ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

So . . . . like . . . . this is my catch up post. Here goes.

Budja putting AV at L-2 is meh. A dash of scumminess there, but really nothing too major to worry about.
Col.Cathart, 28 wrote:Random wagon is good in RVS, and in 9 people game, going at L-2 is not that hard either. But since it's a random wagon, it has about 1% of ending with an actual lynch, and yet you are concerned already. Why is that? Something to hide?
I agree with this.
AV, 35 wrote:This might be something to do with the fact that it's the first non-newbie game I've played and its a lot more active than what I'm used to in the newbie games xD I admit I was initially a little nervous that I went to L-2 in less than a day. But I know that it's nothing to be concerned about, because it's RVS and someone needs to get voted in order to get the game rolling, and so I didn't want to explicitly show my immediate reaction in my posts (head over heart). Perhaps it still filtered through, which is why I look shifty?
This rubs me the wrong way, but purely gut.

The double no-explanation Beefster votes at the bottom of page 2 (Budja and d3x) bother me more than a little.

The exchange between AV and Xite about votes without reasons bores me to tears.

Actually . . . this game isn't really all that exciting. (p. 5)

Ai yi yi yi . . . my predecessor wanted to mass claim on page 5. :|

There is a crapload of discussion on theory/plans and less discussion on the actual players. I don't really like this.

I'd love to come back with this awesome analytic post full of scummy behavior that I've called out and such . . . but I'm bored and I'm really not that great at it.

So I'm going to
Unvote, Vote: nocase (L-3?)
because I agree with Beefster, kind of.

Also, I think XScorpion is Town.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 238 wrote:Based on what? I think I could do with hearing some "XS is town" reasoning to balance out my brainload of "XS is scum" reads.
My only modded game he played erratically as town.

Admittedly there was less role fishing, but still, this seems to be the norm for him.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13988

Unfortunately I was whisked away for three weeks, had to get a back-up mod, but the meta's sill there.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:27 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 269 wrote:Adrien C has never actually voted for Budja.

He earlier said that Budja's actions were the scummiest thing he had seen, but never voted for him. Has he posted this unvote of Budja by mistake, just because he was playing too many games? Or was he trying to blend with the town, by misrepresenting his vote?

Vote: Adrien C
This seems like a pretty big stretch.

Since he can't come back now and clarify, is it that unlikely that he was suspicious of Budja but merely forgot to vote for him? He had the intention to vote, but he forgot, and then thought that he actually did.

Also, not liking how four people converged on Adrien (XScorpion, nocase, Budja, AV) within the same time frame. Smells a little fishy.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

XScorpion, 275 wrote:Since when was I voting Adrien?
At the top of the page you voted for him. You are now on Budja, true, but you were one of the four AC votes on the page.
AV, 276 wrote:Are you suggesting there are actually four scum in this setup? (of course you aren't, I jest) How many scum do you think are in that list of four that you've identified?

But seriously, I don't think it's odd that we've all started picking up on AC. After all, due to his somewhat-lurky behaviour, I had been getting a neutral vibe from him because he hadn't really been posting much, in the way of townie or scummy posts. But his recent post with the unvoting was a tad suspect, and that caused me to pay more attention to him. I understand that you think my vote might be harsh based on his unvoting of Budja, but as I said to XS, it was that combined with an uneasy feeling from the rest of his post (especially his desire to vote for one of Beefster or XScorpion, without actually making an effort to get any reads on them)

Also, yes, I acknowledge that it can just be a mistake on his part, in which he thought that he had already voted, but even given this, why did he feel the need to clarify who he was unvoting? It seemed like he wanted to point out who he was allegedly voting, as though, perhaps, he had realised that he hadn't voted Budja and wanted to pull the wool over our eyes. I know that I didn't realise his vote was elsewhere until I ISO'd him recently.
No way I would suggest four scum. I wouldn't be surprised for there to be one scum (at least, but probably not more than one) in the group.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:43 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

My bad.

I got nocase's vote mixed up with his avatar.

Sorry.

:x
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

XScorpion, 283 wrote:Still think there is at least one scum amongst that group of THREE?
Given the individuals in it, yes, although not as likely as before.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:33 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 288 wrote:-What has made it less likely that there are scum in that group than before?
-You said that you thought there was probably only one, even when the group consisted of four players. This would assume that three players are town who have been convinced to vote for another town aligned player. Isn't it more likely that just two town players would be convinced to mislynch, as opposed to three making this mistake?
-Do you think that the votes on Adrien are because of a particular player's arguments, or because of Adrien's actions themselves?
-Pure numbers, nothing more.
-I said probably at least one, because I have some suspicion of both nocase and Budja.
-It could be both. A mafioso won't needlessly bandwagon unless the player has given them reasons to be bandwagoned. The votes themselves are a null-tell, but as I said, I am already suspicions of nocase and Budja.
Budja, 289 wrote:Wagoning is good (@Xscorp, within reason).
I agree, but it can still be a scumtell.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Rhinox wrote:hello all. replacing in and need to get caught up. Just stopping by to say hello and I'm starting to read up.
Oh hai.

