Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Narsis »

Plum wrote:
Narsis wrote:something you are missing about Tasky...he had a fake claim. or rather i'm assuming he did based on the flavour.
molestargazer wrote: In time, the hiccupping and conversation of the drunken watchmen stopped. They all turned to look at one person - a dwarf, in fact.
Sergeant Littlebottom
was stood in the middle of the tavern with a half-empty pint glass, and looked a sorry state with no eyebrows and a beard that was slowly being torn off with nerves.
"Guys-" One of the more drunk trolls turned with his reinforced mug and gave the Sergeant a dreadful stare.
"People-" That didn't help either.
"Watchmen! Right?! That's what we all are!" She broke down in tears now, almost collapsing as she swayed in the middle of the floor.

"It was you, wasn't it?!" Shouted one of the watchmen. Slowly, torturously, the gathered watch heaved themselves off their chairs (some needed help), and gathered in a circle around the Sergeant. One of them raised an empty bottle, and smashed it over the Sergeant's head.

There was a puff of pink smoke which swarmed over the Watchmen, and they recoiled. When they blinked and got their vision back, they weren't looking at Sergeant Littlebottom. Instead, there was a very angry troll.

"It's Chrysoprase!" One of the more sober watchmen shouted. And suddenly, it roared, rearing its rock-like fists. Quickly, the nearest weapons to hand were grabbed and thrust into the centre of the ring of Ankh-Morporkians. Slowly, the troll collapsed.

"How the hell did he manage that?! We thought it was Cheery!"
One watchmen asked, staggered. But still, one conspirator had been found.
so it looks to me like scum do have fakeclaims. granted i dont know who Sgt. Littlebottom is and how pro-Watch he is, but it does look like he had a fake claim form the flavour.
Sgt. Littlebottom is certainly pro-Watch (and is a she to boot). The question is: Scum may have safeclaims, but will a safeclaim be announced as-is to get a power on a given Day or not? The wording of the flavor is suggestive that it's possible that scum may in fact get single-Day powers . . .
agreed. although i do trust VV's claim based on the fact that giving a daycop ability to scum seems kinda pointless. and fakeclaiming it while having another power also doesnt seem likely at all.

however i wouldnt necessarily trust Mysterio's DV claim(actually i didnt) nor necessarily TBM's(and i think i may know what power it is) as they are such that they could benefit scum.

i guess giving scum a daycop ability does benefit them in that a townie doesnt get it...but then why bother claiming and bussing his partner? seems a tad bit of a risky move.

@TBM: yes but he was scum. meaning he must be in a scum group somewhere.

VOTE COUNT

TheButtonmen (2): VasudeVa, Narsis
Jimfinn (1): Budja

Not Voting (6): Chronopie, Plum, TheButtonmen, jimfinn, FakeGod, Thor665

With 9 alive, 5 is needed to lynch.
Deadline is Friday 17th.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Plum »

He might've gotten rolecop and claimed daycop; but . . .
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Narsis wrote:
agreed. although i do trust VV's claim based on the fact that giving a daycop ability to scum seems kinda pointless. and fakeclaiming it while having another power also doesnt seem likely at all.

however i wouldnt necessarily trust Mysterio's DV claim(actually i didnt) nor necessarily TBM's(and i think i may know what power it is) as they are such that they could benefit scum.

i guess giving scum a daycop ability does benefit them in that a townie doesnt get it...but then why bother claiming and bussing his partner? seems a tad bit of a risky move.

A) There is plenty of reason to fake Daycop as scum (it's actually the easiest role to fake).

B) I never claimed to get a PR?

@Your@Me:
Huh?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Wait I think I get what your asking me and in response I have to ask if you actually read the thread D2.

I was explicitly clear who I thought the scum team was (Trasky, Chrono and VV).
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:Also Chrono's weird arse timing on the claim, the no kill over the night and VV magically proclaiming chrono town has furthered my suspcions of the Chrono, VV and Trasky scum team.

But again it all hings on the imprint system so bleh, until more information I'm going to be working with two set's of scum.
Budja wrote: @TBM, top suspects?
Set 1: VV and Chrono.

Set 2: Narsis and ??? (Need to do a read through with set two in mind).
then where'd he go for this two scum team set up?

or do you mean he is scum but it could be either team?
Record:

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Narsis wrote:

A) There is plenty of reason to fake Daycop as scum (it's actually the easiest role to fake).

B) I never claimed to get a PR?

@Your@Me:
Huh?
A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.

B) oops got you and FG messed up there. :D
Record:

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Narsis wrote:
TBM wrote: A) There is plenty of reason to fake Daycop as scum (it's actually the easiest role to fake).
A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.
Believability.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Plum »

Narsis wrote:A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.
Mine, maybe . . . it would've been easy enough to get an innocent on someone and make it through the day with everyone on the team intact (or at least not auto-condemned by the daycop investigation). Assuming there are three scum, two Townies Dead Day/Night 1 and two Townies dead Day/Night 2 would be Day 3 five Townies and three scumbags alive, which is MYLO if my calculations are correct. It's probably easier and better to do that as scum with a one-shot power than confirm a buddy as scum and such - even if you are let off the hook for a while, at least your buddy might get caught out on connections or whatnot, and with Townies gaining powers most days, the last scumbag would still be vulnerable; the other would be a much easier win in almost all cases.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Narsis »

Plum wrote:
Narsis wrote:A) true. but why go out and buss a partner like that when he didnt need too? Tasky wasnt even on the top of everyone's scum list.
Mine, maybe . . . it would've been easy enough to get an innocent on someone and make it through the day with everyone on the team intact (or at least not auto-condemned by the daycop investigation). Assuming there are three scum, two Townies Dead Day/Night 1 and two Townies dead Day/Night 2 would be Day 3 five Townies and three scumbags alive, which is MYLO if my calculations are correct. It's probably easier and better to do that as scum with a one-shot power than confirm a buddy as scum and such - even if you are let off the hook for a while, at least your buddy might get caught out on connections or whatnot, and with Townies gaining powers most days, the last scumbag would still be vulnerable; the other would be a much easier win in almost all cases.
sorry i dont quite get this. it seems you are agreeing with me and then flip around and disagree in the same sentence. not saying you are contradicting yourself, just saying i'm having trouble understanding the wall of text.
Record:

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Plum »

I was saying that Tasky was at the top or near the top of at least one and possibly a few more scumlists.

