Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Game Over)

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Looking forward to getting this game started. Mark my words, this will be awesome.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 pm

@AlmasterGM: Let's be honest here, no one would be stupid enough to answer anything but "Town" (#1) and "Yes" (#2), especially not a townie. So I will refrain from answering them.

As for #3, I would set him on fire because that $200 could be very important to your fiancial future so it's best to save as much as possible. Plus he probably has evil intention and bad people deserve to die.

And for #4, I'm going to go with Twomz, I would not cheat as I don't want to lose my reputation.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:45 pm

#2: Yes, I got the alignment that I wanted.
#4: That would depend on how much of a good reputation I had. If it's generally negative, then I won't mind cheating. If it's positive, then no, I'm not going to cheat.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 pm

UncertainKitten wrote:WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?
A girl made in Japan.

Let's make this the best RVS evar!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 am

Greetings to Andrius, Toon Fighter, Nobody Special, animorpherv1, CSL, MagnaofIllusion, AlmasterGM, Seraphim, Mafuyu, manho, Twomz, and Espeonage. Welcome caelum and UncertainKitten.

Wow, I've played with almost everyone in here before, ongoing or finished.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey look a survey. Hmmmm ... when the survey maker bothers to answer his own survey I'll be inclined to do the same
I don't think AlmasterGM answered his own questions yet.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 am

animorpherv1 wrote:I'm refusing to answer the qustion, on the basis that half are WIFOM and the other half has nothing to do with this game.
While I do agree that #1 is WIFOM, I don't think it hurts to answer the other three questions.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:For discussion - is it inherently against the spirit of the game to policy lynch Animorph?
Usually, I am against policy lynches on people except under rare circumstances. They are:
1. If they're known to play badly.
2. If we cannot find a major suspect we agree on.
3. If it's done early in the game.

We're already in confirmation stage, so we have #3 in our favor. animorpherv1 is known to play badly in most games so #1 works as well. Therefore, if we can't agree on a major suspect, we would policy lynch animorpherv1.

You just brought up a solid exception to this rule. Given that animorpherv1 did list himself as Mafia/3rd party being his favorite type (Took it down), this increase the chance of animorpherv1-scum in this game. Plus given his meta history and how early in the game it is, a policy lynch on animorpherv1 sounds good, although I would prefer if we actually use the day instead of quick lynching him.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 am

@Seraphim: Would you mind if I attempted to translate your posted restriction?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:23 am

Translating Seraphim's post:

Code: Select all

1) It took me a little to decide but I eventually chose town.
2) This is an interesting question, especially paired with the first one. Do you have a reason to suspect that people may have had their requests not granted? I don't see anything about that in the OP of the signup topic and that kinda would defeat the purpose of the game wouldn't it? My request was granted.
3) Spontaneously combust. Who knows how many times you're going to get that chance in life? Barring, of course, death.
4) Yes, but my reputation at what? Nothing?

Also, hi, Espeonage. Nice to see you again. I know you...I guess. Not like it matters but yeah. Boy am I glad that RQS is over. It seemed like it went on forever once I got started.

It's pregame, Nobody Special.

Not policy lynching but now I see why we're discussing policy lynching animorpherv1 now...he was the only person who says he prefers playing third-party or Mafia. Makes a good degree of sense. Also, I must apologize for the confusion in my posts. Yes it is a form of posting restriction. I have to self-constrict my post and average them up so I have an average of five [REDACTED] per post. Sorry for the inconvience but I'm trying to post the way.

yeah, go for it.

To expand on that, my role PM says there should be no problem with it. In fact, my PM states that my restriction should be solvable, like I am gonna censoring something.

How is that for first attempt?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 am

Nobody Special wrote:SSBF, are you always this serious?
Usually, but not always.
Nobody Special wrote:Do you ever laugh?
Yes I do.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 am

caelum wrote:Why do people ask questions unrelated to the game?
Because it's during the confirmation stage and we're not really require to play the game yet (Although doing it during confirmation stage does give us a head start, see Mafia 114: Mafia Vs. Werewolves).
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Vote: animorpherv1

Admitting to liking being Mafia/3rd party more then town usually isn't evidence pointing that a person is scum but in this case it is. As this is a game where you could choose your side, you would want to pick your favorite alignment and I don't see animorpherv1 picking town.

His meta indicates that he tends to flake out of games he's uninterested in and games he does play to full extend he usually plays poorly in, which already makes him a decent policy lynch candidate as town do not want useless players in their games.

