Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

molestargazer wrote:
Commander Vimes has acquired DRUNKENNESS and will receive a power today.
To me implies its a one day deal.

This thread needs more VV votes.

VOTE COUNT

Chronopie (2): Narsis, Thor665
VasudeVa (2): TheButtonmen, FakeGod
Narsis (1): jimfinn
FakeGod (1): Budja

Not Voting (4): Chronopie, Plum, VasudeVa, Tasky

With 10 alive, 6 votes are needed to lynch.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Implies does not necessarily mean that it's already true. It's only evidence that it might be true. Someone claiming that it IS true also adds evidence to it's truthyness. Mysterio did that but died before he had the chance to explain. Now, I'm waiting on our Vimes to explain it and probably confirm it's truthyliciousness.

Lol, no one's listening to ButtonMen. Allow me to taunt you while you shamelessly call for my wagon. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Also, here's a wiki-tell.

Vote: ButtonMen
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@VV - I see little advantage to Vimes claiming at this point. If he got a role that it behooves town to have him claim, then let him claim if and as he decides to do it. If you agree info is good but that massclaims are bad clearly you understand that sometimes info isn't good.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by FakeGod »

TheButtonmen wrote:
molestargazer wrote:
Commander Vimes has acquired DRUNKENNESS and will receive a power today.
To me implies its a one day deal.
well, allow me to have more faith in permanence of our prs. :P
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VasudeVa wrote: Lol, no one's listening to ButtonMen. Allow me to taunt you while you shamelessly call for my wagon. Ha. Ha. Ha.
My vote doesn't even count in VasudeVa's eyes.

Calling all touhou fans!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by Budja »

jim wrote:I think there are many scummy players; too many for them all to be scum. Narsis is certainly one of the scummier players, but I won't say with confidence that he is.
Who? Share your reads.

Re. Fakegod, His push on VV felt wrong, too strong for his playstyle.
He was already my #2, guilty of the same things as Narsis (case strengthened with Mysterio's flip) and Narsis lost a few scum points.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In the interests of appeasing a certain mod and their mighty prod pole;

@jimfin - I'll second Budja's request - explain reads please.
@FakeGod - please explain the VV case to me as you see it.
@VV - do you still support Vimes claim? If so, please address my last post.
@Button - who is your second top suspect (and why)

@Those not voting - whassup wit dat?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Yes. I agree with what you said. I think that it's some sort of day ability that he loses at the end of the day anyway, so it's fine.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Plum »

Narsis wrote:
jimfinn wrote:VOTE: Narsis as the other two players with votes on them at the end of Day 1 are now dead.
so you think i killed them then?
WTH overdefensiveness.
VasudeVa wrote:Whoever this Vimes person is probably should claim his power. It looks like this is the games mechanic. All VTs then random townies get power roles.

Does the Charisntmha thingy D1 have anything to do with double voting? Any theories on what drunkenness does?
Please quit rolefishing. Vimes is more likely, flavorwise, to have his own regular power unconnected with DRUNKENNESS. That might not be the case, but I think that unless the power NEEDS to be claimed it ought to stay hidden.

TBM. Can we take a moment to consider FakeGod as possible scum who avoided tasty wagon on Town-KHG? I understand the case on VV and to a degree I agree with it, but.

I can't tell either way with VV anymore; Narsis may be looking a bit better; Budja's been sorta quiet but I agree with the FakeGod vote somewhat sooooo.

VV, calling wiki-tell ought to be a wiki-tell. Rolefishing is something which can be done by scum intentionally for scums' outright benefit. Your attempt to discredit TBM's legitimate concerns that way is bad.

That said. VV, you want an organized Town? Have you seen Town-alliances (which reportedly are beneficial even if scum slip into them)? Would you join one and why? The problem is if you're Town - which I'm slightly leaning towards over null right now - there's a lot of town infighting distracting from the real scumbags, and your play right now isn't doing anything to help the situation.
Chronopie wrote:Just saying Rolefishing is a Scum tell, doesn't help. As afaict it isn't much of one.

