Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Budja »

KHG wrote:I'd like to hear Narsis' response before voting for him. I will UNVOTE: Mysterio for now.
^ Explain this. Explain why you showed an interest in voting for Narsis. (and give me a proper answer this time.)

VOTE COUNT

Narsis (5): Plum, Budja, VasudeVa, Thor665, jimfinn
Mysterio (3): Tasky, Narsis, FakeGod
jimfinn (1): Chronopie
VasudeVa (1): TheButtonmen

Not Voting (2): Mysterio, KHG

With 12 alive, 7 votes are needed to lynch.
Last edited by molestargazer on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by KHG »

TheButtonmen wrote:@KHG: Why do you always assume they are talking about Narsis when they mention scum hunting and whats your main reason for disliking the Narsis wagon?
I'm not sure what you mean by the first part of that question, perhaps you could clarify? No one has made an argument against Narsis that I can agree with. If someone can, I can vote for him. That initiated early in the game, when it seemed the Mysterio wagon stalled, which I'll look further into when I have a chance tomorrow.
Thor wrote:@KHG - I don't see how my comments were unoriginal. I do think lack of scumhunting is a scumtell - do you see any reason to disagree with me on that?

If yes, why?

If no, could you please point out some of your scumhunting efforts (I've clearly missed them).
What do you mean by unoriginal? I never used that word.

I don't disagree with you. I'm not going to comb through my posts and decide when I was scumhunting; you can do that yourself, if you're interested.
Budja wrote: ^ Explain this. Explain why you showed an interest in voting for Narsis. (and give me a proper answer this time.)
I didn't show an interest in voting for Narsis so as much I said I was willing to vote for him, just as I am willing to vote for everyone. Perhaps if you explained what was so
improper
about my previous answer, I could attempt to give you a
proper
answer.
I've made a huge mistake.
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by KHG »

Meanwhile, I won't get the chance to post again for roughly sixteen hours, should anyone ask any more questions of me.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Plum »

KHG wrote:
Budja wrote: ^ Explain this. Explain why you showed an interest in voting for Narsis. (and give me a proper answer this time.)
I didn't show an interest in voting for Narsis so as much I said I was willing to vote for him, just as I am willing to vote for everyone. Perhaps if you explained what was so
improper
proper
answer.
Backtrack city, here we come! You clearly said "I'd like to hear Narsis' response before voting for him." This implies that you were not merely willing to vote for Narsis (apparently that's default status towards all other players for you; if you were merely as willing to vote him as anyone else, why state it at all?) but actively considering doing so, depending on his responses. You were considering it, and you were interested in it. You never stated why you would be. Please explain.

Also, while you're at it, explain what prompted you to unvote Mysterio.

Screw it; trying to get out of answering questions, plenty of other stuff including backtracking on the Mysterio wagon (first him claiming VT was directly scummy, then "I'm not intending to be confrontational, that claim is just
Mysterious
(ha) to me") for no explained reason, the rolefishing coupled with the outraged reaction to Mysterio's bite at the bait is more than enough to want KHG strung up.

UNVOTE: Narsis
VOTE: KHG

Who's with me?!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Me.

Unvote; Vote: KHG.

You guys left me high and dry on the VV wagon :( .
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

KHG wrote:What do you mean by unoriginal? I never used that word.
You used the word 'trite'. Trite = unoriginal. Maybe use smaller words if you're uncertain what bigger ones mean?
I don't disagree with you. I'm not going to comb through my posts and decide when I was scumhunting; you can do that yourself, if you're interested.
I have - and then I accused you of not scumhunting at all. I asked you why and you basically implied that you
were
scumhunting. I'm trying to figure out where and how and thought you might want to help me do that.

Plum's new wagon is exciting and smells of fresh leather. I don't want to buy it just yet, but I'm certainly intrigued by the features and am curious of the handling and performance.
My Narsis model doesn't feel like it's really gone through a test run yet.

@Button - well you left me alone on FakeGod too :P
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Plum wrote:
KHG wrote:
improper
proper
answer.
Backtrack city, here we come! You clearly said "I'd like to hear Narsis' response before voting for him." This implies that you were not merely willing to vote for Narsis (apparently that's default status towards all other players for you; if you were merely as willing to vote him as anyone else, why state it at all?) but actively considering doing so, depending on his responses. You were considering it, and you were interested in it. You never stated why you would be. Please explain.

