Scummers Mafia: Greatest Bash? (Game Over, Scum wins?)

Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Niv »

Vote SensFan
for being the only person in the game I remember from 3 years ago, and not confirming.

In other News:

That is all.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Niv »

Why are we voting the claimed miller and not just ignoring it, and if it is scummy, voting it?

Claiming miller should mean NOTHING.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Niv »

Trust me, there will be someone Willing to argue semantics over this.

just 'Cause I'm posting from the side of ignore the miller, dosen't mean the rest of "team miller Lynch" will not decide to say Hi.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Niv »

SensFan wrote:To be clear, if Spy really is a Miller, claiming was 100% correct.
He still needs to go. It's just way too convinient a claim for Scum to be able to dodge Cops all game long.
Bloody hell. do people not get this thing called
ANALYSIS
?????

Ignore the damn claim. if the aforementioned player reads as scum, you vote, if they read as town, do not vote.

In other news, Claimed millers are great Vig Fodder :P

In other news, i like my random vote.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:So you admit to taking a double position...and you don't seem very interested in backing up your statement.

Vote: SensFan
Actually: well: he denied the double position, but it didn't help, as the post was clearly plyig both sides.
SensFan wrote:Let's say you got the role "You are a Cursed Townie. Every Night you are alive, 4 random Town people will die. You win with the Town."

a) Is it correct to claim ASAP?
b) Is it correct for the Town to lynch you ASAP?

Please try to think before posting in the future, and not jump to stupid conclusions.
This has no relation to millers. millers are NOT out right anti-town. this CLEARLY is. although, I advocate this role being Viged if at all possible
animorpherv1 wrote:I'm going to interject into MM/Sens's convoersation to say. PGO should claim, but they don't need to get lynched right away.
WHAT?!?!?!
Diacria wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Diacria wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Care for a reason?
Why FoS, No vote.
I thought he was suspicious, not necessarily scum, as I said in the post.
You don't vote for suspicious people?

This.
dramonic wrote:
SensFan has requested replacement! First on the list for coming in is... Hasdgfas! PMing him now!
Your F***ing Kidding me..... Has, I feel sorry for you.
Diacria wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Diacria wrote:You don't vote for suspicious people?
Sure, but if I voted for everyone I thought was suspicious I'd probably be accused of wagon hopping. Thus, FOS can be used tactically for a variety of good reasons.
Why do you care about what other people think?
And I can't see the difference in situation between where you FOSed Spy and VOTED Sens. Not to mention that was your first post (I think) in the game.
Fos Diacria

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't see any rule where your first post has to be a vote rather than an FOS. Spy didn't rise to the level of a vote imho and Sens did(him asking for a replacement only reaffirms my suspicions).
No. this is not right. and if it is, I'd be VERY ashamed of Sens.
ortolan wrote:SpyreX is very likely town, so is SensFan, I know he takes silly policy positions like that as town.

FoS: MonkeyMan
also
Why would he have different policy as scum? if it's his policy, and it were different, that'd be a pretty blatant meta.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Niv »

ortolan wrote:
Niv wrote:Why would he have different policy as scum? if it's his policy, and it were different, that'd be a pretty blatant meta.
You're right, he probably doesn't have a different policy as scum. Nevertheless I've seen him do something I know he has a propensity to do as town. If you assume people in this game have a roughly 75% chance of being town right off the bat, and you see a player do something that's not explicitly scummy and is leaning town, then it seems a fair conclusion that they are still "probably" town.
UnVote Cow, Vote ortolan
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Niv »

ortolan wrote:
Niv wrote:Why would he have different policy as scum? if it's his policy, and it were different, that'd be a pretty blatant meta.
You're right, he probably doesn't have a different policy as scum. Nevertheless I've seen him do something I know he has a propensity to do as town. If you assume people in this game have a roughly 75% chance of being town right off the bat, and you see a player do something that's not explicitly scummy and is leaning town, then it seems a fair conclusion that they are still "probably" town.
UnVote Cow, Vote ortolan
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Sun May 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Niv »

The Mask wrote:re:ortolan: I am unfavoring to those who try to clear others (be it their scumbuddies, or buddying up in general) off of miniscule instances such as Sens' policies. If anything, that whole situation could have served as nothing other than a note, or reminder, in the event Sens' and his replacement do anything further to help them appear as a likely pro-town slot.

Most could hold a personal view that ort' would not step in for his pal so early in the game. However, with us having a night start, it's common for scum (rather, I myself have done this as scum) to subtly give others a reason to speculate on whether they have guaranteed information (a.k.a. night results). This POV is further supported with ort's opening vote over you, Zaz', accompanied by his question of who you would kill N0.

There may be bonafide town-motivation behind it, or someone of any alignment could feign being an investigator. But, what I'm thinking here is that mafia-ort' is setting himself up to look like a role with a night action that has evidence suggesting Zaz' is probscum, which sneaks upon the rest of us an influence to believe that ort' is trustsworthy for a hefty duration of the game's beginnings. When a mind believes something so long, it's hard to shake off later.
I see where you are comeing from here, but, well, it feels like a big stretch, and requires allot of stars to align.
The Mask wrote:Now, anyone curious as to why I am not voting ort' for this theory: well, ort' needs to establish connections to the rest of his team mates so we know who to look into afterwards. That, and, uh...also because I could be wrong. :)
Ok, so what was the point of this statement. the first half really appears entirely self defeating. you could have just said:
The Mask, Fixed wrote:Now, anyone curious as to why I am not voting ort' for this theory: well,
ort' needs to establish connections to the rest of his team mates so we know who to look into afterwards. That, and, uh...also
because I could be wrong. :)
and whether or not anything could ever come of that, this statement is better off not bieng made.

I hope that made sense.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Niv »

hasdgfas wrote:Post 58: Thank you for some sanity in this conversation regarding millers. Why do you feel sorry for me, Niv? And Sens obviously replaced out for reasons other than people disagreeing with him. Anyone who says otherwise should be lynched for reasons of stupidity.
Because i felt you'd have to deal with the whole "Sens replacement scumtell" which A) is bogus, and B) not defendable by you.

And because he made a post which more than one person thought was scummy, and then replaced out before defending it.
hasdgfas wrote:Post 15: I agree with Sens about alts identifying their main accounts. I WILL vote for you if you don't. If it's going to be announced, mains deserve to be outed.
Why do you feel this way. Alts IMO are great ways to test new theories and playstyles and disprove metas. the loss of anonymity really hurts the Alt principle to begin with.
hasdgfas wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Diacria wrote:No vote because millers need to die. Unless Spy starts MOONBEAMING reaalllly fast.
This makes no sense. If millers need to die, then why not vote? And if he really is a miller, then he's town, and only scum would want townies to die.
Post 80: This is an INCREDIBLY scummy post. A) He is voting Spy. B) It's so obvious that he meant millerclaim that it's just such an obvscum move to add the last sentence.
I wasn't sure what to make of that post When Monkey made it. I can see how it came across as scummy to you, but I personally just felt it came across as stupid.

Also, Unrelated @ Has:

is there a reason you don't use quote tags? Hyperlink Multiquoteing I've always found hard/annoying to read. also, I do know the story of why people call you Cow, but do you prefer it, or would you prefer Has?
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #8) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Niv »

Something tonight or tomorrow morning.

That is all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”