Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Narsis »

I, [recruit's name], do solemnly swear by [recruit's deity of choice] to uphold the Laws and Ordinances of the city of Ankh-Morpork, serve the public trust, and defend the subjects of His/Her [delete whichever is inappropriate] Majesty [name of reigning monarch] without fear, favour, or thought of personal safety; to pursue evil-doers and protect the innocent, laying down my life if necessary in the cause of said duty, so help me [aforesaid deity]. Gods Save the King/Queen [delete which is inappropriate].
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Narsis »

Vote: Narsis
for not posting yet.

oh wait a minute...

Unvote
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Narsis »

Plum wrote:UNVOTE: jimfinn

VOTE: Narsis

Attempts to be casual, jokey; ignores everything that's gone on, even the chance to acknowledge that stuff has happened for a complete nothing. He doesn't even end up with a vote on anyone.

In other news, analysis of the past page or two coming soon.
you fell right into my trap!

seriously...you did. i have a hard time getting into games that already had stuff going on and none of it was directed at me. at least on mafiascum...

so you want to know my thoughts? well tbh i got nothing but nulls right now.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Narsis »

Tasky wrote:
Narsis wrote: you fell right into my trap!
I don't understand the trap. Was it a trap to catch scum? If yes, shouldn't you be voting for him then (and telling us the reason)? If no, what was the point of the "trap"?
wasnt so much of a trap as a i want into the discussion and you just gave me my reason.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Narsis »

Mysterio wrote:
Narsis wrote:so you want to know my thoughts?
well tbh i got nothing but nulls right now.
How? At the very least, you should be suspicious of me. Do you honestly have nothing useful to contribute after all of this discussion?
why should i be suspicious of you? have you done something scummy? and if so why point it out to people?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:I've gathered that in many mini themes, a name claim may be beneficial. I personally have no knowledge of the series from which the flavor is taken, but would it help here to those who are familiar with the flavor?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh-Morpork_City_Watch

perhaps that will help?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Narsis »

imo a massclaim Day 1 wont end well. it will likely give too much info to the scum and too little to the town.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:@Narsis - would love to see a bit of commentary from you about your current top suspect.
that would be Mysterio. his claim i found intriguing but more of a null. however his more recent play(ie. the last couple pages) seems scummy. as jimfinn put it:
jimfinn wrote:His odd comments and too-aggressive insistence on a MassRC sound like scum trying to skate by on a safeclaim and out PRs.
Vote: Mysterio
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:@Narsis - Was it post 138 or post 142 that made you vote for him?
neither really. more of a combination of all his posts on page 6.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:Or vote FakeGod or Narsis - I see win in those wagons and support their lynch.
just a small question...what do you see that is so win in my wagon?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:
Narsis wrote:just a small question...what do you see that is so win in my wagon?
You don't see the blatant scum energy flinging from your pores? It got on my face and I wiped it off and saw my napkin was covered in win...*liquid* win. (that and your entrance self vote, you claimed "trap" that revealed a null tell (whoopee) and then you call everyone null as far as reads go and sort of gently drift onto the big wagon of the moment...well, all of that and the napkin - the case is mostly about the napkin)

Who should I be suspecting if not you?
perhaps trap was a poor word choice. as i said earlier:
Narsis wrote:wasnt so much of a trap as a i want into the discussion and you just gave me my reason.
i was finding it a tad hard to make my entrance into the game since i was catching the rear end of the RVS and had null tells at that point.

also what's wrong with having null tells early in the game?

as for the Mysterio vote: at the time, and still now, i found him most scummy out of everyone so far.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:At the time you had null tells on every player in the game Mysterio had already role- claimed and power-claimed.

You had a null read on him at that point? Seriously? And not just a null read, but a read where you decided to self-vote, unvote, and then joke around with Plum when she voted you?
i found the claim odd this early in the game but didnt really think of it one way or another.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Narsis »

Mysterio wrote:Putting a vote on Narsis would put him at L-1, so rather than do that I will
FoS: Narsis
. Please give us a clear explanation as to why you think I should be lynched.
let's see...

