Mini 973: "Bawhston" Brawl (WHAT A WIN!)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Mini 973: "Bawhston" Brawl (WHAT A WIN!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Boston is no stranger to crime and violence, but a heightened sense of organized crime is in the neighborhood. 12 people suspected of being from an out-of-town crime organization are pointed out, but before the police have a chance to intervene, the suspects realize this and are at each other's throats out yelling and screaming at each other in Harvard Yard.

Then one person gets the "brilliant" idea to hang a rope from a tree. Even the Boston police force are too frightened for their own lives to intervene at this point.

You are one of those 12 suspects. If you're truly a Boston faithful, stop this crime organization before Boston is overrun by it!

Game Over

Spoiler: Alive:
havingfitz- SURVIVES!, Vanilla (Town)

Spoiler: Dead:
JacobSavage- Lynched D1, Serial Killer (3rd Party)

xRECKONERx- Shot N1, Vanilla (Town)

TheButtonmen
Radical Hijinx
- Lynched D2, Vanilla (Town)

Furry- Shot N2, Vanilla (Town)

Gwynplaine- Lynched D3, Goon (Mafia)

q21- Shot N3, Vanilla (Town)

Oso- Lynched D4, Vanilla (Town)

Nikanor- Shot N4, Cop (Town)

Midnight's Sorrow
dsister
Slepz
- Shot N5, Vanilla (Town)

Hoopla- Lynched D6, Vengeful (Town)

InflatablePie- Vengekilled D6, Roleblocker (Mafia)

Links:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image[Night 4 - Image removed.]
[Day 5 - Image removed.]Image
ImageImage

This game is a closed setup. Here is the Vanilla Townie PM.
Welcome to Beantown, yabbaguy!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. Beyond the basic ability to vote for the one to lynch, you have no other abilities during Day or Night.

You win when all the infiltrators are dead, and at least one pro-town player remains.

The game thread is [here]. Please reply back acknowledging WHICH role you are, so that I can ensure you have actually read your role PM.
Last edited by Equinox on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 am, edited 40 times in total.
Reason: Night 4 and Day 5 buttons were removed by ImageShack and replaced with advertisements. (Equinox)
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:16 am

Post by yabbaguy »

The Rules of This Game:

Day = Day in the Mafia game (Day 1, 2, 3...), day = real-life day (Sun, Mon, Tues...).

1) DAYS + VOTING
>>> This game will begin with Day (a Day start). Each Day, you all talk, babble, shout, get flustered, defend, dupe, dodge, and eventually Vote for players by posting in the following syntax and bold formatting (Revision 6/20: or with the VOTE tags):
Vote: [legible form of username]
, with the intervening colon and capitalization of vote optional. Quoting is not voting. You can also type
Unvote
to retract your vote and not reassign it (
Unvote: [playername]
is permissible but discouraged due to it easily being confused with a Vote). To switch your vote directly from one person to another, you may merely vote somebody else; I do not need an
Unvote, Vote
. I will post votecounts as close to a daily rate as possible, barring real life struggles or if the activity in the game is low to the point where posting one is unnecessary.

I reserve sole judgment on whether or not a vote should be counted, should a dispute over syntax arise, such as partial bolding, or broken bold tags (both of which typically invalidate the vote). Trickery by fakevoting is cause for the vote counting anyway even if it would otherwise break a syntax rule.

2) LYNCH + TWILIGHT
>>> The instant a majority of alive players (half the bunch, round down, add 1) all have their votes on one person, that person is lynched, and the day automatically goes to Twilight, the time between when the hammer vote comes down and I lock the thread and post the death scene. Everyone, including a lynched player, may still talk, but there's no use Unvoting, because the very moment majority is hit, the result is sealed, whether you like it or not. Sorry.

3) NO LYNCH
>>> For the pacifist in you, you can also
Vote: No Lynch
. If a majority settles on that, we'll jump into Night (after Twilight) without anyone dying.

4) DAY DEADLINE
>>> The Day deadline starts at 3 weeks from the start of the Day for Days 1 and 2, and will drop to 2 weeks for subsequent Days. If it elapses, the town immediately locks in on No Lynch, and we go to Night. It's extendable upon request, but only if I say so. If I don't say so, tough noogies. It's also contractable if I feel discussion is slowing down, but I'll threaten before doing so in that case.

5) NIGHTS
>>> The Night deadline is 3 days. If your Role PM says you've got something to do, do it in that time or you're considered to have slept in and will skip your Night action (or randomized among all eligible targets in the case of a compulsory Night action).

