Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

This game SUCKS!!! We all know whats gonna happen, I'll call out the scum and Prana accuses me of bussing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Chronopie wrote:I want to know what that 'neighbourhood' thing in the sample VT is...
Prolly we send a PM in and Kise sends it it to out neighbors.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Kise has forsaken us

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Vote: Prana

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Oh God, this caps lock alliance will get annoying.

KDub, inHimshallibe, bill1148 check in please.

@Devo Why did you not unvote in #80?

@Fate Did you just faux vote?
Kise wrote: 14. gandalf5166

18. bill1148
Fate wrote:
Vote: Gandalf bill1148

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Addendum to the question.

Everyone: If I said you were Scum, right now, without a doubt, how would you respond?
cry.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:[img]
@
Everyone
: What are your thoughts on this game atm? Waiting to get out of RVS? Have any idea how this will happen when several people refuse to get on with it?
The game is extremely boring and I feel like people are intentionally not being active/not adding to the game. Yes I want to get out of RVS. I don't know but Bill, inHim, Quadz and Reck seemingly want to keep us in RVS.
PranaDevil wrote: Really unsure about the wagon on Quadz that came out of seemingly nowhere, so if it's not just wagonning for the sake of it, can someone show me why we're diving on him so quickly?
I think its mostly to "joke" but I agree that its pretty stupid.

unvote

Also:
Kise your its your turn to mod. Go start sign ups.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote:@nerocain: I forgot unvoting was needed. It was pretty much a joke vote anyway though so.

@prana and @nerocain:
What is wrong with wagoning for the sake of wagoning? It's the best way to get information earlier on, you push a wagon, see how various people react to the wagon, and then that's info you have for the rest of the game. Wagon's don't have to lead to a lynch.

Infact
unvote

Vote quadz
Devotress wrote:@nerocain: I forgot unvoting was needed. It was pretty much a joke vote anyway though so.

@prana and @nerocain:
What is wrong with wagoning for the sake of wagoning? It's the best way to get information earlier on, you push a wagon, see how various people react to the wagon, and then that's info you have for the rest of the game. Wagon's don't have to lead to a lynch.

Infact
unvote

Vote quadz
And what information would we get? A role claim? A pro-town/scum response? Even then we'd have to decipher it. As far as wagon's not leading to a lynch, they don't have to but they can. What if we had a Executioner? People should reserve their vote until they are absolutely sure.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@ dram Why are you voting gandolf?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote:
God forbid we have to decipher information in a game of mafia.
Yes I'm hoping for a protown/scum response.
Also wagon information is usefull throughout the game. Vote analysis, on like day 4, is huge, looking back at what wagon's people were willing to hop onto and when, etc.
That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon eveyone unlike we get a response you like? Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.

Devotress wrote: Serious time.
@Prana, what's your opinion on the Quad wagon now that it's had some time and Quad has responded to it?
Why are you only asking him? There are a few other players in the game.

vote: Devo

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
Devotress wrote:
God forbid we have to decipher information in a game of mafia.
Yes I'm hoping for a protown/scum response.
Also wagon information is usefull throughout the game. Vote analysis, on like day 4, is huge, looking back at what wagon's people were willing to hop onto and when, etc.
That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon everyone unlike we get a response you like? Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
How do you even suggest a game of mafia to be played? this is a serious question. If you say deciphering information is bad, what the hell is this game to you? Wait for a cop claim?

Not going around and starting bandwagons just to get a supposed reaction. I mean really, do you think scum or gonna be like "Oh you got me!". NOOO

Devotress wrote: Serious time.
@Prana, what's your opinion on the Quad wagon now that it's had some time and Quad has responded to it?
Why are you only asking him? There are a few other players in the game.

vote: Devo
He was online and had expressed, alongside you, disinterest in the quad wagon earlier. I was curious what he thought of the wagon now that we'd gotten a bad response from quad.[/quote]

Still I don't buy it. So the guy was on, big deal. I still don't see why you would care about what he thought over all the other players.