Post #106 was where i first began getting suspicious. it seemed odd to me(and still does) that you thought you yourself should have been suspicious and was pointing it out.

The main thing though was your stance on nameclaiming. You tried bullying someone into nameclaiming with your vote and constantly pushed for a massclaim, even when a strong case was made against it. Even in defeat you won't let it go and even suggests that it is the only way to catch scum this early on in the game(Post #138). To me this looks like rolefishing scum.

In Post #163 is a false dichotomy which Tasky points out in #179. Perhaps not a scum tell in and of itself but it is a logical fallacy.

So yeah not the most bulletproof case, but it's the most i've gotten from anyone in the game so far.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:'VV's bandwagoning' is a very lazy case. Unless you people can specify why my bandwagonning is bad or suspicious, that won't go anywhere.

I redact my attack on Plum for now. Although, your last post was Aug. 13 before you started posting again and previous experience with her states that lurky Plum = Plum scum. Context wise, her defense fits.

My main issue on Narsis is because his #205 is suspicious. Although, I did vote him way before that because I was looking for a better non-Mysterio wagon and he seemed like a cool guy to vote.

Everyone still voting for Mysterio should be ashamed of themselves.

Silly people wasting their votes/not voting should go and do something about that, yeah?
what about my #205 is suspicious?

@jimfinn i do definitely see that Tasky is buddying up to me...but where have i buddied to him? also scum do buddy up to town in order to look more townie should the person they are buddying flip town.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Narsis »

KHG wrote:
Tasky wrote:then he claims at L-4 (3 votes)... talking of unnecessary claim...
at this point the only conclusion I can draw is that you are scum, who has a fakeclaim you believe to be good and at the first opportunity want to get that fakeclaim out in order to be cleared for the rest of the day (or maybe game).
That's the only conclusion you can draw?

I said I was unsure when I would be able to post again. As it turns out, I got a chance to.
you didnt think you'd have a chance to post again before the deadline? i doubt that you would have gone from 3 votes to 7 so fast that you dont have time to respond. also what was the cause of the uncertainty?
KHG wrote:
Tasky wrote:I think this post shows how important that claim is for you. You are trying really hard to make people think you are town. And that is scummy.
I don't know how hard I'm trying, but it's in my best interest to make people think I'm town because I am town and it's easier to accomplish my win condition. I don't see how that's scummy.
so it's easier to defeat the mafia if you remain alive? i also find it strange that you say "it's easier to accomplish [your] win condition" rather then what said win condition is. you also realize that scum want to be viewed as town right? and generally they push harder to prove that point since they know they are lying.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:VOTE: Narsis as the other two players with votes on them at the end of Day 1 are now dead.
so you think i killed them then?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:No, I'm saying that of the three under the most suspicion, only you are still alive.
so that automatically makes me the top suspect?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:at least, the discussion ought to start there, right?
perhaps. although i for one would look at the KHG wagon.

i was actually hoping to ask Mysterio why he hammered when he did. it felt a little early to me.

as for the rest of the wagon...Chronopie looks suspicious to me. lurking and an obvious bandwagoning vote.

VOTE: Chronopie

Preview edit: what would town gain by knowing who has the drunkeness power and what it does VV?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Information. Maybe shed some light on what Mysterio did not have the chance to share D1.

I think Mysterio got careless with his DV and accihammered KHG.
you think there's more behind the power then it being a one day thing as Mysterio described? if so then why would have Mysterio said it was only a one day DV power?

also how does this information help the town?

as for the hammer...i actually suspected that but had been hoping to hear it from Mysterio himself.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:I was actually hoping that there were some hints as to why he was chosen in the first place. At any rate, he wasn't lying.

