Mini 1029: Boondox Mafia (GAME OVER!!!! )

Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Mysterio »

/confirm
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Mysterio »

I've completed one game so far, five other games are ongoing.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Mysterio »

Vote: el simo

Let's end that streak.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Mysterio »

Damn, pegged as scum just from my confirmation post. I must suck at this game. :roll:

Talk about fake scumhunting, Raivann clearly acts like someone who is trying too hard to look town. The wagon on simo was/is unexpected, no matter what any "veterans" might say. Putting someone at L-1 makes me very suspicious of the late voters, notably FakeGod and mongoose who jumped in after KageLord made that worthless post and proceeded to pile on more votes on simo. Raivann then jumps right behind don and Scott to vote KageLord, after posting someone ridiculous "scum reads" based on opening posts.

Unvote

Vote: Raivann

FoS: FakeGod and mongoose

You two need to explain why you thought it was a good idea to come in late and put an RVS bandwagon at L-1.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Mysterio »

FakeGod wrote:so you don't agree with RVS wagon going to L-1?
Absolutely not, unless your goal is to catch suspicious players coming in late and putting someone at L-1 within the first few pages...
Jase wrote:What exactly are you trying to say with this? I think I'm missing something here.
Somebody mentioned something earlier about how veterans don't think it's a big deal. I was pointing out how that is bullshit.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Mysterio »

Raivann wrote:@Kage- Not funny. I like your post though. I'm taking you and cloudocean of my scumlist and adding mongoose.

One of Mysterio & mongoose are scum, maybe both.

unvote, Vote:Mysterio
I don't think I've ever been accused of trying to hard to look townie.
Delicious OMGUS, on both me and mongoose. Couple this with your incredibly early "reads" and I think we have a winner.
FakeGod wrote:I often shift my RVS vote to the highest wagon I see.

It builds character pressure early on, and it's something to talk about.
This is also a good way to cause distractions. Something that scum thrive on. If you're town, it's bad play.
don_johnson wrote:Maybe if mysterio was posting more like the town I've known him to be, then I wouldn't think my math was so reliable.
I purposely change my meta for each game. So trying to meta me is a bad move. Also, you're far more likely to be town than scum, so my alignment in such a small number of games is meaningless. Furthermore, a lot of my games are ongoing and I haven't flipped either way, so that makes it an even worse move.

FoS: don_johnson

cloudocean insults simo and then acts surprised when simo takes it personally. Now he's pushing the fact that simo was wrong, which doesn't necessarily mean he is scum. His pressure looks suspiciously overeager. He should be right up there with don and Raivann as the most suspicious players in the game.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Mysterio »

My best guess as to what your responses were.
cloudocean wrote:No. Distractions are assuming that wagon is on town. Pressure improves reads.
First of all, no one assumed the wagon is on town. simo could very well be scum, but that's beside the point of putting someone at L-1 during RVS. Second of all, pressure and distracting are not the same thing. Calling every push "pressure" is highly naive. Scum also have this ability, and you need to keep that in mind while scumhunting. However, this is getting into a theory discussion that also serves as a huge distraction.
cloudocean wrote:First two sentences are going to need finished games where you were town as proof.
No, the only thing those claims require is a read through of my games. I play differently in all of them. However, because some are still ongoing, I won't be discussing them any further. Which was the point of my last sentence, since don seemed it was a good idea to draw conclusions from unfinished games.
cloudocean wrote:How can pressure look suspiciously overeager Last bit is lacking a FoS or a vote.
When that "pressure" is based on insulting the person and then acting surprised when they take offense (your defense that it was to get him off the fence is insane), then it's certainly scummy. Also, what the hell does "Last bit is lacking a FoS or a vote." mean? Do you not realize that I currently have a vote on Raivann and a FoS on don?

Those who aren't pushing on people until they've been voted for need to understand that sitting on the fence and then OMGUS'ing isn't going to get you anywhere.[/quote]
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Mysterio »

EBWOP: The last line of my post can be ignored.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Mysterio »

FakeGod wrote:I'd follow don, provided that he's ready to die if Mysterio flips town. :wink:
Then get your noose ready. In the meantime, I'm not liking the play by don so far. His case against me is beyond weak, but he seems to be going at it as if it were a sure fire scum lynch. That's way too much dissonance for me to give him a pass on.