His outright refusal to answer the question is scummy as well, as AlmasterGM has proven that #2, #3, and #4 are related to the game in some way and I'm convinced. While MagnaofIllusion hasn't answered the questions yet either, he at least gave a decent reason for not originally doing so (Which is not moot since AlmasterGM answered the question himself, now he must as well). I don't see a town reason for animorpherv1 to be avoiding those questions at all.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:26 pm

@Nobody Special: Why should we trust you in lynching Mafuyu? You have given us no evidence supporting Mafuyu-scum.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:13 am

@Twomz: I think we're at five votes on animorpherv1.

@Espeonage: animorpherv1 did say that he preferred being Mafia/3rd party to town. With being Mafia/3rd party, you are going to have a much, much higher chance of having a killing role then as town where I can only name off a few roles {Vigilante being the most common}. It's not like animorpherv1 would choose town on the off-chance he's a killing role.
Nobody Special wrote:Because she isn't. Please do try to keep up.
Mind to give us some reasons to work on? You say that Mafuyu isn't town, answer my question and give me an explanation why he isn't town.
Espeonage wrote:I will play along for now until we actually have a play evidence to back it up.
We already do (His refusal to answer AlmasterGM's #2, #3, and #4).
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:59 am

Huggle: Andrius

Okay, back to reality.

Translating Seraphim's Post:

SSBF: close enough. It's a little off but it should serve. I will try to make my posts readable so I can make them understood while still reaching my average. 

Nobody Special: No, I did not want my posting restriction. Though I suppose I was asking for it in the signup thread.

YOU think it's annoying? You don't have to write the restricted posts. I'm just saving up so my posts are readable stuff, when it's important. As soon as the day starts, I say we lynch ani...it's a good idea given the logic behind it. Even so, we should let him speak for himself first.

I am eagerly when the day begins so we can hurry up and lynch animorph. There shouldn't be any resistance in answering the simple questions, honestly. It's a tad annoying.

[b]Vote: animorpherv1[/b]

This isn't really an post. Just keeping my sentence count up in order to reach my average.

[b]Mod: Vote count?[/b]

I don't like the other counterwagon on animorpherv1 at all especially since it has insufficent reasoning that the animorph town. I am interested to hear what animorpherv1 has to say.

ani wagon(6) - AlmasterGM, Seraphim, SSBF, Andrius, Toon Fighter, caelum

Hey, guys, stop it, ani is at L-2. There's a good chance of him being scum but that's no reason to lynch him right now. I want players coming it to be cautious about their vote so we don't accidentally lynch him. I, at the very least, would like a claim at this point. I'm going to have a larger post later...I'm figuring out ways to make sure this post restriction doesn't end up being too annoying.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:14 am

UncertainKitten wrote:@SSBF: What use do you think that possibly has!? In fact, I'm slightly suspicious of your attempt to seem helpful to the Dai Gurren dan without doing anything particularly useful! WE DON'T STAND FOR SLACKERS IN THIS BRIGADE!
If you're referring to my last post, I am attempting to translate Seraphim's posts properly so people who don't see what he's saying because of the [REDACTED] in them may understand them now. My main focus is still to scum hunt.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 am

UncertainKitten wrote:Yet SO FAR I've only seen this useless analysis out of you! It's feel good work, and that is NOT THE DAI GURREN WAY!
I'm assuming that you're referring to me. If that's the case, then I honestly don't see how my analysis are useless. Is explaining why I think animorpherv1 is scum and attacking Nobody Special for not explaining his suspicion on Mafuyu useless analysis? If so, why are they useless analysis?
Nobody Special wrote:SSBF: I cannot, at this time, point you to the information you desire.
In that case, I don't see any purpose of keeping your vote on Mafuyu since you don't have any evidence supporting him being scum.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 am

Really didn't like #120 from Andrius. Some other things I don't like about his post:
Andrius wrote:EVERYONE TAKE NOTE OF THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO ANSWER QUESTION #1.
AlmasterGM clearly said that #1 was silly and didn't have any purpose. That's hardly something to write home.
Andrius wrote:WELP. LYING IN Q1 WOULD BE CHEATING, SO HE IS OBV_SCUM.
animorpherv1 is not answering #1, so he can't really lie. If he was lying, he would say he was town even thought he's probably mafia/3rd party. This makes no sense.

Combined with what MagnaofIllusion and Seraphim said and I'm starting to become suspicious of Andrius.
Twomz wrote:Also, claim.
IMO, claiming outside of L-1 or heaven forbids, L-2 sounds unecessary to me. He's at L-3, so the chances of him facing a quick lynch is pretty unlikely. I don't think he should claim yet.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:00 pm

MagnaofIllusion being concerned about the huggles is interesting for sure. But rather laugh at it and say he's out of his mind, we might as well see if his concern is true or not.
Unhuggle
for now so in case he's right, I won't be putting anyone else in danger.

