Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 am

Post by brianj »

I'm here.

xRECKONERx
As regarding to the D1 random lynch, although it might sound fine statistically, how the hell are we going to carry it out? This forum no longer has dice option according to my memory, and all we'll have to trust is everyone pointing out specific players who were supposedly determined using RNG generator. As in, we cannot determine the person who really RNG'd his lynch target compared to scum picking out Townie and claim he was picked randomly. The plan just can't be done legitimately. Besides, more interaction and argument between the players the better chance of us actually having materials to scumhunt with.

Shadow Dancer
Asking a question with obvious answer in thread while PM could have sufficied. Could be attempt to look contributive.

Exilon
This is terrible post. Shadow Dancer's statistical analysis of no lynch was in response to Reckoner's post which stated that "We have a statistically higher chance of winning if we random lynch than if we no lynch". He immediately followed up the analysis by saying
That being said: Let's stop this whole discussion now and start some real scumhunting! Yes: With real discussiun and real votes and a real lynch threat. And I mean that. If we don't find a good candidate we can still talk about other strategies when DL is nigh.
so Exilon bit eager to switch votes around for my liking.

Actually never mind. Read Shadow Dancer's response. Is vote switch according to misintepretation kind of new trend around here?

destructor
Your questions are all answered in a thread. Mafia kill Town player if no lynch occurs, and if there is no lynch by deadline read Max. Also kind of strange that you state that you are leaning on town for SD without explanation but asks Reckoner, who also seem to be doing exactly the same thing, to clarify.

Same question to you: what exactly did SD said that made you feel SD is town?
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am

Post by brianj »

Shadow Dancer's insistence on bringing the town down to lylo is indeed weird. His root of argument is based on that mafia can't just jump on town wagon, but how can one determine if the vote was town or mafia-motivated if popular lynch actually occurs? Also even if no lynch decreases one additional target mafia could bandwagon against, I would very much prefer mylo over lylo for now (since mislynch does not lead to town lose like normal cases) as I would like to conserve no lynch for later more useful time then immediately where the need is not clear. I see absolutely no point for this post either; I don't think anyone was notably panicking (in which case where Shadow Dancer's post will be useful) and by publicly revealing his opinion that 'panicking' is town-tell it becomes useless since mafia can read it and accordingly WIFOM. His aggressive playstyle actually reminded me of the game I had with him where he was scum (Newbie 958) where he derailed the main town discussion by starting a fierce argument with single player disagreeing with him. Currently I give Shadow Dancer mafia verdict.

I am of opinion that DavidParker and Lowell is much more anti-town, however. Especially Lowell who seem to be jumping around popular bandwagons for no reason. I want to vote off either one of them today since such playstyle is going to be deterimental pretty fast as we approach the later game. I think this is not bad opinion since other people are also threatening currently non-productive members to speak up (Lowell, DavidParker, Thief).
##Vote Lowell

destructor, can you further explain how
Shadow Dancer, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2384519#p2384519]Post 21[/url] wrote:That being said: Let's stop this whole discussion now and start some real scumhunting! Yes: With real discussiun and real votes and a real lynch threat. And I mean that.
is town-tell? It is null tell at best; mafia has nothing to lose by casually saying "guys lets discuss" without actually providing something to discuss about.
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 am

Post by brianj »

Sorry, anti-prod post here. I'll promise to post tomorrow.
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:10 am

Post by brianj »

Holy fuckton of posts to cover. Reading through them now.
xRECKONERx wrote:brianj, I don't guess you've played Mafia on GameFAQs, have you?
I am not exactly sure what part of my post you are pointing out by this question. Is this post regarding my opinion toward Shadow Dancer, or DavidParker/Lowell pair?

Shadow Dancer
Can you give me examples where you played this aggressively while you were town?

MagnaofIllusion
I advocated Lowell lynch for two reasons: 1) At that junction Lowell's behaviour was just as scummy as Shadow Dancer, and 2) the vote was attempt to threaten afk players (Lowell, DavidParker, Thief and Quoi) into activity- which is why I put heavy emphasis on the playing style and productiveness in that paragraph. However, the major town focus was on the Shadow Dancer-xRECKONERx at the time of my post, and of course I felt I should add to the discussion my opinion of the matter.

Lowell
Look above kk. (Specifically my response to MagnaofIllusion)

MagnaofIllusion
This vote feels iffy to me. Lowell's quoted post is crummy as hell, but Magna seems to be misinterpreting some of the points in order to deliberately support his point. Lowell fos was based on the fact that "two quietish folks [showed] up to cast votes", not because of them being a lurker. Thus his second sentence regarding Quoi or Thief is baseless. The sentence wasn't that hard to understand either, so I get the impression that he just made that question up to justify the vote.

destructor
Why would you make a post just to say "scum is on the SD wagon", which seems to be pretty obvious considering the number of scum in this game? In the best light it is still WIFOM and I do not like how you use that single statement to further support your suspicions.

Unvote
since Lowell actually seem to producing analysis now, which is better than behaviour of Thief and Quoi. I will start iso'ing players tomorrow and post my analysis then.
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 am

Post by brianj »

I'm back- to walk into sudden L-1? xD
I got an idea.
VOTE: Quoi

Well then. I do not expect my activity level to rise in current state (playing more than one game at the same time) so better make best of what situation there is.
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:13 am

Post by brianj »

Shadow Dancer wrote:-brian: Unwilling to play? Just going for an unneeded quickhammer maneuvre suggests this.
Honestly I was about to very busy in the future and I saw no benefit in asking for replacement when there was another viable alternative that (somewhat) helped the scum-team. If I had time I would probably have enjoyed the irony too much to take a quick way out of the game :P Actually on retrospect it seems that if I had chose to stay in the game with busy schedule I would still have been just as active as some of the Townies, but that is another matter entirely.

Props to my team members, though I admit the task was more easier than usual because some of the players adopted strange way of play styles. I may be new here but I still don't understand the benefits of playing that way as VI :o

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”