Newbie 973: (Day 4)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Brejnev »

You know I've never had a twinkie, do they sell them only in the States?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Brejnev »

It's not my fault i can't find you anywhere comrade
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Brejnev »

Vote: My Milked Eek I do not like your anime/manga style picture comrade, I deem such caricatures as a submission to Japanese cartoons and as a sign that the Japanese are taking over the cartoon industry while already controlling car and electronics industries and even though I have nothing against these people I see this spread of loathsome cartoons as a disease which must be treated with a good dose of voting medicine (you have just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this and I a few minutes, but thanks for reading it anyway :) )
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Brejnev »

oh wait, does the vote have to be in bold?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Brejnev »

in that case
Vote: My Milked Eek
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Brejnev »

but pokemon are cartoons, or at least they were at one point and they are made by Nintendo, which is a Japanese company.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Brejnev »

Video game characters indeed, but cartoony, manga style video game characters...you know what never mind, I'm tired of arguing about pointless topics lol, the vote remains until I find someone more suspicious. Wait a second, you mean to say I can edit my posts, because otherwise I didn't understand the second part of your message.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Brejnev »

In other words I am voting for you because I don't like your picture (which is an extremely stupid reason tbh) but I might as well vote I guess...no hard feelings though right?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Brejnev »

I did...because I did, I don't know why I did, does it even matter?

And hello to you too Chi (hope it's ok to call you that) and yes your presumption is correct comrade, I am not a mafia member (whether you believe me or not is up to you though).
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Brejnev »

Whether I am scum or not is for you to decide, however, I am still not sure if I understand your question correctly (please excuse my brain being slow) because to be entirely precise I voted on my 3rd post and I gave the reason for my vote, as you can see I haven't "sided" with anyone...yet.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Brejnev »

Sooooo would anyone who knows care to answer my first question which was basically, where are twinkies sold?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #58 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Brejnev »

Oh and also, what is wagoning, when you team up with some players and pressure someone?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Brejnev »

Nah you don't have to, I'll learn while playing, and thanks for the google search lol.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #63 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Brejnev »

Wow, I was waiting for someone to accuse me of that lol, so glad you noticed.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #68 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by Brejnev »

so why haven't you voted yet Ant?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #70 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by Brejnev »

As to my going randomly off topic it's just because I like to mess with people and avoid being a slave to all this confusion the game is generating. The reason why it's so confusing (to me at least) is that for every reason you can find why to accuse somebody you can also find just as strong a reason why not to accuse him. With me for example you could accuse me of being scum for going off topic and drawing a lot of attention to myself but you can also choose not to accuse me because of my above explanation. However if for example I was mafia, to what extent might my going off topic be beneficial to my cause. My presumption is because by doing this I ascertain myself as an overly-relaxed townie amidst an atmosphere of paranoia and this I guess makes you suspect me. Aaaaanyway whether you think I have given a valid (and understandable) explanation is up to you, as is whether you think I am scum or not. AND NO I'VE NEVER HAD A TWINKIE SOMETHING FOR WHICH I AM VERY ASHAMED!!!
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #71 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Brejnev »

Oh great, now we have 3 anime style profile pictures, guess I'll have to flip a coin to see who I should vote for.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #75 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Brejnev »

What another one, you know what, flipping coins is not gonna be suitable for all of you, I'll just randomly pick based on a meeny miny mo system.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #76 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Brejnev »

Unvote: My Milked Eek, Vote: Morthas
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #78 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:26 am

Post by Brejnev »

Yeah, you have a point. Equinox seems the most suspicious to me, he started the voting and was the first one to change his vote, yet his reasons for doing so seem logical. Chi is another of my suspects as he seems to be quite aggressive with his voting. He also hasn't defended himself after you guys ganged up on him, however to me he seems (if he is mafia) as either a very experienced or inexperienced player,y et I doubt both of these suspicions as he seems more of a townie to me. And I also suspect you MME, there is some sort of creepy silence looming about you. However, the vote stays as I don't think I have enough evidence to suspect either of the above and so will continue to place random votes.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #82 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:11 am

Post by Brejnev »

Tell me how I can help town and I will
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #83 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Brejnev »

And I guess I was "glad" that twinkie noticed (now I realise that wasn't the right word to use lol) because i was going off topic for a long time but only after like 10 posts or so, on the third page did someone criticise me for that (meaning I expected someone to criticise me for that a long time ago)
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #89 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Brejnev »

So what's your reason for voting for me? And why is Equinox clear now? Your explanations are unsatisfactory comrade. You voting for me seems like a common defense mechanism.
Unvote, Vote: Chihuahua0

Let's keep things in equilibrium.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #91 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Brejnev »

Everyone can be wrong, but I guess you make a good point, oh and by the way what is a robloxianist? (you made that up didn't you?)
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #93 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Brejnev »

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #95 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Brejnev »

Sooo the day phase goes on for a week right? And by that time there must be a majority vote? What would happen if there is no majority vote till then?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #98 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Brejnev »

Oh right, sorry I should have paid more attention before, I'll try finding out answers to stupid questions on my own now sorry, thanks for the info though.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #107 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Brejnev »

I didn't know that you guys wanted an explanation to that statement os badly, that's why I posted it late, and I also thought that you figured that out or at least assumed, so why do you think I said I was glad that twinkie pointed it out?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #108 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Brejnev »