In the most likely scenario that animorpherv1 is anti-town, this is a haliriously bad fakeclaim. Seriously, a vigilante lover? I don't buy it and I cannot see it being a real town claim.

But thinking about it, I can think of four scenarios:
1): He's telling the truth.
2): He's lying and is part of the Mafia.
3): He's lying and is a Serial Killer.
4): He's lying and is a 3rd-party Loving Father.

First scenario is very likely false. With the evidences supporting he's scum, plus his ridiculous claim, I can't see an animorpherv1-town happening in this scenario.

No need to explain the second or third scenario, they are self-explainatory.

Now the fourth scenario, a loving father wins when a specific player lives until the end. I'm thinking third-party role here. Given that he claimed that he wins if he protects Winnie the Pooh at all cost, this sounds similar to the Loving Father role + with limited (Unknown amount) of kills. I wouldn't be surprise if he's a loving Father and an unknown player needs to live until endgame for him to win.

Andrius wrote:We're looking for scum through their responses. So what if he didn't intend it to be a srs bsns question. I used it as such.
Then you are taking the question way too seriously. It's not like it's going to add mcuh to the discussion.
Andrius wrote:He would answer it if he were town. Why the hell would he deliberately NOT answer, as town? That's stupid.
That's like me waiting around for a Cop to investigate me and go "OH YEAH I FORGOT LOLOL. IMMA MILLER LOLOL"
I also didn't answer #1 and I deliberately said I wouldn't answer it. Does that make me scum as well? If not, then explain why me deliberately refusing to answer the question is different from him deliberately not answering the question.
Twomz wrote:@ SSBF: He's at L-3 with three other people saying they'll vote him but don't want to end the day early... isn't that just as bad as L-1?
Not really. No one would be stupid enough to try to quick hammer him without letting him claim and letting everyone get the oppertunity to contribute to the game. They are willing to kill him off if his claim sounds fake ... and according to how the claim looks, it probably is. If they quick hammer, scum is almost guarateen to be part of the last three voters.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 am

Really am not liking Andrius's play now. Let's take a look at #153. What's wrong with this post:

- He's supporting that we give animopherv1's role a chance. This I highly disagree with, especially since animorpherv1 is very likely from an anti-town faction, especially with his claim.

- Despite support for letting animorpherv1 live, he doesn't unvote him. It makes no sense to support a person living while keeping a vote on him.

- This contradiction:
Andrius wrote:
Sooooo why do people not want to lynch this guy?
He is a 3rd party player who needs Player X alive to win. He probably wins when another faction wins, and Player X is alive.
He's questioning some people on why we should not lynch animorpherv1. Indicates he's supportive of the lynch. Then suddenly this:
Andrius wrote:I'm starting to warm up to letting Ani live. Give him a NK target and let's let him work for us.
Now he's saying he's starting to "warm up" to the idea of letting animorpherv1 live. Not only that, the contradiction is on the same page.

And look at this quote by manho:
manho wrote:i'm actually third-party and win if ani wins and both of us are alive at endgame.
He is claiming that he's a third-party here. Given that we're lynch animorpherv1, a likely third-party, I really do want to lynch manho based off this one sentence. Anyone objects to a manho's Day 2 lynch?

Twomz wrote:@ SSBF: Yeah right, no one's going to do anything stupid on Day 1 in a game of mafia? What crack have you been smoking?
Just because it happens sometimes doesn't mean that they should quick hammer a person. Town knows that doing this, especially on a townie, will put them on a lot of pressure and potentially get them lynched the next day. But would townies be stupid enough to intentionally hammer a person, especially a townie? No they wouldn't.

My suspects are animorpherv1, manho, and Andrius in that order from scummiest to least scummiest.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 am

Given CSL's meta, I wouldn't mind if we end the day now. animorpherv1 is probably scum and regardless of a mafia or third-party flip. If he's mafia, we'll be able to search for connections between him and other players and if he's third-party, we get rid of two likely third-party players. Either way, animorpherv1's anti-town flip will put town ahead of the game.
Andrius wrote:[sarcasm] There's this wonderful thing called "considering other possibilities", which is something that people should do, so I tried it out for a bit. It didn't take over my mind in the end, and the town still has to win, so I dropped it.
Yes we should consider other possibilities in the game, but that does not mean you have to contradict yourself just to do that.
animorpherv1 wrote:vote: AlmasterGM for tunneling.
I'm surprised more people didn't noticed but, but obvious OMGUS is obvious.
Twomz wrote:Anyone have anything else they want to talk about day 1?
Not really anything important. We can discuss our other scum reads, but it's not really necessary dragging the game out longer then necessary.
caelum wrote:post
Is that it? Nothing to say about the game, no opinions. Is this
seriously
a post just to avoid prod?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 am

Regarding animorpherv1 survival:

Something just clicked in my head. We all know that for some unexpected reason, animorpherv1 managed to survive the lynch.

