number 2 option is hilarious since ever since you answered my flavor question and explained why you didn't claim D1, it almost cleared you in my mind and made Nico my buddy pair with Stethescope.
Is this your only rebuttal? If so, it only reinforces my opinion of you, as you do nothing to refute either of the pairings, just that option 2 is "hilarious."
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #45) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Still working on a Nicodemus replacement. As a reminder, you currently have ~48 hours to achieve a lynch (no reduced threshold at deadline now); should we go to night before a replacement arrives, I will delay the start of Day 4 until we get one.
So no deadline extension? Just seeing how we have to work this.

As things stand now, no, per Rule 7. - ToD
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #46) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

With Nacho V/LA and Nico being replaced, we can't effectively force a lynch without the lynch target selfvoting. There are only three votes available.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #47) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:ive been saying from the beginning id like a NL.

Id rather NL thatn lynch CMAR, but if no one wants that i can stick my vote back on.

unvote
I'm confident enough in my read here on CMAR that I'm willing to go with the lynch on him,
Vote: CMAR.
Tomorrow should be a matter of deciding whether Steph was or was not bussing CMAR.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #48) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:Oh, thats inculdes claim. But I'm pretty sure Nic claimed but I will again.
Ugh, you read the thread
You are right, he claimed Blue Devils, but didnt' give much flavor
Don't make a decent post, post flavor first and now
Wow, that is poor form. Trying to purposely trip up a replacement with flavor claims? Blue Devils hm, what made you think of that regiment? It reminds me of the kill flavor, as both are blue related. I think you just trapped yourself with that, thanks CMAR.

@Slaxx, my only other PR game is Newbie 913.

CMAR's trying to force scumslips based on flavor from Robo is scummy. He just looks like he is trying to force someone else to look scummy to get attention off himself.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #49) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Vote: CMAR

Thanks Steph.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #50) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Barring vote shenanigans, I think this is good game people. If not, well then this game is over for us anyway. Steph, I don't see why you voted in LyLo right off the bat. I didn't even need to defend my not being dead. Thanks robo for finally getting on, I've been refreshing this page for like the past 10 minutes since I saw you get on.

Also CMAR, you might want to post that in the game it was supposed to be in :P.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (isolation #51) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:16 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:Lol what made you guys think I was an SK?
We had Parama as cop due to his softconfirm as town on Steph. Therefore by elimination it left Nacho and Slaxx as the final scum faction, and due to the sacrificed death method we were sure of an SK. Nico thought your "third party" comment was a taunting breadcrumb.

I was sure I was going to be killed by the SK after I claimed doctor, but got lucky. I spent a lot of the first few nights hoping for a cop investigation to clear me.

I really wanted to push for a CMAR lynch yesterday, as I knew a no-lynch would result in me having to go through and defend myself heavily. I fully expected to be lynched today, but Steph's certainty of CMAR pulled through for us.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #52) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Note to Nico/kunk: I have a habit of randomly announcing strong town reads whenever I feel like it. Stepho was obvtown FMPOV.

Also, if I was cop I would've investigated Starbuck - that should've been obvious <_____<

Anyways, NKable SK = bastard modding, for future reference. I'm never playing as a NKable SK ever again. If I get the role I'm replacing out immediately. It's impossible to win is why.
Lol maybe your should avoid announcing strong town reads next time you play as SK ;).

I had a lot of fun playing this one, even with the tense endgame situation, thanks ToD. Also you were right with the sig, I put that on after Nico and I were discussing who was the SK and who was cop.
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”