SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #322 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What up game.

Stef? Town.
Horror? Also town.

So, high fives and stop slapfighting. Turn and go.

One of AC and Sound are most likely scum. THEORETICALLY they both can be from the setup but no way are they scum together.

Unsight getting NK'd and being town flabbergasts me but whatev's.

By the tiniest of margins and if I have to truly delve into the depths to explain why I will buttt:

Unvote, Vote: Sound
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #324 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh yea and joker? Also probably town.

The only thing that itches me is, WHILE NORMALLY NOT TRUE, the method in which me=weird self-voted rang really clear as a town move. The kind that I swear about when I put the rope around their neck.

The other one I need to go back and reaaaly look over is Kat. The ebb and flow of suspicion towards them makes me itch in all those bad ways.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #329 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'll get to specific reasons when I have more time about Sound. Hopefully later today.

And, yes, I do have another couple strong reads. The difference? You two are gnawing at each other like cats and dogs and that isn't helpful. Deer, sure, is a bit different but pointing that out and getting you chuckleheads to agree on it becomes a very, very powerful tool.

At that point with Weird him acknowledging of his own volition that the majority was required and voting for the sole purpose of guaranteeing a lynch, even on himself, is pretty town. Not that I'd ever say that is an AWESOME MOVE but it was a town one.

Together doesn't make sense with the way they've been sniping at each other. I can explain that in detail if I must as well. Sheeeeesh. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #345 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Stef wrote:He didn't really vote for himself. He didn't unvote. He could have known it, he could have not. We'll never know.
....god I hate unvoting rules. Innnteresting though.

BUT, looks like a few things to take care of.

Unos: Soundwish

You know that guy that wants to lay it out without actually committing to what he's saying? Yea. He's that guy.

We're gonna play a game of qualifying language and tenativeness that gives those good old fashioned scumitchies.
ISO 4 wrote: I do not know why you would interpret it as a random vote. For one thing, I had already made a random vote, and making second ones is flat-out anti-town, and for another thing, my post clearly does not read like a random vote at all. Your post really did rub me up the wrong way, and it still makes me angry every time I read it. I find it strange that you assumed it was random.

I should clarify that I think the case that Empking is making against you is not a very good one,
and I will probably move my vote when I get a chance to thoroughly read the thread (weekend access is a little restricted).
Note, he has a stance...ish. See the announcement and the probably. Futher, and this is pretty important, he needs to wait until he
rereads the thread thoroughly

This is on page 3.

MOVING ON
ISO 5 wrote:unvote, vote: Me=Weird for bringing up the idea of a policy lynch on page 3.
Welll...that's sure moving the vote. Maybe this is fine but lets look at after the vote:
ISO 6 wrote:I
am getting the impression
that Me=Weird is
drifting a little.
The whole thing about checking out pman
seemed like
it was only said so he could be seen to be doing something, especially as he didn't really provide any real thoughts on pman. I am happy with my vote.
More awesome qualitative language. Still hedging the bets. Its early though, rite?
9 wrote:So, first thoughts upon looking over the Me=Weird wagon, considering he is closest to lynch with 3 days to go, is that while I still have issues with the policy lynch post and the empty promise of a pman investigation, Exemption and deadjoker's positions on the wagon look scummy.

Mod: I would like to fourth the request for a deadline extension. If it is granted, I will move my vote to either Exemption or deadjoker (have not decided which one I dislike more yet). If it is not, then I would not object to a Me=Weird deadline lynch.
I really hope I dont have to go into detail on this. The wagon is scummy. The wagoners are scummy (but not sure which one "yet" and only if there is an extension). If not he wouldn't object to the lynch? The one he was a proponent of?

Sup my name is distancing from a bad lynch how are you today?
Thanks Hrezs for replacing and Mod for the deadline extension.

unvote, vote: Exemption for post 89. Looks like an opportunistic jump on my Me=Weird vote.
Well, this is not cognitively dissonant, at least. However, multiple posts with only the one right previous mentioning Exemption? Woooodoggy.

SUPER NOTE: Sound scum increases exemption scum by a margin.
Hang on, what is the AC case? Seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. At this point I would go back to Me=Weird for a deadline lynch, but I would really much rather go for Exemption or deadjoker, as I have mentioned before.
Now, this is the beginning of AC probably not a partner. With a mini with two given factions you're looking at 2:2:8 setup. Defending a partner at ALL day one? Noo way.