Information on the setup helps town tons because it helps catch lying scum.
i would have thought it was random myself. and if he knew why he was chosen then why keep it a secret?

in my experience in closed games speculating on the set up leads to more harm then good.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Narsis »

jimfinn wrote:except if it's a one day role, it doesn't do scum any good to find it, does it?
no. but what if that person has a role that lasts more then one day as well? what if the one day power is such that it would be better if the scum didnt know about it?(like a one day bomb or supersaint type thing)

i think it's best if we leave it up to the discretion of the person with it. only they know what it does and whether or not the risk is worth it.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:@FakeGod: Scum already have all the information they need, as an informed minority, to win the game. Town doesn't. ANY information Town gets helps Town better in the long run.
now see that's not entirely true. they dont know what, if any, powerroles exist. the way you have worded this it sounds like you would support an early massclaim.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Narsis »

Budja wrote:
vote: Fakegod

@jimfinn, do
you
think Narsis is scum.
why the vote on Fakegod?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Narsis »

Chronopie wrote:Just saying Rolefishing is a Scum tell, doesn't help. As afaict it isn't much of one.

I know that I'm probably the antithesis of a good townie. And I know that I tend to Rolefish (sometimes inadvertently), ALOT. Alignment independent. Null tell.
if you are the antithesis of a good townie then what is the point of keeping you around? wouldn't it be better to kill you now then have you causing trouble later?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:@FakeGod: You are being terribly closeminded. Knowing who's what organizes Town. An organized Town is a Town to fear.

Wikitells are terribly outdated and extremely lazy.

@Button: Hmm.. I seem to have mixed up my games. Disregard that too.
knowing who's what also organizes the scum. and an organized scum is a scum to fear.

preview edit: i admit i wasnt the towniest person day 1(i hate day 1s) but i am attempting to rectify that am i not? however it looks to me like Chronopie is planning on playing like this the entire game.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:@Narsis: Faulty logic. Scum are already organized from the getgo because they know who their buddies are.
however they dont know who or what power roles may exist in the game.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Hey FG, if you're not scum help me wagon ButtonMen.
so instead of defending yourself you are trying to convince people to jump on the wagon you started(and not doing a very good job at it).
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:Have you read my post 379, 381, 383?

It's very clear that you don't read any of my posts.
so then you dont actually think he is scum.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:My conclusion at the end was: VV has done many anti-town things, but in order to do them he would have to be town. :?
so in that case wouldn't it be better to find and lynch scum?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Narsis »

Chronopie wrote:Well that doesn't help :?

So I'll just have to contrast it one of your town games...

From Go Play in Traffic (complete)
FakeGod - Townie wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote: You find it weird that Fate changed his post style, but he seems more logical, so you are hesitant to follow him? Then you blatantly join the wagon just because Fate said so? Do you understand the reasoning behind the wagon?
Well, logic doesn't mean I should follow him. I play by inconsistency-tell, so when someone suddenly changes stance I get suspicious.

When I said logical, I didn't mean he was more convincing, but rather in a different style. It was a miscommunication. Don't worry about it.
This Quote just sticks out at me, because FG claims (as part of his town meta) to play by inconsistency-tell, yet commits inconstancies here.

VOTE: Fakegod
personally i'm not a huge fan of using meta to catch scum. so if that's your reasoning for voting him...looks a bit weak to me tbh.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote: One thing that I did notice during my read of today was:
Narsis wrote:
Chronopie wrote:Just saying Rolefishing is a Scum tell, doesn't help. As afaict it isn't much of one.

I know that I'm probably the antithesis of a good townie. And I know that I tend to Rolefish (sometimes inadvertently), ALOT. Alignment independent. Null tell.
if you are the antithesis of a good townie then what is the point of keeping you around? wouldn't it be better to kill you now then have you causing trouble later?
Narsis wrote:
FakeGod wrote:My conclusion at the end was: VV has done many anti-town things, but in order to do them he would have to be town. :?
so in that case wouldn't it be better to find and lynch scum?
I'm not liking the contradiction here.
how did i know when i posted the question to FakeGod that someone would point this out...

the same thing i said to Chronopie also applies to VV. if he is acting against the town, then would it not be better to get rid of him? however, FakeGod said that he thinks VV is town. thus it seems odd to me that if you think someone is town, you would want to lynch them. it would be better in that instance for FakeGod to be going after who he thinks is scum.

