Newbie 994: Stop! In the Name of Sudo! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 am

Post by seth »

/confirm
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 am

Post by seth »

1. Started a few weeks ago. Played mafia a few times IRL.
2. There's more logic involved in online, but it's harder to set tones and catch context clues whilst typing and reading so there are definitely both pros and cons to both.
3. No, but I do think that you caring about our opinion on you so early on in the game is scummy.

4. Lynch all liars.
5. Lurking isn't scummy, active lurking is.

6. Hammering quickly without good reason is scummy, building up your case for 10 pages and then having hammer and then hammering is not.

@needle

Why do you care about what we think about you so early on in the game?

@Danny

Is there a reason why you don't want to answer any of the questions that have been asked? Or is there a reason why you haven't?

@Holly

Why are RVS pointless? Do you think they're not pointless in non newbie games?

Vote: dimaba

Here's to hoping that not every single one of your posts is as long as 21.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

Post by seth »

Eh. I don't really like it so much, the question wasn't necessary to propel the game, his first two questions were good enough. Anyways, I don't like lengthy posts because then I have to read them :( If anything they may just be long because people are wordy.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:26 am

Post by seth »

Blah. Let's get a BW going or this isn't going to go anywhere.

unvote
vote: needle
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 am

Post by seth »

@warriormode

Let's see what I said shall we?
seth wrote:Anyways, I don't like lengthy posts
because then I have to read them :(
If anything they may just be long because people are wordy.
It's like you're intentionally twisting things.

@iamatree

I'm trying to start a BW to make it more interesting, the chance that someone will seriously be lynched off of RVS is less than .001%.

@Danny

I chose Needle because I don't believe his explanation of his third question of what we thought of his scumminess. I didn't choose Warrior because he hadn't done anything scummy and I'd rather put pressure on someone scummy :)
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by seth »

Nah. Let's look at what I actually said shall we?
seth wrote:I don't really like it so much,
the question wasn't necessary to propel the game
, his first two questions were good enough
It's not that I find your answer 'its to generate conversation' scummy in general, I just don't think in this particular case it justifies you asking us whether or not a simple question puts you in scum or town light. I don't see your third question as beneficial, it sounds like you're being super careful with how the town perceives you, which scum tend to do. How does you asking us whether or nor we think an innocent question like RVS vs RQS so early on makes you scummy or not propel the game in any way? I'm not seeing any progress, I'm seeing us arguing about it which is boring and superficial.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 am

Post by seth »

Yup! I don't think that his explanation quite fits what he asked. Generally, such an explanation looks protown right? In this case I don't think it's protown because it doesn't sound genuine as its not necessary. There's no need to ask a scummy question in order to spur conversation. I believe that he was being super cautious early on in the game over a simple question, which I feel scum tend to do.

You find it hard to believe that scum is cautious with how they do things early on in order to not attract attention? Lol. Saying that he's experienced in the game is stretching things, he's never played a game of forum mafia before. And yeah, I do have a problem with his question, I couldn't think of any reason why town would ask such a thing, so I was hoping that he could enlighten me. His answer was something I had already thought of, and wasn't satisfied with :(

Welcome to the BW!

Why can't you go back and answer those questions yourself? Or assuming it was a typo, why would you need to answer a question directed at me?

What do you think of needle asking us what we thought of his alignment based off of an innocuous questions such as RVS vs RQS? Does being careful with how town percieves you so early on in the game seem scummy to you at all?