Rather then try to go after animorpherv1 over and over again, I suggest we get manho instead.

Why am I suggesting this? You might want to look at Jahudo's Bastard Mod 2 Marathon game that just happened. I was scum along with animorpherv1/Papa Zito. If I died, Papa Zito commited sudicide. If Papa Zito was lynch, it would be like it never happened anyway. Take a look at it.

I believe that we're in a similar situation here. I believe that by lynching manho, we can get rid of not one, but two anti-townies/scums.

Vote: manho

HoS: animorpherv1

I'm also thinking that we have a vigilante here, especially since Piglet was Night Killed. This indicates that animorpherv1 was probably targetted. If that's the case, then the only way we can get rid of animorpherv1 is by lynching/NKing his partner instead.

animorpherv1 wrote:It's not OMGUS (Oh My, You Suck) it's OMGUS (Oh My God, You're Scum).
When you try to use a well-known scum tell and twist the words up, you know the person is really scummy.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

animorpherv1's defense are so horrible that it's not even worth responding to all of them. It would be a waste of time and we already have more then enough evidence supporting animorpherv1-scum. He should have died yesterday.

Also, if manho ends up not being lynched today, we'll need to force him to kill for the town Night 2. Then on Day 3, we'll
finally
get rid of him and animorpherv1. Two scums down.

Translating Seraphim's Post:

Alright, I'm going to cautiously say that MoI is town right now. Cautiously. Even if I don't like his walls o' text. I am still more convinced than ever that ani is scum or third-party. Given that this seems to be the general consensus, I would really like a full claim. 

[quote]@UK: Can you share anything about your restriction?[/quote]When did UK claim a posting restriction?

Also, BELIEVE IN THE DAI GURREN THAT BELIEVES IN HIM THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!

Also, lemme do something.

[b]Huggle: Nobody Special[/b]

There. That's 15 huggles, one for every player in the game. Let's see if anything intersting or if it's just the mod messing with us.

First of all, everyone. I didn't defend ani, I just don't want him lynched right now. We don't even have all players confirmed and you want lynch support? A little ridiculous, if you ask me.

[quote]Also, if they vote him/hammer him then they're still scummy as hell.[/quote]
I am already voting him. Pay attention.

[b]FoS: Andrius[/b]

Alright, then, animorph is lying, lying, lying scum/third-party. Let's assume he chooses town, what? Instead of choosing a role name that would get him a killing role, he choose Christopher Robin. WTF. I don't buy it for a single minute. It seems so godamn illogical. Honestly, Ani wants a killing role. Not only does he choose town, he chooses a stupid name that is almost guaranteed not to get him a killing role. Makes absolutely no sense. Lynch his ass, please. I don't even believe it, that claim is fucking awful.

CSL is the only person not to post yet. If there wasn't the third-person thing with Mafuyu...well, never mind. I have no problem with lynching ani as soon as possible. 

ani: So you chose Vig as your role name and town as your alignment, ani? I am not buying it...I really want to know who your lover is though so he can back-up your claim at least. It's absolutely unbelieveable and makes you look like scum.

Can we hold off hammering until CSL has made an appearance or he is requested for replacement? Otherwise, I have no problem with ani getting lynched right now. I think it should be obvious why. Man, but this posting restriction is annoying.

[b]Mod: Please prod or replace CSL[/b]
[i]I'm working on it. Technically he wasn't up for prodding yet, but I did it anyway.[/i]

That was me giving out all the huggless. I just chose Nobody Special arbitrarily to prove that it doesn't do anything. 

Twomz: What, getting cold feet? I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to hammer at this point. At least I am not.

Okay, what the heck is up with this fucking Winnie the Pooh bullshit. I'm guessing that animorpherv1 has some sort of body shield thing where these non-player character die in his place. Let's kill him until he dies. Some retarded analysis...looks like a vig tried to kill ani last night, given all this weird Winnie the Pooh shit. MoI is likely a Mafia kill, scum have no reason to kill ani because he's obviously Mafia or third-party. 

[b]Vote: animorpherv1[/b]

I would say explain or die but you're going to die anyway so there's no real reason for you to explain.

Actually, I said if we shouldn't try to lynch manho today. Fuck, why can't scum just die already? It's hard enough that we need to work and get all the votes to kill them, but we need to kill them multiple times too? 

I want manho and ani to fullclaim and explain this fucking shit.

