NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:28 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

/confirm

And Xite speaks the truth about A2Rudeboy.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:45 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

From start of page 5 - danakillsu is certainly being antitown, but this could be both town failage or scumf failage. Also, just in case this is the case, because I recognize the username, if your experience you are referring to comes from epicmafia, prepare to be a noob again. This is a whole different ballgame.

JDodge's aggressiveness is good for getting us out of the RVS, but overall a null tell.

Furcolow's change from "I'm not changing my vote" to "if you strawman one more time I'm changing my vote to you" is strange, but I don't think it's that scummy.

danakillsu is insane, and the dana/furcolow exchange at the bottom of page 6 is headdesk worthy.
Wraith wrote:Reading further beyond that, I am even more confident in my vote. Dana is flailing, and is lashing out only at his primary accuser, and nitpicking at that. If you're town, prove it by making a meaningful contribution.
This quote bothers me. It seems like "I'm not posting, but I want to look like I'm posting." "Flailing" can apply to anything if you try hard enough. Lashing out at his primary accuser isn't exactly the scummiest thing in the world (the primary accuser would have the most to respond to), and nitpicking is a nulltell. The diction used in this post seems like trying to further smear danakillsu without having to provide much content. In other words, contributing to a wagon without actually contributing. The last sentence is pointless, but still has the connotations of scumhunting. Could potentially be subtle coaching. Wraith doesn't want to bus on day 1? A stretch, but if one of them is scum, this ties them together quite nicely.
furcolow wrote:IS he still in this game?
@Mod requesting prod
If this is in reference to me, I got kind of busy with last week being the first week of school, so I didn't get to check MS for a couple days. It's only been two days, and there are ten pages already. :O

Also, two games I'm in started during this time, and both are pretty active. Joy. But anyways, I'm back and ready to play.
hiphop wrote:Hitting scum day 1 in a large normal is luck, so let's just lynch someone and get it over with.
I agree with this, but for different reasons. A large normal really has the potential to have a thread basically unreadable due to length. There is no point in Day 1 going into 20+, 30+ etc pages, and only makes things immensely difficult if we need replacements. We will gain a lot of information from flips, and we already have quite a bit of content to analyze. This day should not last forever, imo.

With that said, it's only been two days. We should wait a little longer.
Wraith wrote:Lots of reading to be done, but I want to make a comment before I finish.

FoS: hiphop Blatant wagoning. I at least have reasons for joining the wagon, despite what everyone else thinks. You don't. I'm not letting you slip in under the radar.

Also, I've realized I'm getting tunnel vision. Gonna start concentrating on other players for now, dana has enough pressure and has slipped up enough times.
Mainly gut, but this post I feel is very scummy. Although, the last line further enforces the wraith/dana scumteam idea.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm not impressed with ConfidAnon's post. Lots of fluff in it and he doesn't even vote.

Also, Mysterio could use some more votes.
Your right, I didn't vote. I was in a rush to get the post out there, and I forgot to type this into the post:

Vote: danakillsu

She has a fair chance of being scum based on the play, and due to the village-idiot-ness of her play, she will get lynched at some point. It's better for that to be now than later, because we don't need a cluttered thread.

------

Please clarify "lots of fluff."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

wickeddestjr wrote:By "lots of fluff", I meant that I felt a large part of the post was unhelpful. The first three sentences are you listing points you don't agree with. The sentence after that you point out something headdesk worthy. The only part of that post that is actually helpful is your points regarding Wraith and Danakillsu explaining why they may be connected. Speaking of which, you see a connection between the two based on Wraith's posts yet vote danakillsu. And you didn't even mention why you found danakillsu scummy in your first post. FoS: ConfidAnon
I found danakillsu scummy for the plethora of points mentioned by others. I didn't feel the need to mention them because I didn't want an unneccessarily long post. Walls which repeat thing clutter the thread. Probably should have put a statement like this in the original post, my apologies. Was rushing to get it out tehre.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I don't think Furcolow is scum. The insistance of danakillsu being scum in light of the Cop claim seems like a frustrated townie wondering why we are all treating the claim as a lynch preventer. That being said, the AtE is horrible.

Unvote, Vote: Wraith

The iso's are verging on information over analysis. Yes, he does give conclusions to the iso's. However, his analysis portion of it sets himself up nicely to take either side of an argument.

