Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Beefster »

Vote: Adrien C
for being at the top of the players list. I'm clearly the best, not you. :P
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Beefster »

No reason? Really? Sure it's the RVS, but that's the third vote. Shouldn't you be a little more careful than that?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Beefster »

d3x: It doesn't really matter how arbitrary a reason is, as long as it's there. I suppose there's no real risk in the vote itself, but when combined with not even caring for even an arbitrary reason, it just doesn't seem townie to me.

Since we seem to be coming out of the RVS,
Unvote

FYI: I'm on LA for the next few days due to family being over.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Beefster »

Budja wrote:
XScorpion wrote:Yeah, voting with no explanation is really pro-town. </sarcasm>
It can be.

Here's a case for you:
1. assuming I am town. #20 (minor)
Beefster wrote:d3x: It doesn't really matter how arbitrary a reason is, as long as it's there. I suppose there's no real risk in the vote itself, but when combined with not even caring for even an arbitrary reason, it just doesn't seem townie to me.
^ wishy-washy statement. Says "Doesn't seem townie" but fails to vote me. Also, contradicts above.
I didn't feel it warranted a vote at the time. I do now, so
Vote: Budja
. I don't like your defenses. They reek of scum.

More on this later.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Beefster »

There's a difference between anti-town and scummy. Your original post looked anti-town, and the way you've defended yourself looks like you're hiding something- and thus is scummy.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Beefster »

Col.Cathart wrote:Ok, changed my mind. AV is town so far from his posts. Beefster is terrible though.

unvote

vote: Beefster
What makes me so "terrible"? I like reasons.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Beefster »

I've played a game with XS, but it isn't valid meta as the game hasn't finished nor has XS flipped.

@Budja: I'm really not comfortable with how you're dodging XScorp's question regarding xite- maybe some sort of indirect buddying. And I also dislike how you're avoiding giving your reasoning and justifying it with an outlandish softclaim. It all points to scum.

@xite: I find your want to massclaim, even just Earls, suspicious. As stated, it only benefits the scum. Consider the scenarios:
-If the setup has a Roleblocker, the scum may not claim and either no Earls or 2 Earls will claim. Possibly, just one will fakeclaim Earl just to make it look like a 2 Goon setup, and possibly try to frame one of the real Earls.
-If the setup has 2 Goons, there is a chance that one of the scum will fakeclaim Earl, in attempt to make it look like a Roleblocker setup with 2 Earls. Perhaps scum will not claim, which may make it look like a Roleblocker setup with no Earls and a fake Earl claim.
Simply put, massclaiming Earl provides no solid info, leads to WIFOM, and can only benefit scum.
FoS: Xite
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Beefster »

Budja wrote:^ Beefster is still scum.
And what makes you say that? You could at least try to come up with a good reason. I haven't seen one from you yet.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Beefster »

XScorp: I understand what you tried to mean by Xite being scum- where PR in its context meant town-aligned power role. It's simply a miscommunication. Your play IS kinda wonky- not that it means anything because I've seen a lot of wonky VTs.

d3x: geez, attacking XS on miscommunication? The line between scummy and anti-town is sketchy at best and the fact that you're attacking him over such a small semantic bothers me.
FoS: d3x

I'm off LA BTW. My bro left.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Beefster »

Regarding the difference between scummy and anti-town, it's so blurry due to the fact that it's almost entirely based upon opinion. If you're going to attack someone solely on the basis of using "scummy" when you think it should be "anti-town", it's ridiculous. Whereas in my case against Budja, I had many other reasons for attacking him and was merely correcting him to what I considered to be the line and was not basing the case upon it.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Beefster »

Adrien C: Your logic for unvoting seems scummy to me. You say Budja can't be cleared, don't have a better lynch candidate, then unvote him. Something's fishy here.

I'm sticking to my Budja vote. I've realized that he's been pretty dodgy around answering questions. He's hiding something.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Beefster »

Lately, nocase has given me bad vibes. He seems kinda... manipulative. He's not very good about his reasoning, he baits scumhunting in a really subtle way by trying to look like he's contributing to the discussion. It's like he's an IC in a newbie game who uses his IC status to hide his role.
unvote, vote nocase

XScorpion openly admits that he's tunnelling... I'm not liking this. He's actually starting to bother me. I thought his play was just plain wonky, before, but now he's looking scummy.
FoS: XScorpion
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Beefster »

nocase wrote:
Adrien C wrote:I'm in too many games and it's affecting my performance here. I'm replacing out.
coward.
This just seems odd to me- attacking him over replacing out? It happens.

ConfidAnon wrote:Also nocase . . . I am nadroj15.
i know who you are, son. :P
beefster wrote:Lately, nocase has given me bad vibes. He seems kinda... manipulative.
wow, i've never been called manipulative before. do you mind if i quote that? sort of cool.
Sure, g'head. I still find you suspicious, though. :P

He's not very good about his reasoning
really? where?
everywhere. I'll answer this better next time I post.

he baits scumhunting in a really subtle way
subtle? i'm even more pleased. i never considered subtlety my forte. i don't see how i was being subtle, either, but i'll take it for what it works. thanks, bud.
hiding something?

by trying to look like he's contributing to the discussion
i always contribute.
Eh. I worded it wrong. You're contributing to the conversation, but not the discussion. (if that makes any sense)

It's like he's an IC in a newbie game who uses his IC status to hide his role.
lolwut?
See my newbie game where I played as scum with Oman. He was accused of doing it...

you seem to have a fundamental misconception about my convo with xscorpion. i'm not trying to appear to be coaxing him into hunting scum. i'm demonstrating that he's not reacting to things in a way that a townie with a vested interest in hunting scum ought to. i'd hoped you might perceive on your own, but regardless - if i had explicitly pointed it out earlier then i wouldn't have gained the fruit of the extended convo, which is this: i repeatedly prodded xscorpion for a stance on adrien c's alignment based on adrien's recent maneuver (which xscorpion even interpreted as "getting other people to scumhunt for him"), and xscorpion repeatedly refused to give one. he didn't interpret adrien as being scum, or "lazy" scum, or town, or "lazy" town. he didn't even make it clear that the whole thing was a null tell. nope. he just concluded adrien a lazy bastard, which on its own is a thousand percent irrelevant to adrien's alignment.
I'm really not a fan of this defense from 2 pages back. See italicized notes.
In general, it seems like nocase is trying to defend himself without looking like it's even a problem. It's like he was expecting suspicion on him or something.

