Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Ups »

/Confirm
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Ups »

Vote:silverbullet999

Don't blame me, the RNG made me do it!
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Ups »

neil1113 wrote:Also, Ups it seems like you're posting just to get your name out there so nobody can claim you're "lurking", though you bring no valuable information to the town either concerning yourself, or concerning anything you've seen.
Well, we're in RVS and I personally don't understand the Random.org hate when most people tend to joke around with their votes this early in the game. The method I used, the RNG, ultimately accomplishes the same result as this...
Spadille wrote:I
Vote: Razgriz
for voting the mod
THE WRONG WAY
D:
I'd like to know the following from you:

1)What do you think of RVS in general?
2)Why haven't you voted yet?
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Ups »

Unvote

Vote:neil1113

Upon rereading your posts, I'd like you to answer the previous questions posed at you, and I'd like you to address your actions so far. For example, you haven't voted yet, instead ending with this.
neil1113 wrote:Now that I've had my say, continue on with your conversation. :)
That line sounds to me like you want to appear to be scumhunting, without actually taking a stand. That type of passive play is weak for town.
neil1113 wrote:All of these votes in such a short time... it seems like that'd be the mafia's goal right? To try and get a lynch going on us and try to take us out...
Could you please elaborate about this? I'm not quite sure I understand your reasoning.

And for Nevermind's Q's:

What do you think is the best way to start off an F11 (the setup we're playing)? -
RVS, I guess. This is just from reading other games though, and because RQS is comparatively uncommon I don't have much knowledge on alternatives.

If RVS:

How would you decide when to end RVS? -
When someone slips up and appears to be scum.

What if no one reacts to anything? -
Make a reaction, I guess. Perhaps by starting a bandwagon and gauging reactions, but it really shouldn't get to that point.

What would you say is the maximum number of votes a person can have?
L-1. If they get hammered we have a strong scum suspect, and otherwise we pressure them to spill their guts, hopefully resulting in useful info.

How would one vote "randomly"?
random number generator, frivolous reasons, patterns, etc. -
I don't care how it's done.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ups »

EBWOP: you posted right before me, going to read up on our post quickly.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Ups »

I'm going to keep my vote where it is right now, but I agree that the people who haven't posted yet need to be accounted for. Also, keep in mind that this round lasts 3 weeks, so all the lurkers now will have to eventually post or be replaced. You seem to be aggressively targeting lurkers, to the point of suggesting lynching without, even though it's the first day of the game and people may just happen to be busy today. In conclusion, lynching people without proper evidence building is anti-town.

P.S.- It's pronounced "up" with an s at the end.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Ups »

neil1113 wrote:And wait, first you call me a "passive player" which makes me scum, then you say I'm "lynching without proper evidence" which makes me scum... which one is it? Because you just contradicted yourself there my friend, and if you're interested in targeting me so be it, but please get your story correct.
Yes, the timing was off as your large post in which you voted came out 2 minutes before mine, and I was not aware that it existed when I clicked submit. In any case, it was difficult to get anything done today when few people were active, but I hope that will change tomorrow when there will hopefully will be more constructive activity.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Ups »

@Yoenit, Vinicius Chaim, and Razgriz:

Thoughts on the game so far, any preliminary suspects?

@Spadille:

The two questions of mine you answered were actually targeted at neil, but I see how it could have been ambigious. Thanks for answering anyway.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Ups »

I understand the confusion, it's really no problem.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Ups »

Reading through what I missed yesterday, will make a post in a bit.
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Ups »

Vinicius Chaim wrote:so man, I posted in the second page, I have a FoS in Neil, cause, IMO, it's not a good idea to make townies lynch the IC so soon, unless you're scum...
Vinicius Chaim wrote:just a question Ups, why are you asking as about our suspicious? are you worried?
(just asking)
I already saw the post you mentioned. The reason I called you out was because the quality and quantity of your posts (and the others mentioned), could be and can still be improved. Don't worry about not being able to convey your message, as your English has been very understandable so far.

