NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 am

Post by JDodge »

/firm, delicious sweet corn
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:39 am

Post by JDodge »

danakillsu wrote:
vote: UA

Something's really not right there. Either he and Shanba communicated outside this thread or UA is just doing what Shanba wants him to. Either way, it deserves explanation.
You're quite the dim-witted one, aren't you?

Either that, or you're one who doesn't back his thoughts up with fact.

Go look up a few of UA's previous games. I'll wait. Seriously!

In the meantime, let's take a moment to look over your little false dilemma a bit. First of all, it would seem rather a dim strategy to decide (as scum) to try and start a bandwagon
on themselves
first thing on D1. Second, there are numerous other possibilities - the one that is provably true here is that UA
always
self-votes first thing, and people quite laughably
always
join along. The start-of-game UA bandwagon is like tradition or something.
One o' those people, I forget who - oh wickedestjr apparently wrote: 1. Random voted hiphop, then unvoted before hiphop even aknowledged the vote and doesn't random vote again.
2. Encourages hiphop to selfvote.
3. Asks for reasons to bandwagon Wraith in the RVS. Why does there need to be a reason?
Can we not demarcate the game into "random vote stage" and "serious stage" and instead focus on actually playing from the start? I hate having to sift through a bunch of needless crap just because someone thought that there was a magic point at which things suddenly began to matter.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 am

Post by JDodge »

danakillsu wrote:Well it's funny to see the reactions I got from pretending I knew UA was scum. I have played with him before, I believe. At any rate, no one as experienced as me would really pretend that they knew someone was scum in the RVS. And the fact that it's tradition to start with a bandwagon on UA should make my actions even less remarkable. Anyway, I'm glad I make it worth it to you, UA.
unvote
Good to see some discussion starting.
yep

Vote: danakillsu

NO ONE AS EXPERIENCED AS ME WOULD DO THIS HA HA excuse sounds really, really BS
Benmage wrote:
danakillsu wrote: no one as experienced as me
Hey thats my line!

unvote vote danakillsu
agree with Poro.

Choo Choo

read the thread through before posting from now on, thanks
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 am

Post by JDodge »

Benmage wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Benmage wrote:
danakillsu wrote: no one as experienced as me
Hey thats my line!

unvote vote danakillsu
agree with Poro.

Choo Choo

read the thread through before posting from now on, thanks
Uhhh :? I did... your welcome ?
Really? So you read through the thread, random voted, came back 8 minutes later and decided that you wanted to change your vote saying "Hey that's my line!" to the main issue
against
said person you voted for, meanwhile only parrotingly saying "I agree with _____" and such riveting analysis as "Choo Choo"?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 am

Post by JDodge »

Benmage wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Really? So you read through the thread, random voted, came back 8 minutes later and decided that you wanted to change your vote saying "Hey that's my line!" to the main issue
against
said person you voted for, meanwhile only parrotingly saying "I agree with _____" and such riveting analysis as "Choo Choo"?
Yep, I read what... a page in a half of rvs, in 8 minutes. I concur with Poro and think what dana said is bull. Thats the main issue. How you can suggest that my "hey that's my line" jest was used as an issue or to be anything more than funny is baffling.
The funny can stop now. The big boys are playing.
Benmage wrote:If you're gonna hate on me. You should hate on yourself. All you said was he sounded like BS. I more or less did the same saying I agree with Poro...who called it bullshit.
Do you really not see the difference between saying "this post is bullshit" and "this argument contained within the post is bullshit"? Because that would make you pretty useless.
danakillsu wrote:Whatever. Wagon me. Don't care. You'll probably realize it's pointless eventually, because I know the people here in general are smart enough to see through your lies. It's obvious Poro just wants me lynched, because all he's done is say my post is BS without saying why or how that makes me scum. I'm not going to stoop to the level of "no, it's not". The truth of that post is for me to know, and for you to guess. Poro is guessing.
So basically you're saying that you're not planning on telling us the truth behind what you're posting, leaving us to guess, which makes you completely and utterly useless to the town. We've caught someone on page 4, team! Good job!
danakillsu wrote:@JDodge
It's nice to see your hypocrisy right off the bat. Your mindless bandwagoning is no better than Benmage's. You provided a little "reasoning" meant to make it look somewhat less mindless, but all it was was a statement with nothing to back it. You simply said that my postulation that no one as experienced as I am would do such a thing (which is obviously true) was "BS" without explaining why, which is EXACTLY what Poro said. So you both are doing the same thing, and pointing fingers at each other while doing it.
Awwwwwww how cuuuuuuute :3

You seem to be defending Benmage a bit, and given the actions of the two of you I would wager pretty easily that
both
of you are scum, something which will be more definite when your inevitable lynch goes through and we see that lovely red text on the lynch scene. But OK, I can explain exactly why it was BS if it's really at all necessary.