Aside from that, I see his point on XS.

As for Budja, short day 1s are BAAD- as it's when the base of all evidence from everyone comes out. After that, day length becomes more and more trivial. We lynch when we feel ready. Consider yourself at the top of my scumlist, along with nocase.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Beefster »

@nocase: here's where you lack reasoning. I'm a procrastinator. Get used to it.
ISO0, I presume RVS. No reason, not even a BS reason.
ISO4, you say no to the Earl massclaim. which would be fine if you put down a reason even as simple as "it benefits scum more than town"
ISO9, you state that there is a difference between scummy and anti-town, but don't go into any detail on your definition. It wasn't until later, when
someone else
defined it by his definition.
ISO21: BS reason. You don't even point out anything specific in the previous posts which you seem to imply as references.
ISO25: saying something is dumb isn't good enough for me.
ISO26: HYPOCRISY! I don't see YOU being very specific, just concise.
ISO28, you point the finger at Adrien C for not knowing who to target and don't explain WHY you find it to be scummy.
ISO33: I still feel that at this point, you have failed to adequately explain why, specifically, you're voting on XS and why you want votes on him so badly.

A'ight. That covers it for now. I'll be back in a bit to defend myself on your biggest post thus far.

About the IC thing... I know this isn't a newbie game, but you don't have to troll me for it. The IC explanation was the best way I could explain it, despite the fact that you have no status to hide behind. You still seem to exhibit a similar behavior, but in a more concise form.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Beefster »

nocase wrote:
Adrien C wrote:I'm in too many games and it's affecting my performance here. I'm replacing out.
coward.
This just seems odd to me- attacking him over replacing out? It happens.

that post was hardly serious. you should have the mental capacity to grasp as much. if you don't then i don't know how you even made it here in the first place. no offense, sir.
I can't read your mind and sarcasm is nigh impossible to detect on the internet.

everywhere. I'll answer this better next time I post.
answer it now, whelp. stop ducking and dodging and procrastinating. if you are not going to intelligently answer the questions directed toward you then do not answer at all. likewise, if you are not going to intelligently post then do not post at all.
Nah. I just didn't feel like opening an ISO tab at the time to take a closer look. I kept to my word, didn't I.

hiding something?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm - educate yourself.
Seeing as sarcasm DOESN'T work over the internet, you could at least use a :P

Eh. I worded it wrong. You're contributing to the conversation, but not the discussion. (if that makes any sense)
i have a vested disinterest in theory bs half the players here are wading into and i have an even more vested disinterest in the vacuous "discussion" you specifically have partaken in. i am producing game-relevant content and i am hunting scum. the two go hand in hand. i'm satisfied with it. if you're not then you should take a long hard look at your own output. it does not impress.
evidence?

See my newbie game where I played as scum with Oman. He was accused of doing it...
wow.

1. this is not a newbie game.
2. as such, there are no ics.
3. non-newbie games are a notch above newbie games.
4. i am not oman. i do not commit the same standard scum tells as him - as if there are any consistent standard scum tells to speak of in the first place. if you want to treat your games like newbie games then go back to the newbie queue.

Dude! Back off with the trolling! Newbie games usually have shorter waits, and thus I have a lot more of them under my belt. It was merely an analogy to try to explain why I find your behavior suspicious. *COUGH* Chainsaw Defense *COUGH*

I'm really not a fan of this defense from 2 pages back. See italicized notes.
you ignored the bulk of my defense. awesome mode of argument, bud.
I always do that. I don't have the time to go through every point, especially points I find to be nulltells.

In general, it seems like nocase is trying to defend himself without looking like it's even a problem. It's like he was expecting suspicion on him or something.
you had JUST fosed me. there's no expectation involved. jesus christ.
I coulda sworn I had a VOTE on you...

Aside from that, I see his point on XS.
oh? that's it? lol. go-go gadget laziness.
In that post, I was focusing on attacking YOUR defense. I generally like to show both sides of every argument, despite only representing one. (I give representation most of the effort, and a small amount of effort goes to simply showing the other side.)

adrien was a shred ahead of you on my hit list, but this is beyond insufferable. your logic sucks, your lazy show of scum hunting bleeds through every pore of your existence, you dodge very basic questions,
Examples please.
and your attempts to cover up your
lack of reasoning
with rhetoric induce headaches.
unvote. vote: beefster.
get lynched please.
HYPOCRISY!
confirm vote: nocase
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Beefster »

Reasons, please. I'd like to be able to defend myself without having to read your mind.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Beefster »

Budja wrote:My fav. lynch candidates: Beefster, Adrian.
Adrian -> Rhinox.
Rhinox is more worthwhile keeping around than Beefster.
Adrian's scumminess largely stems from active lurking.
So I change my vote.
You could at least wait until he contributes content before you go onto a blind voting spree.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Beefster »

I claim cop.

I'm still waiting for nocase to respond to my defense. Seeing how he hasn't replied for a over a day, something fishy is going on here.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Open Games”