@ Danny

I have given a reason, and I've explained why I didn't BW onto Warrior. You're making it sound like I didn't want to start a BW but that I just wanted an excuse to vote needle. I don't see why I would need an excuse to vote needle as town, so that would make me scum FYPOV right? Then why haven't you voted me? Unless there's a reason FYPOV why I'd want to find an excuse to vote needle as town?
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by seth »

I guess I see where you're coming from, I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree. Let's assume Player A who happens to be scum slips hard. Would you say "Player A's slip was too blatant, I find it hard to believe that he/she is scum." Slips, are slips regardless of how blatant or not they are, and I do think he slipped by being over cautious. On the off chance that he IS town, then it wouldn't hurt to put on some pressure and see whether or not he [needle] will slip or show he is town over time. You said he had some experience. Regardless of how much experience he has, he still has experience does he not? Asking us, the town, whether or not we think that his questions make him seem scummy in our eyes is hardly a RQ. Asking us how much ingame experience we have, or our views on common debate topics such as "lynch all liars" and "quick hammer vs hammer" are RQS. If you feel so inclined as to answer my questions for him, can you explain how his third question induces conversation that will lead to slips and town tells? Don't tell me that the only reason why he asked that question was because the topic was about RQS, because I'm not buying it :/

Cool. I don't really care, up to you.

Here, I'll try to convey what I see it as more clearly with an example:

Player A: Ok guys, what do you all think about RVS vs RQS? Do you guys think I'm scum for asking that?
Player B: Uh. Why would we see such an innocuous question as scummy, and why would you even ask such a thing?

I just don't get why he would ask that. It's seems way too opportunistic based off of his previous question to come off as random. It's like:

Player A: Ok guys, don't lynch me! I'm cop! Um. Do you guys believe that claim?
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by seth »

Awesome! We can debate about the difference between "having some experience" and how experience pertains to an individual or we can focus on the game. So, let's BW on needle.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by seth »

'Cause I find him scummier than anyone else and I want to put pressure on him and see if he's town/scum :)
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by seth »

Yeah, I used the wrong terminology but what I was trying to say was that the chance that someone would be quicklynched D1 is super unlikely so one shouldn't take an initial vote too seriously. That clear things up?
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:30 am

Post by seth »

@dimaba

Cool! Maybe we should let him decide what his intentions were? One can easily turn anything into a scumtell or a towntell depending on how one looks at it. From his absence of elaboration, I think that he didn't read carefully enough, otherwise I'd be voting him right now wouldn't I? I don't like how you're twisting my reasoning for my FoS when it has been generally agreed upon that the question in question was strange and superficial towards conveying more conversation.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 am

Post by seth »

'Cause I think she's scummy. Unless you've got a different candidate whom I'd be happy to hear about, there's no point in being picky about BW's concerning people that haven't towntelled.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by seth »

Blah. My fucking post got deleted when I switched pages and I couldn't get it back. Fuck you IE.

Anyways.

@dimaba

I was typing up a retort but then realized - it seems strange that he would ask a question and vote without waiting for an answer. Do you think noob - scum would be inclined to do that? Apple did it too, but my gut says he's town, what do you think?

I wouldn't call you saying that I'm twisting innocent posts as agreeing with me.

@danny

What's your opinion on noobs asking a question and voting without waiting for an answer?

@needle

Ehhh...

My gut says that you're scum but considering that I don't have a strong case to push you with, there are scummier players, and no one wants to jump on the BW and input pressure, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as of now.

unvote

---

I want to see Tree's response to the allegations before I hop onto his BW, and I'd also like to hear Danny's response.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by seth »

LMAO.

I love this guy.

Anyways,

How does my issue on quick hammers pertain to me voting Dimaba RANDOMLY at all? I'm super confused right now.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 am

Post by seth »

My gut's telling me neither tree or warriormode is scum.

theperson, how am I town for makin the first argument?

apple, warrior did it in his post where he voted me. did you unvote me because i said you were town?
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 am

Post by seth »

I don't see his reasoning as to why he agreed with DDDP as scummy/buddying. I don't see a FoS on DDDP as completely unwarranted though.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by seth »

I'm not sure if I can confidently say that you, dimaba, or theperson are town so I think I'll decline. Beanman, you agreed with DP, but didn't vote why not?
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 am

Post by seth »

I'm actually inclined to disagree. While Warrior hasn't done any scumhunting so far that confirms him to me as town, he
has
tried. I'll do a reread later and vote when I have more time.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”