Newbie 994: Stop! In the Name of Sudo! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

Post by warriormode »

confirm
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by warriormode »

@needle- I have only played played in live games as well. i hav a game going on off the site and this one currently and these r the only online games ive ever played. I find online to be a little bit of a drag sometimes cause it takes for ever to lynch someone whereas in live games it only takes like a minute to lynch someone and the game moves fast. What i like about online is everybody is experienced, logic on here is more advanced than my logic in a lives game. It makes u think a lot which i find really cool. As far RVS vs. RQS, no body should think of you as scummy for being in favor of RQS. at least i don't. Well anyways i hope this will be a good game. Hope we start soon. Good luck!
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by warriormode »

Alright so Seth: If u don't like long posts, does that mean ur not going to take the time to read them and analyze them? because u would need to in order to give a valid decision on who to lynch.
If not, then you wont be able to support the town and make votes with fair reasoning.
i'll just get to the point since you're not in favor of reading too much :)
Vote: Seth
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:27 am

Post by warriormode »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Seth, why'd you pick needle as the one to start bandwagoning?
Why not warriormode so your target would have more than one vote and thus be an actual bandwagon?
Why are you encouraging seth to start a actual bandwagon? Do you find bandwagons in favor of the town?
I don't really know what's most effective due to my lack of experience but if bandwagons are really effective, why don't you vote for needle?
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 am

Post by warriormode »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm trying to decide if those who've jumped the bad seth bandwagon or those who are waffling just off it are scummier right now, it's a tough call.

Reasons why we should be bandwagoning warriormode:
1) His tone in his first post with any content seems alienated. Good luck? I have a hard time seeing a townie wishing the rest of the town good luck, it seems more natural coming from an outside perspective and the only outside perspective in this game is scum.
2) Votes seth, since I think seth is townie mctownerson this is bad.
3) Super unsubtly tries to get me to move my vote off of him onto someone else by suggesting the value in a bandwagon. It's phrased innocuously but the intent is quite clear.

I would also help bandwagon iamatree for mostly the same reasons at this point.
Well if you seriously think I'm scum because of reason #1, well then
Good Luck!
taking this bandwagon to a lynch. This is my first time playing on mafiascum as it is for the other person I was talking to, so if saying good luck makes you scum, then I must be scum every game i play with you.

Reason #2- At least I have better reasoning then your reason #1.

Reason #3- You didn't even answer my question about bandwagoning. How can you justify that I was trying to make you move your vote. I don't care if you have your vote on me. Especially with these reasons.

It seems like your coming with any crappy excuse possible to start a bandwagon which I'm finding scummy.
Unvote, Vote:Debonair Danny DiPietro
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 am

Post by warriormode »

Sorry you did answer my question. but I still stick to all of my other statements
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by warriormode »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
warriormode wrote:Sorry you did answer my question. but I still stick to all of my other statements
I'd like to note that beyond this your arguments consist essentially of a weak argument that tone cannot be used to judge alignment. I say otherwise, perhaps you will always say "good luck" or perhaps in this case I'm reading the situation wrong, but it is a legitimate form of analysis and in this case I believe it to be correct. Other than that, I think your second point amounted to "nuh uh" so after you conceded reason #3 and I've eliminated your other reasons for your vote you're looking rather foolish right now.

@Seth The big problem is that warriormode is pressing votes and arguments based on "x didn't happen" when x did in fact happen. This means that warriormode is NOT reading the thread for content which suggests that in fact he's not looking for scum, instead just making arguments: a function of scum not town.
So you are calling someone who says "Good Luck" = Scum a legitimate form of Analysis? :roll: And no, my 2nd point did not amount to "nuh uh", it actually said (believe it or not) I'm making better arguments then you are! And no, I did not completely eliminate reason 3. I still said that I don't care that you have a vote on me because I know your bandwagon will never work seeing that 4 other people will have to agree with the arguments that you made. (Note: your best argument is your "legitimate" form of analysis :arrow: "good luck" = scum) :P

I actually do read the content, which is why I took off my vote on seth who was at L-2 and put it on someone who actually seems suspicious to me. Also I'm pretty sure that Apple claimed that your making arguments without legitimate reasons. I'm not really sure who agrees with you right now. And also note once you find someone you think is scum you can start the arguing. :cool:
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by warriormode »

warriormode wrote:
warriormode wrote:Sorry you did answer my question. but I still stick to all of my other statements
I'd like to note that beyond this your arguments consist essentially of a weak argument that tone cannot be used to judge alignment. I say otherwise, perhaps you will always say "good luck" or perhaps in this case I'm reading the situation wrong, but it is a legitimate form of analysis and in this case I believe it to be correct. Other than that, I think your second point amounted to "nuh uh" so after you conceded reason #3 and I've eliminated your other reasons for your vote you're looking rather foolish right now.