6) PRODDING
>>> I'll prod people after 3 days of inactivity on Days 1 and 2, and after 2 days on subsequent Days. If you don't post in the topic after 2 days of the prod, I'll go replacement hunting. There is no set number of prods before forced replacement, but I reserve the right to replace the habitually prodded. No sleeping during the Day.

I can also prod upon request, provided the implied or stated rationale behind your request is sound. (and it usually is)

7) GOING SOMEWHERE?
>>> Let me know IN THIS TOPIC OR BY PM if you're going to be away for a significant period of time. I’m not one to subscribe daily to the V/LA Gazette (the thread, y'know), so submitting a column up there isn't going to do me any good. I'll deal with V/LA claims on a case-by-case basis, although I'll usually excuse most short-length absences.

8) EGREGIOUS OFFENSES
>>> Do not do any of the following. Committing one of these offenses runs the possibility of being warned, yelled at, blacklisted, publicly humiliated, replaced, and/or modkilled/autolossed, depending on the severity and frequency of the offense.
-You may not post about this game in any other thread as long as it is in progress, nor any other ongoing game in this thread. You also may not carry out private discussions with other players about this game unless your role PM permits it.
-Don't say anything when you're dead. A single, CONTENTLESS post reminiscing about how it sucks to be dead is fine.
-Basic civility is expected of all players. You are probably going to argue, but that does not give you the right to be jerks to each other on a personal level.
-I use a strange hue of
bolded green
, and on occasion
bolded red
. Traces of green and red are allowed be in your post, but if the entirety of one of your posts is green or red, I'm going to have issues with that.
-Make all words in your post easy-to-read. No encryption algorithms or invisible
ink
text.
-Do not quote Mod PMs, or pretend to. I like to keep things on the down-low.
-Do not fake Daykills or other Day actions in topic.
-Play to win. Don't screw your faction up out of boredom or anger. Don't abuse the invocation of this rule either, there are many times when apparent sabotage is strategic. Autolosses may be retroactive at the end of the game if upon review, I feel someone has performed recklessly against their faction's wincon. (so if someone outed their scumbuddies, I may very well finish the game, then punish them after the fact.)

Modkills you personally incur lead to autolosses, meaning you will automatically lose even if your faction goes on to win. Modkills will typically never end a Day.

9) CALL-A-MOD™
>>> If you want me to see or do something, bold it for me to see:
Mod:
I need a votecount. Or...
Mod:
I need to be replaced. Or...
Mod:
I voted for him, not her. Or...
Mod:
I love you.

Feel free to PM me with any concerns about decisions or anything of the like. If I'm right, I'll happily point out that you're wrong. However, if I'm wrong, I'll happily try to make things right. When determining whether to put a message to me in topic or by PM, consider the impact it has on the game. For example, if it's a votecount correction or replacement request, those should generally be in topic. On the other hand, pointing out a player that should be punished is probably better done by PM.

10) PLEASE, ENJOY YOURSELF!
>>> This is a game of great intensity, but one must never forget it is a game of great fun, and (most often) a team game. Don't get overly personal or hold grudges, play to win, and enjoy yourself as much as possible, even if there's a pretty high chance you're going to metaphorically die. So, go team.

11) THE OBLIGATORY ELASTIC CLAUSE
>>> These rules are mutable mid-game if conflict should arise, or if I or someone else notices something abnormal in hindsight. I also have the final say on any conflict's resolution which isn't explicit in the rules.
Last edited by yabbaguy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Roles are randomized and are being distributed now. Remember, when you confirm, please confirm the NAME of your role in your reply back so that I can ensure you actually read your role PM.

UPDATE: Everyone has now confirmed. We'll start around 5/16 at 3 PM EDT (GMT-4) at the latest, but if all the people with pre-game talk indicate they're done talking sooner, we'll begin sooner.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 am

Post by yabbaguy »

The quarreling is beginning. Let's listen in, shall we?

D1: 12 alive, 7 to lynch. Deadline 6/6 @ 10 AM GMT-4

Go!
Last edited by yabbaguy on Fri May 21, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Radical Hijinx
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Radical Hijinx »

Vote:Oso

Never trust a palindrome.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Hoopla »

Claim:
Paranoid Gun Owner

Discuss.
Radical Hijinx
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Radical Hijinx »

Herm. Never been in a game with a PGO before. Let alone someone claiming PGO second post.

My head says policy lynch. My heart gets eaten by WIFOM.

unvote, Vote:Hoopla
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Oso »

Radical Hijinx wrote:Never trust a palindrome.
A palindrome? That's not so bad. It's not like you can spell my name the same forwards and backwards or something really scummy like that.

