Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mysterio »

/confirm

*eyes gandalf*

@Shotty, can we please expect a decent game from you this time? Pretty please?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Snow White is a jester. I refuse to help her fulfill her win condition.

^Self-voter is also a jester.

Vote: Shotty
because I'm bitter.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Mafia acting like a jester is just too obvious. Either way, I'm not voting for you. You can wait.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Percy wrote:\Still curious about shotty's meta...
Click his wiki. He has a lot of games there. You'll see he gets lynched Day 1 a lot.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Mysterio »

Seriously. Nopoint is an obvious jester. I think we need to approach this game from a different perspective. Rather than look for scummy players, who may or may not be jesters, let's look for townie players who may be scum trying to slip by.

Unvote

Vote: XScorpion

Getting the most townie vibes from him.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Mysterio »

The strategy for jesters to act scummy and for scum to act like jesters are way obvious. Everyone expects that type of play in a game like this. Thus, we should be looking for strategies that aren't all that obvious. A scum player would actually do well to just play normal, as in try to act as townie as possible.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Mysterio »

@Chrono, yes we know that. That's my point. This isn't a normal game. Scum have a much higher incentive to act like jesters than they do to act like town. Hence why it's the most obvious strategy to use. Going with the opposite might be a way to catch scum slipping.

@XScorpion, how the hell is that WIFOM? Easily the most misused acronym on this site. My argument is based on the fact that this is a jester game, thus normal strategies need to be questioned.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Assuming that they will act like a jester is what leads to WIFOM. That will essentially paralyze us from lynching those players. My proposal is to side step such unhelpful WIFOM by going after scum who may be trying to coast through the game while jesters take all the spotlight. That is just a different strategy on my part, not WIFOM.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Mysterio »

PieMan wrote:Mysterio so let me get this straight, you think its advantageous to kill the people who are not acting like jesters, and who are not being scummy? Thats what your saying right?
Yep.

And why are you voting for me? Disagreeing with my strategy (if indeed you do disagree) doesn't make me scummy.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Mysterio »

XScorpion wrote:
Yes, but you don't want everyone to know you're a jester. Jesters don't try to look like jesters >.>
That depends completely on what kind of people we're trying to lynch. If we want to lynch people who look scummy, they want to look scummy. If we want to lynch people who lurk, they'll want to lurk. So on so forth. I'm actually wondering if no lynch might be a good idea right now...
vote: No lynch

Hopefully we have vigs or some sort of power role to help us kill scum/jesters.
More votes on XScorpion, please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Oh come on, are you guys even thinking this through? First of all, the mod post pretty much tells us that lynching a jester may not end the game, so we should not be this afraid of lynching people. Secondly, what exactly is a night phase going to do. I highly doubt a cop is going to out himself Day 2, and scum are just going to random night kill. If we have a vig,
that
guy is going to random night kill as well. At the very least, we should continue discussion in order to have more posts for scum and possible vig to analyze, if indeed you expect scum to do our work for us. :roll:

Personally, I think this is just a convenient excuse to help scum achieve their win condition. XScorpion is scum.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Mysterio »

XScorpion wrote:So what we're actually doing here is 1) slowing down scum progress and 2) ensuring that jesters can't win, period.
You know what's striking about this? Neither of these points has anything to do with a town win condition! Not lynching scum means we lose just like lynching the jesters, the difference being that in the process of lynching jesters, we actually have a chance of lynching scum and winning. Not lynching anyone at all does absolutely nothing to help town win. Scum can pick us off during night kills, and jesters will sit back and lol until endgame, while town twiddles our thumbs hoping for scum to kill the jesters.

Under no circumstances am I voting for no lynch, and I would advise everyone else to start voting XScorpion.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Mysterio »

This game is giving me a headache. I'd really rather not lynch Nopoint. He screams jester to me.