[quote]It looks like MoI tried to kill me, not a vig. TIME TO READ.[/quote]
How do you explain that? Is it the kill flavour?

If he was a lyncher, animorpherv1, he wouldn't have tried to vig you. I suppose we'll see if that kill flavor looks up again. The town does not have a reason to trust you.

We also might want to consider lynch manho rather than ani if this keeps happening.

[b]Unvote

Vote: manho[/b]

If killing animorpherv1 won't work, we'll lynch manho. Ani's vote on AlmasterGM is pretty obvious OMGUS. Let's get this lynch going so we can hunt other scum, please.

^not town, ladies and gentlemen

Trying to cut deals with the town generally shows that the player trying to make said deals is not towny. 

Vote manho, save the town is my statement on the matter.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 am

So animorpherv1 admits to being scum. I personally don't have a soft spot for AtE, so I remain unmoved by those comments. Please die obvious scum.

animorpherv1 wrote:Hey, can I cut you guys a deal? If you start scumhunting for other people than manho & I, I'll help you guys. I'll let you guys kill us later.
As the chances of you being scum are very high, I don't agree to this. I'd rather kill scum now then later. Are you seriously
this
desperate?
Twomz wrote:Now that that's out of the way... anyone want to do anything else today? Or are we fine with trying to overwhelm the winnie the pooh scum group's defenses?
We are definently lynching manho regardless of the situation. However, I don't want the day to end until everyone makes at least one content-filled post we can analyze. Having the day end in the same real-time day as Day 2 started would be detrimental.

For example on how we should use our day, we can look at our other suspects and with HoS's, we can indicate that we want them lynched tomorrow. I may even make a HoS count if I really feel like it.
Mafuyu wrote:Now, for SSBF. For someone that's going out of their way to translate Sera, you haven't voiced anything about Sera's posts, not that Mafuyu has spotted. Is there any particular reason why?
Right now, I have a town read on Seraphim and I haven't found anything scummy about his posts yet. If I find something I dislike out of him, I will make sure to let you know. But for now, I can't find anything to comment on him.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Unvote

HoS: manho

While I do think that Manho/animorpherv1 are not town, the manho bandwagon went
way
too fast. It's not even twelve hours and we put manho at L-1. Plus not everyone has gotten the chance to speak yet (Namely CSL, caelum, Espeonage, Nobody Special, and manho). We should not lynch until at least twelve people have given out at least one content-filled post in the game. I'm not saying we have to wait until the deadline to lynch, but let's give people a chance to speak.

Until then, my vote will be on animorpherv1. I will switch back to manho once he has the oppertunity to defend himself.

As for my other suspects, I'm not liking Nobody Special. He doesn't even attempt to justify his vote on Mafuyu and clearly said that he didn't have evidence supporting that he was scum. His reason for believing the claim is also incredibly poor with his only reason being "the game isn't normal.". He posts a lot, but said very little game-related contents along the way. If animorpherv1 is mafia and not third-party, I wouldn't be surprised if Nobody Special was his buddy.

I also agree with AlmasterGM in where caelum needs to stop active lurking as well.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 am

What the hell?

We attempted to lynch manho and he wasn't lynched.

How many times do they have to be lynched?

If they have lynch immunity, we can only hope it lasts for a limited amount of time.

We're going to have to think this over and not rush today.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 am

@Andrius: That's a good point regarding one-shot lynch-immuned roles. They can't be
immuned
to lynches forever, that would be insane.

Also, since animorpherv1 has been very scummy, we should go with a

Here's hoping that Seraphim is right about this.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 am

However I do feel that them being immuned to lynches multiple times is possible. Given that Tigger, Rabbit, and Piglet are dead (Flavor-wise), I wouldn't be surprised if more Winnie the Pooh's characters were killed off before animorpherv1 and manho finally dies.

Eeyore, Roo, Owl, Kanga, that's around four more major characters that are not the claimed Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh and haven't died yet. If they truly have multiple-kill immunes, the slot will have to be targetted for an NK/lynch at least four more times before animorpherv1 and manho finally dies.

Of course this is just me probably being paranoid and being confused about the situation.

However, before lynching animorpherv1/manho, we need to use more of this day.

One of manho/animorpherv1 should be placed at six votes until everyone is ready to lynch. And yes, everyone needs to post at least once before lynching.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 am

Mafuyu wrote:Hm. Here is a question then: does the altered flavor of the latest dummy-kill mean anything significant? For one, it occurred in the 'Morning Phase', as opposed to the standard Day/Night phases. In addition, Mafuyu doesn't know the origin of the latest name-reveal, and wouldn't mind if someone that did know could drop what it came from.
I feel that the last flavor kill was just that, flavor. However, I do believe that the Winnie The Pooh flavor may have something to do with the game, especially since we've already received three Winnie the Pooh's characters death.
caelum wrote:Andrius, how do you feel about a Almaster GM lynch?
:eek:

Seriously? Not only do I highly disagree to lynching AlmasterGM, manho and animorpherv1 are pratically confirmed Mafia/3rd Party. We are not lynching him today, that's for sure.