Ok I really want someone to make it clear what does SCUMMY mean?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #111 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Brejnev »

@Zazi , I meant that I guess it's logical to follow the thought processes of the more experienced players as I ( and probably Chi) assumes that they think more and are more familiar with the strategies of the game however, what I said is that even the most experienced person can make mistakes regardless of who he is as after all and especially at this stage this is more or less (or at least I see it as such) a guessing game. I mereley said that I am glad he gave me reason for voting for me even though I pointed out it wasn't the best of reasons.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #112 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Brejnev »

ZazieR wrote:
Brejnev wrote:And I guess I was "glad" that twinkie noticed (now I realise that wasn't the right word to use lol) because i was going off topic for a long time but only after like 10 posts or so, on the third page did someone criticise me for that (meaning I expected someone to criticise me for that a long time ago)
Now this is interesting as after it was pointed out, it took you some time before you mentioned anything you thought was scummy. And with all these thoughts, you also gave a reason that makes it seem why it's not scummy or not worthwile to vote one of them.
I'm asking you why you thought I was glad.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #113 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Brejnev »

I'd also like to know why you guys think I'm acting scummy.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #115 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Brejnev »

Zaz quoted quite a few posts, please tell me which one is exactly the one you have in mind and I will answer for myself, however I don't think it matters anymore because you will find as way to criticise me regardless and I guess I will ultimately be lynched.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #116 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Brejnev »

So, let's say I was mafia, doesn't it seem strange that I haven't teamed up with anyone or seem to be in "bad" relations with almost everyone (meaning everyone suspects me mostly for now, those who don't being offline).
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #117 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Brejnev »

What I'm saying is that am I not being too conspicuous to be mafia, wouldn't mafia try to hide from attention?
Anyway, I have to go for now, won't be back soon, bye and have fun.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #136 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am

Post by Brejnev »

I find it funny how you guys think I'm either a really clever mafia or a dumb townie, and while I am a townie I wouldn't call myself dumb but hey I guess it's the impression I give lol. Anyway, the reaons why I am being so asocial is because like Morthas said I don't take this game seriously, it is a game after all and whatever you say, you cannot convince me that it is not a guessing game, as there is no way in which we can obtain concrete evidence that someone is guilty, we only have gut feelings. And my question was entirely sincere: how can I help town? What can I do to discover who is mafia, how can I judge through reactions EXACTLY whether someone is mafia or not. By the way I stopped voting randomly when I voted for Chi who I am starting to suspect most of all due to his lack of good reasons, his similar to mine relaxed manner and the fact that his posts perhaps second to mine are the shortest posts in this forum. Furthermore I find Twinkie suspicious as well, but that is mostly due to the aggression with shich he answers criticisms though that could very well be a tactic to pressure people. Excuse me if I haven't seen this in any of the posts you guys have posted (I don't take the time to absorb what is written and then quite quickly forget it) so I will ask this innocent question again: Why do you think I am scummy, what have I done to arouse your suspicions? Why can't we have a proper trial in which the defendent is accused, the reasons for which being given, and is given the opportunity to defend themselves? I also want to ask two other direct questions, the first of which is directed at Chi: why are your posts so short?

and the second at twinkie: why are you still voting for me?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #137 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Brejnev »

You may be suspicious that I quoted Morthas who said I was not being serious, as if he said the answer I was looking for as an excuse but I tell you it is the truth and by the way Chi I have another question for you: how do you defend yourself, how will you answer all these posts directed at you, I have at least attempted to defend myself after Equi said I should try and convince town that I am not scum, but how do you answer for yourself?

(I would also like to say sorry if I'm repeating myself, I usually forget what I've said a few sentences back)

Furthermore I would also like to say that as I will be as of tomorrow in another country for a week it will be very hard for me to post if I do post at all and I hope I won't be kicked out of the game because of that (will I?).
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #141 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Brejnev »

Twinkie's outward hostility, or at least that which I percieve is hostility seems to me to be his most disturbing quality which I think is scummy.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #142 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Brejnev »

Excessive quoting is also one type of flooding, especially when the quotes are large and also serves to give the impression of posting a lot even though what is posted is only a repeat of what a person said. In relation to this twinkie's as well as chi's seemingly "large" posts are quite small and I am still awaiting an answer to my question Chi... (I'm annoying you with these row posts aren't I twinkie?)
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #144 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Brejnev »

Dunno, I guess it's your HA and FYI that make it appear as if you have a condescending tone but of course since we are writing and not talking here I cannot know so yeah it is gut...BUT I DON'T LIKE I.
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #151 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Brejnev »

You guys highlighted it so much I guess there is no reason to post it in bold.

But just for the record,
I WILL BE ABSENT FOR A WEEK DURING WHICH I PROBABLY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST
...will I be replaced for this?
Ignorance is Bliss
Brejnev
Brejnev
Ninja
Brejnev
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #156 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Brejnev »

"this week" is from the 22nd to the 29nd, I understand that this has been blatant negligence and misconduct on my part and I'm sorry but I was eager to start my first game and was reassured after you said that the day phase lasts 3 weeks. If I find internet, I will post.
Ignorance is Bliss

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”