Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:
A)
No it's more along the lines of mass claim.

B) That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
Budja wrote:@Button, I thought you thought VV was bussing?
I'm still highly suspcious of him however I'm not infalliable thus try to keep an open mind and in this case town may be able to narrow things down a fair bit today.
VOTE COUNT

Jimfinn (1): Budja
TheButtonmen (1): VasudeVa

Not Voting (7): Chronopie, Narsis, Plum, TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod, Thor665

With 9 alive, 5 is needed to lynch.
Deadline is Friday 17th.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

The obv kill would be Chrono, not me btw. I'm thinking he can either JK himself(I've heard such jailkeepers exist.) or someone protected him or scum thought that I'm awesomer than he is and killed me when Chrono protected me so it's cool.

Town:
Me
Plum
Thor
Budja
Narsis
Chronopie

Neutral:
jimfinn

Scum:
Buttonmen
FakeGod

We lynch one of those in the not-Town list, preferably Buttonmen.

--

Prev-edit.
Awesome catch Narsis! Please vote Buttonmen at your leisure.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Budja »

Not really, you are very likely town. Chrono is uncertain.

My reads are very similar the same as yours. I'd prefer jimfinn ATM because he is the most useless/sheepy and I keep WIFOMing over Fakegod.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Budja wrote:Not really, you are very likely town. Chrono is uncertain.

My reads are very similar the same as yours. I'd prefer jimfinn ATM because he is the most useless/sheepy and I keep WIFOMing over Fakegod.
I don't see scum claiming jailkeeper like that for little to no reason. Unless scum have daytalk and banked a gambit like that.

Actually:
@Mod: Do scum have daytalk?

jimfinn reads newb-town to me but he wasn't around during my gambit for me to confirm my read so I just put him at neutral. (You're an exception because you're obv from D1.)

I largely prefer lynching FG and Buttonmen before we even start looking at Chrono and jimfinn.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Narsis »

my list is pretty similar to VV's.

however there is perhaps a small issue with it. in a game this size, i could see 4 scum. anything less and the town feels overpowered, with the potential JK and day abilities. with one scum dead, there's only 2 on your/our list. so the question remains where's the last one?

course this is all just set up speculation and tbh it's not something i'm very worried about...at least until after we see the FakeGod and/or TBM flips.

oh and i forgot this on my last post...VOTE: TheButtonmen
Record:

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Budja »

4 scum is a mini is extremely unlikely. We just got lucky with the investigation/no-kill.

@TBM, top suspects?
@VV, I went through that line of thought too re. daytalk/gambit. There are enough factors to stop me voting Chrono, but not enough to label him obv-town.
jimfinn reads newb and has no original thought. I haven't got much of a scumread on Button, elimination pegs him as possible scum, but his actions are null to me.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Good to see that no one has died overnight.

I'm still on VV's scum list. :(
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

Post by molestargazer »

VasudeVa wrote:Actually:
@Mod: Do scum have daytalk?
Nope.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Chronopie is Town then.

More Buttonmen votes plx. In fact, speed lynch him now because I'm not even the slightest bit interested in what he has to say for himself. Same goes for FakeGod.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am

Post by FakeGod »

VasudeVa wrote: More Buttonmen votes plx. In fact, speed lynch him now because I'm not even the slightest bit interested in what he has to say for himself. Same goes for FakeGod.
lol.

I'm Dorfl. :wink:
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Someone please CC him.

Pleaaseee~! T_T.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
VasudeVa wrote: More Buttonmen votes plx. In fact, speed lynch him now because I'm not even the slightest bit interested in what he has to say for himself. Same goes for FakeGod.
lol.

I'm Dorfl. :wink:
that's...a bit unexpected.
Record:

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Plum »

VV - why do you label Narsis likely Town?

Important because I think you're not considering some big STUFF.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I liked his reaction to my claim. He seems newb-ish, and newb scum won't pass up a role fishing attack because its so easy. FG fits my newb-scum template which was why I thought(and still think) he's obvscum. (Someone please CC him. T_T.)

I'm most confident in my reads of you and Thor though, out of all my reads.

If FG goes un-counterclaimed, we might need to take a close look at Budja.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I liked his reaction to the beginning of my gambit(me asking Vimes to claim), and his reaction to my claim and his request to daycop Tasky, to be more precise.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

What do you mean by 'some big STUFF'?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Dorfl could be a safeclaim if not counterclaimed, don't let the claim get him off the hook.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Plum »

VasudeVa wrote:I liked his reaction to the beginning of my gambit(me asking Vimes to claim), and his reaction to my claim and his request to daycop Tasky, to be more precise.
Hmmm. They're decent though not unambiguous points, especially given that Narsis' reasons for requesting the daycop on Tasky were basically the same ones I'd given when I said I wanted a Tasky daycop, and he'd expressed relatively little read on Tasky either way throughout the whole game. My STUFF is that Tasky did one thing weird Day 1 which was un . . . oh, never mind, it probably
was
to blatant buddying, for Tasky to have attacked the Narsis wagon so hard? I suppose. Hm, never mind (somehow in my mind it got transposed, so I remembered it as a more of a chainsaw defense. It wasn't, it really was an attack on all the Narsis attackers . . .)
VasudeVa wrote:Chronopie is Town then.
I'll hazard a probably there . . . I've seen scum pull some weird gambits on the fly with no daytalk whatsoever (gambits where people were like 'Do scum have daytalk, because if not Player X can't possibly be scum' when she was).