Second part...ok Quad responded. Was it a town or scum response? Must be scum 'cause you haven't unvoted.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

gandalf5166 wrote:Okay, this game went from random voting to serious really fast.
QFT!!!

I'll have to re read.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote:Nerocain: I'm sorry. But you're saying I'm scummy for asking a specific question of someone who was online at the moment, when that's exactly what you're doing right now.

And you are not getting away without answering this question properly:
Nero Cain wrote:That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon everyone unlike we get a response you like? Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
devotress wrote: How do you even suggest a game of mafia to be played? this is a serious question. If you say deciphering information is bad, what the hell is this game to you? Wait for a cop claim?
Not going around and starting bandwagons just to get a supposed reaction. I mean really, do you think scum or gonna be like "Oh you got me!". NOOO

Your answer is not sufficient. You specifically said information was bad. And I said "how should the game be played" and your response was only to reiterate that it shouldn't be played the way I am, not to say how it should be.

Nerocain, if information helps scum and should not be a method of playing as you've stated in the quoted posts, how do you suggest one plays the game of mafia?
That's a huge misrep. Never once did I say that information was bad. Nor did I say information should not be shared. I've played enough mafia, you read a player. Specifically scum, what they say is not always what they mean. You're saying "lets bandwagon folks for no other reason then to get a "response". :facepalm: IF that's the way we should play we should then we should go around today (day 1) and just bandwagon to see how each person reacts. But you're not doing that. What I get from you is that we start a NEW wagon each day. I'm sorry that doesn't exactly sound pro-town to me.
Devotress wrote:Suprise accessibility issues, sorry guys.

I get where you guys are coming from on regards to dramonic misrepping someone, but, I've found in my experience acusing others of not contributing, while not contributing yourself, is something I've seen in newbie scum. I'd really love a Quad wagon to be built more because I honestly believe he commited a larger scumtell over a larger period of time than what dramonic did.

If I switch over to dramonic, can we all agree that if dramonic flips town we can all take a look at when the dramonic wagon built steam versus the quad wagon dying off?
line up lynches.

She votes Bill as a joke.

Then she hops on the reck wagon...but forgot to unvote.

Then she jumps on Quad wagon.

Then she jumps on BV.

And then states she is willing to switch to ANOTHER wagon.

At thee same time I do NOT like the play of Reck and Nautalis.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

JPSalazar wrote: My eye is on her, but she's not my first scum pick.
Who is?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote:
Nero Cain wrote: That's a huge misrep. Never once did I say that information was bad. Nor did I say information should not be shared. I've played enough mafia, you read a player. Specifically scum, what they say is not always what they mean. You're saying "lets bandwagon folks for no other reason then to get a "response". :facepalm: IF that's the way we should play we should then we should go around today (day 1) and just bandwagon to see how each person reacts. But you're not doing that. What I get from you is that we start a NEW wagon each day. I'm sorry that doesn't exactly sound pro-town to me.
I do not believe I misrepresented you, I believe you are not understanding what the words you are saying translate to in other peoples heads.

Case In point:
Nero Cain wrote: That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon eveyone unlike we get a response you like?
Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
[b/]
If anyone feels I "misrepped" Nerocain by saying this post said information was bad, vote me now.[/b]
This post (my bolding), says we should not build wagons for information, because any information wagons build, SCUM COULD ALSO USE.
Nerocain, I feel like you're responding to different words than what have been said by both of us.
Nope. I think my sentence says "Any info that helps the town also helps the scum". For example, a game I played dude soft claimed vig, so I killed him. Perhaps we are just arguing schematics here. You feel that bandwagoning is the best way to find scum and I feel
blindly/constantly
bandwagoning is not the most pro-town approach to scum hunting. And I'm not the only one that feels way; Glork 352.

Bolded part=ATE

While part of me DOES agree with you that yes it is possible to catch scum by putting pressure on them and then they react funny but MY problem with you is that you continue to bandwagon whenever a new wagon pops up. I know, I know...you'll say its for the responces but to me it seems a little bit like blending in. Your 323 is horrid sounding.