Wraith RE: UltimaAvalon
Wraith wrote:After doing some actual in-depth reading I fail to see anything particularly scummy about UA. As he's said, his play so far is more for attacking JDodge and his arguments than defending dana. However, his single-minded focus on what is basically a "proxy defense" is not going to work in the long run. You need to start making some real contributions.
Wraith RE: hiphop
Wraith wrote:Hiphop is either blatant scum trying to slip under the radar or really dumb town who won't contribute until Day 2. His single-minded crusade for a bandwagon of some kind is unsettling.
Wraith RE: Furcolow
Wraith wrote:Furc's been single-mindedly focused on dana and UA pretty much the entire game, and almost all of his posts are attacks on them or restatements of his attacks. However, his cases against dana were far better than dana's cases against him. I want to see how he reacts to the cop claim and bandwagon falling apart.
Aside from that, there are a few other things that bother me as well.

It rubs me the wrong way that he unvoted because of the claim by danakillsu, but is applying constant pressure to said claim still. It seems like preparing himself to jump right back on the wagon if it forms up again.
Wraith wrote:Also, just because I believe the claim for now doesn'tmean my suspicions are dropped. That was some of the worst play as a cop I've seen. IGMEOY dana
Wraith wrote:Don't like that vote by dana, makes me believe the cop claim a little less.
Finally, we have this gem:
Wraith wrote:@Xite: If I was scum with Furcolow, I would not be doing this much defending. I just think he's a bad D1 lynch. Personally I think he should vigkilled during a later night because he draws so much damn fire from everyone. It'll be very easy for the scum to manipulate the town into lynching him. I'm assuming Furcolow is town because he's too easy to lynch. If he was scum he wouldn't attract this much attention to himself. Therefore, I believe at least one or two scum are part of the "lynch Furcolow" mob.
First sentence is pure wifom. So is the second to last sentence. Additionally, he assumes that Furcolow is Town because he seems easy to lynch . . . but I didn't see any arguments from him like that when everyone was ready to hang danakillsu.

So yea, I think he's got a good shot at being scum.

Preview Edit: I agree with reck, this game is going EXTREMELY fast. At this rate, we'll have 44 pages in a week if the day hasn't ended and we keep going at this rate.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite91 wrote:Okay, so I think that we should either decide on a frank or a wraith lynch
Out of the two, wraith is superior.

Why is Furc so scummy except the blatant AtE and insistence that danakillsu is scum and the lynch for today? Because I think AtE is a nulltell and insistence is a towntell to be honest.

(That's directed at anyone, not just Xite.)
danakillsu wrote:Yeah, scummy as he is, Wraith isn't really the lynch for today. If you're voting for Wraith, you should be voting for Frank. In the last two pages I see: Frankscum Wraithscum Xitetown Porochaztown Robbnull. Consider this a catchup post.
I don't understand this one. If you think Wraith is scum, why is he not the lynch?
bunnylover wrote:idk, I don't get why Wraith is pushing us to vig Frank so much,
makes Frank look scummy
and makes Wraith looks scum even after flipping Frank.
I'm going to post my opinion (OMG I'M POSTING SOMETHING?!)
I believe Wraith is scum by his current action. He knows that no one will follow his plan to lynch himself, so he going to try and stop Frank lynch, which he knows he can't,
so when Frank is flip and shows townie
(assuming that he is townie), everyone will lean that Wraith is townie. This would only work if Wraith is mafia because he knows who is townie and who is his scumbuddy.
I'm more then sure I was thinking more, but it seem that I can't remember is, but thats the jest of it.
Like I said in my first post, I will only post if I am more then sure the person is scum, and this is what I believe in.
Vote Wraith
I agree with where you have placed your vote.

However, how you got there isn't that great. Actually, it smells like a contradiction. Check out what I bolded and see if you can see what I'm talking about.
Furcolow wrote:ConfidAnon - Isn't this the person I asked to contribute by asking the mod to prod them at 25 hours? If it is, it's funny, because I don't remember them really posting anything.
Try reading the thread. I don't really do multiple posts in a day for this game, especially because of the size. However, I think what I have to contribute is worth reading.
Furcolow wrote:a vig would hit you because you're either dumb town or scum
i would not be flipping scum, i would be flipping town
quit stating lies
If an anthology of terrible mafia posts were ever compiled, I would nominate this to go in it.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Why don't we have more Wraith votes?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

EBWOP:
danakillsu, 437 wrote:@ ConfidAnon
Well, for one thing, I said Wraith and Furc were both scum, and I have to choose one of them. But for another thing, if Furc flips town somehow it partially clears Wraith, who has been defending him.
It wouldn't clear him at all. Scum buddy to town all the time.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Why did no one ever comment on my Wraith case?

