Newbie 994: Stop! In the Name of Sudo! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
maxmatsu
maxmatsu
Townie
maxmatsu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 am

Post by maxmatsu »

Confirm.
maxmatsu
maxmatsu
Townie
maxmatsu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by maxmatsu »

RQS eh?
needle wrote:What's your experience playing mafia? Is it in real life, forums, chat, etc.?
I haven't really played a full game in a forum that isn't based in mafia games, the game usually dies out. However, I have played games in chats.
needle wrote:What do you think the pros/cons may be of playing online vs. real life?
Well, I haven't really played in real life, so I can't really tell you if anything is true or not, but I'd expect that the real-life mafia is based around emotions, what people say, and remembering, since nothing is written, while in the online one you have more time to think and respond, you don't have to worry about pressure and slips. IMO you have to be much more observant online though.
needle wrote:Do you think wanting to skip RVS in favour of RQS is scummy of me?
Eh I have never played with any of both, so I really wouldn't know.
theperson wrote:Lynch all Liars?
In most of the cases, it would be a good idea to lynch a liar, but thats only if you're pretty sure he is.
theperson wrote:Is lurking scummy?
Well, lurking means being there but not talking, so there might be a reason why he isn't talking, maybe he has nothing important to say. Might as well ask him in a way so he is forced to respond why. If you're the lurker, don't go asking to a lurker why he lurks if you're a lurker too though.

Eh, well those are my opinions.

Might as well ask a question too and see if someone answers it.

"What do you think of someone hammering, specially right away?"

I personally think hammering someone needs some thought in itself, as it might mean the town looses 2 town-sided people or a Winloss, but the voters before the hammering also matter imo. Still, hammering someone right away is kind of suspiscious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”