Nativity Mafia - Game Over, Praise The Lord!

SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:47 am

Post by SSB! »

confirm
Jewish Kid: Is anyone else having problems concentrating on this? I just can't seem to concentrate.
Cartman: Maybe we should send you to a concentration camp.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:48 pm

Post by SSB! »

Is Mason a real common role over here? I've drew it every game I've been in.
Jewish Kid: Is anyone else having problems concentrating on this? I just can't seem to concentrate.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:43 am

Post by SSB! »

lol.

i'm pretty sure babyj is a mason.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:08 am

Post by SSB! »

Oh holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear savior’s birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear’d and the soul felt it’s worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!

Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices
Oh night divine
Oh night when christ was born
Oh night divine
Oh night divine

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming
With glowing hearts by his cradle we stand
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming
Here come the wise men from orient land
The king of kings lay thus in lowly manger
In all our trials born to be our friend.

Truly he taught us to love one another
His law is love and his gospel is peace
Chains shall he break for the slave is our brother
And in his name all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise his holy name.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by SSB! »

Vote Vis Major

#14 at random.org

Stringing up Baby Jesus on D1 of a Nativity game just doesn't seem right.

On the other hand running him up would be sure to produce an interesting role claim...

:twisted:
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:27 am

Post by SSB! »

Is this type of thing common? I'm still pretty new over here. If that happened at fbg's we'd just consider it a joke. If there has been a precedent for a role that communicates via the mod I might change my mind.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:08 am

Post by SSB! »

It seems highly unlikely to me that we just get handed scum from the sky. I'm against lynching people that I feel aren't likely to be scum. Peacebringer and BabyJ know how I feel about the "oh well, it's not a power role" excuse.

Vis Major was a pure random vote from me though. Random.org spit out number 14. Nothing I've seen or he's said makes me think he's less likely than random to be scum. The game event of that announcement does make me hedge towards Baby J being less likely than random of being scum. I don't like the BabyJ votes.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:20 am

Post by SSB! »

Somebody is going to get bandwagoned today. That's just a fact. That's the nature of the game.

Tyfo- i think everybody is a "possible" townie.

I don't mind testing the babyj thing. Don't think we'll end up getting any definitive answers from it though. If he comes up gg does that mean that type of announcement could never be a bg later on? I think not. If he comes up bg does that guarantee those announcements will always be accurate? I think not.

I'd rather just hedge my bets for now and keep a close eye on Babyj. I'm betting the announcement more than likely is in-accurate or irrelevant. If it's innacurate babyj is a terrible lynch choice. If it's irrelevant he's no better than a random lynch choice. Just doesn't seem like a productive place to be going at this point in time.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:26 am

Post by SSB! »

VisMaior wrote:
However, a cop that can remain unclaimed and give results sounds too strong.
What if there is no doc?
i think more that it would be a scummy ability......good way to trick townies into some false lynches
You mean 1 false lynch at most.
I think it would be a mistake to make a blanket assumption no matter what the babj result is if we lynch him.

Who says this isn't a bg role where they can send out varying info.? Maybe they sent out BabyJ as a bg this time when he's really a gg. We lynch him and then the next guy they send out and call a bg actually is a bg?

We aren't going to get any conclusive evidence on what these announcements mean from a lynch of BabyJ today. Anybody who wants to lynch him and then make a blanket presumption on exactly what the mod voice means is somewhere between off-base and scummy to me.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by SSB! »

I think saying we could be "certain" that the voice will always be right just because it is right today is making quite a leap.

That voice could be any number of things. It could come up with strictly random information for all we know. Basing the validity of that voice on one instance makes little sense to me and could be a very dangerous road to go down if it starts getting used to "confirm" people.

Also, I don't see how the "babyd has a slightly higher chance" logic holds up. If this is an ACCURATE view from a good source he's for sure scum. If it's an INNACURATE view from a good source :shrug:. It could also be a scum tool or it could simply be a random element. I don't see how it increases babyj's chance of being scum. He's scum or he's not, but that voice, which we know little about, doesn't change the % any imho because we have no idea what kind of information is being fed to us.

