Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 am

Post by imkingdavid »

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Got you.

I may also be V/LA this weekend (starting Thursday), depending on how things turn out (I might be going camping; no internet). I'll be more sure about it closer to that time.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am

Post by imkingdavid »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zajnet wrote::facepalm:

This is one of those times that this site had a facepalm emote like the other site I play mafia on.
Any reason you felt the need to not bother to join in the Random voting? Indecisive as to whether to bus your partners in RVS?
For the record, Zajnet was the first player to post in this game, and he began the Random voting.

Any reason you felt the need to not bother reading the thread? Indecisive as to whether to attempt to mislead the town?
Jack wrote:
vote:im***kingdavid
What's with the asterisks?
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Porochaz wrote:I do not see any rolefishing.
^this.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

I don't understand Jack at this point. I don't see what he talking about as far as rolefishing (and when he is asked about it, he says "Are you blind?" instead of answering the question). I am almost wanting to think that he being obscure on purpose... but it all just seems odd to me.
Jack wrote:Good call, and after a claim is forced out of me your going to be like *innocent* "well it was just an rvs vote you know" *innocent*
I don't see how anyone could interpret Sotty7's vote against you as an RVS vote, given the circumstances surrounding it, so this appeal to emotion is highly suspect.
And why are you even worried about claiming already? You only have... 2 votes on you, unless I'm missing something.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, so I have confirmed that I will be going camping, assuming all goes as planned, so
V/LA Thursday until Saturday (not sure on specific times so just make it all day just in case)

Anyway, I'll have a more substantial post later. I need some sleep right now.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:33 am

Post by imkingdavid »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’ve read the thread. I appreciate the attempt at humor. What I find interesting is that you are the only one who bothered to attack my ‘mistake’. Add your ‘random’ start of game vote and I have to wonder - Holding a grudge from the Newbie game for some reason?
Nope, no grudges. Don't flatter yourself into thinking that you're the only player in this game I've played with before. You just happened to be the one my finger landed on when I shut my eyes and jabbed the screen,
and
the one that random.org suggested. 2 out of 2 random methods chose you, so that's where I put my vote.

And I'm not sure it's fair to say I
attacked
the `mistake`; rather, I was just pointing it out in a slightly sarcastic fashion.

As for all the meta stuff... I am not good about remembering how people act in certain ways, nor do I really have the time to go back and read other games as well as play this game. So, if you guys feel that meta is good enough for your votes, that's up to you. But I prefer to stick with the current facts.
In any case, I don't like all of this stuff about "so and so always does X to get Y reaction from Z as town"... I mean, what about when they decide to change their play style up a bit?
I prefer to look at things from a standpoint of whether or not I see a pro-town motive behind it, rather than from whether or not someone has done something in the past as town or scum.
Jack wrote:There was rolefishing. But I'd appreciate it if it that subject was dropped--
...So you're just going to accuse someone (I assume me) of rolefishing without explaining it (even when multiple people agree that they don't see what you're talking about and ask for an explanation), and then when people push the issue, you're going to ask for it to be dropped. Either there was rolefishing or there wasn't, and your attitude about the subject makes me think that you're fabricating it to further your own agenda.

V/LA is starting fairly soon. I'll be back Saturday, at which point I'll read what I missed, answer any questions that might pop up, and give my thoughts. Sorry for the low activity up to now; I should have plenty more time after my V/LA.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

For the record, I am back (have been for a day or so) but I have been busy with church and then a (home-schooled) friend's graduation ceremony/party that ate up my time this weekend. I'll have a post tomorrow.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:56 am

Post by imkingdavid »

First of all, UNVOTE: Magna. That was a random vote which has now become a wagon (at L-1, now L-2 if I'm not mistaken), and I am unsure that such a quick lynch would be helpful at this point.

Anyway... so I'm not liking Jack's overall play. I've never played with him before, and many of you seem to want to write it off as meta. However, from what I'm used to, those who do some of the things he is doing end up being scum.

(All quotes below are of Jack, unless labeled otherwise)
Don't rolefish.
Some decent advice, but first it's sort of ambiguous as to whom it was directed. Secondly, he wants to never revisit this issue again (see further down), despite never having given any explanation about it, even after being asked by multiple people to do so.
fos:magna
fos:locke lamora
Shows suspicion in two people but does not say why. Keeping his options open.
There was rolefishing. But I'd appreciate it if it that subject was dropped--we seem to have escaped without too much being revealed and I'd like to stay that way. That means you sando ok?

unvote, vote:Locke Lamora
Makes an early accusation, but never explains it despite being asked about it; wishes that it doesn't get brought up again, wanting to "escape without too much being revealed". Personally, I think that revealing the basis of an accusation is an important part in accusing someone of something.

Follows his prior fos with a vote, but still does not elaborate on why.
unvote, vote:Magna
Uses up an entire post on a vote without any explanation or... anything, really.
zajnet is posting elsewhere.

magno is very scummy, don't think it needs to be explained.
Opts against explaining his vote (if you have a reason for your vote, share it with the class; otherwise, remove it)
hmm Ithink I know who another scum is besides magna
Fails to elaborate on his opinions; seems to be posting just to have a post in there somewhere, without adding anything to the table.

I guess what I find the most scummy about him at this point is his lack of explaining his actions. He likes to jump into action, but doesn't share his reasoning for his actions with anyone else. I feel that anyone that does not contribute is not working for the best interest of the town, making them anti-town, which needs a vote.

Secondly, he likes to jump votes. So far, we're on page six, and he has voted (not counting rvs)...4 times. I won't accuse him of jumping wagons, as he was only second on the MoI wagon that sprung up shortly after him, but he does seem to be afraid to hold his vote in any one place for too long.

So without further ado...
VOTE: Jack
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Incognito wrote:
- imkinddavid has been prodded.
Oops, I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. Also, yes I am kind, in most cases, but that's not how my username is spelled. ;)
farside22 wrote:IMKD: Who else do you find scummy and why?
At the moment? Other than Jack, I am a bit suspicious of the speed that the MoI wagon popped up, so those on that wagon are suspect, in my opinion. I'll need to take the time tomorrow to look through each person and see whose behavior has been most suspect though.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 am

Post by imkingdavid »

I'll post later today. I've been busy the past few days.
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

Post by imkingdavid »

Well, I was just about to replace out since I really don't have time for this game. However, since CBD is already replacing out, I don't want to put us in a position of two replacements at the same time, especially three days before deadline.

Here's my excuse, take it or leave it: I am going to be moving into my college dorm on Tuesday and have been (and will be) busy packing and getting ready. Once I get there and get settled, I should have plenty of time to sit down and play the game.

So while I know I promised a post yesterday and this is all you've got from me since then, and while I will try to find time to post as often as I can over the next few days, don't expect a great deal of activity from me.

Here's something I would like to say though: I agree with MoI on how Jack has been playing. It may be tunnel vision, which I am trying to avoid, but currently he is the only player I really have a scum read on at this point. It seems that quite a few of you are bent on lynching Charlie. I'll take a look at him and see if I agree or disagree with that and go from there.

Replaced by vollkan. - Incog-mod
Last edited by Incognito on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eaten!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”