My reasoning does not include "defends Furcolow," and yet everyone is saying that's the only reason for suspecting him. The post is here.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:16 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

nhammen wrote:I thought your Wriath case was great, but shanba's hiphop case was better. They are both higher on my list than furc. Also, can you explain why you are echoing shanba's "Is there a reason everyone is totally ignoring my last post?"
My Lindsay-Lohan-attention-needing-gene.

But seriously, it just felt like it was getting ignored, and I had a different viewpoint than what I was hearing throughout the thread. It's most likely due to getting swallowed up in the post count of the thread . . . if this game gets any bigger, it will be rivalling the size of Oprah's cult.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

wickedestjr wrote:Also, I think Wraith is town. I don't want to lynch him.
Why?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wanting to lynch a claimed Cop is NOT scummy. It's anti-town, but not scummy. I can easily see a new player wanting to lynch a claimed Cop day 1 that they find suspicious. The AtE just reeks of frustration, and is a nulltell. Are there any other reasons for Frank that I'm not seeing? Because I don't see a case on him and do not comprehend why there is a wagon.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Frank, did you seriously just switch claims?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: Wraith

You all know where I stand on him from my posting yesterday.

Also, dana, what was your report?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

xite91 wrote:Flinter... you're an idiot. I think dana is scummy, too, but I'm waiting to see what happens. Also there are ways to explain why dana targetted DP. Like maybe, he was being told to? Remember that? Also, it makes sense that scum would try to kill one of them, and dana was the more likely to get doc'd. Think a little guys
Agreed.

Xite, please quit verbalizing my thoughts. Your making me look like a sheep
and I went to so much work to shear that wool
and I'm really not.
robbnva wrote:I think the first people we need to look at are the people who avoided the frank bandwagon, in my mind it is those people who have a better chance of being mafia.
Is there more to this than personal scumplay preference?

I would say that in a larger game, it's easier for scum to get away with bandwagoning on a townie because there are so many other targets. It's also easier for the scumteam to take a variety of different opinions. This could go either way, and I'm not saying we shouldn't look at the people not on the wagon, but I don't see anything making one group of players a more valid target than the other.

Also, I've got some issues with your vote reasoning.
robbnva wrote:1. he only posts 3 times and 1 is a confirm post
2. he avoids a frank bandwagon, and he tries to throw other names out there to distract people from frank
3. he criticizes another player for lack of posting, but the game has been open for 6 days when he posts only is 3rd post
4. his biggest and most telling tell, he is getting "null" vibes from all the people he just names (me being one of the ones he named) and he is getting "pro town" vibes on 3 or 4people but refuses to name him, why on earth would he not name those people unless those people he is protecting.
1. Strikes me as a nulltell.
2. Read what I said above. I
still
don't see what was so scummy about Frank.
3. Valid.
4. Valid.

The first two points sound like trying to fit nulltells into a scumtell frame, which is fairly scummy.
Wraith wrote:Just want to say I knew DavidParker was lying. At least his gambit worked this time. Lynch me if you will, but if you are I'm not expending any effort to defend myself. I'm tired of getting lynched as town and want to move on.

I haven't liked ConfidAnon's play. So that's where my vote goes. Vote: ConfidAnon
Wow.

Blatant OMGUS =
Confirm Vote: Wraith

danakillsu wrote:okay, so if you haven't figured it out, here's what went down last night.
1. Someone killed nhammen. Who knows who or how.
2. I investigated David Parker. I did this because he also claimed cop. I expected to get a guilty on him, knowing my role was cop, but it turned out he was just making a gambit, as has already been stated. ALL SMART COPS WILL ALWAYS INVESTIGATE THEIR CC'S.
3. Maf killed David Parker (presumably). They did this because doc (if any) was told to be on me, and DP was the other cop claim.

