Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Zhero »

Enigma wrote:Convenient how you don't acknowledge the posts on the previous page by Faraday on the previous page Zhero at all and as a result you take Elscouta a bit out of context.
Not sure what you mean, no misrep was intended.

Signs of a nuke-happy town making me nervous for DEFCON 1 :P
-Zhero
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hinduragi wrote:You want explanation? You got it.

Faraday obviously didn't read the first post extensively. If he did, he'd know that, regardless of alignment, we're all given the same info because all the role pm's are in the first post as well as the faction numbers a.k.a. it's an open setup.
I dunno what you mean here, what did I miss? I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm aware it's an 8:3:1 set-up, I'm saying I think if Andrius was scum he'd have been told by his scumbuddies that he could pick from more than one area for his list.

You have been playing the idiot in all your recent posts. Either you are indead a townie wanting to be counterproductive, or a scum trying to give himself a style. I lean towards the second.
I'm 'playing the idiot'? Where the fuck have I done that? And derp @ the second part. I don't even know what a scum trying to give himself a style means in any context whatsoever.

And for the record, I maintain that "X is town" is more often heard in scum mouths than in town mouths (especially without explanation).
you'd be dead wrong then.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Faraday »

Zhero wrote:
Enigma wrote:Convenient how you don't acknowledge the posts on the previous page by Faraday on the previous page Zhero at all and as a result you take Elscouta a bit out of context.
Not sure what you mean, no misrep was intended.
there was no mis rep, he's concerned his scumbuddy's going down in flames.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh, in that case, nevermind.

Elscouta, I don't see how "X is town" is a scumtell. I see town/scum do it. If you can explain why scum do it more than town, I'll be happy to prove you wrong. Now, the person's reasons for saying "X is town" can be a scumtell. Saying it, though, is not.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Elscouta »

There is mainly three reasons :
- First, town has no reason to say they believe someone to be town when this person is not attacked. It only helps scum to help decide on their nightkills.
- Second, scum has a lot of reasons to say someone is town. It "looks" like scumhunting, usually makes the scum take less pressure than an accusation, and has some buddying effect.
- Last, this is not well known has a scumtell, so scum usually don't try to avoid this.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

All 3 of your points are 100% wrong. No need to thank me.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Elscouta »

You wish to continue playing the idiot and try to avoid posting any reasoning whatsoever in your post? I guess you feel this is giving you a better chance to get away than trying to argue...
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

-You voted Andrius for a gut read. That's an attack. Town also wants to proclaim their reads so other town knows where they stand and so they will (hopefully) see it the same way.
-I've been on this site for less than two months and I already know saying town will get you called for buddying. It happened in my first game.
-Town don't try to avoid it either because it's not well known as a scumtell.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Hinduragi wrote:-You voted Andrius for a gut read. That's an attack. Town also wants to proclaim their reads so other town knows where they stand and so they will (hopefully) see it the same way.
They want to proclam their
scum
reads. Not their town/neutral reads.
Hinduragi wrote:-I've been on this site for less than two months and I already know saying town will get you called for buddying. It happened in my first game.
Your point is?
Hinduragi wrote:-Town don't try to avoid it either because it's not well known as a scumtell.
It's less natural for town. The fact that they don't try to avoid it doesn't remove the fact that town do it less than scum.

--

Anyway, I want to say now that i'm voting Faraday for a lot more than just his "blah is town". His defense based on "everything you say is crap, go away" is not suiting me at all. The indirect defense of Faraday by Hinduragi is noted.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Faraday »

Elscouta wrote:You wish to continue playing the idiot and try to avoid posting any reasoning whatsoever in your post? I guess you feel this is giving you a better chance to get away than trying to argue...
What exactly am I supposed to ARGUE WITH?

Let's get to your points:
- First, town has no reason to say they believe someone to be town when this person is not attacked(1). It only helps scum to help decide on their nightkills.(2)
(1) WRONG, (2) WRONG. Having a bunch of obv town players helps narrow down scum. Sharing reads in thread is a good idea as it allows voting blocs and narrowing of the suspect pool and other mumbo jumbo. Scum don't need help deciding nightkill. If scum want to take my advice on their nightkill they're probably retarded anyway, so ya know whatever.

never mind this is boring I'm going to watch tv
The indirect defense of Faraday by Hinduragi is noted.
Calling you on your crap logic = defending me. lolk.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Your misrep is noted. Indirect Defense? I did the same thing you initially voted Faraday for and I'm defending Faraday? I only said he was town because I thought he was based on the point I listed and I was positive your case was on a townie. Then he clarified that I was wrong about my assumption. If I was defending Faraday, I'd be saying how he's not an idiot and such.

You still missed the Andrius part.

Scum would try to avoid it because they get called on buddying for it is what I mean.

