MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #931 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Greetings to those of you I know - Andrius, Espeon, Reaper, MacCav, and Nobody Special (sorry if I missed anyone else, not having a up-to-date player list makes it a little difficult).

Welcome to those I don't know. It's nice to ever expand those I've played with here on MS.

I've started an in-depth read of the thread since replacing in. I will have my thoughts together and post a (hopefully) concise catch-up post later today or tomorrow.

All I ask is that you don't complete a lynch (which seems doubtful) before I get my bearings.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #960 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:20 am

Summarized Thoughts for Days 1 and 2 –
Note I've tried my best to keep this brief.

I honestly didn’t realize jmj, who I replaced, was in the game. So his replacement was inevitable.

Reaper’s play Day 1 was quite frankly scattered and horrible. I’m not surprised he got pushed to a claim. Without the claim I’d be gut inclined to place him as scum but I’m coming to believe this is just a playstyle difference we have.

MacLock’s Miller claims was absolutely the right play, IMO. I don’t like the “I’ve never gambited as scum” bit at 224 but otherwise he looks pretty solid to me. I’m going to look more closely at the reaction to see if there are any tasty tidbits that came out of it.

I’m not enthralled with farside’s play. She has a style that lends herself to being perceived as Pro-Town but her two big targets Day 1 were Reaper and Sudo. Otherwise she spent an inordinate amount of time going after KMD for reasons that look to be grudge related. I’ll be interested to see manho’s contributions.

Nobody Special is playing to my expectations. Not thrilled but so far nothing that makes me scream scum.

Rajr would be a Town read if he was more active. I get a good feeling about his content but don’t like his opinion of MacLock. His disappearance Day 2 also has knocked him from the ranks of Town in my eyes.

The IH / Andrius slot has provide nothing significant that could lead me to a read. I’m not a fan of that.

MPR is playing his normal useless, lurking self.

KMD I am undecided on. He posts frequently and questions / interacts with enough players that my guts says he’s Town. On the other side his Day 1 dust-ups with MacLock don’t sit well with my mind, which says he’s Scum.

FakeGod falls similarly to KMD for me. He’s providing opinions and content but his opinions Day 1 regarding MacLock conflict me.

Furcolow looks increadibly scummy to me. Setting up lynches Day 2. His vote and opinion shifts like the wind. You definitely get the deepest look now that I am caught up.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #988 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 am

Andrius wrote:@ MoI: What do you think of farside's posted wincon?
I had to go back and find what you were referencing here. Farside’s posted Wincon is very specific. The conflicting wincon evidence was part of the final push against Sudo that turned out badly. My wincon doesn’t specifically say anything about the Ministry of Magic specificially. I note there were varying degrees of attack on (farside, Reaper) and defense of (MacLock and KMD) Sudo based on the wincon data

Given the disparate opinions I’m leaning towards Mod having given tailored Wincon’s as an anti-claim measure.

It’s begin to seriously lynch Furcolow time ….
[/off Joel McHale]

I’m not even going to bother going back to MMM’s play since I tend to think it’s really difficult for someone to defend things they didn’t specifically do (including MMM’s rather pointless ‘Harry Potter Sucks’ reaction fishing). So everything here is from the man himself.

Part I – Vote Hopping with Bad Reasons

Let’s look at Furc’s series of votes since he replaced in.

Day 1

Vote 1 – Sudo_nym, for claiming Dementor - Is it the worst reason? No given we had no flips to support potential modified flavour. But it certainly wasn’t the best.

Vote 2 – MPR, for ? – No reasoning and tops it off with a pre-emptive ‘Look this probably looks bad but I Town. Trust me.’

Vote 3 – Sudo_nym, to assure lynch.

Day 2

Vote 4 – MPR, for ? – The post only contains a vote. Later in ISO 12 he states he wasn’t even planning to keep it on MPR.

Vote 5 – Esp, because he claimed that he couldn’t be killed conventionally. Not a single thing said about Esp being suspicious.

