Open 223 - Bird 7/The Jedi Assassins - Game Over!

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I know TheButtonmen from Mini 958. We lynched him Day 1 and he flipped Town Doctor (Why didn't you claim)?

But yeah, looking forward to a great, quick game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

@Nobody Special: The game is going to go relatively fast, even with the three weeks deadline. Unless the deadline was like over a month, this will be faster then normal Mafia games.

Also, by quick game, I don't mean trying to immediately lynch people as soon as possible. I'm just saying I'm looking forward to a Mafia game that will most likely go by fast.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 am

Vote: Horrordude0215

His name reaks of horror, plus Freddy is his avatar.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 am

OpposedForce wrote:Sheesh I make one mistake and suddenly I'm the bad guy.
You're pulling the "It's Not Fair!" card in front of us. If you've commited a scum tell, you've commited a scum tell, there's no way around it.

I'm not going to vote you because the game just started and voting you would put you at L-1, but I will do a
FomS
on you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 am

OpposedForce wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:Sheesh I make one mistake and suddenly I'm the bad guy.
You're pulling the "It's Not Fair!" card in front of us. If you've commited a scum tell, you've commited a scum tell, there's no way around it.

I'm not going to vote you because the game just started and voting you would put you at L-1, but I will do a
FomS
on you.
What?
You're basically saying it isn't fair that you made one mistake and you got suspicion on you. It isn't clear cut, but it is still there.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:51 am

OpposedForce wrote:
Unvote:HorrorDude
Vote:SupersmashBros. Fan
Congratulation. Not only have you blantantly performed an OMGUS vote on me, you have also put me at L-1 on the same day that the game started. Now that's very scummy.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Karma wrote:Hi. I'm Karma. I'm gonna single-handedly win this for town, btw.
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but Mafia is a team game. You have to work together to catch scums. You can't expect to win if you have the "I can do everything!" attitude.
Karma wrote:Like a scum would ever quickhammer you on page 2. Why are you so nervous there, scum?
Because some uninformed person could have accidently (Or worse, scums that intentionally) hammered me at L-1. Quick hammers are usually not good because they give us little information to work on the next Day. Quick hammers happen and they are usually not pretty.
Karma wrote:How was OF skimming? was there something I missed?
OpposedForce in Post #19 said he wanted a horrordude0215 bandwagon going, even thought he didn't have a vote on him. In #20, TheButtonmen called him out because he wasn't voting for horrordude0215 at the time. The next post, OpposedForce made a pretty bad defense, quoting his vote when he clearly knew it was pre-game. As a result, TheButtonmen voted OpposedForce for not reading the thread and coasting, along with Nobody Special. I'm also suspicious of him, but I'm not voting him because the game just started and I don't want to put him at L-1 yet.
Karma wrote:Copper, anything to say considering ou've had a good three days to post
You're skimming. Copper did post pre-game. Also, the game just started today, so aside from the OpposedForce incident that's going on now, there is very little information going around.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 pm

OpposedForce wrote:Also I love how I get voted for placing a L-1 vote yet I'm placed at L-1. Hypocrisy at its finest.
You're skimming again. You are currently at L-2.
OpposedForce wrote:You guys serious about this? Wow just wow. It's something called the RVS where random votes are placed and jokes are thrown around. And no I wasn't aware it was pre-game so oops I guess I'm scum for missing the concept and blatantly trying to cover it up.
How could you not know that it was pre-game? You're one of the most active players in here now. There was clearly no excuse for not reading the thread, for that vote was pre-game, therefore it doesn't count.
TheButtonmen wrote:SSBS why the issues with being / putting people to L-1?
If it gets later in the game when deadline is approaching, then yeah, defindently put a person as L-1 if they're scummy enough to deserve it. However, this is the very first calender day of Day 1 and we have almost no information to work on. Putting someone at L-1 this early in the game could be responsible for causing a mishammer. Thus we go into Day 2 with almost nothing to go on. That's why putting someone at L-1 this early can be considered a good reason for concern.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Karma wrote:Do you think I'm stupid? Give me an example of when someone has gotten quickhammered on page 2. I know they're bad for town, by the way. Nobody would come in and hammer you now, especially when the vote count clearly states "SSBF is at L-1!" So you didn't answer my question, essentially. What are you really nervous about.
Example of a very early quick hammer:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 60#1772760 - Day 1, Page 1
Yeah, accidents do happen and they aren't pretty. Oh and the person that got lynched was town.

Also, to answer your question, what I'm nervous about is getting quick lynched without being able to defend myself or at least claim, like if it's done intentionally by scums or by an uninformed townie. Wouldn't be surprise if one other person thought this way.
Karma wrote:Well that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
*facepalm*
I actually re-read Page 1 to see what happen. Why was it dumb? It looks like a pretty legitimate scum tell from my perspective.
Karma wrote:Bah, I didn't see the time on the mod post saying D1 started this morning. Ignore that. But the last part of your post is bad bad bad - just because the game just started doesn't mean there's nothing to talk about.
There are times where pre-game is enough to start making informed vote, but is it very rare. Most of the time, it's basically us confirming our roles, that's it. Some mods may not even have a pre-game. On most Day one's, we usually have almost no information to go on, thus not enough to make an informed vote.
Karma wrote:What don't you understand about no half-intelligent town OR scum would drop a hammer on page 2?