These all make perfect sense for who did them if nhammen's killer was a vig. And they still pretty much make sense if the killer was another scum faction or SK. Any questions?
And honestly, yesterday, I was trying to make it seem like I would investigate wraith, just to throw mafia off in some way.
Less information, more analysis. Kthnxbi.

However, judging by the flip of Mafia Goon with no adjectives attached to the name, I'm guessing we're only dealing with one scum faction . . . which should make things easier to look for connections.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

@.@ wrote:Awful awful assumption, with a side of setup speculation and a hint of might know more about the set up then the town should for good measure.

I've seen mods name their scum factions. I've seen mods NOT name their scum factions. I've seen both of these things multiple times, with one AND two scum factions in normal large games. Protip: Dont look for flavor to give you information about the setup in a NORMAL game, hell, any mod worth their salt won't give away information with flavor in a themed game either. (safe claims, reverse setups, etc.)
Eh, most games with multiple factions I've seen have labeled them like "Sicillian Mafia," "Chicago Mafia," etc. Then again, haven't played that many games.

Any thoughts on any of my other statements?

Like, for instance, my ignored Wraith case from day 1?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

@.@ wrote:I'll be honest, I didn't read day one AS carefully as I should have. I mean, I read it, as is pretty obvious from my knowledge of the game so far, but I skimmed a lot of it. If you could give me a post number to look at to see your case, I would appreciate it.

I'll ask you the same thing about what I've been posting about bunnylover in the last page and a half or so.
It's understandable, especially as a replacement. Here is the original case. I think I'll probably do an update, because lots of game has occurred between the original posting and that, but that's still where the basis of my suspicion comes from.

You bring up valid points on bunny . . . however, the nonchalantness of the AtE smells Town. Hard to qualify why I'm leaning this way (might be just gut), but it seems like poor town play to me.
@.@ wrote:Also, I don't know that an OMGUS deserves a confirm vote (if it did, you'd already be voting for bunnylover,) even if that is what wraith did, but I dont see how what wraith did is OMGUS. Can you OMGUS a dead player? I don't really understand your statement.
I interpret confirm vote to be more as "oh, you just did something else scummy, more reason to vote you." His most recent post in this game votes for me (someone who's been suspecting him since about halfway through day 1) with no other reasoning given than "I don't like his play." OMGUS.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

@.@ wrote:@confid: That seems mainly like a problem of translation, to me confirm vote basically means "Ok, I'm absolutely sure now." I don't agree with your reasoning, however. "No reason given" is not the same as "no reason" There are many reasons why a player may include no analysis with a vote, only some of them are scummy, and only one of them is OMGUS. I don't get the vibe at all that he was voting you because thought he sounded suspicious, or suspecting you because you suspected him, which is the definition of OMGUS. Basically, the reason you OMGUS as scum is to deflect attention onto the person attacking you, or to get them lynched so they wont attack you anymore. I don't see him trying to accomplish either of those things with that post, especially considering he had a couple votes today besides yours. If anything, the most interesting thing about that post, to me, was his defeatist attitude "I'm done defending myself, y'all can go to hell" basically. I'm not sure if I think that is a townie comment or a scummy comment at this point, though. I'll probably reevaluate when I read your case.
No one states "I'm voting you because your voting me" unless it's in the RVS (from what I've seen). Perhaps "OMGUS" isn't an entirely correct label, but the no reasoning on the vote at this point in the game, I believe, is a valid tell. I would love for Wraith to qualify that more, but so far I have no idea where he is coming from with his vote (and the beginning of day 2 seems like a very odd time to start some kind of gambit like that.)
@.@ wrote:I am not interested in getting into a pissing contest with you, I just want to know what parts of my arguments against bunnylover you find invalid, and either scrap the case if you are right, or convince you, if I think you're wrong. I think just focusing on one player on day 2 of a large is a pretty piss poor mindset.
I think there's something to be said for focusing on one player at a time. Control thread size, and see how some players react to NOT being in the spotlight as opposed to being in the spotlight. You can always get a Frank type reaction from the center of attention, but the more accurate scummy behavior I believe will come when you don't have the pressure of several players with a vote. Frustration can come as town or scum.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wraith wrote:Unvote Vote: Wraith

This is a test.
You failed the test.