Now, Exemption? Makes a lot more sense. I mean its not like he's been "pushing" for his lynch by not really doing anything right?
I probably will not have access again later today, so unvote, vote: Me=Weird. This is a pretty frustrating lynch for me, though, as Exemption opportunistically jumped on my original Me=Weird vote and deadjoker's shift from being fine about Me=Weird to damning him for V/LA basically seemed feigned to sound like the majority opinion.
Ohh HAY LOOK AT THAT. Tsk, tsking the wagon he jumps on? Check. Calling out Exemption again? Check.

And thus it ends. New day, new business right?
Vote: Exemption

I still think his jump on Me=Weird was highly indicative of opportunist scum.
OHH SNAP nevermind. Same tune.

In fact. That is the story of all of day two except for defending Emp and /feelings on AC.

And, really, look at this iso. Look at it. And then look at the simple:
Nearly 24 hours without actual posts. Well played guys.

@deadjoker - what do you think of Exemption attacking the circumstances of my point against him rather than the point itself?

Actually, if everyone could answer that it would be great.
Ohh hay I'm going to call everyone out for lurking AND then ask a question about one of my scumbrolinas about the OTHER one?

Wooosh.

And, one last little bit. The reason I think stef is town?

Things like this:
I am surprised that nobody noticed the fact that there was only one kill although the first post says there are two factions.
And the tech reply?
Noticed, sure, but there is nothing productive to say about it at this time. It's not like it's totally inconceivable that with two factions there can be only one kill. Speculation about last night's kills should be nipped in the bud right now.
"Yea sure its says two factions but that doesn't MEAN they both can kill?? P.S. don't talk about it."

Yee-haw?

Chances it wasn't his mafier' kill that went through? High.

Tomorrow I'll deal with Kat. That one is much simplerer and I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO USE THIS MANY WORDS AGAIN:

Look at the function of activity as a function of suspicion.

Yep.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #352 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dig what you're getting at BUT you're missing something important mr joker:

What those two were doing was well past conversation and into U NO U business which isn't helpful. Further, *shock* havin them good ol feelings they are both town means that is doubly unhelpful because U NO U is the kind of thing that loses games down the road.

Opinion on Kat?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #355 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't know what to make of Kat. I think he is a player attempting to look like town rather than being town, but it is gut and not much evidence.
But thats it. On its head. ESPECIALLY when you look at, like I said, the frequency of posting as a function of suspicion.

THAT is why that's a close #2 at the mo to Soundypoo.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #362 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Spyrex: If you are gonna accuse me of something, instead of taking what others say, please post your own case. I would love to hear what YOU have to say, not you using what someone else had to say.

Are you serious?

I've been pretty clear while not building a case yet what the crux is (and, SHOCK, this follows that pattern): Your activity and play is directly related to the suspicion on you. 100%. Reflexive play is scummy.

Now, see, if you were actually looking at what is going on I'm not posting a case or what someone ELSE had to say.

Actually, that is so rediculous here you go:

Direct quotes. Post me "using what someone else said" as "my case"

Or we can flip this pig if I have to.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #365 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Quotes.

Quote me attaching onto it. Nice and simple.

And directly doesn't imply 100% concurrence. Not even the most obvious scumbag is that obvious. Nice addition though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #367 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Has Kat asked for an ISO yet?

I'm waiting patiently for these mystical quotes of me glamming on to what other people have said. By patiently I mean not at all, of course.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #369 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fair enough.

We'll see if Kat is even going to be able to show these quotes to back up this new me being a parrot business (hint: its not gonna happen).
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #371 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I. Posted. That. Point.

I. Was. Saying. He. Is. In. Agreement.

I honestly can't believe I have to do this but what the hell:
I don't know what to make of Kat.
I think he is a player attempting to look like town rather than being town, but it is gut and not much evidence.
But thats it. On its head.
ESPECIALLY when you look at, like I said, the frequency of posting as a function of suspicion.
See the bolded words? They aren't mimicking or saying something that wasn't there. It is agreement.

Those italic words? Those conjoin what he said
with what I said before

So, I guess this:
@Spyrex: If you are gonna accuse me of something, instead of taking what others say, please post your own case. I would love to hear what YOU have to say, not you using what someone else had to say.
Actually means you haven't looked at ohh, what I've been saying since I came in?
The other one I need to go back and reaaaly look over is Kat. The ebb and flow of suspicion towards them makes me itch in all those bad ways.