If anything, we would lynch you for being downright useless.
caelum wrote:I'll keep my motivation to myself for now
I don't like this at all. You asked for our opinion on lynching AlmasterGM, yet you're saying you'll keep the motivation to yourself. Town should not be afraid of explaining why they want a person dead. Even thought explaining why you want AlmasterGM dead would be almost as bad as not explaining at all, it still wouldn't be
as bad
as not explaining at all.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm expecting a counter claim from AlmasterGM really, really soon. Going solely by play styles, I'd believe AlmasterGM more then caelum, since I have a town read on AlmasterGM while I'm starting to suspect caelum. I'm willing to hear both sides in this issue, thought.

However, I know that I'm town and he has an Innocent on me. So there is a chance that caelum is telling the truth.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty interested in hearing caelum on why he investigated me/AlmasterGM, especially considering that we're not suspected by the majority of the game. It would make more sense for him to investigate people with more suspicion on them.

I also think there's a possibility of AlmasterGM and caelum being cop, just of different variations.

@caelum: 1. You seem to be relatively active in this game today. Why has this not been the case for Day 1 and Day 2? I want a good explanation for this.

2. How did you manage to get a "3rd Party" result on AlmasterGM? This looks like more of a FBI Agent role in this game then a "Cop" role, which usually gets a "Innocent"/"Guilty" result.
CSL wrote:You guys are so fast. Time to play catch-up!
Please tell me this isn't another one of your "promises" that you don't fufill.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

caelum wrote:'Cause I have a 3rd party report and I wasn't paying too much attention to the game on day 1 and 2 for lack of interest reasons.
Not the explanation I was wanting. I'm not sure you even answered #2 and this is a very bad answer to #1. Everyone should be expected to be proactive and play the game. I'm sorry, but this answer doesn't sit well with me.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 am

Andrius wrote:What were you expecting, SSBF?
I was hoping he would have had some sort of real life issues (He didn't even have to tell us what they were) that he had to take care of that prevented him from spending time from playing this game. That would be understandable. Saying that you didn't pay attention due to losing interest is not.
Andrius wrote:I'd semi-lurk as a Cop too.
Disagree. As town, I prefer to give it all in a game that I have. Regardless of roles, as town, you should not be afraid of receiving a Night Kill because nothing helps town more then scum hunting. Yes Night Actions helps as well, but they alone are not going to cause town to win.
Twomz wrote:In a game with this many 3rd parties and probably multiple scum groups, I think scum cop is just as likely as town cop.

Thoughts?
Good point there. If AlmasterGM is scum, he could counterclaim caelum-town by saying he's a gunsmith/rolecop if he's going for different variations. charter did the former in Mini 985 where he attempts to counterclaim me in that game. He was scum. Then again, AlmasterGM also counterclaimed me as well and we were sane and insane cops (Me/AlmasterGM respectively).
CSL wrote:Watch this, Zazie is going to call me scum. Incorrectly.
Afraid of suspicion much? Also, your ISO reeks of lack of contents, so I wouldn't mind pressure being forced on you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 pm

I also believe AlmasterGM's God claim. It sounds unbeliveable, but then again, anything can happen in this game. I also believe that Seraphim has a day-vig from AlmasterGM as well, which will further support both once Seraphim day vigs someone.
ZazieR wrote:After that, I'll read the game.
Why not wait for CSL's response
while
reading?

@caelum: Do you believe AlmasterGM's claim? We already have evidence from Seraphim already supporting his already believeable case. If not, explain why.

Translating Seraphim's post:

Alright, then, let's try this again. 

Vote: manho

This scum needs to die immediately.

There has to be a immunity limit otherwise it's not permanent at all. I suspect we should have tried lynchign ani yesterday rather than manho. It should work this time.

Also, no real kills last night? I call shenanigans. Seriously. I don't want either animorpherv1 or manho alive to endgame and now is definitely the best time to kill them. I know we haven't gotten any mafia lynches off yet but we've only lost one player and he was third-party anyway. Think of all the results our power roles must have!

Let's string them up.

Unvote

I have no complain with this. There is definitely no problem with this plan.

I believe AlmasterGM's claim. It matches exactly with information I got from him. Well, suffice to say, I got what I wanted and Almaster is definitely telling the truth. Lynching him is a terri-bad idea. 