You have yet to defend yourself, and you have yet to expound upon your vote on me. Now you're just trolling. Way to ruin the game for people! If your not going to play, don't sign up for the game.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I say no suggestions for dana.

Not only does it give potential mafia roles (framer, redirector) extra info, but it also allows you an easy way out of making your own decisions on the off chance this is a fake claim (I don't doubt that you are real right now, but you can never be too careful.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

An updated look at Wraith

The original case is here.

He spends mucho time speaking out against a Frank lynch. Nulltell there, however, this is interesting. Two days after vehemently being anti-Frank lynch, we get these two posts:
Wraith wrote:Okay, catching up some more, I'm losing faith in my defense of Furcolow faster and faster, especially with the scumslip post Wicked pointed out. TBH however, I think it can be safe to believe there's a possibility that there are two scum groups, considering the size of the game, but I suppose the scumminess of that comment comes from the certainty. Also, lynching the claimed cop is STUPID no matter how you look at it. If we're trying to avoid lynching our power roles I think we're better off lynching you, because you've denied my wild speculation that you're a PR playing VI to avoid a nightkill. Even if we don't lynch, he draws a nightkill or at least a roleblock, if there is a scum roleblocker. Better for him to die at night and given a chance than struck down by the town after he's claimed. I'm also doubting myself over Furcolow because of his continued ultra-scummy play, specifically his jumping onto the most popular wagon whenever he sees it. I believe he's on the hiphop wagon now?
Wraith wrote:However, I'll add that either way I think me voting Frank will end up as a lose-lose for me. I'll immediately get hit by a wall of bussing accusations, and if he flips scum I'll probably be the Day 2 lynch. If I vote for him and he flips town, I'll still probably get lynched Day 2 for suddenly flip-flopping on my stance and joining his very popular wagon. But whatever, I don't really care, because my lynch would save a PR from being mislynched. I still honestly think lynching Frank is a bad idea in the long run, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Vote: Frank
This is spectacularly scummy. Not only does he does he softly prepare himself to vote for Frank in the first post (a complete 180 from his reads in the previous day), but he ends up joining the Frank wagon while stating that "lynching Frank is a bad idea." There is an obvious contradiction in there. This sounds like scum distancing from a Townie lynch, and doing a poor job of it.

Also note the unneccessary AtE attached to the action. In this case, it's scummy. "I know this is scummy, I know your going to vote for me, but I'm doing it anyway." Ok . . . so? Your point is? Sounds like an attempt to ward off potential voters with a weak emotional statement.
Wraith wrote:How about this: If you flip town, I'll take a chunk of time out to make a study on Xite. If you flip scum, I'll just check to see if Xite might have been bussing.
Now that I've been reminded of this, I'm gonna hold it against you.

Please post that soon.
Wraith wrote:And it's far too early for one mislynch to destroy the town's hopes, even if you'r a PR (which I suspect you're trying to imply). If you're a PR you've played it terribly and you need to change up your play for future games.
The first bit is scummy. From my experience in mafia on other sites, the scum are more likely to use "rallying cry" type statements like "It's alright! One mislynch won't hurt us!" or "Come on, we can still do this!" as an attempt to appear protown. It doesn't affect much in the long run, but the little bit of good favor with the other players goes a long way in if they are willing to lynch you or not (regardless of how vehemently they deny it.)

That's pretty much all the notable new scummy behavior from Wraith for Day 1.

Day 2 has given us what I still have no other reason to believe is a pure OMGUS vote, a self-vote, and AtE. Why are you avoiding giving content today? Yesterday, even though you were scummy, you still put your own thoughts out there. Why none today?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