Also, while you're at it, explain what prompted you to unvote Mysterio.

Screw it; trying to get out of answering questions, plenty of other stuff including backtracking on the Mysterio wagon (first him claiming VT was directly scummy, then "I'm not intending to be confrontational, that claim is just
Mysterious
(ha) to me") for no explained reason, the rolefishing coupled with the outraged reaction to Mysterio's bite at the bait is more than enough to want KHG strung up.

UNVOTE: Narsis
VOTE: KHG

Who's with me?!
Thirded VOTE: KHG

I'm calling KHG | Narsis | VV
or
FakeGod. gg.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Yes, because the scum team will be all the newbie players...yes.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by FakeGod »

KHG wagon is interesting and all, but up until pg 7 or so my and his train of thought mirrored each other well.

so I thought because our thinkings are pretty similar, our alignments should be too. :?

Anyways, I'll pass on the wagon.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Plum »

FakeGod, are you interested in evaluating the reasons for the wagon at all or just sort of making a neutral comment and passing on contributing to the question at hand at all?
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by KHG »

Thor wrote:You used the word 'trite'. Trite = unoriginal. Maybe use smaller words if you're uncertain what bigger ones mean?
Trite also means banal. That's what I was referring to. And, what, exactly is the point of an attacking comment like that?
Plum wrote:You clearly said "I'd like to hear Narsis' response before voting for him." This implies that you were not merely willing to vote for Narsis (apparently that's default status towards all other players for you; if you were merely as willing to vote him as anyone else, why state it at all?) but actively considering doing so, depending on his responses. You were considering it, and you were interested in it. You never stated why you would be. Please explain.
It was a throwaway line. I meant that the evidence did merit my voting for Narsis at that time; I shouldn't have implied it was dependent on what he was saying next.

Referring to Mysterio, his responses throughout the thread convinced me that he was pro-town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Banal = unoriginal. But please feel free to give me your definition of banal and how you intended it in your commentary.

I used the attacking commentary because I was unamused how you were playing a definitions game to try to redefine the discussion - I still think you're trying.

You still haven't really addressed how I should find your scumhunting work yet. I still submit it's not there and all you seem to be doing currently is defending yourself (and not that well, if I may make a personal observation).
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by KHG »

Thor665 wrote:Banal = unoriginal. But please feel free to give me your definition of banal and how you intended it in your commentary.

I used the attacking commentary because I was unamused how you were playing a definitions game to try to redefine the discussion - I still think you're trying.

You still haven't really addressed how I should find your scumhunting work yet. I still submit it's not there and all you seem to be doing currently is defending yourself (and not that well, if I may make a personal observation).
I took trite to mean devoid of real meaning; perhaps I used it incorrectly. Do you honestly think a comment like that is the right thing to say?

I said you can read my earlier posts and decide if I was scumhunting. If you think my actions merit a lynch, go ahead. I'm pro-town and the town would be closer to losing. You say I'm not defending myself well, but I don't know what to say. Everything's been said about this one post I that I said about Narsis, and maybe I got caught up in my words.

I'm Sergeant Detritus and I'm a townie.

Plum made a big deal earlier about the distinction between a townie and a vanilla townie (which I don't understand), but my role PM simply said townie so I'll leave it at that.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Well I'm happy with my vote.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@Plum: Sure, no problem.

I'll linearize the KHG wagon's progress with my thoughts to them.

It starts around pg. 10, when Plum first points out rolefishing questions KHG asked. I agreed in 242 that KHG shouldn't have asked those questions, but I still had an overall town read on him. (maybe bit newb-town, if you take it into account that he's a newer player)

Budja asks why did KHG switch fast from Mysterio to Narsis, to which KHG simply responds
KHG wrote: I'm not voting for Narsis right now. I said I'd like to hear from him. Apparently, my not voting for him is scumlike, and if I voted for him, that would be scumlike.
He is shown to be cautious and doesn't want to draw attention to himself. And he should realize that just because he's not voting for him doesn't mean he's completely clear. But I still think that he is more likely to be defensive newb-town then scum.