Tomorrow I'll deal with Kat. That one is much simplerer and I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO USE THIS MANY WORDS AGAIN:

Look at the function of activity as a function of suspicion.

Yep.
Since, of all those posts that was before then wellllllp yea not sure what tree you're pretending to bark up but yea down with either Sound or Kat by a fat, fat margin.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #380 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Is this bizarro world thread?
Emp wrote:Spy: Please quote where you said (before DJ said it) that Kat was trying to appear town.
Well, ya see, when I said I think Kat is scum that requires the above to happen. Asking dead his thoughts and watching him go "hey, that doesn't sound right" and going YES, and look at this why is...ya, know... the whole point of the game?

----

And, when I said tomorrow that refers to game day tomorrow but since no one wants to play the game well sure.

Everyone open up your ISO's and play along because I'm not going super detailed this time.

We've got 52 posts we're looking at. Sounds daunting but don't worry - quick count says half of them are three lines or less! So, we wont deal with those TOO much. Lets look at the big ones:

9: Defense.
10: Defense.
12: Defense.
13: Defense.
15: Defense.
21: Defense.
25: Not Defense! Lets actually look at this one closer:
Hmm.
I still like the idea of lynching me=weird the most.
I will not put him at L1 though.

Amish seems to be pman's biggest defender,
though a few others seem to think that defending those they perceive as town is ok (horror was one, do not remember who else). While I do not usually support players defending others as early in the game as pman did me, his arguments did not seem particularly scummy. For me, pman's response to empking in post 75 is what gives me a non-scum read for now.

Both Amish and Unsight seem to be brewing up sandstorms though. It feels that after their exchange, we really did not get anywhere. My problem with Amish was his initial reaction to unsight (post 114 in response to post 109). His subsequent skirmish with unsight did not help his case. I have a neutral read on them thus far, though amish is definately on my radar.
26: More not defense! This actually has a vote too! The third whole vote the whole game! For... AC! Because why?
I do not necessarily think he is more scummy than me=, but I do not wish to put me= at L1. However, imo a case can be better made on AC because he has more posts and substance for us to analyze, but as I said earlier, I have not liked me='s play. AC's last post trying to paint Unsight as a lurker has moved me to vote.
OHHHH, makes sense. Actually, it could make sense in a way, depending on how the cards fold out. That's a secret for now though.

32: Vote back on Empking. This time for analysis of the NK (which is awesome btw Emp++) no worries.

37: THIS IS THE ONE PAY ATTENTION TO REAL CLOSE:
Horror, how is this back and forth anti-town in any way? The only anti-town thing is using spyrex's statement to get out of the discussion between you two, especially with stef's last post. Nice job trying to avoid stef and divert attention to me.

Spyrex comes in and saves horror from being grilled further by stef.
FOS: Spyrex

Vote: horror
Look at this. Look at it real close.

If you've been playing along in ISO reading time you'll notice something really, really funny here.

This is the second time horrors name has even been mentioned.

Now, why is this soooo awesome?

Shh, it'll be there in a second.

39: Ohh, we get reasons for the vote now. After horror called it an OMGUS. Lets look at them real close:
@Horror: Erm, that was not exactly my reason for voting. Your vote means nothing to me.
Spyrex's comments and your willingness to go along with the stairs he provides for you to leave the stage is what led to my vote.
Hrrrm, you may say at this point:

Wouldn't the vote make more sense on me? I mean, in this scenario I'm truly the evil force aren't I?

Yet, alas.

40: More interesting on the plate:
@Lack of vote:

I thought he put himself at L1, and I was not going to hammer right after he self-voted. I would have been able to get online before day ended to hammer if needed but I wanted to give others a chance to react.

@Vote: How does me not having mentioned you before have anything to do with this? It means nothing. I looked at what spyrex wrote, then the things you said and did after, and voted you for it. This is not OMGUS. Nice attempt at strawman though.
If I feel that you are scummy, am I not allowed to vote for you? I really think that you are trying to use my vote as a distraction, not to mention using "OMGUS" degrade my vote.
More defense of the epic day that was day one but that isn't the fun part. The fun part is pretty much every word of the last one. Again:

Admitting that horror had never been mentioned? Check.
Declaration of "strawman"? Check.
Still not actually saying what horror did that was actually scummy? Check. This actually gets two checks because of later.
Horror being scummy still
for what I did
? Check.

