Newbie 958 ~Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Leech »

/confirm
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Leech »

Sorry for the late entry, I've been pretty busy and the site has been absolutely hating me. Anyway, was there an RVS in this game? Did I miss my chance to vote for Incognito for being the center of attention, which is a blatant contradiction to his name?! I think I did... Sad.
LordChronos wrote:Given that Incog has won all of his 8 games as scum, doesn't that mean he is a good player. He has a 7/9 chance to be town, so why do you want to get rid of a good player who is likely to be town?
He's also lost more games as town than he's won. Doesn't that mean he's better at being deceiving than being helpful to the town? You should take all things into consideration.
BrianJ wrote:By the way, I lost my first game as Mafia, so my win rate as a scum is 0%. If anyone wants to vote for me please consider that I am player who is likely to be town and fails at playing for scum side!

We are all more likely to be town, that point is irrelevant. I don't like how you closed that though. "I fail at playing scum" could easily just be a preemptive aversion to pressure. It's null, as I could see both newb town and scum saying that, but I'll keep that comment in mind later.
LordChronos wrote:If they do all of the time, and can provide game links to show this, I would say it is a null tell. I hate RNG votes though because they don't lead to any discussion beyond whether RNG usage is a scumtell.
...Which then turns into a discussion about the reasoning for each player's perspective on the matter, which turns into something else. Yes, the topic itself is pointless, but the topics that get spawned from those topics usually end up being useful. Even RNG votes serve a point in the grande scheme of things. Though, personally, I prefer a heated RVS that turns to discussion quickly. Doesn't seem too RVS'y at the moment, which is nice.
Earlder wrote:I didn't wanna give you your second vote. I guess at this stage, it isn't entirely important, but I feel everyone should have their name thrown around in this stage. It is less helpful to try and generate conversation by voting randomly if not that many people are getting voted. With that thought, I prefered to vote for someone without a vote yet.
We could throw around the names of all the players equally, but that would get us no where fast. I'm a fan of early game bandwagons to put pressure on someone, and see where that goes. This not only shows you how that player will apply to pressure, but how the other players will respond to the wagon, in general.
ThatTumbleweed wrote:Mostly because I don't have any past game experience of my own to rely on. The meta of this is unfamiliar to me and it feels like you're talking over my head.
You think using Meta is silly, because not all players have it on this site? I don't think so, at all. If anything it's a good subject to discuss to get the game going. Also, when someone has played as many games that Incog has, you will eventually notice patterns that will give you a hint to how he plays on each side. While, it's not something I'd lynch for, it's something you should always consider.

Answer me this: I just finished a newbie game where LordChronos was scum, should I forget how he acted in that game here? Or, should I see if he plays differently?
LordChronos wrote:Hypocritical, much?
Misrep an RVS vote, much?
Coach Travis wrote:You're vote seemed random, and you specifically said it was good to start a bandwagon. However, considering we're still in RVS with little actual evidence, to suggest putting multiple votes on one player, which could potentially put them in danger, just comes across as scummy. Also, if you have an actual reason to vote him but never give that reason, that just makes it worse.
You need to worry less about someone getting multiple votes, and more about the benefits from bandwagoning. If someone quick hammers out of the blue, you should thank the scum for being that blatant.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Sun May 23, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Leech »

Picked up my Prod. Sorry about the delay guys, I've been extraordinarily busy. I'll do a quick re-read and give my thoughts.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”