Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Game Over)

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Twomz »

1) No response, it'll just be wifom anyway
2) See one
3) Combust if he has a gun, otherwise attempt to talk him out of it before setting him on fire
4) No, even if my reputation was at stake, I wouldn't cheat to win. *Note: Loopholes are not cheating*
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Almaster wrote: 1) What side did you request?
2) Was your request granted?
3) You are walking alone down a dark alley. A man confronts you and says, "give me your wallet." Your wallet has approximately $200 in it. You have two options: give the man your wallet, OR cause the man to spontaneously combust, killing him instantly. Which do you choose?
4) If you knew you wouldn't get caught, would you cheat to win a game where there was nothing at stake but your reputation?
1) I chose the only correct side of TOWN! A TRUE MAN HAS NO USE FOR THE SHADOWS AND DAGGERS THE MAFIA RELY ON!

2) It was impossible for someone as awesome as me NOT to get their wish granted. WITHIN ME BURNS THE PASSION OF ONE THOUSAND MEN!

3) NEITHER! I would persuade him to give up his life of crime and join the DAI GURREN DAN, and GIVE HIM ANOTHER LEASE ON LIFE to learn the DAI GURREN WAY!

4) I HAVE NO NEED TO CHEAT! While I might kick reason to the curb, honor is one of the strongest tenets of the DAI GURREN WAY.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?
DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Twomz »

What's that, 6 or 7 for Ani? Holy crap, I'm all for ending day 1 faster (I hate day 1 usually) but that's kinda ridiculous.

I agree w/ Andrius about his play as town (lol, kinda ;)), and I'd say the same thing for me about scum... so don't expect too good of play from me this game :). I actually came in expecting most of the players to choose mafia or 3rd party... I assume we have at least two scum factions and a couple of 3rd parties, and that anyone who didn't get the side they wanted asked for 3rd party after several were already made and got moved to town. Personally I was hoping I was the only one who picked town so that I'd be retardedly overpowered :(, doesn't seem like that happened though.

Waiting for an Ani response before I even consider putting a vote on him.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Twomz »

Possible bastardy role wrote:Name: Hannibal Lecter
Alignment: 3rd party
Rolename: Inmate
Wincon: You must find your target and have get them killed.
Abilities:
Silver Tongue: You may secretly change a player's vote once a day, they cannot change their vote after this.
Criminal Intuition: Each night you may send in two choices for targets, you will be told if one of them is your target.
Already Locked Up: Being as you are already in prison, you cannot be Night Killed.

Modnote: If the target is lynched or nightkilled before Lecter finds them, he will recieve a new target as long as there are at least 7 players in the game, otherwise he fails to meet his wincon and loses the game. If Lector finds his target and can prove that he lead to their death, he is declared the winner of the game. The game will continue for second place.
@ SSBF: Better to exaggerate than to vote without being cautious :P.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #105 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Twomz »

@ UK: Your drill is one that will pierce the heavens?

If there's a huggle count...

Huggle: Andrius, Animorph, CSL, Nobody Special, SSBF and UK.

It's good to know that even if I don't see Pooky on the board, his spirit lives on.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Twomz »

For anyone who has no idea what me or UK are talking about... here ya go
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Twomz »

@ MoI: I like how you left out my next sentence, but whatever.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Twomz »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Twomz wrote:@ MoI: I like how you left out my next sentence, but whatever.
What, the sentance where you said you picked Town? The ReaperCharlie style WIFOM-sandwich statement?

In all seriousness the meat of the statement you made is what I posted -- you expected players en-mass to have chosen scum or 3rd Party. From a psychological standpoint the only reason for you to have assumed that is if you did so yourself. QED.

I like the faux casual response though. Bonus cudos points for you there.
Except the next sentence is using that standpoint to say why I wanted to choose town. Even if the majority of the town is scum it's not going to matter, everyone's going to put on a face anyway. I tend to be more truthful when town (woo wifom) which leads to more... uncensored posting. Get used to it ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Twomz »

I agree with the others sentiment on Ani, but we should at least wait for everyone to post before we decide if we just want a quick day 1 or if we want to continue it for a while before we go to night. I have no intention of voting Ani at this time, but I'd be fine with his lynch if the town doesn't want to wait around forever.

Also, claim.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Twomz »

@ SSBF: He's at L-3 with three other people saying they'll vote him but don't want to end the day early... isn't that just as bad as L-1?