Vote 6 – Dramonic, following Reaper’s logic – Note he also tries to throw some doubt on Reaper at the same time (ISO 12)

Vote 7 – Esp, “lets lynch this guy if you think hes my scum buddy, I don’t care about him at all” – Lynching someone to prove you aren’t linked really only works if they are actually scum.

Vote 8 – dramonic, using some sort of point system swipped from the Wiki based on Congratulating the Doc.

Vote 9 – MPR, because he’s “detrimental to town” – no explanation as to why.

Vote 10 – farside, ?

Vote 11 – KMD, for being Reaper’s scum-buddy.

Vote 12 – Rajr, for wishy-washy voting – clear self-inconsistency since Furc’s voting record is far from ironclad. See Part IV below for more on this.

Vote 13 – Espeon, because Furcfails at scum-hunting.

Vote 14 – Espeon, because Furc is not scum.

Day 3

Vote 15 – Andrius, because Furc is confirmed Town.

In summary – His votes have a total lack of solid reasoning and show the wishy-washy, following popular opinion style that can be expected from scum.

Part II – Lack of Followup to ‘Suspicions’

Furc never follows up on his suspicions.

ISO 2 – States that he thinks farside versus Sudo is Town versus Scum. He also states that he ‘has his eye’ on farside. Sudo is subsequently lynched and flips Town. Does he start Day 2 looking at farside? Not until late until Day 2 when the lynch is pretty much established at dramonic or espeon. And without any support.

ISO 39 – He comes up with his convoluted ‘Lynch chain’ (discussed below) and says that Reaper and KMD are likely scum perpetrating newb-scum tells. Does he come out firing Day 3 at either? Nope. He slipped a brief vote for KMD Day 2 but nothing today.

ISO 91 – Threatens Nobody Special with ‘getting him killed’ if Esp flips Town. Any follow-up vote Day 3? Nope.

In summary his ‘suspicions’ seem to dissipate into thin air to be replaced by whatever current direction the popular opinion is flowing. Scummy.

Part III – Setting up Lynches

Furc ISO 39 wrote:So our lynches will be as follows:
1. Dramonic barring a good pressure claim that is believable
a. if he flips green we lynch reapercharlie
- if he (rc) flips red we lynch kmd for the scum-buddyesque FoS + OMGUS around page 6
b. if he (dram) flips red reapercharlie is likely green having really badgered him about the scummy medic compliment
c. if he (dram) flips third party (say as lucius malfoy with the malfoys or fenrir greyback with the werewolves as 3rd party or severus snape as a town traitor or survivor... just possibilities) then RC and KMD may still be mafia and we will have to grill them on that
If this plan does not work, I offer myself up to be lynched.
I love the authorative “So our lynches will be” opening. It almost makes up for the fact that this whole chain of events is based on a Wiki tell that is weak at best.

I love that in part c he seems to ignore the fact that MacLock already had a claim of Snape as a Town miller.

Finally the last little part regarding “the plan” not working oozes scum. ‘Look at me I’m so sure my chaining of lynches will work I’ll offer myself up as a Good Town player would’.

Part IV – Coginitive Dissonance

First let’s examine his reaction to Reaper’s claim and subsequent posting -
Furc ISO 9 wrote:oh shit you're a jack? that's a very powerful role
Seems pretty clear he read the Dumbledore claim.
Furc ISO 12 wrote:Did I miss where you claimed medic?
If you are the medic, you can prove dramonic is wrong?
I'm going to be honest with you, RC, I didn't think of anything other than a save or roleblock or whatever
And yet later we get this. Given the strength of his initial reaction I doubt he’d ‘conveniently’ forget that Reaper had already claimed JOAT.
Furc wrote:vote andrius
i am ron weasley with no counterclaim
learn how to read scum
Aside from the wonderful OMGUS here I wanted to point out Furc’s clear self-contradictory behaviour in regards to players and claims.

He states here that he’s Ron Weasly and has no counter-claim, and thus he must be cleared Town.