Woohoo.

We're almost done, I promise.

46: Now, I know its been a struggle but you're this far so think about everything you've read and let this one sink in:
Lets look back at all the "cases" and "voting" there have been. Lets really look at how many references to stef there has been in voting horror.

Yes.

47: More defense. Morseo, defense that doesn't make sense with what is in the thread considering the opinions on me=weird and the not voting was only to not place him at L-1. Why? No one knows. Was that wagon going to change? No way.

The rest of this is more of the same white noise defense we saw early on that I swear if I have to respond to in detail I'll rip my hair out.

This whole game has been reflexive - you know, when Kat has actually been around. The day 1 garbage was just that and that absolute avoidance of a wagon on someone they said were scummy is junk. Day 2? Not more of the same but a different segue into f--.

The vote analysis is hilarious and that alone would be enough to lynch in a normal game but no I got to spend a million words on it THANKS.

Actually, hell, I've convinced myself.

Unvote, Vote: Katsuki

-----

TL;DR

*White noise and defense take up the majority of posts
*The poorly done distancing from the day 1 lynch.
*Severe cognitive dissonance issues later on especially in regards to me and my ABSOLUTE BURNING NEED to make a case when,well, yea.
*The horror vote is based
on what I did.
Well, that and stef (see later posts for why THAT is awesome).
*The pair of awesome Empking votes (which is like half the total votes this game)
*Additionally (and this is true speculation) the weird "why are you looking at two factions???" business really gives me that itch there are two factions soo.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #382 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't "quote" it because it is inherent in saying you are scum: I think you are scum then, in fact, you are playing like you are trying to LOOK town and not, in fact, town.

Which, yes, I've clearly said before. SOoo.

If he's "playing along" with me are we scum together? Is that what you are saying?

Yes, in fact, going I could get behind this lynch and then not manning up because ooohhhh nooess L-1 is distancing from a lynch.

And, yea, for all that make cases you just happen to vote him without mentioning him based on other interaction after he votes you because of how he interacted with me.

HUZZAH
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #386 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

Another thing, spyre came into the game and started saying X is town, Y is town, Z is town.. W IS SCUM!!!. I find that to be horribly scummy. Saying people are town is one of the oldest scum moves in the book. Gets you friends and crap don't you agree?
Ohh nelly.

Saying people are town is awesome when, in fact, they're playing slapfighting and are probably town.

Real question though that the grand you keep skirting around is: am I scum with horror?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #388 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Whaaattt

So, by saying the activity is a function of attention before you said anything I, somehow fabricated it?

After, in fact, saying I would post that -tomorrow- in gameday world?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #392 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So now I'm not scum with horror *SHOCK*
Yet no vote although the buildup is starting.

So, the next question is:
If I'm not scum with horror, WHY would I derail a mislynch like that?

As an aside I see I get to play break down the foundations of f-- play with things like "buddying" being bantered around since the single most powerful tool is a strong town alliance moving in a unified direction so lets continue.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #397 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 am

Post by SpyreX »

Not really isn't an answer to if I'm the scum and not scum with horror WHY would I do that at all fyi.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #405 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its dead here and that isn't awesome.

Again, still: Sound or Kat.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #413 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Question to all players: Do you think we should start a lynch all lurkers campaign? I see three: AC, Soundwish, and Hrezs.
Look closer for your lurkers. Katy has words, but that changes naught the meaning.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #421 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

Horror still, STILL, is town.

ISO being gone sucks but I think its on the fix list.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #425 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The sheer amount of fighting I've dealt with with this lynch makes me think this isn't just scum but a scum PR.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #446 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sound's got some real talkin to do.

I DO like FakeGod's Analysis. Only problem is I had good feelings about both deadjoker and horror.

I guess I'll be doing a reread. Exemption did float by so that's worth examining.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #451 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Wooosh thats a nice call and would be awesome if I remembered who I replaced. :P

Of course since I'm town it doesn't change it from my viewpoint but
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #458 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hold on a skosh - are we being screwed around with?

Flavor and everything says more than one group but two nights with just A kill?
FakeGod wrote:Do you also disagree about my analysis that out of the three people who I pointed out, there are no scum among them?
This is a weird sentence that may actually be a for reals slip.