as for me taking potshots and slipping under the radar: the first is how i scum hunt. if i see something worthy of a question, i ask the question. as for the second, would you care to show me how i've been playing so scummy that i would be an alternate lynch candidate? i will acknowledge that my Day 1 play was less then perfect. it was actually fairly poor tbh. but have i not stepped it up a bit Day 2?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Narsis »

flavour-wise i can see how drunkenness corresponds to daycop, although i dont think it's overly important.

as for the Vimes claim...i'm inclined to believe VV. first, there hasnt been a counterclaim, although i wouldn't expect scum to pull that kind of gambit to just get a cc. secondly, why would scum get a daycop ability? perhaps they have a different ability, but even then how would it benefit scum? maybe a DV kind of power, but then wouldnt it be obvious he was lying if he actually used it to get a lynch? dayvig has a similar limitation, and beyond those two i cant really think of a daypower that could benefit scum. maybe a dayprotect?(preventing the lynch of a person) but that seems a bit overpowered, especially if scum got it.

anyway i'm at the very least interested in the result VV will get of whoever he investigates.

as for who i would investigate...probably Tasky simply because my reads on him are all over the place. even so i would be supportive of any investigation.

Another "No change" VOTE COUNT

Chronopie (4): Narsis, Thor665, Budja, Tasky
FakeGod (3): VasudeVa, jimfinn, Chronopie
VasudeVa (1): TheButtonmen

Not Voting (2): FakeGod, Plum

With 10 alive, 6 votes are needed to lynch.
Last edited by molestargazer on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Narsis »

Unvote

Vote: Tasky

also i'm not necessarily in favour of a speed lynch. i'd like to at the very least hear what he and others have to say.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:Interesting.

Thoughts on the following:

If someone protected VV they claim, eliminating 2 people from the lynch pool for today, Dorfl then claims (as if VV is town it looks like only town is getting the imprints) eliminating a third.

If nobody protected VV then we play as normal.

DON'T CLAIM TO HAVE OR HAVE NOT PROTECTED HIM UNLESS A LARGE PORTION OF THE TOWN AGREES TO THE IDEA.
rolefishing much? and what makes you think VV was the mafia's target?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:A) That's not fishing.

B) If he's town he's the logical kill (thus the logical protect) so the fact that there was no NK means if it was due to a protect he's by far the most likely to be the common target for both scum NK and doc protect.
A) yes it is. you are trying to find whatever protection or roleblocking or whatever role it is that prevented the kill(assuming there was one). that is role fishing.

B) that's just WIFOM.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:
A)
No it's more along the lines of mass claim.

B) That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
Budja wrote:@Button, I thought you thought VV was bussing?
I'm still highly suspcious of him however I'm not infalliable thus try to keep an open mind and in this case town may be able to narrow things down a fair bit today.
VOTE COUNT

Jimfinn (1): Budja
TheButtonmen (1): VasudeVa

Not Voting (7): Chronopie, Narsis, Plum, TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod, Thor665

With 9 alive, 5 is needed to lynch.
Deadline is Friday 17th.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Narsis »

my list is pretty similar to VV's.

however there is perhaps a small issue with it. in a game this size, i could see 4 scum. anything less and the town feels overpowered, with the potential JK and day abilities. with one scum dead, there's only 2 on your/our list. so the question remains where's the last one?

course this is all just set up speculation and tbh it's not something i'm very worried about...at least until after we see the FakeGod and/or TBM flips.

oh and i forgot this on my last post...VOTE: TheButtonmen
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
VasudeVa wrote: More Buttonmen votes plx. In fact, speed lynch him now because I'm not even the slightest bit interested in what he has to say for himself. Same goes for FakeGod.
lol.

I'm Dorfl. :wink:
that's...a bit unexpected.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Narsis »

something you are missing about Tasky...he had a fake claim. or rather i'm assuming he did based on the flavour.
molestargazer wrote: In time, the hiccupping and conversation of the drunken watchmen stopped. They all turned to look at one person - a dwarf, in fact.
Sergeant Littlebottom
was stood in the middle of the tavern with a half-empty pint glass, and looked a sorry state with no eyebrows and a beard that was slowly being torn off with nerves.
"Guys-" One of the more drunk trolls turned with his reinforced mug and gave the Sergeant a dreadful stare.
"People-" That didn't help either.
"Watchmen! Right?! That's what we all are!" She broke down in tears now, almost collapsing as she swayed in the middle of the floor.

