Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
8. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
2. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
3. In the case of a tie at deadline, the person who had the most votes before the tie will be lynched.
4. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote: Player).
5. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
7. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
8. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
9. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

Blue
text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if I can't read it, don't post it).
2. Vote counts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
6. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 4th day of no activity. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
9. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don’t leave us hanging!

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

There is a ZERO tolerance policy for personal attacks in this game. I will remove you from the game (possibly without warning) if you get too personal.

Helpful Links:

* Main Wiki Page
* Newbie Guide
* Frequently Asked Questions
* Commonly Used Abbreviations
* Mafia Theory
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 am

Post by wolframnhart »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies

If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players
:
Mod wrote:Mafia

name (a Mafia Goon) and name (who is also a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill.
* You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote:Mafia

name (a Mafia Roleblocker) and name (a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill.
* The Mafia Roleblocker has the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
* The Mafia should send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block (usually along with the kill). If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether the roleblock worked or not.
* The Mafia may communicate privately via QuickTopic up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players
:
Mod wrote:Townie:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
* Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
* At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote:Cop:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
* The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
* In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote:Doctor:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
* If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
* You may not protect yourself.
* In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Last edited by wolframnhart on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:03 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Sending out role pm's. Once all players confirm the game will start.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Finding replacements for two players who have not opened their role pm's. As soon as slots are filled and confirmed we will start the game. Thank you all for your patience.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Replacements have been found, thank you Vayre and Xite91!

The town gathers at City Hall, the debate that will decide the fate of the town will now begin!

Day One Starting Vote Count

Not Voting: Everyone

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT
Last edited by wolframnhart on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #1

Vayre - Orphen
Orphen - Lateralus22, Vayre
Mrdean - rain
Rain - Xite91
Mirhawk - Mrdean

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Computing

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #2

Orphen - Lateralus22, Vayre
Mrdean - rain
Mirhawk - Mrdean
Xite91 - Orphen, Computing
Lateralus22 - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Xite91

No worries about the prod on nacho, was giving him a little extra time due to holiday weekend and am prodding him now. MrDean has asked for replacement and so i will be looking for one now.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Rain wrote:@Mod
When you find a replacement for mrdean, is my vote going to turn into an unvote or would it point to his replacement? Had I the choice, I would prefer the latter, just to get him talking asap. Thank you.
Whenever a person is replaced all votes that were on the previous person stay on that person, in other words and votes on MrDean will be on his replacement.

And speaking of replacement MrDean is replaced by Reverse Simplicity! Welcome and thanks!

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Xite91 wrote:@mod does vayre deserve a prod yet?
No Vayre last posted Sunday at 1:22am, he has until Tuesday @ 1:22am to post before needing a prod.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #3

Orphen - Lateralus22, Vayre, Computing (L-2)
Reverse Simplicity - rain
Mirhawk - Mrdean
Xite91 - Orphen
Lateralus22 - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Xite91

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Just giving a heads up, Computing emailed me and is having Log In problems. I am contacting Mith to have this resolved as quickly as possible, but until then Computing might not be able to post. If it looks like it is taking way too long then I will have to replace Computing unfortunately, but let's hope it doesn't go that far.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #4

Orphen - Vayre, Computing
Mirhawk - Reverse Simplicity, Xite91
Xite91 - Orphen
Lateralus22 - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Rain, Lateralus22

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #5

Xite91 - Orphen
Reverse - Nachomamma8, Vayre

Not Voting: Rain, Lateralus22, Computing, Mirhawk

Lateralus22 has asked to be replaced. I have someone in the wings just going to confirm he still wants to come in.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Thanks Orphen, i thought i missed something just for some reason didnt see it.

Sleepless Assassin replaces Lateralus22! Thanks Sleepless!

Day 1 Vote Count #6

Rain - Orphen
Orphen - Rain

Not Voting: Sleepless_Assassin, Computing, Mirhawk

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #7

Rain - Orphen
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless

Not Voting: Computing, Mirhawk, Reverse

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Sorry everyone, lost access to a computer for a bit there, couldn't even send a message to the back up mod but it's all good now. Sending prods to the following players:
Orphen, Computing, Reverse, Sleepless, and Xite91.

Day 1 Vote Count #8

Rain - Orphen
Reverse - Nachomamma8
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless
Sleepless - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Computing, Reverse, Vayre

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

ATTENTION ALL. I realize there is a big holiday weekend starting today. Because of this
prods will not go out until monday
because I realize how hard it is to post during holidays. HOWEVER the deadline will remain the same, I MIGHT push it back a few days but that will depend on how Monday goes.
Day 1 Vote Count #9

Reverse - Nachomamma8
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless, Orphen
Sleepless - Mirhawk

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I Hope everyone had a fun 4th! Since the holiday came so close to the deadline I believe there was plenty of time before hand to end the day, therefore there will be no extension to the dead line. Prods will go out later today to those that need them.

Day 1 Vote Count #10

Reverse - Nachomamma8
Orphen - Rain, Xite91
Xite91 - Sleepless, Orphen
Sleepless - Mirhawk

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”