First let’s look at the following statement.
Furc wrote:if
youre
scum reapercharlie is a confirmed townie in my eyes, too, so if we only catch 1 scum we get the benefit of a confirmed town
I’m going to point out the bolded portion. For someone who took dramonic to task on grammar yours is not exactly stellar either (there’s this thing called an apostrophe and the run on sentence is a nice touch).

Now on to the real point – Reaper has already claimed Dumbledore and not been counterclaimed. Given Furc’s insistence that his uncountered claim clears him why does Reaper’s not do the same immediately for Reaper?

Classic self-inconsistent opinions and play. Scummy.

Part V – Other gems

Furc wrote:espeonage wagon feels scummy to me... not everyone on it... but you KNOW there are scum there.

also, accord to my role pm, which is similar to what he claimed, his semi-claim makes sense to me.

i am inclined to believe him, and ask that you not lynch espeonage

if everyone is supporting this, though, i will hammer him myself.
Classic scum fence-sitting move to absolve himself from the mislynch with an Appeal to the Majority while establishing that he ‘instincts’ about Esp are correct.
Furc wrote:I am not scum motivated
I am really ron weasley
^someone would counterclaim this obviously
The kind of assurance you get from knowing Mod provided fake-claim is safe :roll:

Additionally
– why in the hell did you name claim anyway?
Furc wrote:i am not voting for espeonage because i believe him, though i don't care if you all lynch him because he's unconfirmable until we lynch him
Further classic fence-sitting. Those posts must have gotten uncomfortable.

Note at the end of the day, depsite saying multiple times that he believed Esp he did go on to lynch him at the deadline.
Furc wrote:FACTS:
1) i havent EVER been lynched in a non-marathon game as scum
2) i ALWAYS get lynched when I am town and am trying to hunt scum
3) I claimed Ron Weasley with no counter-claim, and am therefore town
He tops of his cognitive dissocance in 3 (as shown in Part IV) with a heaping of AtE with 1 and 2.

To make a long story short (too late),

VOTE: Furcolow

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1007 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Rajr wrote:maclock... i think the only thing i said was i bought the snape claim. if i said anything else please elaborate, looking back snape would be the best safe claim ever given to the scum.
Yeah … doing a 30+ page reread and summarizing must have caused me to go a little crazy. Look … what in the world could that be?

Realistically I can’t say that point has any merit at all. My bad.
Rajr wrote:fakegod rubs me the wrong way too.
Reviewing your ISO I don’t see much support for why this might be the case. Care to elaborate as to why fakegod ‘rubs’ you wrong?

I also don’t like this little exchange –
Andrius wrote:@ rajrhcpfreak (i spelled his name right): So you want to lynch Furcolow, but you're not voting him? Why not?
Rajr wrote:ive been saying it all game. hes scum. i dont know how me and him are buddies.
now lets see if anyone joins me this time.
No direct answer to the question. Just a vote and explaining he was supporting the Furc wagon. Reactive, defensive play which I find to generally be a scum-tell.
fakegod wrote:It's great that everyone has bunch of opinions, but people, quit chickening out on your votes. No one's even close to a lynch.
Rewind that Cowboy – we just opened Day 3. What reason do you have to want to accelerate the day and effectively stifle discussion by doing so?
fakegod wrote:But seeing that Lupin's shot went through even when the Death Eaters killed him leads me to believe that Fenrir's shot wasn't negated by his death, and that a doctor somewhere saved right. Therefore, we have a 'doctor' who now knows a clear.

I'm also very surprised that Dumbledore wasn't killed last night.
Rereading other parts of the thread brought this to my attention. The underlying motivations in this post are trippering my scum-dar.

1. Very subtle role-fishing and mis-information in the first part. Infers that the hypothetical Doctor can clear someone if necessary by coming forward. Also, given that dramonic was a SK and thus could have targeted anyone the ‘protectee’ would certainly be anything but clear.
2. If the first part is true and we do have a doctor why didn’t he assume Dumbledore would not be the obvious protection target? Reaper has already indicated he absorbed as shot Night 1 (assumed to be Death Eater). The very surprised part doesn’t hold water to me if he really believed there was a Doctor.