It's not fact. It's less natural? How? You just said there were facts proving you right but I don't see facts.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Ebwop: On the first point about town proclaiming reads - Town proclaims neutral/town reads plenty. I can cite games if you want. It's not uncommon.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Zhero »

Faraday wrote:(1) WRONG, (2) WRONG. Having a bunch of obv town players helps narrow down scum. Sharing reads in thread is a good idea as it allows voting blocs and narrowing of the suspect pool and other mumbo jumbo. Scum don't need help deciding nightkill. If scum want to take my advice on their nightkill they're probably retarded anyway, so ya know whatever.
To add to this, sharing town reads leaves a paper trail, making it harder to go back on that later to push a mislynch. Scum doesn't have much of a motivation to cut their choices like that.
-Zhero
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Faraday wrote:Scum would be aware they could pick from different groupings.
Tell me when this makes sense. Being scum doesn't give you some cosmic understanding of all game mechanics.
Faraday wrote:All 3 of your points are 100% wrong. No need to thank me.
Kewl no reasoning. I must say you make a very convincing argument.

Also @Faraday- You missed my question. What is your reasoning behind the Enigma vote/elscou FoS?

Anyway throwing out town reads is scummy. Think about this:

scum saying scum is town- Allows them to buddy up
scum saying town is town- If the townie gets lynched it makes the scum look more like town whereas if the scum gets lynched then the townie looks more scummy
town saying scum/town is town- Tells the scum who to kill :D

I do see plenty of townies say people are town though (Especially in endgame where it becomes more obvious) so its not that much of a scumtell.

Faraday makes me nervous overall though. I could see plenty of stuff he's saying coming from a townie PoV but at the same time he manages to do plenty of scummy stuff (Not providing reasoning, just throwing out arguments and pretending they're crap etc.) Overall I get an uneasy and scummy read from him and I'm definitely going to keep a closer eye on him.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Felt like I didn't make this clear enough: I did see Faraday's explanation about Elscou's points but it's definitely scummy that he needed to be called out on it first.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, Vote Count 2 - Civilization IV]

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." --Will Rogers

[Votes]

Andrius
(0)
AurorusVox
(0)
Doombunny9
(1) - Enigma
Elscouta
(1) - Andrius
Enigma
(3) - Zhero, Doombunny9, Faraday
Faraday
(2) - AurorusVox, Elscouta
Hinduragi
(0)
Papa Zito
(1) - SpyreX
Percy
(1) - Hinduragi
SocioPath
(0)
SpyreX
(1) - SocioPath
Zhero
(0)

Note Voting
(2) - Papa Zito, Percy

[Activity]

The deadline is 16 September 2010 at 5pm EST.

Papa Zito
has received his first prod.
AurorusVox
is no access through 6 September 2010, and V/LA until 17 September 2010.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by Percy »

Hello everyone, I'm back and reading NAO
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Percy »

Firstly, no sub for me.

@Faraday
: I was talking to Doombunny and Hinduragi, but Doombunny (and by extension Hinduragi, maybe) say that the point was more about
only
doing pointless discussion. Urgh, whatever, I still think it's crap and the distinction is useless.
Zhero 93 wrote:There's no codes and buddies here but I agree with your logic.
*skin crawls*
Elscouta 105 wrote:@Andrius : I'll nuke people if i want >.>
Good to know.

VOTE: Elscouta, for this, his pre-DEFCON 3 play, and his reaction to Faraday. Especially this:
Elscouta 151 wrote:Claiming someone is town without explanation : a
classic
scum move
Elscouta 179 wrote:this is
not well known
has a scumtell, so scum usually don't try to avoid this.
Inaccurately calling on meta-authority to back up a shitty point, also backpedalling. I'd go so far as to say this backpedalling is
classic
!

Also,
Elscouta 140 wrote:Looks like i'm supposed to say something >.>
This bothers me too.

Elscouta is #1 by a long way.
Faraday 184 wrote:
Elscouta wrote:The indirect defense of Faraday by Hinduragi is noted.
Calling you on your crap logic = defending me. lolk.
Something interesting is going on here. I'm going to let this sit in my brain for a day or so.

@Andrius
: You just discovered eavesdropper? As in, you read the ability the day after your preferences were due? :?

Enigma's point against Doombunny is backwards, or at best WIFOM. Scum are perhaps more likely to have read the rules in depth than town, and to have had their errors in understanding corrected by scumbuddies in their QT...
Still, I continue to get town vibes from Enigma. It's a gut read based off nothing more than tone, but it's there.

If the scum have the sub, then when claimtime comes, anyone with Fighter has a chance of catching the liar (as the natural fakeclaim for the person with the sub is a missile silo), so perhaps it's not so useless after all :D
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:22 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hello, I'm still alive. I might only get off one post every two days, up until this weekend, and then after that I'll be coming onto campus once a day. In any case, I've been reading the thread on my phone, but for some reason it won't let me log in properly. So sorry, I'll try to keep this short...