@.@ wrote:I don't know that I agree with your first point. Town players are allowed to change their minds, and to me the first wraith post you quote reads pretty much like a town player changing his mind based on new evidence (especially since it was day 1). I can see your point that he's setting himself up to go either way on it, but really I don't think thats particularly more likely (or even more likely at all) then a town player just deciding that he has changed his mind. Is there any particular reason why you think it is?
The second post, imo, reeks of scum trying to "buffer" a switch to a Townie vote, so to speak. The AtE thrown in there, specifically. Almost like trying to admit something is scummy to make it less scummy (I feel like there's a better way to say what I'm trying to say, I just can't figure it out yet.) I agree that the first post on it's own is null. However, in conjunction with the scummy post changing the vote, it feels more like a scum vote setup than a town opinion change.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite91 wrote:@CA - You're playing totally different than how I'm used to you playing. I have to meta another player in another game, but when I finish I'm checkin you out next
I don't know why, but some games really click with me and I feel like my participation is alright, but other games I just kind of fall apart in. I'm really inconsistent.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wraith wrote:I don't like his 228. It's pretty much fence-sitting against dana and Furcolow and tunneling against me. He makes me out as scum based almost entirely on word choice.
I can see how it could be interpretted as fence-sitting. Meh. I made you out as scum because the post was scummy . . . word choice was a part of it, but if you feel like you used the wrong word, you should clarify. What I stated about that post I still feel is true, and you've done nothing to change that opinion.
Wraith wrote:In CA's 389 he first points out that he doesn't think Furc is scum, yet then outlines Furc's scummy actions, notably the AtE and Furc's constant pressure on a claimed cop. Smells of setting up bandwagon justification. The rest of his post is dedicated to attacking me, and he attacks me based on "fence-sitting." I was committing to my reads at first based on recklessness and lack of reading, but doing the ISOs gave me a better idea of those people. He attacks me for not believing the claim. Until someone is confirmed there is no reason NOT to doubt the claim. Dana's play was terrible before and after the claim and it made me doubt it. It's one of the flimsier claims I've seen in my time here. Lastly, he attacks me based on my opinion of Furcolow's meta. Furcolow is naturally an extremely scummy player and almost always turns out to be VI. So why should I think he's scum if I'm pretty confident he's a VI?
Try reading 389 again. I never called the AtE and the insistance about the Cop claim scummy. I did say that the AtE is horrible, and by that I meant terrible play regardless of alignment. The misrepresentation is noted.

About the iso's - The only conclusions you drew on Furc, UA, and hiphop amounted to varying degrees of "I'm not sure either way." So the better ideas you gained were "neutral?" Information over Analysis here, pure and simple.

I'm not suspecting you for doubting the claim, specifically, but the way you kept saying in your posts that you were ready to jump on her if the need arises. Also, I attacked your opinion of Frank because of pure wifom and an inconsistent stance in regards to the way you treated him and danakillsu. Like I said, try reading that post again, because all of your defenses in this section of your post failed.
Wraith wrote:Also, I would like to pose a question to dana I don't has been asked or asnwered yet: Dana, what was your investigation result last night?
Hooray for reading the thread! She got an innocent result in DavidParker.
Wraith wrote: To me, CA's 434 is golden. To defend his insistence that I am scum, he goes back and reverses his opinions: AtE is nulltell and insistence is towntell, despite having attacked Furc for those things in 389. Yet, didn't he attack me in 389 for insistence on dana's scumminess despite the claim? Hmmm...
Didn't reverse any stance . . . that's what I've been saying all along. Way to misrepresent.
Wraith wrote:During Day 2 he has stated that my "blatant OMGUS" because I don't like CA's play is for terrible reasons and makes me scum. Let's again mention CA's initial wagon vote on dana for "other people stated my reasons" reasons.
No reasons = Terrible reasons. You didn't give any reasons then, and the reasons you've given now, for the most part, are not true. You have a few valid points, like what you mentioned with nhammen and my danakillsu vote, but the majority of this is trash.

And, in this chunk, you compare apples and oranges. You didn't even have any reasons to cite with your vote on me - whereas anyone reading the thread could see why I was suspicious of danakillsu. No point in repeating everything, as I already mentioned.

Time is scarce this morning, I'll get to the rest of the thread later.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:50 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Thank you Xite.

Thank you.

Imma try to do a reread soon and see what I find.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite, was that real?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Unvote

I'll be back tomorrow with more analysis, more suspicions, and a new vote on a non day killed player.

See you next time on "The Life and Posts of ConfidAnon."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:55 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite - RAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE

Wraith is still scum . . . all you did was make it so his bandwagon disappeared.

(This is not the post promised last night, there will be another one today.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Ugh, labor day and work are going to push any content from me back to tomorrow.