VOTE:Nikanor

Because he's first on the list and I can't think of any good jokes that use any player's name...not clean ones anyway.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Oso »

Oh, and by the way...Happy Birthday Hoopla.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:14 am

Post by havingfitz »

The game has started?

Vote Furry
for being scum iiirc in everygame I've been in with him.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: LlamaFl...

Erm

Vote: Furry
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Everyone target Hoopla tonight

gg
green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

xRECKONERx wrote:Everyone target Hoopla tonight

gg
Hope your joking - although I wouldn't be surprised.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

gg
Tonight? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Unvote, Vote xRECKONERx
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
Gwynplaine
Gwynplaine
Goon
Gwynplaine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Gwynplaine »

Props to Hoopla for getting us out of the RVS in Post 5. If she really is a PGO, then claiming early on Day 1 might be the right thing to do. Maybe. I'm having a hard time seeing a scum motivation for fakeclaiming straight out of the box like that, other than the obvious.

xRECKONERx has got to be joking, right? It's hard to imagine anybody making that suggestion seriously.

Vote: xRECKONERx
for either acting silly or giving appallingly bad advice.
I'm back
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

Gwynplaine wrote:Props to Hoopla for getting us out of the RVS in Post 5. If she really is a PGO, then claiming early on Day 1 might be the right thing to do.
It is true, and I am happy to share my motivation for claiming in my first post, but I have a vested interest in seeing others' reactions and thoughts first. Reckoner's trying to object, I think. I don't really know. But it would be more helpful for me if he went through the logic in his head right about now. I'm a little disappointed at those that have opted to random vote when I've offered an actual talking point.

Vote: Reckoner
Radical Hijinx
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Radical Hijinx »

I read reckoners reaction as a throwaway joke. Delivered somewhat deadpan but the GG pretty much sold it as not serious. Happy with my Hoopla vote at least untill her motovations are made clearer.

Also did not like those who chose to ignore the Hoopla claim. Seems to me that either they genuinely missed it(in which case they cant read a few posts), felt it was not serious or did not know how to act and so chose to avoid and wait to see what way public opinion went. First two show incompetence and the last comes across as scummy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

gg
Anyone who took this post seriously should do the human gene pool a favor and go kill themselves.
green shirt thursdays
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Oso »

Radical Hijinx wrote:.
Also did not like those who chose to ignore the Hoopla claim. Seems to me that either they genuinely missed it(
in which case they cant read a few posts
), felt it was not serious or did not know how to act and so chose to avoid and wait to see what way public opinion went. First two show
incompetence
and the last comes across as scummy.
Managed to get two logical fallacies for the price of one there didn't we? Ad Hominem and a variation of of a False Dilemma.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but there is at least one other reason that I can think of (possibly more) that someone would choose not to comment on Hoopla's RC right out of the barn like that. I find it disturbing that you have seemingly limited the choices to just three, all of them either denoting either poor game play or outright scumminess.

And since we are out of the RVS it seems,

Unvote
-
Gwynplaine
Gwynplaine
Goon
Gwynplaine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Gwynplaine »

xRECKONERx wrote:

gg
Anyone who took this post seriously should do the human gene pool a favor and go kill themselves.
You planning to start playing the game any time soon, or are you just gonna keep cracking wise?
I'm back
Radical Hijinx
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Radical Hijinx »

I'll conceed the False Dilemma point, perhaps there are other possabilities, I took what I felt to be the most plausible.

Dont feel that calling bad gameplay bad is Ad Hominem however. I am not attacking the person, I am attacking the method. And in this case there is no argument I am attempting to discredit. I am discussing the lack of response altogether.
Radical Hijinx
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Radical Hijinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Radical Hijinx »

Also Oso. Way to STILL fail to address or react to the claim
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Oso »

Radical Hijinx wrote:Also Oso. Way to STILL fail to address or react to the claim
Unfortunately for the both of us I think, you will get no in-depth reaction from me on Hoopla's claim other than this:

Whatever she is doing, it is rather ballsy but there is no context yet for me to put it into the perspective of pro-town or anti-town. There is obviously some direction she is going with it but the direction is not clear to me. The best thing for me to do, at least in my opinion, being that it is early in the game and we have had only half the player's chime in here, is to get out of her way to do whatever it is she is going to do.

Her RC is going to be center stage for most of this game day I'm thinking and there should be a whole wealth of information on the players that can be gathered today to be used in context later in the day and later in the game.

To answer your point as to why I random voted after Hoopla's RC it is because I am more interested in seeing others reactions to her than I am about being worried if I am coming off pro-town or scummy.
-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”