Unvote

Vote: don_johnson
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:mysterio: how many times has anyone tried to lynch you on meta? can you link to any games where this has occurred? i would like us to explore how in roughly 30 days you came to the realization that you needed an "anti-meta" playstyle.
I learn pretty quickly. I also tend to lurk other games, so I've seen how meta-gaming can be used to pigeonhole people into being scum or town based on previous games. Kind of like what you're trying to do now. So, I've learned to keep my meta as confusing as possible, that way you'll have to determine my alignment by actually playing the game. Which is what I'm doing with you. Your posts here sound shrill, as if you're just assuming that everyone will go along with it and are frustrated that they're not. You can't even properly explain your "math" or the reasoning behind your accusation, other than thinking I might have stole some line from another game. Weak case all around, I see no reason not to vote you.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:all in all: you seem to be overreacting. its almost as if you're worried about my vote on you.
Hmmm... I accuse you of being shrill, you accuse me of overreacting. You really should have just posted "no u" and moved on. Would have saved me from reading all that fluff.
if you're vanilla or town power, a single vote with "weak" reasoning shouldn't worry you at all.
Nice rolefishing. Defending oneself from attacks is something everyone does, doesn't matter if I'm vanilla or not.

However, I think I've shown that Raivann is also suspicious, so it's not just you. It's just that your insistence on this very weak argument is making you look scummy, so you've diverted my attention away from Raivann. As of now, a vote on you makes the most sense.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:Mysterio: Ok. Here's the deal. Hopefully this will save us from polluting the thread with unnecessary discussion.

I'm a vigilante. You produce scum today and I might not shoot u tonight.

Deal?
Yet another bad move.

Here's what I foresee happening. Scum will let you live so that you can follow through on your threat to kill me, that gives them an extra townie night kill. The next day you either get lynched for it, or you don't and they just night kill you. Either way, your claim and threat here will only succeed in getting two townie's killed. If you get lynched, then you will be responsible for two townie deaths without scum having to waste a single night kill.

100% anti-town move here. More votes on don, please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Is it delicious?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Bunnylover wrote:I still want Mysterio to claim what he is before people lynch him.
For all we know he could be another PR role.
Nope, just a VT. As such, I don't mind dieing if it means catching scum. Right now don is pushing my lynch while claiming vig. I don't get how this will help town at all. If he's not night killed, his claim only serves to save himself from retaliation tomorrow when I flip town, since you guys seem reluctant to lynch a vig. Either way, you guys are getting played.

Unvote

No choice but to fall back on Raivann, who just randomly unvoted me to vote Skill. Keep in mind that at the top of the page he says my lynch is a go, but then switches to Skill even though Skill hadn't posted anything in between. He then says I'm probably still scum. This sounds like he's hedging his bets in order to not look scummy for jumping on my wagon.

Vote: Raivann
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Mysterio »

It's basically because don said so. At this point it seems that people are voting for me in the hopes that don's gambit works out, rather than voting for the player who has acted the scummiest in the game. Raivann again switches his vote to me without any new posts on the subject, nor any new posts by Skill. he doesn't even give any explanations. It seems he's just looking for a wagon to coast on at this point.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Meh, I hope my mislynch was worth it.

Also, the massive buddying between don and Scott should give town something interesting to discuss...
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Mysterio »

REDACTED: SOMEONE DIDN'T READ RULE SEVEN. THE NEXT PLAYER TO BAH POST WILL BE AUTOLOSSED
Last edited by danakillsu on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Mysterio »

Ugh, such fail town. The buddying between Scott and don early in the game was so obvious, that when it was revealed that mongoose was don's partner, Scott should have been immediately lynched. Even ignoring that, Scott's VT claim was the only outlier after the mass claim. That alone should have ensured his lynch. Honestly, this game was painful to read after my idiotic lynch. Although, it didn't help that KageLord's tracker claim was so pathetic. Man, I just want to forget about this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”