I know that I'm probably the antithesis of a good townie. And I know that I tend to Rolefish (sometimes inadvertently), ALOT. Alignment independent. Null tell.
Chainsaw defense much (well, for that to technically be the case VV would have to be scum with Chrono, but either way weird defense is weird)? VV, why do you think Chrono is Town?
FakeGod wrote:
Narsis wrote:
Chronopie wrote:Just saying Rolefishing is a Scum tell, doesn't help. As afaict it isn't much of one.

I know that I'm probably the antithesis of a good townie. And I know that I tend to Rolefish (sometimes inadvertently), ALOT. Alignment independent. Null tell.
if you are the antithesis of a good townie then what is the point of keeping you around? wouldn't it be better to kill you now then have you causing trouble later?
Couldn't have said it better.

If you're scummy enough to distract other players from their scumhunting, wouldn't the best thing you could do for the town be removing yourself early on via lynch?

preview: ninja'd by narsis.
FakeGod, who would you most liked to be voting at the time of this post?

Chrno real-voted ONCE this entire game. He's made NINE posts, including RVS and confirmation.

VOTE: Chronopie - It's a good wagon, but once we hear a little more I may see cause to do you one at least as good -

THERE IS A PLAYER WHOSE VOTE ON THE KHG WAGON WAS ABOUT AS SUSPECT AS CHRONO'S. COOKIES TO WHOEVER GETS IT RIGHT AND EXPLAINS WHY.

V/LA until Friday. Will be away in Washington, don't expect to have any access.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am

Post by molestargazer »

Plum, your V/LA is noted.

Everyone else, please note Tasky is also currently V/LA until Sunday.

I may have accidentally sent him the prod as well. Never mind.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 am

Post by FakeGod »

Sorry guys, but I'm bit dizzy for some reason.

I'm gonna
V/LA
for today so that my head can clear up.

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Vote: FakeGod

I am dissappoint that no one is listening to me on ButtonMen. I also like the fact that he has been posting elsewhere whilst ignoring my attack on him. Yum yum Scum. Still, FG is scum with him so w/e.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Budja »

Chrono is a useless lurker.
Fakegod is scummier from his actions towards Mysterio (hop only after wagon developed steam) and VV (strangely passionate attack is at odds with earlier behaviour. I get the feeling he was seeking a target to vote.). Plum's point about his attitude to the KHG wagon is ok too.
So Fakegod > Chronopie.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:20 am

Post by FakeGod »

Close Examination of VasudeVa's d2 actions

Note: For ease of read, my thoughts are in
italics

ISO 31: VV asks that Vimes claim with his power. At the same time, he states what he suspect is the game mechanic: All VTs then random townies get power roles. He also asks people to speculate on what Drunkeness might do.

One of the greatest mistake VV made in this post is giving away information that mafia possibly didn't have. He informed (or at the very least confirmed) the mafia that town is full of townies with no powers, which is a huge benefit to mafia because 1) they are now aware that they won't have to hunt for prs, 2) practically knows what role VV is even if his guess on the mechanics were false and there are permanent prs, and 3) destroyed (at least considerably reduced) the credibility of any permanent prs (if they exist) that might claim later in the game. Additionally, Vimes is a character who is almost instantly cleared just by his name. (doubts still exist, but it's would be similar to a Frodo-claim in Lord of the Rings). Therefore, Vimes is a player who is valuable even without his powers, and should be protected by keeping him hidden. Asking for speculation on his power only helps mafia, since it gives them a clue to what the power might be, as well as enabling them to narrow down who Vimes might be. I felt that this post was damaging to the town, and I

ISO 32, 33, 34: VV explains his previous post by saying that information will help town get organized, and will help catch lying scum.

Extremely vague response and explanations. VV doesn't explain how the additional information will help town get organized, or how it will catch scum. He posts:
VasudeVa wrote:Scum already have all the information they need, as an informed minority, to win the game. Town doesn't. ANY information Town gets helps Town better in the long run.
Scum clearly do not have all the info they need. They do not know who Vimes is or what his power does. Knowing those things will help them win the game. I fail to see how town will benefit from Vimes claiming (and getting killed off early) in the long run. Clearly VV need to explain his reasoning better.