"It was you, wasn't it?!" Shouted one of the watchmen. Slowly, torturously, the gathered watch heaved themselves off their chairs (some needed help), and gathered in a circle around the Sergeant. One of them raised an empty bottle, and smashed it over the Sergeant's head.

There was a puff of pink smoke which swarmed over the Watchmen, and they recoiled. When they blinked and got their vision back, they weren't looking at Sergeant Littlebottom. Instead, there was a very angry troll.

"It's Chrysoprase!" One of the more sober watchmen shouted. And suddenly, it roared, rearing its rock-like fists. Quickly, the nearest weapons to hand were grabbed and thrust into the centre of the ring of Ankh-Morporkians. Slowly, the troll collapsed.

"How the hell did he manage that?! We thought it was Cheery!"
One watchmen asked, staggered. But still, one conspirator had been found.
so it looks to me like scum do have fakeclaims. granted i dont know who Sgt. Littlebottom is and how pro-Watch he is, but it does look like he had a fake claim form the flavour.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:Also Chrono's weird arse timing on the claim, the no kill over the night and VV magically proclaiming chrono town has furthered my suspcions of the Chrono, VV and Trasky scum team.

But again it all hings on the imprint system so bleh, until more information I'm going to be working with two set's of scum.
Budja wrote: @TBM, top suspects?
Set 1: VV and Chrono.

Set 2: Narsis and ??? (Need to do a read through with set two in mind).
where'd Tasky go?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Narsis »

Plum wrote:
Narsis wrote:something you are missing about Tasky...he had a fake claim. or rather i'm assuming he did based on the flavour.
molestargazer wrote: In time, the hiccupping and conversation of the drunken watchmen stopped. They all turned to look at one person - a dwarf, in fact.
Sergeant Littlebottom
was stood in the middle of the tavern with a half-empty pint glass, and looked a sorry state with no eyebrows and a beard that was slowly being torn off with nerves.
"Guys-" One of the more drunk trolls turned with his reinforced mug and gave the Sergeant a dreadful stare.
"People-" That didn't help either.
"Watchmen! Right?! That's what we all are!" She broke down in tears now, almost collapsing as she swayed in the middle of the floor.

"It was you, wasn't it?!" Shouted one of the watchmen. Slowly, torturously, the gathered watch heaved themselves off their chairs (some needed help), and gathered in a circle around the Sergeant. One of them raised an empty bottle, and smashed it over the Sergeant's head.

There was a puff of pink smoke which swarmed over the Watchmen, and they recoiled. When they blinked and got their vision back, they weren't looking at Sergeant Littlebottom. Instead, there was a very angry troll.

"It's Chrysoprase!" One of the more sober watchmen shouted. And suddenly, it roared, rearing its rock-like fists. Quickly, the nearest weapons to hand were grabbed and thrust into the centre of the ring of Ankh-Morporkians. Slowly, the troll collapsed.

"How the hell did he manage that?! We thought it was Cheery!"
One watchmen asked, staggered. But still, one conspirator had been found.
so it looks to me like scum do have fakeclaims. granted i dont know who Sgt. Littlebottom is and how pro-Watch he is, but it does look like he had a fake claim form the flavour.
Sgt. Littlebottom is certainly pro-Watch (and is a she to boot). The question is: Scum may have safeclaims, but will a safeclaim be announced as-is to get a power on a given Day or not? The wording of the flavor is suggestive that it's possible that scum may in fact get single-Day powers . . .
agreed. although i do trust VV's claim based on the fact that giving a daycop ability to scum seems kinda pointless. and fakeclaiming it while having another power also doesnt seem likely at all.

however i wouldnt necessarily trust Mysterio's DV claim(actually i didnt) nor necessarily TBM's(and i think i may know what power it is) as they are such that they could benefit scum.

i guess giving scum a daycop ability does benefit them in that a townie doesnt get it...but then why bother claiming and bussing his partner? seems a tad bit of a risky move.