@Seth The big problem is that warriormode is pressing votes and arguments based on "x didn't happen" when x did in fact happen. This means that warriormode is NOT reading the thread for content which suggests that in fact he's not looking for scum, instead just making arguments: a function of scum not town.
So you are calling someone who says "Good Luck" = Scum a legitimate form of Analysis? :roll: And no, my 2nd point did not amount to "nuh uh", it actually said (believe it or not) I'm making better arguments then you are! And no, I did not completely eliminate reason 3. I still said that I don't care that you have a vote on me because I know your bandwagon will never work seeing that 4 other people will have to agree with the arguments that you made. (Note: your best argument is your "legitimate" form of analysis :arrow: "good luck" = scum) :P

I actually do read the content, which is why I took off my vote on seth who was at L-2 and put it on someone who actually seems suspicious to me. Also I'm pretty sure that Apple claimed that your making arguments without legitimate reasons. I'm not really sure who agrees with you right now. And also note once you find someone you think is scum you can start the arguing. :cool:
A) I usually get more value out of evaluating tone than someone's arguments. Everyone mostly makes the same sort of arguments whether town or scum, but I know personally I speak from a different tone when town and when scum even though I try to make them the same. You can roll your eyes all you like, but there's definite value in such analysis.

B) Maybe no one agrees with me right now, but the rest of the town looks like a squishy bunch. They'll screw around without seriously pressuring anyone and then it'll get near deadline and I'll be the only one with a case and arguments and a bandwagon all set up to go and they'll probably fall in line behind me if I keep pushing. Course I might change my mind by then, but right now that's the current plan, care to keep lobbing softballs in my direction so I can keep knocking them out of the park?
Ok well, I will never believe your evaluation of tone analysis because its a bunch of bs. And no, making these kind of arguments and analyzations is not a neutral tell, one who resorts to analyze people with a crappy analytical lens (ex:tone) desperately hoping to get lucky that people will follow, is definately a scum tell.

You should never assume people will join your wagon, I'll put up just as many arguments that people will actually agree with, and I'm willing to keep on pushing until you are lynched. Like I said "Once I find scum, the arguing begins".

btw, your last statement is just putting more pressure on yourself because people will have higher expectations from you and so far, no one seems to be very impressed.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by warriormode »

One thing I would like to point out: DDD just used similar logic to his case on me to switch his vote to DP. Any thoughts?
How can anyone follow him his case really. He doesn't use good logic and he has to be asked at least twice and properly to answer questions (God damnit man, just answer them! If you didn't see it thats different, but if you don't answer a question because of wording... thats ridiculous).
The deadline is coming up, I'm keeping my vote on DDD, but I'm fine with any lynch. I only ask that we don't follow DDD's vote based on his logic so far. If you vote with DDD at least come up with better reasons than his.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by warriormode »

Volo wrote:I've never seen anything like an alliance suggested in my online play experience so I can't really say from experience whether it's inherently Town or Scum motivated and I think it could go either way.
warriormode wrote:The deadline is coming up, I'm keeping my vote on DDD, but I'm fine with any lynch. I only ask that we don't follow DDD's vote based on his logic so far. If you vote with DDD at least come up with better reasons than his.
I agree with DDD that this is a scummy thing to say. It looks like he's saying this so that he doesn't stop on any specific person's toes and so that can "safely" jump on any wagon that might come up and not be chastised for it.

So I'll
Unvote: Seth

And
Vote: Warrior

I think this is a better direction than David wagon and DDD wagon [and iamatree wagon of course].
No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying I will be fine if five other people decide to lynch someone else. I'm not gonna switch my wagon I'm keeping my vote.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by warriormode »

Applefarmer wrote:
warriormode wrote:One thing I would like to point out: DDD just used similar logic to his case on me to switch his vote to DP. Any thoughts?
How can anyone follow him his case really. He doesn't use good logic and he has to be asked at least twice and properly to answer questions (God damnit man, just answer them! If you didn't see it thats different, but if you don't answer a question because of wording... thats ridiculous).
The deadline is coming up, I'm keeping my vote on DDD, but I'm fine with any lynch. I only ask that we don't follow DDD's vote based on his logic so far. If you vote with DDD at least come up with better reasons than his.
Anyone as long as we do not pay attention to the guy who is after you? Would you be fine with lynching dimaba or myself?
Why r u suggesting diaba or urself?
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:15 am

Post by warriormode »

Applefarmer wrote:
theperson wrote: Anyway, this whole DDDP thing: This might sound weird, but I think both Applefarmer and DDDP are town. Applefarmer has been going a lot at DDDP, and the way he's arguing just comes off as town. I understand his arguments, but disagree with a lot of them. DDDP has been doing a good job keeping this going and pointing out where people are going wrong.
I don't feel as strongly about DDDP anymore, mostly because warriormode is looking pretty scummy to me right now. If that's the case, then I'd have a harder time believing DDDP was scum after the way he's called warriormode out. So yeah... I'm all but ready to lynch warriormode now.

Anything else you'd like to say warrior?
Yes in what way do I look scummy to you?
As far as my reads on everyone else, I have nothing to be honest. Everyone seems to be playing in similar styles.
I'm targeting DDDP because hes the only one that stands out to me.
A lynch is better than no lynch, so lynching you or diambawould be fine by me, but not one I would support.
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by warriormode »

Its okay, I'm Townie, So it doesn't really matter.
"Good Luck" guys,
Oh shit! saying good luck in a scummy tone makes me scum right DDD? :P
Oh Fuck! Smiley, that makes me scum as well huh? :o
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:05 am

Post by warriormode »

Nice job guys. DDD, you did good stuff, Im impressed.
I look forward to playing with some of you in the future.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”