Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hey, everyone.

Just one quick thing; please, nobody do that "lynch me so I can shoot the scum thing" this game, ok? I hate it when pro-town people do that in vengeful games, it's just the worst strategy ever.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, also, watch the random votes, ok? Vengeful is one game where one scum member often does quickhammer on day 1, so avoid putting 2 votes on someone until you're ready to want them dead. Not that we should drag on day 1 for too long, vengeful is supposed to be a fast game, just make sure you know what you're doing.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ditto wrote:
Claim: vigilante h enfishable a nexus y gorilla l eavesdropper e fricandea n ujailkeeper s lollipop
So, Haylen, are you scum this game?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ditto wrote: @Yos: Have you played a vengeful before. And if so, link?
Hmm? I have, yes. I believe I've played one or two on the forums here, although you've probably got as much chance at finding them as I do. I've also played a large number of them in face to face games.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kov wrote:I'm not that why was confused by the rules..
Confused by the rules how, Kov? It did seem like a weird question to ask. Why did you want to know if the scum could daytalk?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kov wrote:Well if they can they could be planning constantly and not just at night so two votes on the same person seems more suspicious than it would in a normal game... It would to me at least.
Huh? How so?

Two votes on the same person is probably more dangerous then in a normal game, but it wouldn't really make sense for both scum to pile onto the same person for no reason and then hope a townie joins them.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ditto wrote: And here's the interesting part. In this game, you stated that we should be careful with our random votes. In Open 158, this was also partly discussed. With that said, I want you to respond to this:
Uh, respond to what?

In both that game, and in this game, I said that scum will sometimes quickhammer in a vengeful game, because the will. In both games, I said that people should be careful at putting people at lynch -1 without a good reason, like you just quoted.

So, your response to pointing out that it's dangerous to put someone at to votes for no reason is to...put me at two votes for no reason? Seriously?

I'm going to give you one chance to explain yourself before I vote you, Haylen, because that's almost absurdly anti-town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ditto wrote:
Yos wrote:I'm going to give you one chance to explain yourself before I vote you, Haylen, because that's almost absurdly anti-town.
You're going to be waiting a long time then.
a) Look at the time stamps, I was at work when that post was made.
b) When have you ever known me to write your name out in full?
c) As much as I love meta, I would never unleash my secret weapon this early in the game.
d) Do me an Zazie really post in a similar style? :/
e) I'm a duck. Quack.
So, you/Zazie put me at lynch -1, right after I explained why you shouldn't put someone at lynch -1 without a reason, and now you're not even willing to explain it or comment other then with random silliness?

Fine.
Vote:Ditto
Now we're both at lynch -1. And if I get hammered before you give a good reason for your actions here, I going to strongly consider shooting you at this point, because your vote here really looks like a typical "goon scum trying to get a bad lynch off fast to protect godfather" type of action here.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Good game, everyone.

For the record, Haylen/ ZazieR, your tell on me was quite silly. I was only speaking the truth and giving the town good advice; if given the chance, a scum usually should quickhammer on day 1 on a vengeful, because then even if he gets shot, it goes to a 3 man endgame with his partner and scum have the advantage there.

The only reason I had my empathes slightly different in the last game wasn't because of my alignment, it was just because I was feeling impatent at that point in time and wanted someone to hurry up and get lynched. :lol: If anything, though, it's worth noting that I gave basically the same advice both times even thought the last game was, what, a year ago, and I had no recollection of what I said last game.

CSL: Don't feel bad, you didn't do anything wrong. You took a shot and quickhammered there. Really, that was the right move; if you're town in that situation, you should quickhammer before a scum logs on and quickhammers, because at least that way you've got a chance of hitting scum (and, in this case, a chance of hitting the godfather and winning the game on the spot). You guessed wrong, but hey, it happens; it's not like you had anything to go on at that point. I really hope you don't quit playing mafia just because of that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Meh. If there are two people at lynch -1, and you're town and you think that one of them is probably scum, you should ALWAYS hammer; if you don't, scum will.

That's also why you shouldn't put someone at lynch -1 for no good reason early in the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZazieR wrote:Even if what you're saying is true, Yos, that doesn't erase my second post. It's like you said, agressiveness brings a town win. You're responses were scummy as hell for the reasons I pointed out.
What responses? My comments about who town shouldn't put someone at lynch -1? That was just good pro-town advice, I can guarantee I would have said that no matter what my alignment was.

Don't get me wrong, you voted for the right person and that's always impressive, no matter why you did it. :) Don't blame CSL for guessing wrong, though.
And when will you learn that it was me who voted you and not Haylen?
Oh, I knew that. Haylen left the vote on, though, which is the same thing, in my mind.

Return to “Completed Open Games”