I apologize.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

A Reread Of Day 2 (with less Wraith, since I've been focusing on him)

In the case of @.@ vs. bunnylover, @.@ wins.
Shanba, 750 wrote:Vote: Mysterio

On both wagons, some weird reasoning, contributed little of value. Fits my expectations of what scum would be doing to a tee.
The flippancy of this bugs me a tad. It seems like a vote, while original, that tries to fade into the background. The reasoning behind it is solid . . . however, and I'm not sure if this pattern continues, but this is all I've read from Shanba (I think) on day 2. If the activity doesn't continue, this be kind of scummy.
Mysterio, 774 wrote:Wraith sounds like a good lynch for today. His play has been everything other than pro-town, so he's most likely to be scum than anyone else at this point.

@Shanba, do you mind actually making a case for your random vote? How was my reasoning strange? And how did I not contribute?

As for dana, his investigation choice makes perfect sense to me. Bunnylover's post was apparently based on a misunderstanding (he didn't know Parker claimed cop), so I'll give him a pass for now. Although I'm not sure how you managed to miss that.
As others have pointed out, this is definitely opportunistic.

[quote="hiphop, 787]I don't think wraith is the lynch today. i have someone in mind, but it is too late for me to gather all the info, so I will have this case tomorrow.[/quote]

Why?
hiphop, 789 wrote:True set-up speculation is unhelpful, but if a vig comes out and says he made that killed, I will personally vote for him.
Reading this again, it sounds like a mafioso attempting to coach a potential serial killer into not claiming vig.
hiphop, 812 wrote:Ok you convinced me based on that quote. It clearly shows that even though he believes Frank to be town, he is still willing to vote him. This of course made me even look at the below quote differently.

i originally thought that Mysterio was redirecting, because of the fact that he said that he said wraith's play was laughable. To me it looked more like he was calling his play poor rather than scummy. And does poor play make someone scum? Then it hit me that wraiths play day 1 was more like scum attempting to take the hit, and later coming back and saying "i was willing to die would scum do that? " Not only that but the fact where he was defending a townie and saying he would rather die than an unknown alignment is in itself scummy. First off he had to know Frank wasn't scum and secondly he was willing to die when he knew he was a townie in order to save someone else of unknown alignment. Wraith wouldn't it have been better to have a no-lynch than for a townie to die? i don't think he is a townie. So once again i am joining the most popular wagon.
vote wraith

i do however think that his self-vote was not indication that he is scum, and don't think that should be used against him. Just look at UA.

Mysterio- Do you find anyone else scummy?

Xite-The reason why it was too late to post a case is because it was already 11:30 at night with work at 7.
In lieu of above, where I quoted you being against the Wraith lynch, this is suspect. The line about the self-vote is noncontributory contribution . . . kind of smells like adding something very minor to an argument just to say you added something. The block of text doesn't really have much in it, evidence wise. It's a bit of wifom mixed with saying terrible play is scummy, rather than antitown.

--------

Never mind, shanba speaks. Sorry, your name just got lost to me in all the posts.

--------

Ugh . . . this is what I have for today (I don't want to devote all my time to only one of my games.)

Tomorrow I'll start up here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=825
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Bunnylover, 862 wrote:So I'm not truely understanding the case against Wraith. I believe we are voting for him for self voting and wanting to kill himself and that fact that he said Frank was townie yet in the end still voted for him saying nothing could be done to save him. So because he was certain that Frank was townie, which he was, we still need to lynch him? Wraith just doesn't come off scum to me, nor imo does his action speak out scum like I was expecting. It seems like people are trying to push Wraith wagon with a weak case.
Looking at the ISO that Wraith made, I don't like that Xite came to the defense of CA before CA could state something about it. The buddying is a little too obvious for me to call that this is scum buddying, but Wraith ISO on CA seems the most logical votes for today. He attacks a person for parroting, while he is parroting is the main thing that I can not overlook.
Vote: ConfidAnon
No, I am voting him because he voted Frank while saying Frank was Town (a complete inconsistancy), along with other points I have outlined in my case.

The parroting point, in regards to dana, is valid. However, I have to wonder why you are voting for me (when, if I recall correctly, that it the only point against me), whereas there are several points against Wraith?

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=925
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite91 wrote:@CA - what is that link supposed to do for us?
More for my own benefit.

I always forget where I save links when I'm catching up or doing a reread, so I just put where I need to resume at the end of my latest post. I can just iso myself, click the link, and all is well.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”