@TBM: yes but he was scum. meaning he must be in a scum group somewhere.

VOTE COUNT

TheButtonmen (2): VasudeVa, Narsis

Not Voting (6): Chronopie, Plum, TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod, Thor665

Deadline is Friday 17th.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:Also Chrono's weird arse timing on the claim, the no kill over the night and VV magically proclaiming chrono town has furthered my suspcions of the Chrono, VV and Trasky scum team.

But again it all hings on the imprint system so bleh, until more information I'm going to be working with two set's of scum.
Budja wrote: @TBM, top suspects?
Set 1: VV and Chrono.

Set 2: Narsis and ??? (Need to do a read through with set two in mind).
then where'd he go for this two scum team set up?

or do you mean he is scum but it could be either team?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #42) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Narsis wrote:
agreed. although i do trust VV's claim based on the fact that giving a daycop ability to scum seems kinda pointless. and fakeclaiming it while having another power also doesnt seem likely at all.

however i wouldnt necessarily trust Mysterio's DV claim(actually i didnt) nor necessarily TBM's(and i think i may know what power it is) as they are such that they could benefit scum.

i guess giving scum a daycop ability does benefit them in that a townie doesnt get it...but then why bother claiming and bussing his partner? seems a tad bit of a risky move.

@TBM: yes but he was scum. meaning he must be in a scum group somewhere.
A) There is plenty of reason to fake Daycop as scum (it's actually the easiest role to fake).

B) I never claimed to get a PR?

@Your@Me:
Huh?
A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.

B) oops got you and FG messed up there. :D
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #43) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Narsis »

Plum wrote:
Narsis wrote:A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.
Mine, maybe . . . it would've been easy enough to get an innocent on someone and make it through the day with everyone on the team intact (or at least not auto-condemned by the daycop investigation). Assuming there are three scum, two Townies Dead Day/Night 1 and two Townies dead Day/Night 2 would be Day 3 five Townies and three scumbags alive, which is MYLO if my calculations are correct. It's probably easier and better to do that as scum with a one-shot power than confirm a buddy as scum and such - even if you are let off the hook for a while, at least your buddy might get caught out on connections or whatnot, and with Townies gaining powers most days, the last scumbag would still be vulnerable; the other would be a much easier win in almost all cases.
sorry i dont quite get this. it seems you are agreeing with me and then flip around and disagree in the same sentence. not saying you are contradicting yourself, just saying i'm having trouble understanding the wall of text.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #44) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
Thor665 wrote: @FakeGod - I'd love to lynch you, why shouldn't I? Your actions around VV yesterday were mega-odd. Also, you haven't told us about strength yet - you only have it for the Day Phase. Yes or no question; is there a reason you're not claiming its effects?
Just waiting to see if there's any cc's, that's all.
why wait to see if there are any cc's though? if you are in fact Dorfl then there wont be a cc cause there wont be anyone else with that name(or rather their shouldn't).
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #45) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
Narsis wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
Thor665 wrote: @FakeGod - I'd love to lynch you, why shouldn't I? Your actions around VV yesterday were mega-odd. Also, you haven't told us about strength yet - you only have it for the Day Phase. Yes or no question; is there a reason you're not claiming its effects?
Just waiting to see if there's any cc's, that's all.
why wait to see if there are any cc's though? if you are in fact Dorfl then there wont be a cc cause there wont be anyone else with that name(or rather their shouldn't).
In case scum decides to be dumb and cc and give us freebies. (I don't pass up on freebies :D )

Anyways, I'm uncc'd Dorfl. STRENGTH allows me to stop one player from voting today.

I know, right? I was hoping for a 1-shot daykill, :igmeou: and bust up some scum with my giant fists of clay. O well.
wow i thought the same thing you did. :D however this does make sense. a dayvig could be a bit overpowered...

however this power does seem perhaps a bit more of a...scum favoring one. one of the town's primary methods of gaining information is by who is voting for who. so removing that kinda acts against us. perhaps i could see it used in a lylo situation or something, but it doesnt seem overly useful as it is now.