He follows it up with this post right away –
fakegod wrote:if there is a doc, why did RC suffer a hit N1?
Arguing against the existence of a Doc when he just before said that “a doctor somewhere saved right”? Self-contradiction anyone?

FakeGod have anything to say on this matter?
manho wrote:i've checked my role pm, and it has the ministry taking control as the wincon. and i'm replacing farside if you don't remember it.
Thanks for checking, I guess. As I stated before I’ve come to the conclusion that the Wincons were written tailored
somewhat
to the roles as an Anti-claim measure. Currently I don’t think its worth further discussion for reasons that should be obvious. I would like to ask – any reason you thought you needed to bring this up?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1033 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 am

@KMD re: 980
– I don’t particularly like you ‘setting up lynches’ just like Furc has done. I’m not 100% convinced by your vote count analysis that the scum besides obvFurc must lie in Rajr, MPR, and NS. If anything the last two look like lurker hunting. Once we get an actual voted flip of a Death Eater we can begin really chewing into the vote counts.
KMD wrote:Because he's softclaimed so hard (pun intended) that he definitely needs to claim now.
So you’d rather he compound the already made error and eliminate any Scum uncertainty as to whether he’s a good Nightkill target? I see no Pro-Town reasons for calling for a claim when he wasn't in direct lynch danger.
Fakegod wrote:Calling people to vote wasn't because I wanted a faster day, but because votes are Solid evidences (they last in VCs and so on), in contrary to just ideas and opinions, which changes and moves around quite a bit. Because my game playing tends to focus into voting patterns, I didn't want scums to slip out of my radar that easily.
If this is true why aren’t you calling out the lurkers (Nobody Special, MPR) on this as they are the culprits most likely to escape both VC analysis and post analysis?
manho wrote:VOTE: furcolow

claim furcolow.
And I assume he means full-claim as you’ve already claimed Ron W.
Reaper wrote:I don't actually think he's that great of a lynch... He's playing his town meta for sure, I tell you.
Does he have a scum meta? Is it significantly different than his Town meta? If the answers to either of these questions is NO then I have a serious problem with this assertion. Playing to his ‘Town meta’ is pointless evidence if he has no proven scum meta that is significantly different.
Andrius wrote:Alright. I am a pro-town Mason.
INSERT MOST EPIC FACEPALM PIC HERE!

Well now that you’ve done this I am saying two things.

1. DO NOT OFFER UP YOUR PARTNER / PARTNERS UNLESS THEY ARE IN LYNCH DANGER AND THE ANSWER TO THE SECOND STATEMENT IS YES!!
2. Since you are using Mason I assume anyone connected to you has Mod confirmed Town status. Is this correct?

@ Furc -
I know from other places you have some person life issue currently. No response at all to my case?
@ MOD
- Can we get Prods on Nobody Special and MPR if appropriate? They really need to get their butts in here and provide something useful to the discussion.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1039 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 am

FakeGod wrote:yo Magna, why the facepalm?

It's not like he had a hugely important/powerful role to claim anyways...
Do you really want me to go into this? Are you sure?

Because despite KMD's position I think it was clearly a bad move and think the reason why it was bad is obvious.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1067 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:01 am

KMD wrote:Setting up lynches isn't scummy.
On this we disagree. I see very few credible situations where Town has motivation to plan multiple Days worth of lynches without carefully inspecting the impact of each lynch and each Night.
KMD wrote:Did you not see my post about softclaims being bad regardless of alignment? Let me put it this way. Why do we not massclain to start games?
Because it tells scum who to kill.
If andrius is town, he was a NK target as soon as he softclaimed. If he's scum, we want to see his claim anyway. Back to if he's town, what more danger does a fullclaim put him in than a softclaim? It makes no difference whatsoever. A claim does nothing more than provide the town with more info about andrius.
It’s obviously not a good plan to mass-claim at game’s start. Why bother to include that as a supporting point to your argument?