Oh, and more dodging of my question. Heh.
Like I said, an uninformed townie (Or worse a scum who knows what they're doing) can quick hammer, either intentionally or by accident. It can happen, I've already given an example above.

Oh and I already answered your question in this post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Karma wrote:Hey SSBF you know what I just realized?

When you got put at "L-1" you weren't really at L-1, on account of TBM's misvote. It was just L-2. Then you get mad at OF for skimming. Funny.
Technically, because TheButtonmen did not unvote me, I was at L-1. That accustion is invalid.
Karma wrote:Do explain please.
Explaination below:

Post #19 (By OpposedForce): OpposedForce suggest a bandwagon on horrordude0215. He later said he wasn't serious, but if he was serious about voting Horrordude0215, he should have voted him.

Post #20 (By TheButtonmen): TheButtonmen calls him out for not voting horrordude0215 even thought he propose a bandwagon on him.

Post #21 (By OpposedForce): Response to TheButtonmen by quoting a pre-game vote, which I find as a pretty bad response.

Post #22 (By TheButtonmen): TheButtonmen votes OpposedForce for not reading the thread.

The scummy posts are from OpposedForce (#19 isn't really scummy, but #21 is). The counter attacks mainly came from TheButtonmen.
Karma wrote:I don't appreciate the condescencion. So you're saying you don't think you can scumhunt early in the game? Are you refusing to scumhunt/making excuses for others' refusals to scumhunt?
I'm not saying that at all. As a matter of fact, I'm always trying to scum hunt at any time. The reason why I made that statement is because it is very difficult to make serious votes when there's almost no information in the game.
Karma wrote:Easy way - Claim scum now and bow out with some dignity
That's a terrible suggestion. You will get absolutely no dignity from claiming scum. It means you gave up and that's really anti-town.
Karma wrote:Hard way - hopelessly try and defend yourself until we end up lynching you in a week or so
Even if I get lynched Day 1, I'd rather go the hard way because it shows that I at least put forth some effort into saving myself. Plus you get a lot more dignity that way then giving up.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 am

Karma wrote:Why?
His response to TheButtonmen was basically him quoting a pre-game post. OpposedForce later admitted to not reading the thread, but TheButtonmen called him out first. That post was scummy because he made a pretty poor response by quoting a post that was pre-game.
Karma wrote:More question dodging. You sure you don't want to claim scum? We'll find your buddy tomorrow anyways.
I've already answered your question. Here is the answer to your question, RIGHT above the post I'm quoting:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Even if I get lynched Day 1, I'd rather go the hard way because it shows that I at least put forth some effort into saving myself. Plus you get a lot more dignity that way then giving up.
Nobody Special wrote:Wait. Does an obviously scummy action somehow magically CHANGE as the day goes on?
No it doesn't, but more recent actions are more important then past actions, although they should never be neglected.
Nobody Special wrote:I do understand the need for discussion (and I'm not saying LYNCHNOWNOWNOW) but, seriously, if you see a guy stabbing another guy, what more proof do you need??
I tend to be a little more stable with my serious voting then most people, so it takes me a little while to get a solified read on who I think is acting the scummiest.
Nobody Special wrote:Day 2. Page 28. Obvscum is doing your standard obvscum things.
A) Do you hammer?
That depends on how close it is to the deadline. But with the amount of information probably gather from twenty-eight pages, I'd say yeah.
Nobody Special wrote:B) What do you say (or do) when obvscum flips vanilla town?
I have a variety of answers, but I'll give my two answers for a seven players set-up:

1. If the person flips Vanilla Townie and no scum was hit Day 1. I would be very disappointed that all my efforts would go to waste, as scum has won.
2. If the person flips Vanilla Townie and one scum was hit Day 1. I would be worried about the town as we know we only have one more shot of hitting scum.
Nobody Special wrote:
Day 1. Page 7. Obvscum is doing your standard obvscum things. It's raining outside.
A) Do you hammer?
Like before, it depends on the deadline. But unless it was very close to the deadline, no I wouldn't. Information is Town's best friend, next to lynches and we need to gather as much information as possible.
Nobody Special wrote:B) What do you say (or do) when obvscum flips vanilla town?
If this was a seven players set-up, I would be concerned. We would have only one more chance of hitting scum, otherwise, scum wins.
Nobody Special wrote:Now, tell me the difference in those two scenarios without mentioning the Day or the page number of the thread.
If we've hit no scums Day 1 and we mislynch Day 2, scum wins. If we hit scum Day 1, but mislynch Day 2, we have a lot of information to go on, but town is still at risk for losing. If we hit a townie Day 1, I would be even more concerned because we have not gather nearly as much information to find the other two scums.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Karma wrote:I meant about the OF thing.
Okay then, I'll answer your question.

Skimming is a scum tell. It shows that either you don't really care about the game and/or missing out on valueable information that could be useful later on.
Karma wrote:I know what happened. I know you think it's scummy. Why do you think it's scummy, or "a pretty poor response"?
OpposedForce was skimming his own pre-game post, trying to say to TheButtonmen that he did vote Horrordude0215, but in reality, he didn't because it was pre-game and pre-game votes don't count. This is especially inexcusable because he clearly should have realize it was pre-game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”