Someone else also agreed with me.

JP.
JPSalazar wrote:
Well, now that I'm caught up, I'd like to once again point out that Day 1 absolutely sucks and it's unusually rare to ever "get the pick" right as to who is scum.
I see where Nero is coming from with his logic in regards to Devotress
, but I honestly think she's trying to find a correct feel.

Reck is, well, annoying, and I know this from offsite, and it wouldn't surprise me to just be messing around with everyone.

Again, since it's only Day 1, anyone can be saying anything (and in some cases, have just been saying anything...refer to the incessant caps locks posts including the ones without spaces between the words for proof), but I don't like how Reck seemingly threw himself to save dramonic.

At the same time, I don't feel like bandwagon hopping. I'm not convinced to throw a vote in any direction.

While I'm abosolutly thrilled he does understand it sorta feels like distancing given that JP is barely around and the red part, yeah that feels so noob scum. The italics is avoiding being on a possible town lynch. I'm, also quite frustrated that he did not name his #1 pick, unless he ment Reck. So why is he not voting Reck?
JPSalazar wrote:I'm ridiculously lost, and will need a day or two to catch up on stuff.
Yeah, I've heard this before from scum.

unvote vote: Jp

BTW, he's the only one not voting.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Devotress wrote: Nerocain If I hadn't played that newbie game with you where you were like this the whole time, I wouldn't know what to think about you.
I so called out Rayfrost. :cool:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

quadz08 wrote: My top scumpicks right now are Fate and
Nero
. JP needs to post.
:?: :?: :?:

vote: Fate

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ZazieR wrote: Talking about my neighbourhood, Nero, we still have something to discuss. For those who don't know what happened, I asked Nero to restate his reasons for voting Devo. He stated in our QT that it was due to Devo bandwagoning. But as we all know, Devo wasn't the only one. Though Nero only had a discussion with Devo about it. His explanation to this is that not all bandwagoners can be scum (which had a 'lol' attached to it) and that Devo is the only one who stated it was town play.

This explanation is lacking. First of all, Devo started with an explanation to show why bandwagoning isn't stupid in his opinion. And later he has a discussion with you about it as you were attacking him for it. So no, Devo stating it's town play isn't scummy as he got attacked for it.

Secondly, in one of your posts it does show that you think bandwagoning is scummy. Sure, not every bandwagoner has to be scum. But if you only look at one in detail, how do you find out whom is of the bandwagoners?
Nero Cain wrote: At thee same time I do NOT like the play of Reck and Nautalis.
And hence why I voted fate today. So I think its somewhat unfair to say that I was singling her out. And just 'cause I don't mention them doesn't mean I haven't taken it into account. So we have a disagreement about mafia theory, big deal? If she thinks that's the best way to find scum then fine but I'm not going to just bandwagon for the sake of bandwagoning. Also this "So no, Devo stating it's town play isn't scummy as he got attacked for it." Can you elaborate, Are you saying that its not scummy 'cause she was attacked for? So had she not been attacked then it would have been scummy? "But if you only look at one in detail, how do you find out whom is of the bandwagoners?" I think you could ask Devo the same thing, since she's "bandwagoning to gain responces" then how can she tell who is the scum from only one wagon a day? This is why I think its just a ploy to jusify being able to hop aboard.

Vote Count:

JPSalazar: 3
(vezokpiraka, xRECKONERx, Midnight's Sorrow)
Fate: 2
(Nero Cain, quadz08)
PranaDevil: 2
(Glork, bv310)
bv310: 1
(bill1148)
Midnight's Sorrow: 1
(Chronopie)
quadz08: 1
(Fate)
bill1148: 1
(Zazier)

Not Voting:

inHimshallibe
JPSalazar
KDub
PranaDevil

Lynch:

8 votes.

Deadline:

August 8th - 3:00 PM EST
Last edited by Kise on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was right about JP. Go me. I also had a hunch about inhim but I didn't say anything and I voted Fate on day 2 instead. Also sorry about the TVish play on you, Devo.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Kise wrote:I suck....
I already knew this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”