I’ve bolded the portion of exactly why I think going to a full-claim from a soft-claim is an even worse move. If Andrius is indeed town with a soft-claim there is at least some potential doubt as to whether he might be a worthy Nightkill target that Scum are going to have to mull over. Pushing him to a full claim simply eliminates that doubt.

It gives Town more information if you believe the claim. If you don’t? Then Town has gained nothing, but Scum potentially have gained some knowledge.
Reaper wrote:I don't know much about his scum meta Magna. But I've seen him play town a few times before and this is no different.
Then the Meta is frankly worthless. It’s only truly useful if you have some differential behaviour by which to analyze whether he is playing to one particular side.

I personally
HATE
player who are Scummy / Anti-Town regardless of alignment. It only serves their personal “I want to play longer, not more effectively” agenda and doesn’t help Town.

@Andrius
– I don’t see why you are hesitant to give up your name. Unless it directly links you with another already established claim I don’t see it as compromising your Partner.

@Rajr re 1043
– The WIFOM regarding whether scum would or would not do something isn’t really helpful.
Nobody wrote:Hi, I just got prodded. How did you guys post four pages without me?
Obviously we showed up when the thread opened and posted content. Day 3 started on Monday. Judging by your post trail since then you’ve had plenty of time to actually read the goings on and comment here. Seriously you have 3 pages of posts from Monday til you responded to the prod. Now the determination whether you are lurking scum or just lurking bad town needs to be made.

MOD - I'll be LA from today at 4pm EDT until Monday morning for normal family weekend duties.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1123 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:44 am

Not a lot of time today so this will be quick -

Furc
- all I will say is the following - learn to not be a total scumball when Town. Seriously your play sucked before you stumped. Don't blame Town for pressuring you on you shoddy play.

Reap
- two questions about your 'Alliance'

1. Does being a member require me to link my vote to your whims?
2. Why is manho excluded from your target list?

@EVERYONE
- Can anyone else confirm that they have language referencing the Ministry of Magic in their role PM? The more I dwell upon it the more uncomfortable I am with it. If anyone else can confirm they have similar language it would put my mind at ease.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1175 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:33 am

manho wrote:this is enough to have my vote.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: FG
Care at actually crystallize into text why the quoted post alone is worth your vote?
FakeGod wrote:However, I let it go after confirming that farside's slot has a different wincon because a) it seems that she was alone, and could be easily taken care of later if needed, b) it seemed like a hidden PR/Mason claim, and c) even if she was in a different faction, her wincon seems to include killing off Voldemort and his gang, therefore we share the same goal somewhat.
Um, what????? Let me see if you wrote this correctly –

You came to the conclusion that manho is a 3rd party or alternative Mafia of some sort but since he seemed to be going after Voldemort you let it drop?
Nobody at 1129 wrote:My wincon does not include any reference to the Ministry. But please allow me to claim prior to my lynch, plskthx.

I would salivate over a KMD lynch today.

Since we only have two mislynches left, I'm not the target you seek.
1. Why request specifically to claim before you are lynched? Not much in the way of votes on you at the point. Also, when has this Town group not allowed players to claim when they approached lynch?
2. Why would you salivate over a KMD lynch?
3. How do you know we have two mislynches left? MacLock’s theoretical numbers were presented as a worst case scenario.
4. “I’m not the target you seek” is oh so convincing [/off sarcasm]

1129 reads scummy to me for all the reasons posted above. Nobody Special re-read to commence in the next day or so.

Also this on the heels of 1129 feels more and more like mis-lynch hunting from scum.
Nobody wrote:Also, I'm Very Town.
Why thanks, I was confused until you cleared it up for me :roll:

@Andrius
– You are awfully eager to get this ‘Alliance’ rolling. Any reason other than devotion to RC?