XScorpion has made some insane arguments that he's finally given up on, but it reads to me as scum trying to avoid town lynches by arguing that it will somehow make us win. That's just pure scum BS.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Mysterio »

Katsuki wrote:Well, if we have a vig, don't you find it interesting that there were no NKs?
Why would this be interesting? What are you implying?
Question: Do you think any jesters would have voted nopoint, and why?
Not directed at me, but I'll answer anyway. This question is 100% blind speculation and will only lead to WIFOM. We don't know what exactly the jester win condition is nor do we know if they're a team or individuals.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Mysterio »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:claim cop: guilty on percy
Okay.

Vote: Percy
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Mysterio »

There is a jester motivation. If Percy flips town, we're likely to lynch you.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Mysterio »

You might want to vote for him, then...
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Mysterio »

Percy wrote:I'm not scum. I refuse to claim, because I don't think my claim will improve my chances to stay alive, or give info to the town. I'd need at least one more night to do that. In my estimation, claiming now doesn't help either myself or the town, so I'm not going to do it.
The rest of your post is fine, but this makes no sense. If you think we're going to lynch you anyway, then not claiming because it doesn't give town info is stupid. Invariably, scum use these kinds of stall tactics with claiming in order to stay alive. Claim now.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Mysterio »

Shotty is just... wow. He never fails to set the bar lower with every game. I'm going to start avoiding games that Shotty has signed up for.

Anyway, I think it's clear that XScorpion is also scum. Percy tried to push a counterwagon on Scorpion to avoid the lynch, most likely bussing Scorpion in an attempt to clear himself. The fact that Scorpion immediately dropped the "hammer" before Percy could respond to my post tells me all I need to know. So, we lynch Percy today since Shotty was indeed a cop, and then we lynch Scorpion tomorrow as obvscum due to Percy's last ditch bus attempt.

Vote: Percy
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Mysterio »

^Nice try, scum. :roll:

Vote: XScorpion

Pure WIFOM nonsense. Add to that your incredibly dumb no lynch argument and your ridiculous hammer on Percy that got canceled with the modkill. You are obvscum.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Mysterio »

If you're scum? Then yes, it actually would kill me.

Screl does not look scummy at all. It is perfectly reasonable to be cautious about jesters getting guilty results. He asked about it, but we quick lynched before any discussion could take place. If we're talking about being overly cautious to lynch people as a scum tell, then look no further than the person who actually argued that we should just vote no lynch and let scum kill all the jesters! How is he still alive after making the scummiest argument I have ever read in a mafia game?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Mysterio »

I see a lot of sheeping between Katsuki and Scorpion.

PieMan, Stef and Chrono need to make themselves useful.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Mysterio »

I already explained it. Percy was in the midst of bussing Scorpion to save his ass. I responded and asked him to claim, but Percy immediately hammered and didn't even give Percy a chance to respond. Keep in mind that at that point Shotty's role was not confirmed. Percy could have been a jester, Shotty could have been fakeclaiming, or Shotty could have been an insane cop. Scorpion clearly hammered so that Percy wouldn't have a chance to form a counterwagon on him. Totally transparent scum nonsense.

Add to that his terrible no lynch argument and this is obvscum trying to coast to endgame.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Here's an idea: how about you two place a fucking vote? Nothing is going to happen if only 3 people participate. This game will just sit here. Participate and generate content. Stop sitting back and waiting for everyone else to do it.

At this point Scorpion is my top read, but I would be more than happy to lynch one of these lurkers. Take your pick amongst Chrono, PieMan, and Stef.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Mysterio »

So, I ask these lurkers to participate. One comes back and votes me for no reason and the other votes Katsuki in a blatantly OMGUS way. I think we can safely peg these guys as jesters.

Given the fact that we have jesters, I wonder if the scum team is smaller than usual considering there are less town. If not, then I think the remaining scum are Scorpion and one of Katsuki/PieMan. I don't think screl is scum at all.

@Jesters, might as well vote scum and stop stalling the game. We're not going to lynch you.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Chronopie wrote:I'd ask what's happened since I went semi-V/LA, but it appears that a single replacement took place and... that's all. -.-

Seriously?

Hai CSL.

--

Stef, if you want moar Katsuki votes, explain why Katsuki = scum kthx.
How about you explain why Mysterio = scum, otherwise take your worthless vote off me and participate in the game. kthx

:roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”