However, there's one easy way to check that:

Unvote, Vote: Soundwish
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #463 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Unless the flavor is a lie there is more than one scumgroup so the flag of LOOK AT THESE SCUM doesn't change even if you were right the validity of this lynch.
Do you also disagree about my analysis that out of the three people who I pointed out, there are no scum among them?
This is saying:

Do you disagree with:

My analysis that of the three people I pointed out, there are no scum.

Which isn't what happened (those three people were his top scum picks based on votecounts). Soo
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #471 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't think the problem is he didn't understand you. Its just that he's pick at straws.

Everybody. Secondary suspect?
The difference between use of scum and town there is tellilng and the fact he had to clarify because he saw what I said makes this white noise.

You know, par for the course.

I like deadjoker still but I want more focused offense and less defense from silliness
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #487 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

A game sitting on its laurels and then MAGICALLY right before lynch a new wagon appears?

On someone I think is town?

Nah, nothing fishy about that.

You guys better pull it together fast because, mark me, if this has to be pushed to lynch and he flips town - dead.
AND AND AND SCOOP SCOOP if you pull it together and Sound, in fact, flips scum - dead.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #505 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes without doubt its massclaim time.

Hrezs you started it popcorn the next one.

While you're at it I'd REALLY like an explanation of that late day madness. Deadjoker getting killed AND being scum with sound surprises me and makes me think you're more town than not but the FakeGod kill doesn't make any sense either sooo
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #507 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm VT.

Exemption might work but I want Emp next.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #519 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

What?

You think there's a scum cop because there's a godfather?

And you claimed doctor in a multi-ball setup and didn't claim your targets?

Woooooo nelly we might have a live one here.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #522 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That is not what I said. I said I think there is a real cop because there is a Godfather. The fact that EmpKing was the only one to admit to being cop makes me think he is the real townie cop.

I said my reasoning for thinking there is a scum cop is because I had thought up a setup before with two mafias, one having a cop and one having a doctor. If you are town, I would appreciate you taking your time and reading things more carefully.
Yea, I'm real bad at reading its hard.

Actually, what you said:
Had Exemption claimed Cop I would have believed that both him and EmpKing were both COPS, but that one was the mafia's cop (A set-up with two mafias, one with a cop and one with a doctor has been a set-up I had considered using for my own game back in the day, I do not know if I have seen it used before, although I'm sure it has been).
To me, a setup with one mafia w/ a cop, one mafia w/ a doctor, and just a doctor doesn't make sense (I obviously know what my role is, although I understand it's not necessairly the same way you all see things). A setup with a mafia w/ a cop, mafia w/ a doctor, a town cop and town doctor makes more sense to me. Thus why I am leaning towards certainty (not 100% granted, but I have no reason to question it) that EmpKing is telling the truth.
Which implies that one of the mafia teams had a role that could find 1 and only 1 mafia. Versus the very useful doctor in a multi-scum setup. Instead of, ya know, the far more likely manipulative effects (Jailer, RB, Redirector) that I would bet on.

Further, this was all predicated on Exemption claiming cop. And you said nothing about what changes in this with him not claiming it. That's irritation uno.

So, this side of the argument is: Empking's a JOAT because there is a godfather.

Which, maybe, MAYBE I could buy but that bevy of tricks with what we've seen even assuming a double-PR scumteam that claimed vanilla doesn't mesh right.

So, lets look at that a bit more:

The setup claimed under the assumption flavor isn't lying and balance is actually achievable:

Scum A:
Godfather
Doctor

Scum B:
? (Manipulator)
? (Manipulator / Goon / Godfather MAYBE).

Town:
JOAT (Cop / Track / Watch / Hide)
Doc
VT x 6

The JOAT I can buyish. The Doc makes me a little more itchy (the only PR it can protect is the only one apparently in the game). Which, honestly, with a flipped scum doc makes it more of a liability in protecting crosskills than actually helping BUT horror was oozing town so. However, I've been wrong in the past and THIS:
I am not sure what multi-ball means. If you are referring to the fact that I did not claim my targets at this time it is because I want to test EmpKing to see if he knows anything. If you are referring to the idea that people I've targeted are more likely to be clear because two nights only 1 person died, that is cancelled out by the fact there was a mafia doctor, there were two mafias potentially firing at eachother, and that there was a Godfather (and presumably another one).
Needs to be cleared up. Now.