VOTE COUNT

TheButtonmen (2): VasudeVa, Narsis

Not Voting (6): Chronopie, Plum, TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod, Thor665

Deadline is Friday 17th.
Last edited by molestargazer on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Narsis »

/mass prodded.

eh i'm still not 100% trusting of Chrono's claim. so i wouldn't put him in the clear list. same with you FG.

VV though i would more or less consider clear.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Narsis »

Budja wrote:^ Confirmed town is very powerful.
Think about LyLo for example.

These additional powers are good but not an absolute declaration of towniness.
agreed. it's why i mentioned that a 4:8 set up could be possible. another thing that needs consideration: why did the scum choose to kill Mysterio N1 and possibly target VV N2? was it cause the scum knew that only townies could get the powers during the day and thus were trying to remove potentially confirmed town?

@jimfinn: what suspicions have you had and how are they lessening? what protown players are looking scummier? and why?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Nevermind that a claimed JK protected me and there was no kill today?

Please vote for yourself so we can speedlynch you faster.
i'm sorta with TBM in the fact that i dont completely trust Chrono's claim.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:
Narsis wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Nevermind that a claimed JK protected me and there was no kill today?

Please vote for yourself so we can speedlynch you faster.
i'm sorta with TBM in the fact that i dont completely trust Chrono's claim.
There is a no kill. Do you think scum would do that sort of gambit? Without daytalk to boot?

It's easy to take care of Chrono. We lynch him 1 day before MyLo/LyLo. Right now, we trust him.
you are right. i highly doubt that that scum would pull a gambit like that. however, i have seen scum pull a similar gambit and it lead to an easy scum win for the exact same reasons you are saying that Chrono must be town.

VOTE COUNT

TheButtonmen (4): VasudeVa, Narsis, Budja, Chronopie
FakeGod (1): Thor665
Budja (1): Plum

Not Voting (3): TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod

Deadline is Friday 17th.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Well, you didn't lynch him 1 day before MyLo/LyLo, so it's your fault you lost.
O.o who you talking too? cause i dont think we are in MYLO/LYLO...unless you know something i dont?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:I was talking about your game in #625 where you are talking about gambiting fakeclaiming scum.

The play for fakeclaiming scum is to lynch them 1 day before MyLo/LyLo.
O.o actually i wasnt talking about that game... it was a game offsite. :P
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:^^^
Whether he's scum or town this is good basic play advice Button just supplied jimfinn.

@jimfinn - what are your thoughts on FakeGod?
@Narsis - what are your thoughts on FakeGod?

I still put Button into my cloud of top suspects but must agree that he's correct in noting the singular focus on him thus far today - clearly I am either missing the brilliance of the case, in which case I'd like someone who is not VV to describe it to me...or perhaps we are tunneling and at least one or two players should at least acknowledge that I appear to want to lynch FakeGod instead of obvscumButton.
i find it unlikely that FakeGod would have pushed so hard on VV if he was town and had in fact caught the breadcrumb. in fact, i wonder if he even caught the breadcrumb at all. it's really easy to say you saw it after it's been revealed.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:@Narsis - Why do you think Button is more likely to be scum then Fake God?
more likely then FakeGod? at this point i find them both scum, and not one really more then the other. i'd be willing to lynch either.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Narsis »

i guess the only difference between the two in my mind is that a TBM lynch looks more likely.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote: P.S. I'm using STRENGTH on Thor. lol
why? by doing so you are removing one of the key ways that the town gains info.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #56) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
Narsis wrote:
Seriously, what am I losing out? Thor made his stance clear and he wasn't going to change it any time soon.
you may not necessarily be losing anything, but the town is losing out on information.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #57) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
Narsis wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
Narsis wrote:
Seriously, what am I losing out? Thor made his stance clear and he wasn't going to change it any time soon.
you may not necessarily be losing anything, but the town is losing out on information.
Please share with me what kind of info the town's losing out on.
who Thor would vote for, whether he'd switch his vote...etc. basically any information related to Thor's use of his vote. gotta put your vote where your mouth is...but now he cant.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Narsis »

Unvote

/me grumbles something about being busy and needing to do a reread.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Narsis »

molestargazer wrote:
Don't forget deadline's tomorrow, folks.
ehh...