ISO 35, 36: VV writes off Button's accusations as wiki-tells, which he claims are outdated and extremely lazy. He also says that "Knowing who's what organizes Town. An organized Town is a Town to fear."

Other than the obviously lazy defense VV employs, he doesn't even tries to reason anything out. He basically claimed that because "Button is attacking me that happens to be in the wiki, I am entitled to ignore his case.", which doesn't do much defending him, while exposes his own laziness. Also, he still doesn't explain how knowing who Vimes is will help the town.

ISO 38, 39: VV supports his previous claim that "knowing who's what organized.......to fear" by saying that scum are already organized. He also is waiting for Vimes to claim. Then mocks Button by voting him via "wiki-tell".

What VV exactly means by "organized", I'm not sure any more. He never explained how exactly this would help town. Is being "organized" some state of invincibility? He further exposes his own laziness to scumhunt by giving the excuse of "waiting for Vimes to claim", and when Button, who obviously has seen enough of VV, asks the town to vote VV, VV posts this in response.
VasudeVa wrote:Lol, no one's listening to ButtonMen. Allow me to taunt you while you shamelessly call for my wagon. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Also, here's a wiki-tell.

Vote: ButtonMen
What's here is VV taunting and laughing at Button. What's missing is any sort of meaningful defense against Button's case. Furthermore, VV blatantly ignores my vote on him and existence. And no, he doesn't show much respect for other players in this game.

ISO 41:
VasudeVa wrote:
Vote: FakeGod

I am dissappoint that no one is listening to me on ButtonMen. I also like the fact that he has been posting elsewhere whilst ignoring my attack on him. Yum yum Scum. Still, FG is scum with him so w/e.
VV ignores mod's request to unvote before voting another player to avoid confusion (see rule 5 and 5-1), vote FG as soon as he posts that he will be V/LA for the day, for no reason other than because FG followed Button's vote and voted VV, and the fact that Button has no vote and will be hard to get other people to lynch him.

This is my thoughts on VV on d2.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:42 am

Post by FakeGod »

Thor665 wrote: @FakeGod - please explain the VV case to me as you see it.
Done.
Budja wrote: Re. Fakegod, His push on VV felt wrong, too strong for his playstyle.
He was already my #2, guilty of the same things as Narsis (case strengthened with Mysterio's flip) and Narsis lost a few scum points.
um......I guess I'm sorry to come out too strong? :?:

*flexes arms*
Plum wrote: FakeGod, who would you most liked to be voting at the time of this post?
My vote's where I most liked to be voting at the time of your post.

Hopefully, there isn't anything else I missed.

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:39 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey FG, if you're not scum help me wagon ButtonMen.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:Hey FG, if you're not scum help me wagon ButtonMen.
so instead of defending yourself you are trying to convince people to jump on the wagon you started(and not doing a very good job at it).
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I already said their attacks are lame and lazy. I see no point in reposting my defense.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by FakeGod »

VasudeVa wrote:Hey FG, if you're not scum help me wagon ButtonMen.
VasudeVa wrote:I already said their attacks are lame and lazy. I see no point in reposting my defense.
I wonder VV even reads my posts... :roll:

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Not unless you bus your buddy. ;)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Budja »

@VV, Give up on the Button wagon. His reasons for attacking you were not scummy.

People really need to look at the difference between anti-town and scummy. Your post Fakegod, showed how VV has harmed the town but not why he is scum-aligned.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Then why is FG's?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Budja »

Button has been consistantly against you since day 1, FG joined quite enthusiastically after your Vimes-claim idea after been fairly apathetic day 1 (where your behaviour was quite simular).
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

V/LA until Friday night or Sat morning.

You mean, just today / tomorrow? -M
Last edited by molestargazer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

V/LA's are killing this game. I know I'm not the most active fish in the school, but still. D=<.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”