I think the best course of action is to wait for later in the game and see if more information comes out regarding this source. I don't think making a d1 decision based on the little we have in that area is wise.

If you guys do decide to do that please don't leap to huge conclusions. Thinking in absolutes in this game is a terrible mistake.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:32 am

Post by SSB! »

I'm not a mason. Was just f'n around.

Vis major, is it common to have a back-up doc and not a regular doc? Read the write-ups.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 am

Post by SSB! »

hmmm. Claim and counter-claim.

Unvote

The mason thing is shtick though. My bad if it caused any confusion.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:57 am

Post by SSB! »

BabyJesus wrote:
SSB! wrote:I'm not a mason. Was just f'n around..
lol. I had thought maybe you were a cop who had viewed me.
nah. i never get cool roles.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:16 am

Post by SSB! »

dybeck wrote:SSB, you claimed here that you were a mason, and now you say you're not. Why is this?

I agree that the three wise men make sense as masons.

If anyone here is one of the three wise men and is NOT a mason, then one of them should speak up. They're major characters in the Nativity, and will, of course, be in this game. They needn't divulge any further role information.

Otherwise, we should be lynching one of our two liars - SSB and VisMaior.
bump the post where i claim mason. good luck finding it since it never happened.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:43 am

Post by SSB! »

Vote Vis
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:22 am

Post by SSB! »

Reluctantly Unvote

Just want to see where this goes.

Reason I don't believe Vis is because a BACKUP DOC died N1. Maybe I'm stupid, but if you've got a back-up don't you have to have a "starter"? I'd think somebody with a power role would atleast read the night write-up, and I'd think most people would easily conclude you can't back-up something without having said something.

What's bastard modding?
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 am

Post by SSB! »

Vote !Chucklez!
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:44 am

Post by SSB! »

I pull what Chuck is doing now over at fbg's when I'm too lazy to think up a creative fake.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:46 am

Post by SSB! »

!Chucklez! wrote:
dybeck wrote:Just tell everyone who you are so they can lynch you anyway.
Exactly. I'll not tolerate retarded wagons like this anymore. Now that I'm lynched I'd like to congradulate you all for lynching a Doc/Roleblocker. Maybe if stupid-wagons keep failing like this enough people will stop going along with them. I made a simple mistake and apologized, that is
not
a scum tell believe it or not. People make mistakes, just like you all did here.
Vague claim.

It wasn't stupid. It's d2. You opened w/ what seemed like both a very anxious (HEY EVERYBODY, I WANT TO MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE MYSELF WITH THE TOWN BY SAYING
WE
ARE IN GOOD SHAPE!!!) and was wrong. It was as scummy a "tell" as you'll usually get. Being d2 we don't have enough great info to expect much more than that so you predictably got run up.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Post by SSB! »

lol.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:30 pm

Post by SSB! »

Vote Dybeck
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:56 am

Post by SSB! »

dybeck wrote:
SSB wrote: Is Mason a real common role over here? I've drew it every game I've been in.
Ah... *scribbles in notebook*... SSB is a mason...
SSB wrote: I'm not a mason. Was just f'n around.
That's lying. On here we call it lying. Or... hinting at a a role you're going to try to claim later... Or something.
bump the post where i claim mason. good luck finding it since it never happened.
Well... it did, and I did.

THAT'S why I'm voting SSB.
Lol. If anybody was expecting me and Baby Jesus not to fock around they set their expectations way too high.

Again, no claim there pal. I'd call you a dumb ass but...

I hope I get a few more votes. It'll make for an interesting sample.
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:58 am

Post by SSB! »

Thoth wrote:
vote:Squonk

For posting this crap.
:goodposting:
SSB!
SSB!
Goon
SSB!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by SSB! »

sure is quiet in here...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”