@silverbullet:

You've mostly been reacting, as in answering the questions targeted at everyone, and not acting of your own volition. You say you've skimmed the thread, but you have absolutely no thoughts other than "Neil you're an interesting sort." As of now you've been flying under the radar, and I'd like to see some actual content, because we shouldn't be giving out free rides.

@Razgriz:

That's a good content post. Though I have to wonder why you haven't pressured silverbullet more, with a vote for example, even though you had a scum read on him.

As for your questions:

1. What is your mafia expeirence (IYHO) -
This is my first game. I've read through other finished games, so I have some idea of how a typical game runs, but reading about it doesn't compare to the actual experience.

2. How do you feel about transition from RVS to seriousness(IE: How do you think it should be done)? -
I think it should be done as soon as someone makes a scummy comment or response, whereupon that person is attacked. As you can probably tell, I don't very like the idea of RVS but recognize its necessity, which is why I tried to end it so early.

3. What do you do about people that bandwagon? -
Look at their motives for joining, and question them. If they're town expect them to work off of evidence, if they're scum expect them to try to mislead.

@Yoenit:

Looking forward to the bigger post you said is coming up tomorrow. Some of your answers in ISO #4 would seem somewhat scummy, but it could be attributed to being new. Hopefully your next post will offer more content.

@Spadille:

Spadille wrote:What is your reaction in my theory that You and Neil are the duo?
I'd say your reasoning (that because neil and I were active at the same time and arguing makes us scum) is wrong. I was on because I was looking forward to my first game of Mafia, and it's possible that neil was looking forward to his first game on MS. The was started when neil called me out for lurking and for lack of content, and then hypocritically running back into the shadows with
neil1113 wrote:Now that I've had my say, continue on with your conversation.
So, to answer your question bluntly, I'd say you're grasping at straws and accusing without any real evidence.

I'm going to do the other three in a bit. I'm not used to making long analyses. :(
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Ups »

silverbullet999 wrote:Thank you sherlock. More or less I'm slightly poking neil and waiting for Raz to reply about his weak case which will be awhile. But surely I must pursue everyone right now apparently eh? Few questions for you
A. You seem to be ignoring a few other culprits who have been flying under the radar and/or have done similar to mine. Any particular reason why you target me specifically?
B. The whole paragraph seems neutral towards me but I thought I'd ask.. who do you find scummiest so far this early? Actually, pick your top two and why.
C. What do you think of neil's slip or miscalculation?
A. The reason I targeted you, as opposed to someone like Yoenit, was because you already have a few games under your belt, unlike him. At this point, though, he might be actively lurking.

B. Hmm... I think at this point, when we have some decent discussion, Yoenit could be actively lurking even if he hasn't logged in recently, or he could have lost interest in the game. I'm going to put him on my suspicious list, at least until he starts contributing or gets replaced. Second, neil still bothers me, although I have less suspicion of him than I used to. I didn't like some of his early responses, but when I look at them again a lot of them look pro-town. Of course he had his slip-up, which I'll address next question. He was, and has been, making a lot of jokes, and I'm not sure how to analyze that. I wish I could answer that better, but gathering evidence and making reads on D1 is tougher than I thought it would be.

C. It could be something big, or it could be absolutely nothing. He owned up to the mistake, and I can't get a read either way from that. I've seen town players make slip ups similar to that and got lynched from it, so I wouldn't read too much into it on its own.
neil1113 wrote:I didn't think about it before, but now that I look and realize Ups has yet to take his vote off of me, I must wonder... is he really just trying to get me out of the picture? If so Ups, I must ask... why? Do I still seem suspicious to you after answering your questions?
As seen above, yes, you do seem suspicious to me, but not as much as before. My vote was placed there simply because I saw no other scum candidates. I don't like how you refer to me in the third person in the middle of that comment, as it seems to be you directly attempting to gain favor or seek approval from everyone else. Finally, while you're free to vote for me, I wish you found a better reason than the fact that I kept my vote on you for a long time, as it's very weak IMO.

As it seems that you're going to be very active regardless of whether or not I have my vote on you, I'm going to
Unvote
and VOTE: Yoenit, as out of all the people in this game he's posted the least content. The point of the vote mainly is to force him to post more, as the more content a person posts the more we have to dissect.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”