It's in essence an argument from authority mixed with some good ol' no true scotsman; you are using your experience to establish yourself as an authority figure in the game, and you are then saying that "nobody as experienced as me would
really
pretend that they knew someone was scum in the RVS", essentially again asserting your experience over anyone else who might be daring to say that someone is scum in your little demarcated zone called "RVS".

Any questions?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:46 am

Post by JDodge »

Benmage wrote:So you yield you misrepped me. Check.
No, I yield I was incorrect in my interpretation. Again, huge difference.
Benmage wrote:
JDodge wrote: Do you really not see the difference between saying "this post is bullshit" and "this argument contained within the post is bullshit"? Because that would make you pretty useless.
Are you usually this dim? When someone refers to a post being bullshit. What do you think they mean? *Hint hint* They mean the argument(s) is(are) bullshit. Goddamn thats an easy one.
Note the plural vs singular thing. That's
very important
Ben wrote:Really....you're lumping me in with dana, cause he parroted what I said. Yeah you're great at this. :roll:
I'm lumping you in with him because you're both from what I can tell the stupidest people present, not to mention the way he seems to be trying to lump me in with you.
Mysterio wrote:Way too sure of his reads this early in the game when half the players haven't even posted yet.
Why the hell should I hem and haw over everything, acting unsure, when I can get results on what I have now? Grow some balls and put some opinions out there, or go home, y'know?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:52 am

Post by JDodge »

Benmage wrote:
JDodge wrote: stupidest people present
You can drop the tough guy act. You just said you were incorrect in interpreting me. How am I the stupid one again?
I like how you're avoiding my actual arguments. It' s quite grand!
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by JDodge »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Pretty confident today, JDodge, aren't we? Dana is a moron who's covering his tracks, but I don't think he's scum yet. At least, I don't think a shitty No True Scotsman argument is enough to label him as such.
OK then, who do you think is scum? I see no reason to not push forward on our best leads at all times. You can't make progress sitting there waiting for something to happen.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, pot, kettle, etc
explanation
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 am

Post by JDodge »

Also, I see you posting everywhere but here Reck. Get your ass in here.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

Post by JDodge »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
JDodge wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Pretty confident today, JDodge, aren't we? Dana is a moron who's covering his tracks, but I don't think he's scum yet. At least, I don't think a shitty No True Scotsman argument is enough to label him as such.
OK then, who do you think is scum? I see no reason to not push forward on our best leads at all times. You can't make progress sitting there waiting for something to happen.
Oh, no, I agree, we should def lynch Dana before those who might also be scum have a chance to post. Good call.
K, let's sit on our thumbs and wait then. Isn't this
fuuuuun
JDodge wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, pot, kettle, etc
explanation
You of all people are not allowed to call anyone "authoritative" nor accuse them of asserting said authority onto others. Ever[/quote]

There's a difference between asserting yourself and saying "I'm experienced, listen to me". Do you agree or no?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:07 am

Post by JDodge »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Show me where Dana said "I'm experienced, listen to me"
The entirety of his argument
was
his experience, and specifically the implication that his experience made other people's opinions at the time worthless (nobody as experienced as me would really suspect etc etc etc).

I'm still aghast at the fact that nobody seems to care about his latest "It's obvious Prozac just wants me lynched :(" post in favor of his earlier weak arguments that lead to said post.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 am

Post by JDodge »

Xite wrote:But I can't shake the feeling that JDodge is distancing from dana, so
Do you have anything tangible, or just a feeling?
UA wrote:However, now that that hasn't panned out like you wanted it to
Really? I'd say it panned out just fine.
UA wrote:I saw that as him using the scotsman to cover his tracks, not asserting his experience over others.
One depends on the other,
hint hint
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 am

Post by JDodge »

Furcolow wrote:Reasoning: JDodge, imo, efficiently ended the RVS through explanation of UA's insane play. It was a nice post, not great, but nice.
Dana follows with a TERRIBLY scummy post, which is way too defensive for the point of the game we were at, and then digs his hole deeper by OMGUS on Shanba when Shanba voted him for that scummy post. Dana was thinking we were still in the RVS, when, in fact, we weren't.

unvote: wickedest
vote: danakillsu

I'm still catching up, but there is no way I'm changing my vote.
OK.

If you thought that dana thought we were still random voting, how does him voting Shanba mean anything whatsoever?

People who say "there's no way I'm changing my vote" scare the hell out of me. There is no reason at any point to not want to be flexible to whom we lynch on any given day.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by JDodge »

I'll post here once I find my big, big, bottle of ibuprofen.
stream

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”