@ MoI: I don't think I've finished a game with you, that's how I determined who to huggle, although I don't know if I've finished a game w/ NS, or just happen to be in enough ongoings with him to think I have... /sigh.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Twomz »

@ MoI: The spirit of Pooky lives on in us all, spreading joy and huggles to all who would calm the fuck down and play like gentlemen. There is no flesh-eating virus.... yet.

@ Ani: ... I'm sorry, that sounds like a retarded mafia fakeclaim. Christopher Robin (vig?), why would you even mention the targeting list? The lover is obviously a setup to try to save a buddy later on if your claim is believed... arg, why can't I ever accept people's roleclaims!!!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Twomz »

Nobody Special wrote:@Twomz: We have finished a game (or two, I'm not sure) together,
although you don't realize it.

I sure do like grinding my own coffee beans. Makes for fresher, more
electrifying
coffee. Do you guys drink espresso or coffee? Soda? You should, it's great.
Andrius wrote:
I can't see Christopher Robin running around killing people.

I can't see any pair of lovers with a kill.

/confused
I will admit that my role that came with my rolename was a bit of a stretch... but I can at least see it happening. I could see Christopher Robin eliminating elements of his imagination to protect winnie the pooh... or something silly like that. But like I said, way too convenient for scum. "I have a kill and there's some other guy that I might have a connection with that you shouldn't kill"... I mean come on.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #156 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ SSBF: Yeah right, no one's going to do anything stupid on Day 1 in a game of mafia? What crack have you been smoking?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

Welp, I'd say that animorph is the nontown partner of the lovership(nessburgville) and manho is probably the town dude of the lovership(nessburgville). So if we kill ani, manho's probably going to die, and the other way around. So, I say we threaten ani into killing who the town wants him to else we lynch either him or his partner. He'll just have to hope that the mafia(s) decide to shoot for more townish targets than a pair of lovers...

Only problem being I don't see anyway we'd let him steal the win from the town if he's outed the first day, so there is really no way to threaten him into compliance... :/
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

Agreed.
pseudo vote: animorph
. I will hold off on actually voting until CSL posts or is replaced. We have plenty of time to talk, no use rushing through the day.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #186 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Twomz »

Wait, so we have a pair of 3rd parties that both die if one dies and have a kill? And have reasons not to use it?

vote: animorph
if the town can't use him and we're gonna have to kill him anyway >.> Do we want to try a wagon on someone else before the day's over? I don't see waiting before we eliminate two 3rd parties being a problem.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #196 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Twomz »

unvote
L-1 is a little too close for right now >.>

Also, WTF NS? Why do you get all the huggles :(.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #225 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Twomz »

It doesn't matter if they're hostile or not, their wincon is not with the town so they cannot be trusted. That's besides the fact that I still kinda think ani is lying and is just scum trying to fakeclaim.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #227 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Twomz »

@ MoI: Yeah, I'm thinking of just saying we end it as well. Anyone have anything else they want to talk about day 1?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #229 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Twomz »

TEMPTED SO MUCH TO HAMMER YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

FIVE POSTS, IF FIVE PEOPLE POST AND NO ONE WANTS TO CONTINUE THE DAY AND ANI'S STILL AT L-1, I'M HAMMERING.

GOING TO GO LOOK FOR A GOOD HAMMERIN PIC.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #236 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Twomz »

AlmasterGM wrote:OH WAIT I'M NOT VOTING I CAN DO IT. SORRY TWOMZ, I'M STEALING YOUR THUNDER.

Vote: Animorpherv1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOvOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

vote: animorph
T.T hammer

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #281 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Twomz »

vote: manho

Now that that's out of the way... anyone want to do anything else today? Or are we fine with trying to overwhelm the winnie the pooh scum group's defenses?

@ Ani: Fakeclaim better next time >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #283 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Twomz »

If you do things right, no one will think you've done anything at all.
-God, Futurama
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #326 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Twomz »

So, will we stalemate if we continue on this route, or do we think there's a limit to the kill resists?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #348 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Twomz »

I think it might be SK implying that bad things will happen if everyone in the town continues to tunnel on ani/manho and nothing productive happens.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #380 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Twomz »

In a game with this many 3rd parties and probably multiple scum groups, I think scum cop is just as likely as town cop.