What I'm saying is that scum-VV would almost certainly have an easier time winning claiming an innocent on someone and helping cause a mislynch yesterday than bussing scum-Tasky in that way. Given the numbers and assuming the scum successfully kill every Night, assuming three scumbags three mislynches and Town loses. Getting the second in a row would have been a surer bet than bussing, especially given the mechanic . . .
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Mod:
Can we get a prod on Thor and Chrono?

Well, I would've done, but, y'know. :down: -M
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Mod:
Can we get a prod on Thor and Chrono?
You can't get one on me!

Sorry, friends in from out of town, this game became a lower priority.

I feel more town on Narsis now.
Scom obviously have fakeclaims - any conversation otherwise is silly (Littlebottom is proof)
VV is town enough, right now. If he's scum then his bus buys him a reprieve. Personally I don't see him as that likely to be scum.
No kill suggests to my mind that either we have a protective role and VV was likely target or that scum want us to think this.

@FakeGod - I'd love to lynch you, why shouldn't I? Your actions around VV yesterday were mega-odd. Also, you haven't told us about strength yet - you only have it for the Day Phase. Yes or no question; is there a reason you're not claiming its effects?

To my mind FG or Button is the lynch today.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Going to be semi-V/LA over the next week, have a group presentation to work on. posting this (or something to this effect) across all games.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Thor, vote Buttonmen then.

@Buttonmen: Are you even paying attention that I'm un-counterclaimed Vimes AND Vimes is mod-confirmed to be in this game?

@Chrono: Who did you target last night? And be useful god-damnit.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, it's interesting to note that:

Tasky's RVS vote was jimfinn. Tasky then never mentions him, even during the jimfinn wagon days. Tasky sorta-kinda soft defends him here by questioning me when I pushed jimfinn to L-1 and also unvoting(since his RVS vote was part of jimfinn's L-1 wagon.). Then no mention whatsoever.

Could be a good link... Whenever I find it hard to mention my scumbuddy even just slightly and I like to soft defend them like that.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by molestargazer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Bad tags. D=<. Mod of awesomeness, HALP!

Fixed.

So everyone else knows what happened - Changed a [/quote] to a [/url] in the above post so the tags worked - nothing more than that.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:58 am

Post by FakeGod »

Thor665 wrote: @FakeGod - I'd love to lynch you, why shouldn't I? Your actions around VV yesterday were mega-odd. Also, you haven't told us about strength yet - you only have it for the Day Phase. Yes or no question; is there a reason you're not claiming its effects?
Just waiting to see if there's any cc's, that's all.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:02 am

Post by FakeGod »

Am I correct in saying that everyone except Budja has posted after my claim, and there were no cc's?

When it's confirmed that I'm un cc'd, I'll out my power, STRENGTH.

Calling all touhou fans!
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:34 am

Post by jimfinn »

@everyone: I forgot that Dorf'l was the power of the day when I said it could be a safeclaim, probably due to my lack of knowledge of the flavor. I am now inclined to believe his claim and that he is town.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:46 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

VasudeVa wrote: @Buttonmen: Are you even paying attention that I'm un-counterclaimed Vimes AND Vimes is mod-confirmed to be in this game?
I've never said you aren't Vimes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

VasudeVa wrote:@Buttonmen: Are you even paying attention that I'm un-counterclaimed Vimes AND Vimes is mod-confirmed to be in this game?
Whether or not Button said this - what does it matter that you are un-counterclaimed Vimes who is mod-confirmed to be in the game? What does it tell us?
VasudeVa wrote:@Chrono: Who did you target last night? And be useful god-damnit.
Seconded.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

jimfinn wrote:@everyone: I forgot that Dorf'l was the power of the day when I said it could be a safeclaim, probably due to my lack of knowledge of the flavor. I am now inclined to believe his claim and that he is town.
Who do you think is scum?
Why?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Budja »

I'm not CCing.
Getting the one-shot powers is a point in FakeGod's favour, but not a confirmation of townieness.

I predict jim/Button as the scum at this point.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Narsis »

FakeGod wrote:
Thor665 wrote: @FakeGod - I'd love to lynch you, why shouldn't I? Your actions around VV yesterday were mega-odd. Also, you haven't told us about strength yet - you only have it for the Day Phase. Yes or no question; is there a reason you're not claiming its effects?
why wait to see if there are any cc's though? if you are in fact Dorfl then there wont be a cc cause there wont be anyone else with that name(or rather their shouldn't).
Record:

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

Narsis wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
why wait to see if there are any cc's though? if you are in fact Dorfl then there wont be a cc cause there wont be anyone else with that name(or rather their shouldn't).
In case scum decides to be dumb and cc and give us freebies. (I don't pass up on freebies :D )

Anyways, I'm uncc'd Dorfl. STRENGTH allows me to stop one player from voting today.

I know, right? I was hoping for a 1-shot daykill, :igmeou: and bust up some scum with my giant fists of clay. O well.

Calling all touhou fans!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”