I’m going to re-read FakeGod and Nobody Special with clean eyes.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1190 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 am

Nobody wrote:1) Just being prepared.
2) Because he is scum and needs to be lynched.
3) I took the figure from MLs post. I'm not all that good at MafiaMath (sorry).
4) Dude. Harsh.
1. Paranoid = prepared?
2. This is just as compelling as your other non-supported statements. If you can give me something to work with great. Otherwise I’m likely to start categorizing you as lazy scum who knows they are likely burned by PoE at this point.
3. Another visit to Lazytown. You do get props for being honest.
4. First off I don’t wander around in a bathrobe so don’t call me Dude. Second I’ve not yet begun to be harsh. I’ll save that for later.
Nobody wrote:I highly doubt I would be on the wagon of my scumpal this late in the wagon. And FG is clearly scum.
Lovely WIFOM in the first sentence. Since you were ‘salivating’ for a KMD lynch I assume you find FakeGod and KMD partners?

Well let us see ….

1. You are smart Town who just breadcrumbed Lie Detector because they know it works during the DAY.
2. You are stupid Town who just breadcrumbed Lie Detector because and will probably die (Doc protection aside) before they can make the results public.
3. You are scum making a fake-breadcrumb in hopes that the information role will save you without having to actually claim.

I hate Voldemort!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1230 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 pm

A more detailed look at Nobody Special’s ISO

His attack on MMM / Furc’s slot for being Mafia based on the ‘Bastard Modding’ slip seems very suspect knowing Furc’s role. I particularly don’t like the fo llowing line
Nobody wrote:Scum always get more info than town. Therefore, I extrapolated. And arrived at my conclusion.
Scum are always more informed than Town but don’t in any way necessarily have more information regarding a Bastard set-up.

Not much scum-hunting in the ISO at all Day 1. Most of his posts revolved around a reaction-test from IH which went nowhere. And lots of defense of said test from multiple sources.

Day 2 he latches on to Dram with little reasoning behind his vote (other than popular opinion). He pretty much does nothing productive as the Day rolls on until he switches to a vote for Esp that he apparently doesn’t even believe in. The remainder of Day 2 consists of one-liner classics like “Tentacle rape is love” topped of with a post where he asks why people aren’t voting for Esp when he expressed that he wasn’t even convinced in the first place.

Day 3 has consisted of a ‘gut’ accusation against KMD, a vote for FakeGod with no attached case with a dash of ‘claim please’ and whining when I keep pointing out his horrid play.

While I mull over FakeGod’s claim (any breadcrumbs for that FG?) I’ll

VOTE: Nobody Special

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1250 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Andrius I think you've made it abundantly clear prior to this who you and MPR are.

Stop acting out because you are bored.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1279 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:20 am

MacavityLock wrote:FG, if you want any chance of me unvoting you, explain what the purpose of your request for Hating was.
QFT from a standpoint of logic.

FakeGod in reflection that fact that you claimed a Beutiful Princess who is 50% BP just strikes me as a bad fake-claim.

1. No-one else has claimed randomly chance abilities.
2. There is usually a Bodyguard for a Princess in most balanced games as opposed to some half-assed quasi BP function.
3. The whole "I hate Voldemort" thing needs explanation stat.

Depending on your response and an ISO review for you and ooba my vote may end up with you today.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1281 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 am

Andrius wrote: I have to wonder though, if he is scum, why would he claim 50% B. Proof on top of a B. Princess? It seems like that weakened the claim, IMO. Idk why scum would want to purposefully weaken their fakeclaim. >_>
It's a valid question. You are going to get into WIFO territory here, but if it is a fake-claim he needs some reason why he isn't Nightkilled, especially given that a NK skips the next day per his posting. And if he really is 50% BP there is no Pro-Town reason to make it public knowledge. That's a potential nasty surprise for the Mafia if kept in his pocket.

All that said it isn't outside the realm of possibilities for it to be true. Which is why I want some explanation for that whole Lie Detector style inquiry he started.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1296 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm not so far. I have to say his explanation about the whole 'Voldemort' debacle doesn't instill me with confidence.

If I can't get any takers on non-content prodcure Nobody Special I'll do a quick re-read of FakeGod in tomorrow morning.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1385 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

After reviewing FakeGod’s ISO, Andrius’es VC analysis (thanks for actually providing helpful content this game, BTW) and today I come to the following conclusion.