So this game is like . . . . retro reunion for me.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Yes, you were. You were scum, fake claiming doctor when I was the doctor . . . . good times, good times.

Where exactly is the Beefster case?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:05 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 323 wrote:XS gaining townie points for his last post imo...
I don't see a particurlarly townie or scummy slant to that post . . . just a player interested in the game, which can happen regardless of alignment (admittedly though, I'm not that suspicious of him right now, just wondering what you see that I don't.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 326 wrote:Oh, I thought scum might prefer a game where not much is going on and things stagnate because players who are less interested might be less committed to scumhunting and reading posts as carefully. So by venting his frustration that people are allowing the discussion to slow down, I took that as a townie frustration.
Alright, I see, that's possible.

I guess I didn't see it due to personal outlook . . . even if I was scum, I guess I'd prefer that people talk. I'd rather lose an active game than win an inactive one . . . it would still be fun to try and escape the lynch.
Beefster wrote:I claim cop.

I'm still waiting for nocase to respond to my defense. Seeing how he hasn't replied for a over a day, something fishy is going on here.
I checked nocase's profile. His most recent post was on the 15th . . . maybe he's just away?

Anyways, this bothers me. I can't get past a gut feeling that your fishing for a cc here . . . and there's information to be learned here.

Sorry if this is a horrible screw up.

Unvote, Vote: Beefster
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I'm not sure I like nocase's quick hop on vote there.

Vote: nocase
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

nocase, sorry, I should probably go back and read the thread, I totally did not realize you were voting him prior to voting Beefster. I didn't spend my time during the night phase thinking about this game much.

Don't worry, I'll try to reread and have a clearer mind about how this game has gone. Of course, when I need time, I happen to get busier, but I will make this happen soon. Considering my reasoning so far today has been horrible, I'll go ahead and unvote now.

Unvote, Vote: d3x
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Rhinox, 359 wrote:vote: AurorusVox

Very confident about this.
I'm kind of glad you present such awesome arguments that I can sheep off of. Baa.

But seriously, this logic is extremely sound.

Also, sorry that I've been quiet, I'm kind of busy.

Unvote, Vote: AurorusVox
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AurorusVox wrote:Rhinox, Budja, ConfidAnon -

None of you have made any responses to my defence against Rhinox's points. Anyone fancy saying something about that or do you just want to lynch me without even reading my posts?
Not posting a response =/= failure to read a post.

I read it, I am just more swayed by Rhinox's argument.

This post sounds like a desperate scum attempt to smear those who are voting them.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV - I've read your explanation and I understand it. However, any action in this game can be explained from some town perspective. Your defense would be alright had it not been for this:
Rhinox wrote:Final thoughts: I think its saying something that Beefy voted, suspected, or questioned everyone in the game at least once, accept for AV. That is noteable because beefy was always demanding reasons or responded whenever someone suspected him or voted him, and beefy didn't even respond at all when AV called him his top suspect and voted. I think that points to a solid connection between the 2, and AV is scum #2.
It is this argument in particular that has led me to vote you.

Also, admittedly, with the d3x vote, I skimmed the thread. Including Rhinox's wall.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

XScorpion wrote:Okay, that's all I wanted to know. What do you make of XScorpion's lack of vote/scumhunting of Beefy, and his defences of him as townie (meta) and his faith in the claim?
Suspicious of it as well. My vote for you might as well be him, I approve of both lynches, but you are slightly scummier to me (purely gut).
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

My bad about the quote, haha, I guess I just had XS on the brain. I'm not saying I won't ever shift from that pool, but I do agree with Rhinox's logic.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

don_johnson wrote:
unvote
XScorpion wrote:My vote isn't budging until Don posts his content.
Assuming he does, I'm leaning more towards d3x than Aurorus.
um. why?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

That question was more towards why you are voting Don at this point.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

ConfidAnon wrote:nocase, sorry, I should probably
go back and read
the thread, I totally did not realize you were voting him prior to voting Beefste
R
. I didn't spend my time during the night phase thinking about this game muc
H

D
on't worry, I'll try to reread and have a clearer mind about how this game has gone.
O
f course, when I need time, I happen to get busier, but I will make this happen soon.
C
onsidering my reasoning so far today has been horrible, I'll go ahead and unvote now.

Unvote, Vote: d3x
I was hoping this could have communicated the save in the event I died before time to claim.

Anyways, this was a good game.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I'd say a combination of players and setup. The setup was smaller compared to what most players are used to (12 or higher).

Return to “Completed Open Games”