Plum responds to KHG with 246,
Plum wrote:KHG, bringing up questions, even with that sort of disclaimer, is partly asking for answers to the question. Mentioning the questions does constitute rolefishing-prodding. What, did you expect to let the questions hang in the air - and you didn't say explicitly that they shouldn't be answered. You just said you didn't necessarily mean they should be at that point - it's speculating about info and prodding for answers - directly asking Mysterio about his role and powers - with a little disclaimer. The tone and intent still had to do with questions which were not put there to sit and look pretty. They were there to get speculation out in the open and directly increase the chances of everyone talking about it, especially Mysterio, the only person with the info you asked about. Disclaimer or not. It had distinct overtones of rolefishing. You directly asked questions about Mysterio's role. That counts as asking Mysterio for information, or pushing him to reveal information. This wouldn't be egregious if you didn't turn around directly and call Mysterio out for having given the info. You asked the questions. If you'd said 'oh shoot, I shouldn't have asked those questions because they shouldn't have been discussed right now' that would have been one thing. But you refuse to shoulder the weight of having asked some of the questions which caused the revelation of the info by Mysterio. That's hypocritical and opportunistic.

I am a VT = I don't have any abilities.
I'm a Townie = Look guys I am so completely and totally Town, really super Town!

The latter can be scummy; the former is by itself neutral. You tried to equate Mysterio's statement of #1 for the inherently suspect nature of #2.

My main problems with you aren't your desire to wait on a Narsis vote in and of itself. However, my desire not to move my vote yet springs from the fact that my reason for voting Narsis was related to his lack of participation, bag full of nullreads followed by a jump on a popular bandwagon for a mediocrely explained (at best) reason EDIT: Actually I think I understand it better now, and I might feel a little better about it. I need to gauge whether or not he's still avoiding contribution and content-posting or not, and if he posts, does it seem to be honest scumhunting or not.
After examining the text, I came to the conclusion that Plum is basically explaining her rolefishing accusation against KGH for the first part with a statement example (I didn't get the example, unfortunately; I don't see much difference between "I'm VT" and "I'm Town", not including the = "stuff"), and the second part explains her vote against Narsis.

Then Pg. 11 began.

KHG maintains that he didn't join the Narsis wagon because he didn't vote Narsis. Same position as he took before.

Budja comes in to say in 264,
Budja wrote:@KHG, Whether you are voting for him or not in a technicality. I want to know why are you interested in voting for Narsis rather than Mysterio who you looked quite happy to vote just a post earlier.
(i.e Why did you change your focus to Narsis?)
I praise his point, since Budja reminds KHG that it's just a technicality, but the intent to vote is more important here.

KHG responds by arguing the importance of a vote and that there is a difference between intent to lynch and wanting to hear a case, which, while do I agree that votes are very important, I think it's pro-town to vote someone, because votes, unlike opinions that get buried under other posts, stay as solid evidence of the said person's stance at given moment in time. I do not approve of KHG's unwillingness to commit a vote on someone.

Thor joins in and accuses KHG in 267.
Thor665 wrote:@KHG - if you're waiting for a case to become actually worth supporting what are you doing in order to help this happen?

In other words - you seem to be sitting on the sidelines and not helping, my gut says 'OMG, no scumzhnting means obvious scummorz, vote pl0x!!!' Why is my gut wrong?
Good point. Except for the word choices, I would've said same had I've been around to respond.

KHG repeats that Narsis isn't worth voting for.

Plum asks KHG directly then who is his top suspect in 269, which KHG replies that he doesn't have one.

Unfortunately for KHG, not having any suspects often translates to not scumhunting.

Button joins in with 273,
TheButtonmen wrote:
@KHG:
Why do you always assume they are talking about Narsis when they mention scum hunting and whats your main reason for disliking the Narsis wagon?
In first point, Button points out a possible scumslip, but I don't like his second point, because Button unfairly treated "not believing Narsis's case enough to vote him" to "I'm against Narsis wagon". Still, it's KHG's fault for being wishywashy and not commiting.

after that, people start voting KHG.