Thoughts?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #391 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Twomz »

You can only choose to align with town or mafia? No other 3rd party alignments? Can you prove that you chose town in some way if/when it happens? And how do you feel about 'choose town now or we lynch you'?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #421 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Twomz »

I'd describe this town as 'resilient' from what I've seen so far. Eliminating a threat early is more important right now that trying to get a head start (and possibly exposing more powerroles than have already been exposed).

Vote: Animorph
here's hoping that the day start scene wasn't some kinda warning (Should be vote 6 or 7... pretty sure).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #453 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Twomz »

Since we don't know what electing people does, we might be better off electing a less active player or someone who we're having a hard time getting a read on... if it turns into a kingmaker type thing, then there will be plenty of info on the player based on their actions. If it kills them, then eh, w/e, right?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #464 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Twomz »

Elect: toon fighter

Sera should nail mafuyu imo for ending the day like that.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #466 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Andrius wrote:Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad shot...

BUT. We should kill Twomz now, before he and I are left alone again. :(
:( do I have to try to get a wagon going on you now Andrius?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #514 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Twomz »

Hey guys, guess what? Someone attempted to recruit me to a cult last night. Of course I declined the offer (else I wouldn't be posting it here), just letting you know there is one.

CSL has been useless in every game I've had with him, sadly, it's his meta. I'd say don't waste the lynch and just vig him if we can (sad that the daykill given to seraphim was a dud :().
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #534 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Twomz »

@ SSBF: There could be a very small group of protown players and large numbers of third parties with the mafia. Not having a mafia would make no sense if God has to choose between town and mafia and there is no mafia....
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #556 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Seraphim: Dude, I can't read your PR at all >.> I'll try to answer though.
Twomz, I'm interested: why [you] not recruited?
I was given the choice and I declined.
Is there something in your [inbox]?
Yeah, last night I was PMed with a choice, I could lose any abilities I had and my wincon to join a third party, or just decline.
Don't bother [role]-claiming or even claiming [partial] ability, just if it was [REDACTED] in your control or not.
Yes, it was in my control. If it turn out that the cult gets to recruit every night, we have to assume that someone accepted... possibly people who died but keep blanked alignments... although caelum's death seems like a special kill where their alignment isn't revealed instead of just an 'unknown' alignment.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #598 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Twomz »

Why would I make it up? I actually think I know who the cult recruiter is and if I'm right he's only tried to recruit me. Actually I see no reason not to reveal the information.
vote: Toon Fighter
the first two nights of the game he stopped my action and we day talked in a QT, then I finally had to claim my role to him (*few choice words*) and he didn't block me... and I get a cult recruiting message. Either he's in charge of it or it's one big coincidence.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #602 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Twomz »

unvote

If mafuyu confirms the story I'll accept that my theory was wrong. Eliminating players as possible cult leaders is helpful though... and we still need to find the mafia members as well.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #611 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Twomz »

I'll stop this nonsense before it starts. I'm Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbuster. I'm a tracker, but have been unable to track because of Toon RBing me each night. I did get a result last night however if you want me to claim it.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #614 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Twomz »

Sorry, I am an alt-tabbing machine, I get lost sometimes >.<

Seraphim did not target anyone that I could tell last night.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #616 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Twomz »

TF claimed that he is also my lover for whatever reason, but I have no way of knowing if that is actually true or not. Although nothing in my role PM that I recall mentioned it, it makes sense if I'm a ghostbuster that I would have contact with a monster (dunno about falling in love, but hey, I'm Dr. Peter Venkman, everyone loves me right?).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #618 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Twomz »

He did not mention his alignment to me, only rolename and ability.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #622 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Seraphim: You were my first successful track target and I was told you didn't leave. There is such a thing as 'naive' trackers, but I'm hoping this is more of you being ninjaish or something rather than that >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #625 (isolation #41) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Twomz »

Yes, I was told my action failed when I was roleblocked and I was told it succeeded when I tried to track you.

vote: Toon Fighter
I'm really tired of all the 3rd parties...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #632 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Twomz »

We didn't talk the first day at all, he mentioned it at the end of the second day.

@ Mafuyu: Yes, as in I put in "I want to track Seraphim" and I got back "You successfully tracked Seraphim, he didn't leave his house". There was no ambiguity.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #654 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Twomz »

Na, I picked town. I was expecting more mafia and less 3rd party... but I guess a game of very large numbers of 3rd parties is plausible with a small, powerful mafia...

Sadly we keep finding 3rd parties instead of mafia.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”