His vote records Day 1 and 2 don’t inspire me with confidence. Day 1 he hung around on Espeonage and not voting until leaping onto Sudo’s mislynch at the end. Day 2 he hung on dramonic but ended up with an idle vote at Day’s end.

The explanation re: the whole Voldemort gambit is just horrible, as has been pointed out already.

What seals it for me are the AtE and Appeals to Fear I’m seeing in place of scum-hunting. Posts 1290, 1308, 1335, and 1366 embody this. 1367 is the closest I see since FG came under pressure to him actually looking for the Scum he’s claiming not to be. And even it is more postulation as opposed to providing a case.

UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: Fakegod

I’m willing to take the chance that FakeGod is FakeClaiming his hybrid role.

Of course I’m more than willing to also lynch Nobody Special if enough support materializes in that direction.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1406 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 am

But do you serve coffee?

And do you have milk or creme or do you only serve it Black?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1465 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am

Espeonage wrote:Just lynch so we can move on.
Let's not rush the Day ...

I think mass claims are in order.

Also I'd like to see everyone check in before we have a flurry of votes.

I'd be fine with either Reaper setting the order or Popcorning.

I think the unclaimed at this juncture are -

myself
manho
Rajr
kmd
NS

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1470 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 am

ReaperCharlie wrote:You're making it really hard not to want to lynch you first, raj. Luckily, manho is scummier.
Wasn't rajr one of you solid Town reads from Day 3?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1496 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:01 am

As a heads up I will have LA all weekend due to family issues. I will do my best to make sure my claim is made in a timely fashion.

MOD - Will be LA until Monday in the AM.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1537 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:04 pm

All this speculation before we have a full set of claims makes me a
sad
ANGRY ASS Panda.

Seriously ... cut it the hell out right now if you aren't a Ghost or Treestump.

Also I would say we probably are going to need to skip over MacLock if we want this process complete any time soon. He's claimed Snape and miller and I don't see an reason to hold up NS and I for him to claim that again. Additionally I think he's V/LA and never finalized a replacement with Mod.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1542 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Well this makes my voting decision simple for today.

First things first – VOTE: Nobody Special.

I now know that scum didn’t get fake-claims.

I’m Stan Shunpike,
Conductor
of the Knight Bus. And not surprisingly a Bus Driver.

Target claims –

N1 – jmj chose MacLock and ooba as his targets.
N2 to N4 – each night I’ve chosen ReaperCharlie and farside / manho to bus.

I have idea why jmj chose ooba to switch with Maclock, but it makes sense that others (Sprex in particular) thought something odd was going on during Day 2.

My choice has been to protect Town’s biggest asset each Night. Farside’s play didn’t sit well with me and manho hasn’t been impressive.

I have some more questions in the AM for kmd and rajr regarding their claims. One of them is scum with Nobody and looking briefly at his ISO I have a strong idea. But I will not be voting for anyone other than Nobody Special today. I’ve been bit before for not voting a fake-claim I knew existed (see Victorian Vampire Mafia if you want to see why – damn you Spyrex) and will not get bit again.

I almost feel bad for how poorly your minor character choice to fake-claim worked out for you Nobody. Almost. But the fact that you didn't even bother to research enough to actually claim Stan's job correctly eliminates any sympathy I might have mustered.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1566 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 am

@ kmd and rajr –

I have the following questions regarding your conflicting cop claims that I’d like answered. If you can do so before Mod locks the thread for Night I would appreciate it.

Kmd –

1. What is the flavour associated with your claim of Percy as a Daycop? Why did your claim have none while rajr’s claim had theme appropriate flavour?
2. Please provide me to any links you have for non-bastard games in which a Daycop was not a scum role.

Rajr –

1. What did you hope to accomplish scanning Maclock? Did his return of a Dark Mark make you any more convinced that he wasn’t scum? If he had not had a Dark Mark what would your conclusion have been?