You've said you think Empking is town because of his claim. Further, you've all but implied that at least one of your protects are still alive. So, lets look at that side of it:
Me=Weird, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1.
Unsight, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 1.
Katsuki, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2.
Stef, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2.
Soundwish, Mafia Godfather from the Benedetti family, has been lynched D3.
Deadjoker, Mafia Doctor from the Benedetti family, killed Night 3.
FakeGod Amish_Charney, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3.
N3 is easy enough to map out (Scum A killed FakeGod / Scum B killed Deadjoker).
N1 AND N2 only had one kill.

N1 and N2 are where it gets interesting. Under the assumption that scum aren't going to bash themselves against a perceived wall the blocked kill hit different targets. Which means UNLESS Scum B attempted to hit Scum A and the Scum Doc protect right both nights (which would, of course, require the ability to self protect which is one of the many things you could shed light on) IF one of your targets is alive there's a decent chance barring mirror-scum* that we win.

And holding this to "confirm" Empking makes my teeth itch.

*If its mirror-scum I'm calling bastard setup with no town power roles right now. Which I doubt. Hence I doubt this.

But, since I've laid this all out Emp can finish up then you can cough it up and make it simple because yea I can't read afterall.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #524 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Whats the point of a Godfather if the parallel is a other-side mafia that can find 1 scum? and a one shot cop?

You COULD have protected mafia from a kill but even that information makes more sense than not.

And, like I said, I'll acquiesce until empking comes in before I push for the rest.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #531 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

You two make my head hurt but I waited.

Empking makes a lot more sense and I'm REAL tempted to push into overdrive if I'm the mystical still alive player that was "doc"ed N2 and BB has been playing slappywags about.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #537 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

You have nothing to ask me that you're interested in hearing?

And you're playing tight to the chest AGAIN at lylo?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #539 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Push into overdrive as lay out and watch you dangle because this is bordering on crazy - if it wasn't for my read on horror I'd be all over this.

As it sits I'm torn on Hrez and what he was playing at as well with that last minute derail from scum to scum.

Empking's claim makes sense in the setup but I'm not overly enamored with the play.

CSL needs to talk or he's going to be the call.

As for the other I'm obviously wrong about one I'm just not sure WHICH yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #548 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Wait a sec.

Horror said he PM'ed the mod at night and there was no action?

For reals?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #550 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

That doesn't change anything. The part I forgot is where horror say he PM'ed the mods.

Which I'm looking for and don't see?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #553 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not jabbing and I thought it was very clear - if it wasn't for horror and the feel I got from him I'd want you dead to rights after that bizarro godfather business. Tack onto that this new business with PMing the mod at night AND NOT submitting an action and I'm not thrilled.

As it sits half the game is not here and CSL's "i'm going to post I promise" is more than irritating. Hrez was a top pick for scum until DJ flipped that faction soo
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #555 (isolation #38) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yeaa I'm not sure how these are "jabs":
What?

You think there's a scum cop because there's a godfather?

And you claimed doctor in a multi-ball setup and didn't claim your targets?

Woooooo nelly we might have a live one here.
You have nothing to ask me that you're interested in hearing?

And you're playing tight to the chest AGAIN at lylo?
Push into overdrive as lay out and watch you dangle because this is bordering on crazy - if it wasn't for my read on horror I'd be all over this.

As it sits I'm torn on Hrez and what he was playing at as well with that last minute derail from scum to scum.

Empking's claim makes sense in the setup but I'm not overly enamored with the play.

CSL needs to talk or he's going to be the call.

As for the other I'm obviously wrong about one I'm just not sure WHICH yet.
The first is the first question the bolded is the other.

BUT:
If people are considering voting me because of the fact that horror PMed the mod but did not submit any night action, I could write a fairly convincing argument to the mod asking him to make it public knowledge that horror did not do anything last night (and that it does not indicate what my alignment is).
Yes this is the callout. Between this and "TOWNIE means I'm town even though who I replaced PM'ed the mod at night" I'm calling this ridiculousness right here.

Unvote, Vote: Blackberrry
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #558 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

A) Your more suspcious of other people but you're voting me?

Actually I'm the most suspicious of you but horror's townieness, like I've said, is what gave me pause.

B) You are casting a vote this early at Lynch or Lose? especially after I said I think I could convince the mod to post in the thread that horror didn't do anything game-related? You don't want to wait to see if that is the case?