After considering these points, I decided not to vote for him. If it was day 2, I probably voted for him, because inconsistencies mean much more in day 2 than in day 1, but seeing that I originally had a town read on him (before he began being all wishywashy), I'm going to give this wagon a pass.

Calling all touhou fans!
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by KHG »

TheButtonmen wrote:Well I'm happy with my vote.
I expected something like this. Obviously there's less risk involved in lynching a townie than someone with another claim, so the town has comparatively less to lose.

I've said what I've said, so I'll let you guys talk it out and decide. But if I'm lynched, look back at the end of the Mysterio wagon and the change to Narsis. I think a lot of relationships will be exposed there.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

What exactly about the switch from Mysterio to Narsis do you find scummy?
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by KHG »

Thor665 wrote:What exactly about the switch from Mysterio to Narsis do you find scummy?
The seeming lack of enthusiasm for Mysterio's lynch without explanation from certain players. I don't have time to go through it right now, but I'll take a look if I'm still alive tomorrow.

Now, I'd appreciate if you answered my question.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Budja »

KHG, you kept dancing around the point of my question rather than answering it. (I asked three times).

I'm happy to switch to this wagon.
unvote, vote KHG

(Still think Narsis is scum.)

I'd like Chronopie to speak up a bit too rather than just latch to popular wagons/reads.

Preview: Ironic, KHG, since that is where you are getting a lot of your scumpoints.
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by KHG »

Budja wrote:KHG, you kept dancing around the point of my question rather than answering it. (I asked three times).

I'm happy to switch to this wagon.
unvote, vote KHG

(Still think Narsis is scum.)

I'd like Chronopie to speak up a bit too rather than just latch to popular wagons/reads.

Preview: Ironic, KHG, since that is where you are getting a lot of your scumpoints.
I don't know what you want me to say. I answered your question, then you told me my answer was inadequate without telling me why. I said I would consider voting for Narsis based off the previous explanations given. That was all I said, and I never moved past that point on Narsis.
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by KHG »

Alright, done for the night posting.

I'd assume the people voting for me simply don't believe my claim? Is that assumed? Buttonmen and Budja haven't given explanations.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Good night KHG

Calling all touhou fans!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

KHG wrote:I took trite to mean devoid of real meaning; perhaps I used it incorrectly. Do you honestly think a comment like that is the right thing to say?
This
is the question you really wanted me to answer?

If you took offense at me suggesting you didn't know what the word meant...well, you apparently didn't know what it meant and you'd asked me why I had brought up 'unoriginal' so I had to respond that I brought it up because that's what the word you used means (I can't very well say that without bringing up the actual definition of the word and suggesting maybe you should know it if you're going to use the word). Consider from my perspective - it's like someone saying I'm being untruthful, and I demand to know how I'm lying, and they respond with "when did I say you were lying?" I'm going to be annoyed they're ducking my question and trying to play word games that appear obfuscatory and obtuse in nature, aren't I?

If you took offense on a personal level I'll apologize since it wasn't particularly my purpose, but I already explained what my purpose was and I don't feel I stepped over the line into being particularly rude (I'll also note rudeness is used as a scumhunting tool by many players, so if *I'm* getting to you, then you might want to really reassess playing on this site, because I'm one of the polite ones).

If you're just asking me about using l33t speak when my 'gut' was speaking and suggesting your lack of scumhunting was scummy...well...yes, I do consider that viable, appropriate, and (more to the point), accurate.

Also - yeah, there's a pretty good chance the people voting you either don't believe your claim and/or are scum. In fact 100% of the people voting you fall into those two options. That's the way the game works.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Plum »

KHG, you had three votes on you. Why did you claim?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Budja »

KHG wrote: I said I would consider voting for Narsis based off the previous explanations given. That was all I said, and I never moved past that point on Narsis.
No, you expressed interest in joining the Narsis wagon after been pretty strongly fixated with Mysterio. You didn't mention any arguments that had convinced you.
Whenever I tried to ask me about it you focused on relatively unimportant aspect of my post while missing the direct point, "what had convinced you to change your stance".
You still have only vaguely giving me an idea of why.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”