Now on to Nobody Special –

I find it fascinating that you’ve cruised through this game providing no content on short one-line posts until you were busted on your fake-claim. Now suddenly you exploding posts out of every orifice possible. Obvcaughtscum is obv.
Nobody wrote:Magna, being a civil person, I can't really say what I'm thinking right now.
I understand … being caught this late in the game (especially if you are a Mafia Godfather role) on a bad fake-claim must be making you so angry.
Nobody wrote:If I am lynched, and WHEN I FLIP AS I HAVE CLAIMED, lynch Magna. He is a lying scumbastard.
How about we go the way things are going to happen –

When you flip scum we see who your partner / partners kill at night and then lynch your scummy fake-claimed Cop ally.
Nobody wrote: I also would like to point out that Magna and jmj combined have a total of 36 posts. Out of a total of 1554.

2.3% of the total.

Lurking scum at its finest.
Sad sad sad. Your best ‘scumhunting’ effort is to attack jmj who flaked? Why don’t you mention that I had 22 of those 36 posts pretty much in 1 day of play. Meanwhile take a look at your illustrious ISO. 80 posts over pretty much 3 days of play. Subtract your 10 flailing posts since I caught you in your fake-claim and that makes 70 over 3 days. So about 23 a day. Just about what my “lurker-scum” self has done.

And compare the quality of the posts. Mine have actual content and opinions, while most of your amount to 1 liners and filler. If there is lurker scum around it’s you NS – just of the active variety.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1568 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 am

Who are you investigating today with your 'Daycop' role kmd?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1572 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:04 am

Nobody Special wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If there is lurker scum around it’s you NS – just of the active variety.
You can drop the charade, scum. You'll hang tomorrow. Can't you see that?

GOOD MORNING TOWN:

Just me, your resident VANILLA TOWN ZOMBIE. reminding you to LYNCH MAGNA TOMORROW.

Avenge me.
The lulz .. they are in full force. You can drop the charade, scum. You've been caught and lynched. Why don't you just cut to the chase and confirm that kmd is you buddy so we can win this tomorrow.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1580 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 am

Nobody Special wrote:I must go outside now, before I smash my computer.
Perhaps working more dilligently Days 1 to 3 establishing Town cred would make my gambit at the end fail :D

GG my compatriots. I had much fun.

For my Dark Lord Voldemort!!!

BTW my fake-claim supplied by the Mod was Hagrid but as the Mafia QT will show I couldn't resist winning the game with a CC gambit on NS instead of bussing KMD and winning tomorrow.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1582 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 am

Forgot to add I have no objections to having the Death Eater QT released.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1583 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 am

Andrius wrote: Totally called RC as scum in the Mason QT- but selling it to the masses would have been HELL.
If you called it you should have pushed for it. Letting your suspicions ride simply because they are unpopular does the Town Zero good.

I'm rethinking my stance on your improved play that I wrote on your Wiki Andrius :D

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1591 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 am

Andrius wrote:This game also proves that hating on MPR is bad, because he gets cool PRs.

Though his lurking makes Sirius Black sad.
Nope this game proves the MPR is absolutely useless as Town and a potential danger when Scum / Third Party (as shown in KOL Mafia). The only reason why he wasn't Grade-A prime mislynch is the fact that he had you backing him up.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1593 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:14 am

Nobody wrote:Wait -- you sound serious about this.
Sadly he is. Reaper is under the incorrect impression that his Mafia QT is blush full of secret tactics that he doesn’t want getting out. He’s wrong but I can’t exactly do anything about it.
Andrius wrote:So I was expecting to get to the Dead QT and see a bunch of people criticizing my play as Mason. It didn't happen, so I assumed I did something right. I'll just wait for hasdgfas to post his comments and see what's there.
I really want to read the Dead QT.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1705 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:04 am

Sure, let it fly.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1708 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 am

Umm Andrius my boy ... after reading the Mason QT your statement about how you called Reaper as scum are quite overblown. You basically mentioned it once in passing and really without any conviction. Not the smoking gun you presented it as earlier.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”