/me rereads faster...
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Narsis »

ok so reading Tasky in iso here's some things i've noticed (doing with possible connections etc):

1. His defense of me. His iso's #12 and #13 are a defense of me. looking at the context, at #12 my wagon was just behind Mysterio's and by #13 it had overtaken Mysterio's and looked to still be going strong. So why would he be defending me? is it a case of scum defending scum?

additionally look at his #14.(note: this is after the wagon on me starts falling apart and the one on KHG gets going) on the first two lines he says:
Tasky iso #14 wrote:the wagon against him was building a lot of momentum and it looked to me like it was going straight to a lynch... since for me the arguments supporting the wagon were bad, the probability that Narsis is scum is as much as anyone's imo... and that's not a good probability (4/12 at best).
so to me it looks like he was trying to defend a person that he thought would get lynched and knew would be revealed as town, thus hoping to gain some town cred.

after a couple comments on the KHG wagon(and how he thinks him and Mysterio are scum) he disappears for 11 days(although part of that was the night phase).

next comes his big post towards the end of Day 2. in contest, Chrono was leading the vote count and looked to probably be the days lynch. FG was second by one vote, and Vas(i read your sig :D ) was third, behind FG by 1. in the post, Tasky targets the days 2 top suspects, and claims they are also his own. for FG, he basically reiterates the case against him and throws an FoS. for Chrono, he again reiterates the case against him and places a vote(putting him at L-1 and very close to a lynch).

so thoughts: i could see the FG situation as either distancing scum or opportunistic scum. either way it reads as a null for me as a definite connection with FG. for Chrono i'm inclined to view it more as opportunistic scum.

anyway that's my Tasky reread in a nutshell. gotta go. got class. i'll do some more reading later.
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #61) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Narsis »

yay we won!

for the record: i hate playing as a doctor.

so if anyone is interested here's some of my thought patterns on my protects:

Night 1: Thor. this one was a toss up between the 4 players i found to be the most protown: Thor, Plum, Tasky, and Mysterio. i removed Tasky from the list, mostly cause my gut screamed that he had been harsh buddying to me. but i wasn't completely sure. Mysterio i removed from the list because well i had suspected him Day 1. even so my gut actually suspected a kill against him, but i ignored it (mistake yeah i know). then i used the power of random.org to choose between Thor and Plum(both of whom were in my mind very protown players on Day 1).

Night 2: Vas. this was of the three nights i was alive the easiest one to decide. with Mysterio(the person with the Day 1 power) dead the previous night, i suspected that scum would attempt to do the same, especially since Vas had caught scum on the daycop and i for one trusted his claim completely. after stopping the kill, i was overjoyed. it wasn't confirmed that i had stopped the kill, but i was very convinced that i had.

Night 3: TBM. another toss up. this one between TBM, Vas, FG, and Budja. considering how the play had gone the previous days with TBM all over Vas, i suspected that if both were town one would be a target to throw suspicion against the other. because as much as we say we wouldn't be swayed to believe a players case after their flip, we are...at least somewhat. FG was a consideration cause he got the Day power, but i had begun to suspect as Thor had that the powers were receivable by the mafia.(note: my suspicion of this changed once no-one received a power Day 5. i was sure then that only town got the powers.) he also was a player that would have perhaps been a good middle of the road type of kill, someone not overly town, but who suspicion was dying on. Budja was a consideration as he had been playing more and more town-like as the game progressed and they may have wanted to get rid of a player that had no suspicion on them. there was a problem however...my gut screamed that i was going to be the night kill target. and i'm being serious...(want proof? the mod can confirm it!) but since i couldn't protect myself. :( so i went with TBM in the end because if TBM was town i viewed him as the most likely nk(next to me).

anyway...i am interested though: why did scum target who they did on the various nights? also any chance to get the scum QT linked here?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #62) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Narsis »

yeah. i /in'd for a large theme called Hydra Mafia. it's going to be lots of fun. :) too bad it's full or i'd point you over to the sign-ups. :D
Record:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”