I'm still not really sure about TBM thar.
jimfinn wrote:Dorfl could be a safeclaim if not counterclaimed, don't let the claim get him off the hook.
Dorfl is publicly confirmed to be in the game. Dorfl is pro-City Watch in the books, as far as I can recall/determine via Wikipedia (I
did
read
Feet of Clay
, just a long time ago). Chrysoprase, scum-Tasky's character, was not (again as far as I can tell). While this isn't entirely conclusive evidence, Dorfl is almost certainly a role in the game and not a safeclaim, and Dorfl is very likely to be a Town role. I am disheartened to see you trying to cast doubt on this and find myself slightly suspicious of you.

For the benefit of VV:

Not On My 'Feel Town' List:
TheButtonmen
Budja
jimfinn
Chronopie??????
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Plum wrote: Dorfl is publicly confirmed to be in the game. Dorfl is pro-City Watch in the books, as far as I can recall/determine via Wikipedia (I
did
read
Feet of Clay
, just a long time ago). Chrysoprase, scum-Tasky's character, was not
This is the bit that I'm going in circles about.

From all the evidence we have it seems that good guys are good guys, bad guys are bad guys and that imprints only go to good guys (hence my suggestion at the start of the day). The issue I have with this is that I can't think of a set that's balanced where the mod confirms someone every day + gives them a PR + town has existing PR's (part of my issues with VV stem from this).
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Plum »

Well, that would be part of my my issue with
Chronopie
, given his claim. BUT (must wait until Chronopie comes in and says something to determine certain things).
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Narsis »

something you are missing about Tasky...he had a fake claim. or rather i'm assuming he did based on the flavour.
molestargazer wrote: In time, the hiccupping and conversation of the drunken watchmen stopped. They all turned to look at one person - a dwarf, in fact.
Sergeant Littlebottom
was stood in the middle of the tavern with a half-empty pint glass, and looked a sorry state with no eyebrows and a beard that was slowly being torn off with nerves.
"Guys-" One of the more drunk trolls turned with his reinforced mug and gave the Sergeant a dreadful stare.
"People-" That didn't help either.
"Watchmen! Right?! That's what we all are!" She broke down in tears now, almost collapsing as she swayed in the middle of the floor.

"It was you, wasn't it?!" Shouted one of the watchmen. Slowly, torturously, the gathered watch heaved themselves off their chairs (some needed help), and gathered in a circle around the Sergeant. One of them raised an empty bottle, and smashed it over the Sergeant's head.

There was a puff of pink smoke which swarmed over the Watchmen, and they recoiled. When they blinked and got their vision back, they weren't looking at Sergeant Littlebottom. Instead, there was a very angry troll.

"It's Chrysoprase!" One of the more sober watchmen shouted. And suddenly, it roared, rearing its rock-like fists. Quickly, the nearest weapons to hand were grabbed and thrust into the centre of the ring of Ankh-Morporkians. Slowly, the troll collapsed.

"How the hell did he manage that?! We thought it was Cheery!"
One watchmen asked, staggered. But still, one conspirator had been found.
so it looks to me like scum do have fakeclaims. granted i dont know who Sgt. Littlebottom is and how pro-Watch he is, but it does look like he had a fake claim form the flavour.
Record:

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Also Chrono's weird arse timing on the claim, the no kill over the night and VV magically proclaiming chrono town has furthered my suspcions of the Chrono, VV and Trasky scum team.

But again it all hings on the imprint system so bleh, until more information I'm going to be working with two set's of scum.
Budja wrote: @TBM, top suspects?
Set 1: VV and Chrono.

Set 2: Narsis and ??? (Need to do a read through with set two in mind).
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:Also Chrono's weird arse timing on the claim, the no kill over the night and VV magically proclaiming chrono town has furthered my suspcions of the Chrono, VV and Trasky scum team.

But again it all hings on the imprint system so bleh, until more information I'm going to be working with two set's of scum.
Budja wrote: @TBM, top suspects?
Set 1: VV and Chrono.

Set 2: Narsis and ??? (Need to do a read through with set two in mind).
where'd Tasky go?
Record:

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

...He's dead?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Plum »

Narsis wrote:something you are missing about Tasky...he had a fake claim. or rather i'm assuming he did based on the flavour.
molestargazer wrote: In time, the hiccupping and conversation of the drunken watchmen stopped. They all turned to look at one person - a dwarf, in fact.
Sergeant Littlebottom
was stood in the middle of the tavern with a half-empty pint glass, and looked a sorry state with no eyebrows and a beard that was slowly being torn off with nerves.
"Guys-" One of the more drunk trolls turned with his reinforced mug and gave the Sergeant a dreadful stare.
"People-" That didn't help either.
"Watchmen! Right?! That's what we all are!" She broke down in tears now, almost collapsing as she swayed in the middle of the floor.

"It was you, wasn't it?!" Shouted one of the watchmen. Slowly, torturously, the gathered watch heaved themselves off their chairs (some needed help), and gathered in a circle around the Sergeant. One of them raised an empty bottle, and smashed it over the Sergeant's head.

There was a puff of pink smoke which swarmed over the Watchmen, and they recoiled. When they blinked and got their vision back, they weren't looking at Sergeant Littlebottom. Instead, there was a very angry troll.

"It's Chrysoprase!" One of the more sober watchmen shouted. And suddenly, it roared, rearing its rock-like fists. Quickly, the nearest weapons to hand were grabbed and thrust into the centre of the ring of Ankh-Morporkians. Slowly, the troll collapsed.

"How the hell did he manage that?! We thought it was Cheery!"
One watchmen asked, staggered. But still, one conspirator had been found.
so it looks to me like scum do have fakeclaims. granted i dont know who Sgt. Littlebottom is and how pro-Watch he is, but it does look like he had a fake claim form the flavour.
Sgt. Littlebottom is certainly pro-Watch (and is a she to boot). The question is: Scum may have safeclaims, but will a safeclaim be announced as-is to get a power on a given Day or not? The wording of the flavor is suggestive that it's possible that scum may in fact get single-Day powers . . .

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”