Ohh yea this is really early. How about you get on that "convincing the mod to change the state of the game" hail mary. Now if another vote from one of the lurkers pops up well we'll see but the chances of that happening before the heat death of the universe are slim.

C) If you're town, you really should unvote. Although, at this point, you behavior of voting me when you suspect other people more - doesn't make any sense as you being town.

See a. See b.

BUT LETS GET INTO YOUR CLEARING:
The whole townie thing is the fact that, if I was mafia, how would I know to roleclaim "Townie Doctor" vs. regular "Doctor". Empking has confirmed that his role is "Townie Detective" not just "The Detective."
Lets see if this would be hard to guess:
Me=Weird, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1.
Unsight, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 1.
Katsuki, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2.
Stef, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2.
Soundwish, Mafia Godfather from the Benedetti family, has been lynched D3.
Deadjoker, Mafia Doctor from the Benedetti family, killed Night 3.
FakeGod Amish_Charney, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3.
Hrmm, looks like alignment for PR's is in front of the role. And the exact term for alignment is not only given in the second post but right there!

So, yes, I think you're fully capable of pulling that out from what's given. Its not tough.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #560 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't know if I buy this. Also, you haven't answered Hrezs question of why you thought horror gave off a town vibe. If you are mafia, I could see you as teaming up with someone to A) gain their trust and B) make you look better. And your asking someone if you think myself and you are scum together struck me as odd as well.

I'm pretty sure this was addressed waay back when when I said the stef / horror business was town.

And the latter party was Kat's push only making sense if horror and I were scum together BUT ALAS she wouldn't come out and lay a firm opinion.

A.) The pieces are there. It could be a fakeclaim, or easily pulled from it, or both of you could be scum. Although I doubt the last.
B.) Welcome to Mafia War Mafia! You are a Vanilla Townie. You were having a peaceful live before the killings started. Now, afraid of losing your own life, you have decided to make something about it. Sadly, you have no special abilities other than the your vote, which you can use to lynch scums, and hopefully, only scum.

You win when all mafia has been eliminated.

That's the exact town format. Townie is in it. Its not this drastic leap to assume the other.

But yea get back on that whole mod confirming last night one.

(and we already went over the weird logical leaps in godfather business a few pages ago if I really need to copy/paste I will)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #562 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

.... what?

Semantics now? Semantically you're going to try to argue that I don't think horror was town (it sure appears I was wrong, but at the point).
So you're telling me if you were a mafia and you were fakeclaiming, you would know to claim TOWNIE DOCTOR instead of just DOCTOR?
CSL
, Hrezs, Empking - does that make sense to you? At this point, it appears to me that SpyreX and
Exemption
are ignoring eachother and are probably the scum pair (although it almost seems too obvious to be honest).
At this point, I really hope SpyreX is mafia, because if he isn't, the town is completely screwed.
This is some grade A flailing + AtE. You tell CSL who is exemption that I'm scum with him but put both names in?
That may be a great tipping point and Exemption and CSL are a bag of wonderful as is so I'll call the team right there.

BANG ER IN.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #564 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Keep on keepin on.

That fight and the way it going alone was enough of a towntell that it oozed town.

I thought it was "ridiculous" that was the secret scum buzzword but now its flailing (which you are) and AtE (which you did) that are? I can't keep up.

So you went CSL who is Exemption are you scum with spyrex?? And expect some secret information with that?

Wooooooo
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #567 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Appeal to Emotion - even after all this you're still not voting me. I mean, you're pretending to say I'm scum but cant commit of course.
I asked CSL if he thought your logic made sense. I didn't ask if he was your scum partner. Slipping, are you?
Lets try this again:
So you're telling me if you were a mafia and you were fakeclaiming, you would know to claim TOWNIE DOCTOR instead of just DOCTOR?
CSL, Hrezs, Empking - does that make sense to you?
At this point, it appears to me that SpyreX and Exemption are ignoring eachother and are probably the scum pair (although it almost seems too obvious to be honest).
Bolded establishes the subjects. Italics is a continuation. Since CSL and Exemption are the same person his subjective is:

CSL - does that make sense to you. At this point, it appears to me that you and SpyreX are ignoring each other and are probably the scum pair.

Which OHH YEA THATS SCUMSLIPPIN ON MY END yeeehaw.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #579 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

To be fair I thought the other scumteam was soundwish and hrez until that deadjoker flip.

You and horror were both ridiculously town. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”