SpyreX wrote:That's not the terrorist wincon. That's all the wincons.
Is it the town's wincon for everyone to die?

Elscouta/Faraday debate

Elscouta wrote:Looks like i'm supposed to say something >.>
[...]Gut read.
^Active lurking? My suspicions of active lurking itself were lessened when he started posting actual arguments. But we'll get onto those in a moment...

Without explanation
Elscouta wrote:Claiming someone is town
without explanation
: a classic scum move
At this point the emphasis is on the lack of explanation, which I think is a fair point, though plenty of people make assertions without explicitly explaining why, so I'd treat it as a null tell. And, Faraday does go on to explain his reasoning...

Faraday wrote:I'm saying I think if Andrius was scum he'd have been told by his scumbuddies that he could pick from more than one area for his list.
I think this analysis makes sense. Unless all three scum thought you could only pick from one area, which is unlikely.

I'd also argue that "no explanations" is just the way that Faraday plays. It's irritating, but it does look to at least be consistent:
Doombunny9 wrote:
Faraday wrote:All 3 of your points are 100% wrong. No need to thank me.
Kewl no reasoning. I must say you make a very convincing argument.

Outing town tellsAs for the "three points" themselves;
Elscouta wrote:- First, town has no reason to say they believe someone to be town when this person is not attacked. It only helps scum to help decide on their nightkills.
I do think that outing town-tells helps scum since they can see who the "towniest" players are and get a gauge of how well they're mixing in with the crowd. However, town do have reasons to out their town reads every now and again. It helps narrow the list of people to scumhunt, and can be used to explain WHY you're narrowing the list.
Elscouta wrote:- Second, scum has a lot of reasons to say someone is town. It "looks" like scumhunting, usually makes the scum take less pressure than an accusation, and has some buddying effect.
Do you think that Faraday's post, without explanation (your first emphasis) "looked" like scumhunting? Because I think if he wanted to look like he was scumhunting he would have included his reasons earlier. Also, Zheo made a good point for why scum
shouldn't
declare town reads.
Zhero wrote:sharing town reads leaves a paper trail, making it harder to go back on that later to push a mislynch. Scum doesn't have much of a motivation to cut their choices like that.
Elscouta wrote:- Last, this is not well known has a scumtell, so scum usually don't try to avoid this.
You were caught in a contradiction here.
Percy wrote:Inaccurately calling on meta-authority to back up a shitty point, also backpedalling. I'd go so far as to say this backpedalling is
classic
!
...it just makes me swing more towards the Faraday side of the argument.

Vote; Elscouta
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 am

Post by Elscouta »

Percy wrote:. Especially this:
Elscouta 151 wrote:Claiming someone is town without explanation : a
classic
scum move
Elscouta 179 wrote:this is
not well known
has a scumtell, so scum usually don't try to avoid this.
Inaccurately calling on meta-authority to back up a shitty point, also backpedalling. I'd go so far as to say this backpedalling is
classic
!
Classic as in "i consider this move as a move that scum is really inclined to make"
Not well known as in "not all people are aware of this"

There is no contradiction there.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:45 am

Post by AurorusVox »

If it's classic, why is it not well known?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Elscouta »

The move is classic, but it's not well known as a tell. Look, there is even people arguing it's not...
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Enigma »

So it looks like we have done good, we have 2
confirmed
townies now, based on the fact that they failed to read the opening posts properly.

So let me get this right.
My argument, that skimming through posts is a scum tell is declared as a null read then a few pages down the track it is used to pro claim townies.
I'm really not in favor of such definitive calls this early, saying someone gives you a town feel is fine but we are less than 10 pages into this game.
Stupidity and ignorance are easy to feign regardless if you are scum or town.
Zhero wrote:Scummy response. Feeling pressured?

Your first point is silly, claiming town reads at random is a nulltell. Buddiyng is a scumtell, but Faraday's post doesn't really read as such. Also, I'm pretty sure his reasoning is obvious.
Faraday's reasoning? You mean #146-#150? Obvious? What am I missing out in those posts that you are seeing?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Andrius »

Percy wrote: @Andrius: You just discovered eavesdropper? As in, you read the ability the day after your preferences were due?
I was under the impression that I could only pick from Missile Silo/Offensive/Defensive, so I read down the list and saw what I wanted. I didn't give eavesdropper much though (as my prefered role took preference), but it seems as though it would be very useful to have in town hands now... but still; I'm happy with what I have. :D
Enigma wrote: So it looks like we have done good, we have 2 confirmed townies now, based on the fact that they failed to read the opening posts properly.
I find this statement highly questionble. While I have no qualms about being called pro-town, your statement rubs me the wrong way. Like it isn't sincere. Gut perhaps...
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Enigma »

It isn't meant to be sincere. For those who don't notice it's sarcastic.

Stop bread crumbing your role.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”