ChibiSanNub
ChibiSanNub
Townie
ChibiSanNub
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 am

Post by ChibiSanNub »

jayfl383 wrote:I think the vote kinda looked OMGUS...I mean if I refuse to answer your questions does that make me scum? Some people have different opinions, I found it odd though that you voted for Vezo without any concrete evidence other then the fact he didn't answer your question just like 80% of the rest of the people...just saying.
Pretty much this. Your post pretty much screams "OMGUS," Tasky, and most of your questions are borderline-useless and won't add anything to the discussion.
Tasky wrote:e.g. I think that someone is more likely to be passive if they are playing a role they dislike...
knowing ones favorite role can turn useful later on... see it as a kind of investment, everybody invests 10 seconds of their time to tell us their favorite role and maybe we get to use that information later in the game... it's probable that it won't serve any purpose, but it could be helpful later, so it's definitely an investment that's somehow favorable
So... How are your questions NOT rolefishing? You said that you want people to answer your questions so you could attempt to figure out their role later in the game. Hurrrrrrrr.
vezokpiraka wrote:I don't agree with SSBF on the last part. (before the scum tells)
I was in a game where town quicklynched scum on page 2 post 50. They gained a lot of insight just from that speed lynch.
I think we'd get a lot more information if we lynched scum with a fair amount of discussion than if we lynched scum while barely through RVS. There don't seem to be many instances where I think a quicklynch would be better.
ChibiSanNub
ChibiSanNub
Townie
ChibiSanNub
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by ChibiSanNub »

xvart wrote:
Tasky wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Tasky wrote:the highlighted part reeks... you think that creating information can hurt town?
Read the post. I said that information is helpful to the town, but sometimes, they benefit scums more then town. But generally, no, they do not hurt the town because without information, town cannot make informed lynch decisions.
that's exactly what I am saying...
So you think it's okay to okay to provide opportunities that may be more advantageous to scum?
the "that's what I'm saying" point is that generally information doesn't hurt town since the need it to make lynch decisions[/quote]
But the thing is, trying to figure out power roles is not necessary in order for town to make a good lynch decision. Not only is it not necessary, but it gives scum an advantage and they'll be able to possibly find PRs. I don't get what you're not understanding, rolefishing most definitely will not help town.
ChibiSanNub
ChibiSanNub
Townie
ChibiSanNub
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by ChibiSanNub »

EBWOP: I fucked up the quotes somehow. Whatever.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”