In other news, I got a one-shot day vig...and I considering using it on several people right now including animorph(if it will work) and caelum(because there is a high likelihood of him being scum). today, we discuss. 

(NOTE: It is very purposeful that I [REDACTED] several of my statements)

EDIT POST PREVIEW: Twomz, I am not agreeing with your idea. We want God on our side, with all his amazing abilities, don't we?

Wrong.

caelum, I want a fullclaim in your next post on penalty of death. Role name, role alignment, all powers, everything. I am definitely expecting scum power roles in this game due to the large amount of third-party roles.

Also, it might be worth noting that we've killed either animorpherv1 or manho twice now. I'm not sure which one and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell. So it's a shot in the dark which one we lynch today. 

That post is accurate translating, though I meant scum investigative roles rather than scum [REDACTED] roles. 

I want caelum to claim as stated before in his next post. Just in case he misses it.

We may also want to consider treating of the mods as players in this game. It may just be mindfuckery but this game seems just about Tar's games and we definitely shouldn't neglect any possibilities out right now. That would just be dumb.

Not until animorpherv1 and manho are dead at the least...I'm just saying that we should be considering it. I didn't think the mods were insane until the entire incident with the pig. There's something about that that rubs me the wrong, wrong way and it may be a sign of modfuckery. Another common symptom of modfuckery = mod being player. Also, if we're going to lynch the mods we should do it sooner rather than later.

I am giving you one more chance to claim or you are dead. I have a day-vig and I'm not afraid to shoot you.

[quote="Andrius"]So we need to lynch them soon... before or after Ani?[/quote]

After. Right now, animorpherv1 is the most pressing issue.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 am

I
Elect: Super Smash Bros. Fan
for now.

@animorpherv1 and manho: I am not convinced that the only way for you two to die is if animorpherv1 used his kill duirng the Night. That would be broken beyond belief and make the game broken in your favor. Furthermore, you promised to help the town. I haven't seen you done much of that. Please recitify that.
Andrius wrote:@ SSBF: How did you divine (pun intended) that Sera got the DayKill from AGM? I don't remember either claiming it was from someone...
If he has received a power role from someone, it's likely from AlmasterGM, who declared that his power is mostly godly. I wouldn't be surprsied if AlmasterGM was powerful enough to give Seraphim at least a one-shot day vig power.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Seraphim wrote:caelum: Are you a seth alt?
I don't think caelum is a seth alt, since seth joined Mafiascum before caelum.
@Espeonage: Yes there is a role called Politician.

Every night, a person can steal a vote from another player.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:18 pm

This game officially earns the medal for "Most Insane Mafia Game", in a good way if I must say.

Anyway, I honestly cannot believed that Seraphim's one-shot vig was nothing more then flavor. Wow, just wow.

Anyway,
Vote, ZazieR

CSL is a fine lynch, but I feel that Nobody Special/ZazieR is the best lynch for today. Nobody Special provided no explanation for voting Mafuyu Day 1 when we had some serious discussions going, even to the point where he said he couldn't provide reasons on why he voted Mafuyu. Nobody Special was one of the only people who believed animorpherv1's obvious fakeclaim and his justification was really bad (His reason being "This game isn't normal"). Like CSL, he is also guilty of active lurking. Furthermore, ZazieR's entry into the game was very disappointing. No thoughts in the game, no contents, nothing really to analyze. While CSL's active lurking is bad, that's the only major thing I could find that would make him a decent lynch.

@ZazieR: Please provide contents soon, otherwise, this vote is staying.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:59 am

@Espeonage: I have not seen any games yet where there was a cult group (3rd parties included), but no Mafia's. If there have been any examples of only cult/3rd parties as anti-townies, show me. Until then, that's not really making much sense.
CSL wrote:Also, SSBF, ZazieR hasn't posted anywhere for 5 days. I think he's going to get replaced soon.
Yes, but ZazieR had the oppertunity to provide content earlier at either August 20th, 2010 or August 21th, 2010. He didn't.
Andrius wrote:If I am the only town-aligned person here I will be pissed.
If you were the only town-aligned person, you would have lost already.
Espeonage wrote:Okey dokeys. Now I could really see a post restriction cult with the information here. So that would mean Nobody Special, Seraphim and UK.
I believe Twomz doesn't have a posting restriction in here and he was invited to the cult, but refused. I don't think it's a post restriction cult.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm

@CSL: Just noticed your analysis on ZazieR. Why did you completely leave out Nobody Special? The bulk of the case on the slot is due to Nobody Special's scumminess, although ZazieR certainly didn't help his case.
Andrius wrote:@ SSBF: If I were the only townie, its a quick fix. SK just tells the mafia/3rd party that the other 3rd parties/mafia need to be dead for them to win.
While Twomz may have a point regarding the possibility of a small town group, I highly doubt that it would be less then the Mafia. Mafia (probably) would have already won if you were the only townie left alive.
UncertainKitten wrote:THREE! WHY IS THIRD PARTY HUNTING AT ALL PRO TOWN!?
In AlmasterGM's case, he has every intention of helping the town out despite being a third-party. Why is it pro-town? If we can get the game balanced into town's favor, AlmasterGM will choose to be a townie. He's currently on town's side, as a result, he is a massive asset to us.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:16 pm

More lovers in this game? I really do want to lynch Toon Fighter right now. He deliberately lied about him being town aligned. Now he's admitting to being a third-party? It's not like with AlmasterGM where his role can be a very powerful asset to town and can switch to being town aligned. If he is a lover to Twomz, that means both Toon Fighter and Twomz are third-party. We'll need to take that out ASAP. However, I'll need to think this more clearly before voting Toon Fighter.

Also, I highly doubt there aren't any townies in the game. While this game has been proven to be insane, the fundamation of Mafia is having a town. Without a town group, the game of Mafia wouldn't exist. A no-town game wouldn't make sense.
Twomz wrote:Sadly we keep finding 3rd parties instead of mafia.
Killing off third-parties (With the exception of AlmasterGM) is always better then townies death.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Okay, so does anyone else have anything else to say in the case that Toon Fighter is already hammered?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 am

Didn't post yesterday, apoligy for that. Hopefully, I'll give my thoughts on Day 5 later then evening after school.

@Espeonage: That's a good point. With just six players left, a quick lynch by the scums (If there is one) is very well possible. Sure we've gotten rid of a lot of third-party players, which is good for the town, but we are still in danger of losing this game as no scums have flipped. I think we should massclaim.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:44 pm

I am Mega Man with my alignment being town. My factional win condition is when all anti-town forces are elminated. I only have one ability and that is to protect.

Night 1, I protected AlmasterGM, who was my top town read. I protected him again Night 2 due to the same reason. After AlmasterGM claimed third-party, I switched my protect over to Seraphim, who is also one of my town reads. I protected him Night 3, Night 4, and Night 5.

Currently believe Seraphim's claim. It sounds reasonable and he will give us some crucial information to go on given that he isn't lying and is kept alive.

Obviously not a fan of CSL's claim. I don't see how keeping him alive is going to help us at all, especially since I haven't seen anything useful out of them.

I also don't believe Espeonage's claim. With animorpherv1/manho being temporarily immuned to lynched, I can't see a townie being completely bulletproof unless it's a scum/third-party role.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm

I am posting this in this game and two others in Theme Park.

Apology for not posting yesterday as I had no time to do so. Unfortunently, I have no time to make a substantial post today either, as I'm behind in homework and other important stuffs that I need to do, plus I had to post in a game that's approaching deadline quickly.

Will post more contents after school tomorrow.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Night 6, I protected Andrius.

Based off what Andrius's saw, it confirms AlmasterGM as a cult recruiter. However, we need to all think this through and not go insane.

Notice the flavor. It said that we will carry out the final chapter of this drama. This indicates that this may very well be our last day. Normally, flavor shouldn't have too much of an affect on us, but based on what has happened, anything and anyone can be shaping the way how this game is played.

About CSL's flip, it confirms that AlmasterGM is not town. This means he's either mafia or still third-party and I find the former very unlikely since it looks wiped out. So I'm saying he's the last third-party.

With CSL flipping Jester, one of us is guarateen to lose. That means these following circumstances:

1. Me and Andrius attempts to lynch/NK AlmasterGM relentlessly and kill him off. While a win is nice, a town win would be a lot nicer. However, this will be a dangerous move for me and Andrius to perform. AlmasterGM has claimed that bad things will happen if we lynch him and that he has permanent Night Kill immunity, so NKing him will be useless. However, he does have limited lynched immunity, so it is possible to win that way. So really, I am not sure about this. But in the extremely unlikely circumstance that he is Mafia, this risk can be worth taking if we can successfully make a good balance here.

2. Me and Andrius attempt to join AlmasterGM's cult. One of us is guarateen to lose this game regardless of what happens and given that CSL flipped Jester, this has been confirmed. I personally would like to win this and I will do as much as possible to make sure I fufill my win condition, as either town or cult.

I want AlmasterGM to speak before I completely make up my mind on what to do.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (isolation #44) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 am

@Andrius: Overnight traitor FTL.

Despite that, I really did enjoy this game. This was an experience like never before as it was unique and crazy. The flavor was fantastic and so was the people and the game overall.

Looking forward to playing with you all again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”